PDA

View Full Version : howard will be a rocket

ducks
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM
book it
harden and the young guns in houston
other then the 30 million more reasons to stay in la
rockets have a better chance at a title with howard then the current group of players for la also

hater
04-29-2013, 03:51 PM
who gives a shit. wherever he goes. that team ain't going anywhere. I hope he stays in LA IMO.

RD2191
04-29-2013, 03:51 PM
You make it seem as if you have an official statement.

spurraider21
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
30 million reasons? Not as many a you think with the state tax difference

Two10Whitey
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
It's all good.. We have Baynes!!!!!!:lol

monkeypunk
04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
book it
rockets have a better chance at a title with howard then the current group of players for la also

He won't go there. Not enough hype and $$$$.

All he cares about is attention and Houston doesn't have enough.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Well, if he likes Chinese attention, Houston could work. It's a whole different marketing ballgame there that started with Yao and is being maintained with Lin.

Seventyniner
04-29-2013, 03:58 PM
I won't trust anything about Howard's destination until the ink is dry on the cuntract and Woj reports it. Dwight changes his mind more often than most women tbh.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Well, if he likes Chinese attention, Houston could work. It's a whole different marketing ballgame there that started with Yao and is being maintained with Lin.

He'd love that attention. The women are already down with that "one child per woman" policy of his.

Cane
04-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Tbh all the Texas teams might try and push for D12......

/ducks for cover

04-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Tbh all the Texas teams might try and push for D12......

/ducks for cover
Very true, if the Spurs can re-sign Ginobili to a reasonable contract and let Splitter go, they can offer Howard the max. It would be one of the biggest twists in NBA history though.

snickles
04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
cuntract

typo or subtle commentary?

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 05:37 PM
What will Houston trade to get him? Dwight will agree to a sign and trade, because it's too much money to pass up.

TD 21
04-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Makes the most sense basketball wise, by far.

If he does, this three-team trade makes sense for all involved: Howard signed and traded for Asik, with Asik being re-routed for a signed and traded Smith.

The Hawks get an elite defensive anchor and finally get to move Horford to his natural PF, the Rockets get a legit second star to pair with Harden and instantly become the most serious long term threats to the Thunder in the West and the Lakers get a versatile, jack of (almost) all trades PF and finally get to move Gasol to his natural C.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Lakerfan's going to be on the Kevin Love boat until July.

DAF86
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
The Rockets already have Asik, Houston has three positions well covered: SG (Harden), SF (Parsons) and C (Asik).They need another playmaker in any of the other two positions.

therealtruth
04-29-2013, 06:59 PM
The Rockets already have Asik, Houston has three positions well covered: SG (Harden), SF (Parsons) and C (Asik).They need another playmaker in any of the other two positions.

I think the Rockets would be willing to part with Asik if Howard was available.

DAF86
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I think the Rockets would be willing to part with Asik if Howard was available.

I don't know if that would be the best option. Of course I would rather have Howard over Asik but if they add Howard they won't be able to add another star (or at least it would be harder), I prefer to have Asik and another star than Howard and another role player.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
:cry but then how will he get a statue next to Kareem's :cry

pgardn
04-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Lakerfan's going to be on the Kevin Love boat until July.
I was thinking about this but what can LA offer Minnesota?

LA has no young potential, and I can't see Minn. taking Gasol.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 07:17 PM
I was thinking about this but what can LA offer Minnesota?

LA has no young potential, and I can't see Minn. taking Gasol.

They probably can't, but it won't stop ESPN from spending endless hours talking about it between now and then. And after watching the depths to which Philly was willing to sink their own future just to help LA get a player they wanted, nothing would surprise me.

Stabula
04-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Send him to the Bobcats

PŌÓCH
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Dwight Howard should go to the Washington Wizards and play alongside Jason Collins, they can be dubbed the new "Amiguous gay duo". Can you imagine the marketing campaign?

Chinook
04-29-2013, 08:18 PM
What will Houston trade to get him? Dwight will agree to a sign and trade, because it's too much money to pass up.

There are two issues with sign-and-trading Howard:

1--The Lakers can't receive a player in return for Howard unless they amnesty Gasol or Byrant

2--Howard can't get a Bird contract (in terms of raises and the extra year) in a sign-and-trade under the new CBA. S&Ts only have purpose if a team can't afford to sign a player outright. It offers no financial incentive to the player now.

exstatic
04-29-2013, 08:26 PM

LA is prohibited from S&Ts this summer. One of the new little LuxTax baubles for repeat offenders that kicks in this summer.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Good info, guys. Thank you.

