PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 for 2nd Round is on Monday

MarHill
04-30-2013, 10:18 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN In fact, according to league, Game 1 is Monday. Time, opponent TBD

Also Mike Monroe is reporting this as well on Twitter.

Hopefully, they can get Splitter back by then.

:flag:

MarHill
04-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Monroe_SA Spurs will have to wait until Monday to start second round against winner of Nuggets-Warriors series that is now headed to Game 6

per Mike Monroe

DesignatedT
04-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Mike Monroe ‏@Monroe_SA 1m
after half a dozen emails and same number of texts it is official: NBA confirms Game 1 of Spurs-Nugs-Warriors series begins on Monday

Legacy
04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
There's already a thread here made for round 2's scheduling time(s).

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213293&page=2&p=6524706#post6524706

Budkin
04-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Great news!!!

Legacy
04-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Great news!!!

Danke, OP!

superjames1992
04-30-2013, 10:31 PM
We will bury them, regardless of he date and time.

jhfenton
04-30-2013, 10:33 PM
That's great. A full 7 days off. 9 days recovery for Tiago. And I hope the winner of the Denver-GS series is coming off a triple-overtime Game 7 track meet on Saturday.

crc21209
04-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Nice! Thanks for the update! :tu

exstatic
04-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Sux for them if it goes 7. They'd have to turn around from finishing on Saturday to tipping on Monday.

We've had worse, though. In 2006, we finished Sacto in game 6 late on the WC, about midnight here, and had to turn around for a noon Sunday tipoff against Dallas. Only 36 fucking hours and two time zones.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Sux for them if it goes 7. They'd have to turn around from finishing on Saturday to tipping on Monday.

We've had worse, though. In 2006, we finished Sacto in game 6 late on the WC, about midnight here, and had to turn around for a noon Sunday tipoff against Dallas. Only 36 fucking hours and two time zones.

We also had the Game 7 vs NO that we won and had to play LA the next night in the WCF in 08

TampaDude
04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
We also had the Game 7 vs NO that we won and had to play LA the next night in the WCF in 08

Yup...and Stern sabotaged our plane, too. :lol

Payback is sweet.

will_spurs
05-01-2013, 04:19 AM

That was the worst ever: win game 7 at midnight, sleep on plane, game 1 of WCF next day.

"But the Spurs never repeated"--no shit.

Bruno
05-01-2013, 08:00 AM
It would have been better for Spurs that the series start Saturday or Sunday which was possible with a Warriors win. Saying that, it would be lame to whine because the schedule isn't optimal for Spurs.

My educated guess for the full schedule of this series would be:
Game 1: Monday 6th
Game 2: Wednesday 8th
Game 3: Saturday 11th
Game 4: Monday 13th
Game 5: Wednesday 15th
Game 6: Friday 17th
Game 7: Sunday 19th

spurs1990
05-01-2013, 08:41 AM

Ya'll memories are pretty great. Don't recall either of those time frames but now I can imagine why they lost both series.

Secondly it makes me appreciate the breaks the Spurs are getting this postseason. It's all a wash in the end.

Spurish
05-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Well it kind of sucks for us if the Warriors win it in six now...they will get a healthy 4-day break, which in some ways, is better than having 8 days of rest where rustiness and lack of sharpness might hit us in game 1....I like a long rest but I feel they should've at least made Game1 on Sunday, I don't think team winning in 6 should have that many days off

Spurs 4 The Win
05-01-2013, 10:13 AM
That was the worst ever: win game 7 at midnight, sleep on plane, game 1 of WCF next day.

"But the Spurs never repeated"--no shit.

Exactly, the sad thing is we led Game 1 vs LA until the final minute and we just ran out of gas. So if we had not had to sleep on the plane.... there is a good chance we wouldve won that game and maybe the Game 4 debacle never happens... oh well

BillMc
05-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Exactly, the sad thing is we led Game 1 vs LA until the final minute and we just ran out of gas. So if we had not had to sleep on the plane.... there is a good chance we wouldve won that game and maybe the Game 4 debacle never happens... oh well

Yeah, I remember that collapse team was just exhausted. After that we Manu hobbling and the 'no call' Fisher foul on Bones....

Spurs7794
05-01-2013, 11:37 AM
We didn't play LA the night after game 7 against the Hornets. True it sucked that they had to sleep on the plane but they still had another day before the game.

cd98
05-01-2013, 12:28 PM
We didn't play LA the night after game 7 against the Hornets. True it sucked that they had to sleep on the plane but they still had another day before the game.

Your're right, but they had to travel on the day that they should have been at their destination already and having a practice and then resting.

