PDA

View Full Version : ***Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB EVER?***

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Has he already proven he is the best running quarter back of all time?

Not in terms of the best winner, but hte best running quarterback, with the biggest effect on a game?

word
07-09-2005, 11:29 PM
No, but he will before it's all over.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 11:31 PM
No.

who do u think is then

word
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Well this is what I think about VY.

If Texas can actually protect Vince to let him throw the ball, we'll see what kind of passer he is. I don't think his passing game is THAT bad but he certainly needs to improve to be a QB in the NFL. He's a running QB thusfar, because he's HAD to be. Now, given that, Vick was a good running QB, ELWAY was a good running QB but only ran, of course, when he had to. Culpepper is a good running QB.

You may be right about him in college, I'd have to look at the stats, but in the Pros, you don't call plays where your QB runs the ball so that remains to be seen. In the Pros a QB's main job is tossing the rock and that's where we have to see if VY can develope.

Like I said, he's not awful as far as college. He'd get eaten alive in the pros', as did Manning his first few years.

word
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I'll add the one thing in the 'head of Vince Young' is he gives up too early to let a play develope and let his recievers get open because he knows....'well fuck, I can just run and get SOME yards, so his running skill becomes detrimental to his learning to be a throwing QB. This is where he has to learn to have patience. I think Quan is gonna be the real deal and will help VY immensely.(sp)

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:00 AM
I think VY will get drafted as a QB in the NFL.
Remember, this is only his JR yr & he has plenty of time to improve on his passing.
He will be a 1st round pick in the NFL. I'm not guaranteeing he is a top 5 or 10 pick but 1st round. Of course something like an injury could change that for VY like it could for most players.
This yr's O-line is the best yet that he'll play behind & even though it will be a RB by committee UT will get plenty of rushing yards.

word
07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Agreed. I think, hope, that Vince stays his senior year. Everyone yaps about VY's passing game but forget he's just a junior this year. I think his passing game will improve on an 'as needed basis'. I think Quan Cosby is gonna be a force to contend with and will ultimately be a better reciever than Williams. That dude is the real deal and is going to help Vince.

I still look for Texas to be a running team. I'd bet by years end they've run more reverse plays than any college team in history. If you look at the numbers, Ramonce Taylor ain't no slouch.

Things are looking good this year. OU won't be a prob. OSU is our game this year. That and aTm. aTm is gonna be a contendor this year. They have Vince Youngs twin brother seperated at birth. Tech is gonna be a good team this year as well.

It's gonna be a great year for Texas football. I can't wait....

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, OSU @ night in the horseshoe will be awesome. I will be at that game.
A couple of buds & I are prob going to have to buy South Stand tkts for apprx $300 each. The prices so far from brokers is horrible!

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:16 AM
$335 - Airfare RT
$100 - Hotel
$300 - Game tkt
$250 - Spending money (includes Fri & Sat night in Columbus)

I don't want to spend more than $1K on this trip. Will be close.

word
07-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Lucky Bastage !!!

That game there is gonna crank up the heat in college football QUICK.

Week 2. Usually that early teams are playing sure wins...

I give both schools props for having BIG NUTS to even schedule that. Then, next year, same thing...week two at DKR...OSU.

God I love college football. Easily the greatest of them all.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:44 AM
not only that, but vince young is perhaps the greatest living american.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:47 AM
$335 - Airfare RT
$100 - Hotel
$300 - Game tkt
$250 - Spending money (includes Fri & Sat night in Columbus)

I don't want to spend more than $1K on this trip. Will be close.

PRICELESS - poor loser texas fan blowing his monthly paycheck and a weekend travelling to ohio to watch texas lose.

word
07-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Another Senseless Sooner Post ...

Soon to be followed by ....Another Angry Sooner Post...

'Waterboy White' was the greatest EVER...'

Man that beatdown really STANG didn't it ?

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 09:31 AM
PRICELESS - poor loser texas fan blowing his monthly paycheck and a weekend travelling to ohio to watch texas lose.

The trip will be priceless..If you got off your ass & had a job you'd be able to afford the trip too! :lol

I bet the transgendered poster using the IGNORANT PUSSY name won't name the college team they're a fan of..Only stand on the sidelines watch men discuss sports.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Man that beatdown really STANG didn't it ?

Was it 55-19?