BTW, why NOT amnesty Kobe? He's not going anywhere, he can still rehab with the team, they save a bucking futtload of money and they can re-sign him if and when he's healthy. Nobody thinks he's going to contribute next season, do they?

Chinook
04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Good info, guys. Thank you.

BTW, why NOT amnesty Kobe? He's not going anywhere, he can still rehab with the team, they save a bucking futtload of money and they can re-sign him if and when he's healthy. Nobody thinks he's going to contribute next season, do they?

Well the issue with that is that they can't re-sign him unless 2014. And it may not even be his choice whether or not he comes back. It's possible that someone claims him (I think it'd be likely, actually) for a couple of million to see if he can come back at some point. For example, the Spurs might put in a bid for him in hopes he'd be ready for the playoffs. Or the Bobcats could claim him for ticket sales. Then, those teams have his Bird rights, and he may be content to finish his career with a contender.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 08:39 PM
IMO, if Howard knows what's best for him then he'd ho to Houston. But I pray that he stays in LA and signs a 5 year max contract so that LA is stuck with mediocrity until almost the end of the decade.

Venti Quattro
04-29-2013, 08:42 PM

He brings a lot of business to the Lakers. Could you imagine the media spectacle that the Lakers are gonna create if they do that? They are gonna get killed

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 08:48 PM
He brings a lot of business to the Lakers. Could you imagine the media spectacle that the Lakers are gonna create if they do that? They are gonna get killed

No, you're right. I forgot that people would bid on him, and someone would just to fuck with the Lakers. The Sixers have to be feeling pretty annoyed at LA right about now. If there was ever a time for the team to dig into their TV contract fund, it's now with Kobe.

Embedded
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I hope San Antonio considers Pau Gasol. He seems like a true mature professional, how he handled being traded, and when the trade didn't go through he didn't pout. Can you imagine Dwight Coward or Lamar Odum if a team tried to trade them away, and the trade didn't go through? Lamar would be curled up in bed the entire season in the fetal position with a case of Watermelon-flavored blow-pops and a stack of breast-featured nudie books, and Dwight Coward would hug the coach at a press conference while stabbing him in the back with a toy knife! Oh, LMAO @ CJZERO, hahahahahahhttp://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server500/2d7bf/products/3857/images/1970/Blow_Pops_Watermelon__23853.1358534913.1280.1280.j pg

The_Worlds_finest
04-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Shaq at 27 could have won a game for the Lakers in this series

vander
04-29-2013, 10:53 PM
can't believe people writing off this guy's ability after one crazy year in lala land.

would love to see him sour on LA and come to SA

Pop and TD could get his head right, maybe, possibly

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
If I were Howard I'd go to Houston (they're like Orlando a few years ago but have the potential to be better with Harden, D12 and Parsons), but I bet he takes the extra $30mil and the LaLa Land frills and remains a Faker... let's face it, that suits his flaky, childish personality.

will_spurs
04-30-2013, 04:32 AM
would love to see him sour on LA and come to SA

Please no. Just no. Let him destroy another franchise, just not ours.

Re: Kobe, I thought there was some injury provision in the CBA to save a bit of money when a player is out for the year?

exstatic
04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Please no. Just no. Let him destroy another franchise, just not ours.

Re: Kobe, I thought there was some injury provision in the CBA to save a bit of money when a player is out for the year?

The injury provision is an allotment to sign another replacement player. You save nothing on the injured player.

TampaDude
04-30-2013, 08:08 AM

Heh...SAS was talking about this on First Take yesterday. If Jim Buss amnestied Kobe, he better get himself some really good armed security.

tmtcsc
04-30-2013, 08:17 AM
I don't know man. If you were a fraud, would you go to Houston for 30 million less just to have a better chance at winning a ring? 30 MILLION LESS. I think he stays and has built in reasons for not winning a ring. Surrounded by yes-men, able to dodge accountability with a double tech, its a flake, its a fraud, its, its...Super Douche !!

http://rumorsandrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/howard-278x300.jpg

Mel_13
04-30-2013, 08:17 AM
can't believe people writing off this guy's ability after one crazy year in lala land.

There's also the drama surrounding his last two years in Orlando as well as the health concerns associated with the back surgery. I don't think any serious observer is writing off his ability, but making Howard your franchise player has real risks. There are sure to be several franchises, starting with the Lakers, willing to assume those risks.

therealtruth
05-02-2013, 08:18 AM
The Lakers have no other option. Kobe's going to be retiring soon. They're hoping to rebuild around DH.

kaji157
05-02-2013, 09:15 AM
The only way he goes to Houston is if his agent finds a way to explode Linīs image in the asian market and re-rout that advertising to howard.
Difficult to say the least as Lin would be the 4th or 5th best player on that team and his touches should be greatly reduced, actually the team would be better with a pass first PG who can take care of the ball and defend, al skills Linīs lacking.

