PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green on Jim Rome

Creation88
04-30-2013, 01:16 PM
my quick transcribe un-editted

How good is it to get thru 1st?
Never expect to get through a series in 4 games….time to get healthy

Was it weird to you?
Each game was different and weird in its way. Unique at the same time. See the lakers you think kobe, he was injured. You see the picks up and you expect them to be top in the league…lots of injuries. Surprised they even made the playoffs with the injuries they had. Hard to build chemistry with so many injuries. Different playing that team.

Calling for Spurs?
Everyone’s looking to play us esp if we’re not playing the best basketball. Everyone thinks they can get us for the 1 Memphis series. We learned a lesson…got more attention and focus. We’re taking on all challenges. We have to do what we have to do and take care of business.
Bad run
Combination of things. Tony being out and out of rhythm. Boris and Ginobili being in and out. Jax being out. McGrady coming in.

Reaction to SJAx
Very shocked. He had a history. They had a disagreement had to separate and go their separate ways. He was a great lockerroom guy. Fun guy to be around. Playoff time and pop wanted seriousness. Don’t know what took place and decided to part ways.

McGrady
We’ll see his impact. Getting back into game shape. Looks good going up and down in practice. Game shape is totally different. We’ll see how he does in a couple weeks from now. Looking for him to do some stuff for us defensively on the wing and give Kawhi a spell

his role
he knows and accepts it. Didn’t play outside of himself. Got people involved.
NCarolina anything you’ve gone through that prepared you for playoffs
Nah. Last year was the best preparation for me this year. You don’t really get that in college because it’s whoever is hot. Nothing you can do to get prepared for it. Last year was best for younger guys and get a better knowledge of what it was like

Adjustments
More consistent. Give team more outside shooting and defend. Limit other guys on other team. Develop his mental toughness which is important for him.

hooperflash
04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Jimmy is gay for us, damn! :lol

davidbowie
04-30-2013, 02:38 PM
when does this dude come on in san antonio now?

spurs1990
04-30-2013, 02:38 PM
IF you want to see hear the audio

http://jimrome.com/2013/04/30/danny-green-2/

dbestpro
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I always laugh when I see Green in a commerical about driving a car, when driving on the court is one of his poorest basketball skills.