PDA

View Full Version : A small favour

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2013, 02:53 AM
If Denver can't pull the upset in game 6, then all I ask is that the Spurs send a message in the next round.

The Warriors are a bunch of cry babies who can't handle when so called 'cheap shots' are given back to them.

I wish Sjax was still on your team coz he may have been the one to snap after getting hit with a Warriors cheap shot.

Please own these fools quickly and send Curry home so he can finish grade school.

:flag:

spurs10
05-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Will do....I'm sure!:toast

szkorhetz
05-01-2013, 03:17 AM
If Denver can't pull the upset in game 6, then all I ask is that the Spurs send a message in the next round.

The Warriors are a bunch of cry babies who can't handle when so called 'cheap shots' are given back to them.

I wish Sjax was still on your team coz he may have been the one to snap after getting hit with a Warriors cheap shot.

Please own these fools quickly and send Curry home so he can finish grade school.

:flag:
You are simply the most classy person in Spurstalk, who is a fan of a nother team.
You would be a good Spurs fan, TBH.

jaffies
05-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Dude.
I can't promise anything. I'm not on the team.
Yet.

100%duncan
05-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Don't worry. :smokin

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Nuggets cheap shots are a sure sign they're getting it handed to them in the playoffs. Spurs fans are well aware of Denver's history of resorting to elbows when their playoff ticket is all but punched. Not sure how you're going to see any sympathy from those of us who remember that pattern.

foodie2
05-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Nuggets cheap shots are a sure sign they're getting it handed to them in the playoffs. Spurs fans are well aware of Denver's history of resorting to elbows when their playoff ticket is all but punched. Not sure how you're going to see any sympathy from those of us who remember that pattern.

This. I've been saying this since the start of this series. I got lulled into liking George Karl for a little while there and forgetting about the series where they set out to hurt the Spurs. I think the Spurs would end up being hurt if we played Denver.

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2013, 07:49 AM

Yeah but the spurs never bitched about it

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Yeah but the spurs never bitched about it

So that's enough for you to feel sorry for Denver? Please.

EVAY
05-01-2013, 09:01 AM
This. I've been saying this since the start of this series. I got lulled into liking George Karl for a little while there and forgetting about the series where they set out to hurt the Spurs. I think the Spurs would end up being hurt if we played Denver.

This 100%

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Turning it into a hockey game by Denver is yet another stupid tactic by George Karl. All the Nuggets need to do to win this series easily is to play their offense, don't completely lose track of shooters on defense, rebound the ball, and to not turn it over. If they do that, there's NO FUCKING WAY the Warriors get enough shot attempts to win the game. It's simple math.

The only reason the Warriors made it a game last night is because the Nuggets shot a lot of jump shots and put them on the line a lot. Now they've pissed off the other team, gotten the crowd in one of the meanest cities in the US going, and they have the refs on alert for anything they do that's borderline. All Golden State has to do to put this series away is shoot more free throws, and thanks to the bush-league tactics by their perennial loser head coach, that's pretty much a guarantee at this point.

Mark in Austin
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
George Karl did the same thing in the playoffs against Ginobili in 2005. Cheap shot after cheap shot. Luckily he managed to make it through the series without serious injury. Fuck George Karl.

dbestpro
05-01-2013, 02:13 PM
They've already spilled their whine in the Denver series. It won't work two series in a row.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 02:56 PM
The Spurs won't hit them. There's nothing to gain from it. The Spurs will win the rebounding battle, win the turnover battle, and win the free throw battle. Unless the Spurs shit the bed OKC style, it will take insane shooting by the Warriors to win a single game.

look_at_g_shred
05-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Spurs will hurt them not physically, but mentally.

hater
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
unfortunately we're too classy. :cry

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
unfortunately we're too classy. :cry

I don't even know that it's that. Up until this particular series, the "we need to knock someone on their ass" mentality that inevitably comes up is due to a lower seed team being overmatched and needing anything to give themselves a chance. George Karl has turned it around simply by not preparing his team for an opponent they should have walked over.

