PDA

View Full Version : Crash of 747 caught on dashcam in Afghanistan (video)

Nbadan
05-01-2013, 01:24 AM
A National Air Cargo 747 flying for the US Mobility Command stalled and crashed soon after taking off Monday from Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. Seven crew members died in the crash, which was caught on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0IFhiG-ksd4

Family members mourn 6 from Michigan killed in plane crash in Afghanistan

Brad Hasler was married in a small ceremony about two weeks ago.

But his life came to a tragic end Monday when he and six other civilians, all but one of them from Michigan, were killed when a cargo plane crashed after taking off from Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan.

“He was just a great fun guy,” said neighbor and friend Krista Oetjens, 38. “He loved life. There was never a dull moment with him. I just can’t believe this happened. I’m in shock.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20130430/NEWS06/304300124/plane-crash-Afghanistan-national-airlines-Brad-Hasler-Jamie-Brokaw

This is a horrifying piece of video....so discretion is advised

Plane seems to stall and swing left...perhaps a sudden shift in the cargo?

baseline bum
05-01-2013, 01:44 AM
How did they find themselves going practically vertical? God that's an awful video; made me as sick as seeing the shot of the hot air balloon in Egypt.

Wild Cobra
05-01-2013, 02:16 AM
How did they find themselves going practically vertical? God that's an awful video; made me as sick as seeing the shot of the hot air balloon in Egypt.
My initial assumption is their cargo wasn't properly strapped down and went to the tail end of the plane as it was climbing.

symple19
05-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Holy shit

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Almost certainly a cargo loading issue. Fuck.

Wild Cobra
05-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Almost certainly a cargo loading issue. Fuck.
Yep.

I guess it's also possible that who ever loaded the cargo simply didn't balance it right. One of the guys I worked with in the military went to a cargo loading school. I like learning new things, so the conversation was interesting to me about what he learned.

Little margin for error.

Wild Cobra
05-01-2013, 06:46 AM
wXJ_MfAnjgQ

Woo Bum-kon
05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
I hope everybody is all right. :(