PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: I'm proud of this season's Lakers

Thebesteva
04-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Scherm
Star Player
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_3.gif

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5292785#5292785)Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:40 pm Post subject: I'm proud of this season's Lakers

I've been a Laker fan since 1962. I've enjoyed every championship, lost sleep when they did poorly, and have basically lived and died with them for 50 years. So what to think of this year's Lakers?

The Lakers had a rough season, but I am proud of them. They did not turn on each other, but communicated and worked things out. They finished on a great roll before Kobe finally went down.

Dwight played hurt the entire season rather than pull a Derek Rose or even a Chauncey Billups and sit out until he was absolutely sure he was healthy. He also didn't make excuses.

Pau played through pain, concussions and the uncertainty of not knowing his role. He is a champion and a greater human being.

Kobe did everything he could to will them to win, even in the midst of all the injuries. He scored, he facilitated, he raged, he cracked jokes, he put the pressure on himself, and most of all he delivered until his Achilles betrayed him. He played inspired basketball.

Mike D’Antoni was himself injured, inherited a team in complete disarray after Mike Brown tried to implement the pathetic Princeton offense as a way to neutralize every Laker offensive option. D'Antoni learned what he had on the fly, unearthing talent like Earl Clark and adjusting his system to his players’ strengths – something you usually can only figure out during an extended training camp.

The fact that Nash, Howard, Jamison, Gasol, Artest, Meeks, World Peace, Blake and finally Kobe all were out for extended periods of time with some freak injuries does not reflect on their character. Just on the breaks of the game.

The Lakers have a lot of work to do to rebuild their roster, but their front office at least tries to build for a championship every year, unlike Cuban and others who are willing to tank to get under the salary cap, play for draft picks and whine about the bigger markets. Jim Buss and Mitch pulled off a miraculous rebuilding with the Chris Paul trade, only to have Stern veto it. Many people thought that could have set the franchise back 5 years. We'll see if they can reboot faster than that.

I don't blame Howard for his ejection. In round 1 Howard was hammered, clawed at, raked and shoved to the extreme and then called for fouls when he tried to get the Spurs off his back. Then given a quick T when he barked at the ref. I’d take him back if he wants to be here. He’ll attract other talent too, once Kobe is gone, because he is basically a positive person who is learning to take more responsibility for his team and toward the fans.

The Lakers remain a class organization. I will still take their past and their long-term future over any team in the league.

lefty
04-29-2013, 11:03 PM
:lmao at the bolded parts

midnightpulp
04-29-2013, 11:12 PM
:lol Finished on a great roll.

Playing your best player 48 minutes a game just to beat lottery teams by a single possession isn't finishing on a "great roll." Sadly for Lakers fans who aren't dumbfucks, D'Antoni apologists (the biggest one is the guy who happens to run the Lakers) will propagandize that 28-13 run to finish the season as "evidence" that D'Antoni was turning things around.

No he wasn't. Lakers were still playing shitty during that time, in constant dogfights with lottery teams helmed by black coaches.

Venti Quattro
04-29-2013, 11:13 PM
In no shortage of moral victories over at Lakersground.

LkrFan
04-29-2013, 11:16 PM
SMDH

irishock
04-29-2013, 11:20 PM
This guy joined in 2001, so he's probably speaking the truth. Not a troll

NRHector
04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
:cry

Cry Havoc
04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Most disappointing team in American sports history. Maybe anywhere.

:lol Lakers

xellos88330
04-29-2013, 11:53 PM
I just wish that I can come back to life like that guy. He must have died quite a few times.

The Reckoning
04-30-2013, 12:01 AM
:cry even the coach battled through injury :cry

Clipper Nation
04-30-2013, 12:02 AM
This guy is the Laker version of Baghdad Bob :lmao

hater
04-30-2013, 12:06 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o6xy345Z9IY/TyQssHbA4JI/AAAAAAAAAqw/k4iZ8DGsU9U/s1600/delusional.jpg

100%duncan
04-30-2013, 12:08 AM
What a faggot :lmao

Splits
04-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Damn, I gotta get CrackerJax into that thread...

Mal
04-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Troll with 12 years of service or simply delusional Lakers fan ? Tough one

Mal
04-30-2013, 01:05 AM
I missed part where Dwight was inspiring leader and Spurs series was rigged

Thebesteva
04-30-2013, 03:18 AM
In no shortage of moral victories over at Lakersground.

We won the Moral victory championship this year :'(

Latarian Milton
04-30-2013, 07:30 AM
just like dem mavs fans who're still proud of their beloved boys in blue :cry

hooperflash
04-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Getting to the playoffs was their championship.

tp2021
04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't blame Howard for his ejection. In round 1 Howard was hammered, clawed at, raked and shoved to the extreme and then called for fouls when he tried to get the Spurs off his back. Then given a quick T when he barked at the ref. I’d take him back if he wants to be here. He’ll attract other talent too, once Kobe is gone, because he is basically a positive person who is learning to take more responsibility for his team and toward the fans.

http://tinyurl.com/trollfacetim

Legacy
04-30-2013, 12:20 PM
:wow WOW ... just ... WOW ... :lmao

Monster1776
04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Dude is like 60 years old; he's senile, give the old geezer a break.