Note to the Nuggets: When you get your shit pushed in by a lower seed, it's not who you have to hit, it's what you're doing wrong.

hater
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't even know that it's that. Up until this particular series, the "we need to knock someone on their ass" mentality that inevitably comes up is due to a lower seed team being overmatched and needing anything to give themselves a chance. George Karl has turned it around simply by not preparing his team for an opponent they should have walked over.

Note to the Nuggets: When you get your shit pushed in by a lower seed, it's not who you have to hit, it's what you're doing wrong.

disagree. coming into the series GS and Nuggs were pretty evenly matched. Nuggets are just too young, have no 1 superstar, tend to chuck and are pretty bad defensively to be a decent playoff team. GS is more built for the playoffs (bigmen, defensive stoppers, near-superstar, discipline)

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 04:22 PM
disagree. coming into the series GS and Nuggs were pretty evenly matched.
Let's say that's true. Then David Lee got hurt.

Let's say it's true again: Denver had the best home court advantage in the league, and nearly lost games 1 and 2 at home because they couldn't be bothered to rebound, take care of the ball, or stay near that guy who's kind of a good outside shooter.

Nuggets are just too young, have no 1 superstar, tend to chuck and are pretty bad defensively to be a decent playoff team. GS is more built for the playoffs (bigmen, defensive stoppers, near-superstar, discipline)
Translation: George Karl is a shitty coach of a stupid team. I agree.

hater
05-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Let's say that's true. Then David Lee got hurt.

Let's say it's true again: Denver had the best home court advantage in the league, and nearly lost games 1 and 2 at home because they couldn't be bothered to rebound, take care of the ball, or stay near that guy who's kind of a good outside shooter.

Translation: George Karl is a shitty coach of a stupid team. I agree.

not at all. Karl >>> Mark Jackson IMO

and don't forget Gallinari was hurt too and their starting PG coming off injury not to mention Manimal, their best bigman is playing injured. No way in hell Denver was the favorite in this series and no way in hell they could have "walked over" their opponent IMO

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 05:03 PM
No way in hell Denver was the favorite in this series

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/matchup/_/teams/nuggets-warriors

See "Expert Picks" on the right hand side.

Denver finished the regular season 8-1 with the lone loss in overtime to the desperate Mavericks. The Warriors finished 3-3, including a win against a Spurs team without Manu, Parker, Duncan and Leonard.

Denver's bigger, but they got outrebounded. Denver's got the most dominant home-court advantage in the league, but needed a monster game and a last second shot from the corpse of Andre Miller just to avoid being swept. Last night, they suddenly stop allowing second and third shots and stop leaving guys wide open and they dominate. Then the fourth quarter comes along, they start jacking up jumpers, scrambling on defense and turning over the ball and it's a five point game.

hater
05-01-2013, 05:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/matchup/_/teams/nuggets-warriors

See "Expert Picks" on the right hand side.

Denver finished the regular season 8-1 with the lone loss in overtime to the desperate Mavericks. The Warriors finished 3-3, including a win against a Spurs team without Manu, Parker, Duncan and Leonard.

Denver's bigger, but they got outrebounded. Denver's got the most dominant home-court advantage in the league, but needed a monster game and a last second shot from the corpse of Andre Miller just to avoid being swept. Last night, they suddenly stop allowing second and third shots and stop leaving guys wide open and they dominate. Then the fourth quarter comes along, they start jacking up jumpers, scrambling on defense and turning over the ball and it's a five point game.

you seriously using ESPN to proove your argument? especially when a majority of them picked a tough 6/7 game series? :lol

How does that prove "Denver should have walked over GS"

btw, regular season don't mean shit. Spurs finished regular season around 50%

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
you seriously using ESPN to proove your argument? especially when a majority of them picked a tough 6/7 game series? :lol
Glossing over the fact that you insult me for using ESPN to prove my argument, and then use the exact same ESPN link to attempt to prove your argument, every single one of those guys picked Denver because nobody thought Golden State could win a game in Denver. They won one, barely lost one, and almost came back to win the third.

