PDA

View Full Version : OT: Respect

Brazil
04-29-2013, 05:03 PM
No respect for fans who wish injury on players. You're a shitty fan, period. Hate what a guy does and how he does it. Hate everything about a player, but to laugh and have joy in a player's injury is really a reflection of how shitty an individual you are. A true fan of the league and a sport wants every team at 100%, 100% of the time. You want to play and beat the opponent at their best. Have you ever even played a sport or have any idea the effort it takes to reach any type of success? Like I said, hate the guy all you want, that's cool, but at least have respect for what a guy puts in to get where he is and have enough balls to wish your opponent is at their best.

Monster1776
04-29-2013, 05:10 PM
No respect for fans who wish injury on players. You're a shitty fan, period. Hate what a guy does and how he does it. Hate everything about a player, but to laugh and have joy in a player's injury is really a reflection of how shitty an individual you are. A true fan of the league and a sport wants every team at 100%, 100% of the time. You want to play and beat the opponent at their best. Have you ever even played a sport or have any idea the effort it takes to reach any type of success? Like I said, hate the guy all you want, that's cool, but at least have respect for what a guy puts in to get where he is and have enough balls to wish your opponent is at their best.

This, I fucking hate Kobe but I felt like I was punched in the gut when I saw his injury and what it could mean for his career. Anyone that wishes harm on these athletes have no respect for the game.

Blake
04-29-2013, 05:15 PM
is it ok to wish harm if that player is homosexual?

Monster1776
04-29-2013, 05:17 PM
is it ok to wish harm if that player is homosexual?

Only if it's Jax.

hater
04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Did I use the word "INTENTIONAL" anywhere in my fucking post? No, I never said it was fucking intentional, NBA athletes have enough respect for each other to not try and purposefully injure their peers; unless they're a fucking nutjob like Artest.

What I said was it was a "FUCKING STUPID DIRTY PLAY" and is the exact reason why you don't barrel through someone trying to steal the ball when you know they're about to call a timeout; I can understand it was an honest hustle play in the playoffs trying to make a difference, but you just don't fucking do it. You're not going to steal the ball before the ref awards a timeout, and the player is defenseless against contact; plus it negates any foul that may happen. It's the same fucking thing of hitting a player in the air from behind or under them; you just don't fucking do it. Of course a fucking no name punk ass rookie like Beverley wouldn't know any better; nor any of these lame ass bitches on here who haven't stepped on a hardwood court in their life.

Monster1776
04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Did I use the word "INTENTIONAL" anywhere in my fucking post? No, I never said it was fucking intentional, NBA athletes have enough respect for each other to not try and purposefully injure their peers; unless they're a fucking nutjob like Artest.

What I said was it was a "FUCKING STUPID DIRTY PLAY" and is the exact reason why you don't barrel through someone trying to steal the ball when you know they're about to call a timeout; I can understand it was an honest hustle play in the playoffs trying to make a difference, but you just don't fucking do it. You're not going to steal the ball before the ref awards a timeout, and the player is defenseless against contact; plus it negates any foul that may happen. It's the same fucking thing of hitting a player in the air from behind or under them; you just don't fucking do it. Of course a fucking no name punk ass rookie like Beverley wouldn't know any better; nor any of these lame ass bitches on here who haven't stepped on a hardwood court in their life.

Do you have anything to add to the conversation?

Spursfan092120
04-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Felt horrible when I saw what happened to Kobe. Hope he gets back on the court soon.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
I only wish injuries on opposing players that could hurt my favorite team's chances of winning a title, tbh..

baseline bum
04-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Funniest part was when det nigga got free throws for poppin his own damn achilles.

Dex
04-29-2013, 05:39 PM
I only wish injuries on opposing players that could hurt my favorite team's chances of winning a title, tbh..

As opposed to wishing injuries on players just for the fuck of it?

04-29-2013, 05:44 PM

StrengthAndHonor
04-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah. You hate the guy, couldnt stand his demeanor and you despise everything he stands for. You revel his defeat and frown in his triumph. But the moment you realized he may have played his last game, it gives you a new perspective and realize that we're all so close to watching the end credits of the best basketball era ever. Its like watching a war flick and one by one the lead characters goes down one by one.

Sure there's another chapter but IMO their crop wss the most fun to watch and Kobe honestly made that era a lot more interesting.

jeebus
04-29-2013, 05:50 PM

Juggity
04-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I used to think I felt that way. But why lie? I'm pleased by injuries on opposing teams, tbh.

I'm sure many people wish spurs players were injured. Their wishing for injury brings it no closer to reality, just as my wishing for injuries on their team does not.

Celebrating injuries is cathartic and also, ultimately, does nothing.