Homeland Security
05-01-2013, 01:55 PM
So the Spurs will drop Game 1 on account of rust... the younger, fresher Warriors will then just carry on their momentum to the WCF...

spurraider21
05-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Well it kind of sucks for us if the Warriors win it in six now...they will get a healthy 4-day break, which in some ways, is better than having 8 days of rest where rustiness and lack of sharpness might hit us in game 1....I like a long rest but I feel they should've at least made Game1 on Sunday, I don't think team winning in 6 should have that many days off

So the Spurs will drop Game 1 on account of rust... the younger, fresher Warriors will then just carry on their momentum to the WCF...
Last year we swept the Jazz and the Clippers went to 7. I don't recall looking rusty against them. The spurs I think have proven to be rust-proof. Look at Manu against the Lakers

Homeland Security
05-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Last year we swept the Jazz and the Clippers went to 7. I don't recall looking rusty against them. The spurs I think have proven to be rust-proof. Look at Manu against the Lakers
Clippers were totally shot with a hobbled Chris Paul. Maybe Spurs fans can cross their fingers and hope Curry sprains an ankle.

will_spurs
05-01-2013, 02:20 PM

I remember this game a lot more than the .4 game, actually, and for me the true debacle was game 1. I was in New Zealand at the time, in a backpacker's hotel in Wellington, and I watched the game while taking my breakfast. I felt pretty confident about that game and the chances of the Spurs to advance, what with a 20-point lead in game 1. That really sucked, given the circumstances.

Sean Cagney
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Yeah I agree, we win that one if POP doesn't put in Udoka as well! Spurs were on fire though that night, they ran outta gas as you said from the longer series and the next day crap. Game 4 we could have won too, match that up and it's a 3-1 lead. We had a huge lead in game 5 as well, no doubt we could have won that series. Things just didn't go their way, oh well as you said.

spurraider21
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Clippers were totally shot with a hobbled Chris Paul. Maybe Spurs fans can cross their fingers and hope Curry sprains an ankle.
And the warriors are hobbled with no David lee and curry's ankle problems flaring up. And maybe as a fan you can grow a pair and realize we'd probably smash golden state in 5 games even if they were at 100% health

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 03:06 PM

Blue detected. It took the Spurs almost two full minutes to shake off the rust against the Lakers.

Homeland Security
05-01-2013, 03:08 PM
And the warriors are hobbled with no David lee and curry's ankle problems flaring up. And maybe as a fan you can grow a pair and realize we'd probably smash golden state in 5 games even if they were at 100% health
LOL your prayers for a Curry injury are being answered. Worstbrick is already out. Time to break out that Marc Gasol voodoo doll...

LOL Spurs only win during ---
A) shortened seasons (1999)
B) when every other good team is crippled by injuries (2003)
C) when Mike D'Antoni is coaching the other team good enough to win it all (2005, 2007)

Homeland Security
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Blue detected. It took the Spurs almost two full minutes to shake off the rust against the Lakers.
Lakers don't count... that was a D-League roster wearing Laker jerseys...

hater
05-01-2013, 03:28 PM
goddam this seems like the longest playoffs ever. We possibly could be by end of May and we'd still not even start the WCF :lmao

Homeland Security
05-01-2013, 03:35 PM
LOL your prayers for a Curry injury are being answered. Worstbrick is already out. Time to break out that Marc Gasol voodoo doll...

C) when Mike D'Antoni is coaching the other team good enough to win it all (2005, 2007)

Given that the Lakers were crippled by injuries AND coached by Mike D'Antoni the fact that the Spurs didn't win by an average of 40 points means they suck.

DesignatedT
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
goddam this seems like the longest playoffs ever. We possibly could be by end of May and we'd still not even start the WCF :lmao

Spurs - Thunder game 1 was May 28th last year.

spurraider21
05-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Sorry didnt realize you were a wizards fan

:lol wizards
:lol telling me about winning seasons

DontStopBelieving
05-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Sorry didnt realize you were a wizards fan

:lol wizards
:lol telling me about winning seasons

How are you bolded?

spurraider21
05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
How are you bolded?

a few reasons:
a) dumb luck tbh
b) not making a big deal about being bolded

DontStopBelieving
05-01-2013, 10:03 PM
a few reasons:
a) dumb luck tbh
b) not making a big deal about being bolded

Oh sorry. Usually only GNSF gets trolled that badly tbfh

spurraider21
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Oh sorry. Usually only GNSF gets trolled that badly tbfh

Yeah i'm literally the dumbest bolded guy around. i'm a gnsf at heart. tellin ya, just pure dumb luck. one morning i woke up bolded, and wasn't even sure why

Obstructed_View
05-02-2013, 02:32 AM
Lakers don't count... that was a D-League roster wearing Laker jerseys...

Okey doke.

PS: Plonk.