How does that prove "Denver should have walked over GS"
Seriously, dude, how many ways does "best home record in the NBA" need to be explained to you? How many times does 3 seed vs 6 seed need to be explained to you?

btw, regular season don't mean shit. Spurs finished regular season around 50%
The Spurs were resting players because they locked up the two seed more than a week before the season was up. Denver and Golden State were still playing for playoff position on the last day of the season.

Oh by the way.

Karl >>> Mark Jackson
:lmao :lmao

hater
05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Glossing over the fact that you insult me for using ESPN to prove my argument, and then use the exact same ESPN link to attempt to prove your argument, every single one of those guys picked Denver because nobody thought Golden State could win a game in Denver. They won one, barely lost one, and almost came back to win the third.

just pointing out even if using ESPN was valid, using the 6/7 game predictions to prove that Nuggets should "walk over" Warriors was pretty laughable :lol

Seriously, dude, how many ways does "best home record in the NBA" need to be explained to you? How many times does 3 seed vs 6 seed need to be explained to you?

no need. It was a pretty even series. Neither team should have "walked over" the other. That has been proven already.

The Spurs were resting players because they locked up the two seed more than a week before the season was up. Denver and Golden State were still playing for playoff position on the last day of the season.

Spurs were playing 50% long before locking up 2nd seed. :rolleyes

Karl is a better coach than Jackson IMO. But if you rather side with a wife cheating fake preacher that "has inside information that they want to hurt my star player :cry :cry :cry"

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
just pointing out even if using ESPN was valid, using the 6/7 game predictions to prove that Nuggets should "walk over" Warriors was pretty laughable :lol

Other than the fact that nobody picked Golden State to win, despite the loss of Gallo and Faried being dinged up. Nobody thought Denver would lose, not even the guy who picked the Lakers to beat the Spurs, and nobody thought Denver would barely avoid being swept. Not sure how you aren't understanding this, but then you think cheating on your wife has something to do with your ability as a coach.

Proxy
05-01-2013, 07:19 PM
3-6 seed was pretty close and Gallinari, Lee, and Bogut change things. Maybe the Spurs were coasting, but it's doubtful considering the way TD was playing. Considering this is Jackson's first year as a coach, I would put Karl above him for sure.

hater
05-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Other than the fact that nobody picked Golden State to win, despite the loss of Gallo and Faried being dinged up. Nobody thought Denver would lose, not even the guy who picked the Lakers to beat the Spurs, and nobody thought Denver would barely avoid being swept. Not sure how you aren't understanding this, but then you think cheating on your wife has something to do with your ability as a coach.

pushing a series to 6 or 7 game does not equal "barely avoiding getting swept" Most of those are 6/7 game predictions.

Legacy
05-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I didn't believe that Denver would win this series, and I am being honest. I even joked about it with the OP in another thread about Curry draining 3's all night long on them. I could be wrong, though, you never know... but I remember. I was not joking with him when I said what I said about Curry, and I am not being cocky when I say this, either.

hater
05-01-2013, 07:45 PM
btw this here is this "great" coach mark jackson earlier in the season saying how he would guard Curry "I'm old school, I gotta knock him down. I gotta hit him..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se-QZhO9d94

:lmao

ThaBigFundamental21
05-01-2013, 11:30 PM
I remember the Nuggets coming after Manu. For some reason to this day Nuggets fans despise the Spurs, especially Manu. Even Timmy. I was at that playoff series in Denver.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2013, 02:34 AM
pushing a series to 6 or 7 game does not equal "barely avoiding getting swept"

No, but being a last-second layup away from losing four in a row is. Try to keep up.

hater
05-02-2013, 02:59 AM
[
No, but being a last-second layup away from losing four in a row is. Try to keep up.

Near wins or near walk overs dont exist in the real world. :rolleyes. Wake up. 2 even teams going into the series. 2 even teams fighting it out in game 6. Facts speak for themselves