Spur-Addict
05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
THey'd be better off getting Al Jeff in my opinion.

spurraider21
05-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Even if Howard walks the Lakers are still over the cap :lol

:lol basketball reasons
:lol do it mitch!

Obstructed_View
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
There's also the drama surrounding his last two years in Orlando as well as the health concerns associated with the back surgery. I don't think any serious observer is writing off his ability, but making Howard your franchise player has real risks. There are sure to be several franchises, starting with the Lakers, willing to assume those risks.

The Lakers have the money to give him a max deal and still not have him be the franchise player. They're the only team in the history of the league that could not be completely destroyed paying a guy 30 million dollars to sit on a couch and heal up. That's a lot of leeway the rest of the teams just don't have.

ducks
05-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/19/report-dwight-howard-will-consider-multiple-teams-in-free-agency-is-said-to-be-most-intrigued-by-the-rockets/

thiste
05-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Shouldn't this thread be downstairs?

buttsR4rebounding
05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
What will Houston trade to get him? Dwight will agree to a sign and trade, because it's too much money to pass up. If Howard signs a 4 year deal with an opt out at the end of 3, he can sign an extension at the end of 3 years and end up with about the same money. If you add in the savings from no state income tax in Texas he will be ahead. He can insure himself against a career ending injury that would be the only risk associated with this strategy. No sign and trade necessary.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2013, 01:15 PM
If Howard signs a 4 year deal with an opt out at the end of 3, he can sign an extension at the end of 3 years and end up with about the same money. If you add in the savings from no state income tax in Texas he will be ahead. He can insure himself against a career ending injury that would be the only risk associated with this strategy. No sign and trade necessary.

Correct, and they can't do sign and trades like that anymore, apparently. Just about the time I begin to understand the CBA they completely change it.

Mel_13
05-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Correct, and they can't do sign and trades like that anymore, apparently. Just about the time I begin to understand the CBA they completely change it.

Teams over tax apron can't receive a player in a sign and trade, so the Lakers are allowed to trade Howard in a sign and trade.

Another change to the sign and trade rules is that the player can't get a better contract in a sign and trade than the max contract that he can get from a team with enough cap space to sign him outright.

Indazone
05-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Do not want! Hope Morey spends his money and goes after LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh

LarryDavid
05-20-2013, 01:37 PM
book it

OK

Kidd K
05-20-2013, 01:41 PM
I think you might be right OP. Dwight does not seem to like playing with Kobe, while Harden (similarly good SG), is MUCH better at getting teammates involved and sharing the ball (after all, he had to play with Westbrook and Durant for years). The Rockets are better than the Lakers right now too, and that's WITHOUT Dwight!

The Lakers are an old fart team with terrible chemistry that's fading out of relevance. Why would Dwight want to stay with an aging roster who's best players besides himself are all actively in decline? Not to mention he gets to have the dubious honor of being the "worst good center in Lakers history". Even if he wins 2 titles with them, he's still the worst Lakers free agent center in their team's history.

It's a lose/lose situation. Meanwhile if he wins one in Houston, he's a hero. If he wins two, he matches Hakeem. It honestly doesn't make sense to me how Dwight could possibly become a "legend" like these ESPN nitwits are saying if he stays in LA. He'll always be considered the worst big center to be brought in to LA regardless.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Teams over tax apron can't receive a player in a sign and trade, so the Lakers are allowed to trade Howard in a sign and trade.

Another change to the sign and trade rules is that the player can't get a better contract in a sign and trade than the max contract that he can get from a team with enough cap space to sign him outright.

Yeah, the second part you mention is what I was referring to.

ducks
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
bumb

milkyway21
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
booked & noted ducks :tu

ohmwrecker
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
bumb

:lmao

elemento
07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
ducks ftw :toast

BackHome
07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Going to Houston

ohmwrecker
07-05-2013, 06:06 PM
OK

JesusEverlovingChrist you are a tool.

Mel_13
07-05-2013, 06:08 PM
bumb

That's 'bump' for those of you that don't speak ducks.

LarryDavid
07-05-2013, 09:50 PM
JesusEverlovingChrist you are a tool.

OK.

Kool Bob Love
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
https://twitter.com/DwightHoward

Brazil
07-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Good call duck

ducks
07-05-2013, 10:10 PM
thanks

therealtruth
07-05-2013, 10:34 PM
No Earl Clark either. Pringols will be fully exposed.

KL2
07-05-2013, 10:40 PM
That's 'bump' for those of you that don't speak ducks.

Laker fans getting fucking owned by a guy that can't even spell bump :lmao