Koolaid_Man
04-29-2013, 05:55 PM

Duncan can't go down fast enough for me....I'm praying every day....just like Bone Thugs and Harmony

Robz4000
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM

Of course I'm fucking mad, Westbrook is a promising extremely competitive young athlete that could achieve great things if he developed right; it's fucking painful to see someone like him or Rose have a knee injury in their prime. I don't fucking expect you to be able to relate but it really fucking pains me to see something like this to happen to anyone; fuck this year's playoffs, you don't know what can happen with a fucking knee injury and it all happened on a stupid play that could of been avoided.

spurraider21
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't wish injuries on anybody, but I'm not going to lose sleep at night if it happens to an athlete I don't care for. If its something like an ankle sprain that keeps them out for a week or 2, i'm all for it. Helps my team. But when its this career altering shit, sure it bothers me a bit. I wasn't excited when Kobe tore his achilles, but i'm not going to suddenly act super respectful towards the jackass. yeah, im sorry he tore his achilles, and i'd prefer it was less severe. but im not going to cry myself to sleep that some guys going to make 30 million next year but will have some pain in the offseason

Reck
04-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I dont wish harm to anyone, not just players but anyone. But if I dislike a certain someone, I'm not really breaking out the prayers beads or have trouble falling asleep. Pretty much indifferent.

People on the Internet always say outlandish shit that they wouldn't say in person.

Reck
04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't wish injuries on anybody, but I'm not going to lose sleep at night if it happens to an athlete I don't care for. If its something like an ankle sprain that keeps them out for a week or 2, i'm all for it. Helps my team. But when its this career altering shit, sure it bothers me a bit. I wasn't excited when Kobe tore his achilles, but i'm not going to suddenly act super respectful towards the jackass. yeah, im sorry he tore his achilles, and i'd prefer it was less severe. but im not going to cry myself to sleep that some guys going to make 30 million next year but will have some pain in the offseason

Wished I had refreshed the page before posting my own. +1 bro.

hater
04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
People on the Internet always say outlandish shit that they wouldn't say in person.

on the other hand some ppl might say people in the real world don't really say what they are truly thinking

ElNono
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't often post but when I do it's usually because I have something important to say. Now I don't want you to take this personal but your threads are terrible. Again I don't know who you are, what you do, etc but I certainly hope that your contribution to this website is not the culmination of your life.

DMC
04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Too bad Kobe didn't pop his spinal cord. Nothing would be better than seeing Kobe Hawking.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Do the anti-injury advocates feel as strongly about wishing injuries on scumbags like Kobe, Friend Killer, etc?..

benefactor
04-29-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't care how good you are at anything. I respect the level of skill, but ball players are people and breathe air and bleed just like I do. If you act like a faggot and treat people like shit then hell yes I'm going to be happy if you get injured...and I'll hope you stay injured because you don't deserve the talent you have been blessed with if you are going to act like a piece of shit all the time. I hope Westbrook has permanent issues and Kobe's leg gets infected and falls off. Fuck both of them.

FkLA
04-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Is the op a copy pasta or legit? I could understand feeling bad about an injury to a nice, humble star but both Kobe and Chimp are probably the two douchiest players in the league. Other than minor shit here or there Kobe was injury free basically his entire career. Im glad that asshole got what was coming to him tbh. Chimp should be fine I dont think its career threatening or anything...the only reason Im celebrating it is because it increases my Spurs chances this year. :flag:

whitemamba
04-29-2013, 06:52 PM

i feel the same exact way man :tu

Koolaid_Man
04-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Duncan goes down is all I wanne hear...nothing else

lefty
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
It was great to see Kobe on crutches

Karma is a bitch, that self-centered POS deserved it

whitemamba
04-29-2013, 07:31 PM
It was great to see Kobe on crutches

Karma is a bitch, that self-centered POS deserved it

is there a crutch up your ass?

Venti Quattro
04-29-2013, 08:01 PM
So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?

TDfan2007
04-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Do the anti-injury advocates feel as strongly about wishing injuries on scumbags like Kobe, Friend Killer, etc?..

There are far, far worse people in this world than Kobe Bryant. His only issues are narcissism and infidelity. The rest of his issues are more basketball-specific imo.

I wanted the Lakers at full strength, and I'm sure that the Spurs did too. As someone else mentioned, I won't lose sleep over their injuries, but it sucks when you can't play a team at full strength as a competitor. Even as far as fandom is concerned, I didn't even feel like talking shit after the Spurs swept the Lakers. It's just so much sweeter and more fun when both teams are at full strength.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
I used to think I felt that way. But why lie? I'm pleased by injuries on opposing teams, tbh.

I'm sure many people wish spurs players were injured. Their wishing for injury brings it no closer to reality, just as my wishing for injuries on their team does not.

Celebrating injuries is cathartic and also, ultimately, does nothing.

This tbh.

lefty
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
is there a crutch up your ass?
looks like you need one since you seem to be so butthurt

AaronY
04-29-2013, 09:05 PM
So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?
Saddest fucking story...a longwinded meltdown over ten fucking dollars. How poor is this person, Jesus..

Brazil
04-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I don't often post but when I do it's usually because I have something important to say. Now I don't want you to take this personal but your threads are terrible. Again I don't know who you are, what you do, etc but I certainly hope that your contribution to this website is not the culmination of your life.

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 09:19 PM
maybe he'll pull his other achillles because he's shifting weight on the opposite foot.

one could only hope.

only injuries i feel for are those guys who aren't drafted, sign for league minimum and work their asses off trying to make something out of themselves; then whenever they finally make strides, they are injured and cut with nothing to show. those are the guys i feel for.