I actually wanted to watch the Rose & Orange bowls again so I just ordered them on DVD last night.

word
07-10-2005, 10:03 AM
I and everyone else stopped watching in the second quarter....so...who knows...I'll assume that's right. Then of course, when they touted themselves as the best college football team EVER.....and they did....things didn't work out against LSU.

Jason Waterboy White, the biggest joke of a Heisman winner since that dude at Miami.

God almighty... to think...Jason White and Gino Torretta own a Heisman. WOW !!!

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Was it 55-19?

I actually wanted to watch the Rose & Orange bowls again so I just ordered them on DVD last night.

So, Texas fan is down to propping up OTHER schools for delivering the beat down that the Longhorns can't????? I'm not sure that USC smacking OU is much for UT fan to be jumping up and down about.

As for Vince Young, I think there's a great deal of local hype at play here. If Vince Young was the QB at, say, the University of Washington, I'd be very surprised if anyone here was spending time debating whether he was the greatest running QB ever.

He's certainly not even the most successful running QB in college history. Tony Rice was a running QB at Notre Dame in 1988, and he won a national championship. Mike Vick is, in my opinion, far, far more explosive as a runner than Vince Young, and Vick lead his team to a national championship game as a sophomore.

I realize this isn't about who's most successful, but I'd pick Vick over Young every day, mostly because when Vick was at VT, teams had to gameplan only for him, essentially, and he still abused some really good defenses. We've never seen what Young can do without a top-flight RB (a top-5 pick quality). If he tears apart good defenses without Benson, we can talk. Until then, Vince Young is a QB who had one really nice bowl game.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 10:48 AM
So, Texas fan is down to propping up OTHER schools for delivering the beat down that the Longhorns can't????? I'm not sure that USC smacking OU is much for UT fan to be jumping up and down about.

I see you didn't dare mention what team you favor. A mistake or just another female talking out her ass waving her pompoms? Step to the plate Mr Mouth, who is your team?

Anyone that knows anything about college football knows USC doesn't need props. Merely stating a fact & that pisses people off? Too bad so sad.

Maybe you should read the posts again, I didn't see anyone say VY IS better than Vick. So AGAIN, stop waving the the pompoms.

VY will have better success than your boy Rice in the Pros GUARANTEED.

scott
07-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Maybe you should read the posts again, I didn't see anyone say VY IS better than Vick. So AGAIN, stop waving the the pompoms.

The title of this thread is "Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB Ever?" To be the greatest running QB ever would inherently involve being better than other past running QBs. FWD stated why he think's Vick isn't, and who he thinks is. You must read at about a 4th grade level.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:07 AM
The title of this thread is "Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB Ever?" To be the greatest running QB ever would inherently involve being better than other past running QBs. FWD stated why he think's Vick isn't, and who he thinks is. You must read at about a 4th grade level.

You're a bigger idiot than anyone I've seen lately on this board.
WHO RIGHT NOW is Better than Vick @ this subject?
RIGHT NOW there isn't a better running QB than Vick. PERIOD, so don't say Jason "scott's Lover" White or any other ouSELESS QB son.
Stick to putting your shit on your namesake..Your parents think shit of you & so do we. :lol

scott
07-10-2005, 11:18 AM
***Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB EVER?***

You must read at about a 4th grade level.

You're a bigger idiot than anyone I've seen lately on this board.
WHO RIGHT NOW is Better than Vick @ this subject?
RIGHT NOW there isn't a better running QB than Vick. PERIOD, so don't say Jason "scott's Lover" White or any other ouSELESS QB son.
Stick to putting your shit on your namesake..Your parents think shit of you & so do we.

You just proved my point... thanks.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I see you didn't dare mention what team you favor. A mistake or just another female talking out her ass waving her pompoms? Step to the plate Mr Mouth, who is your team?

What difference does it make what team I support. My point is that Longhorn fan tried to blast OU fan for the Sooners huge bowl loss, while conveniently forgetting that: (1) UT didn't deliver that beat-down; and (2) that OU has consistently beaten down UT in the Stoops/Brown era.

If you can explain to me why the direction of my support makes any difference in the context of this discussion, I'll consider offering up that information. But I'll warn you -- my ardent support goes to the Division I team that I actually PLAYED for, but I doubt you'll find my answer to be very satisfying.

timvp
07-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Vince Young, or Black Jesus as he's known around these parts, throws like a girl. Given that, it's tough to be considered the best quarterback of any kind.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 11:26 AM
You just proved my point... thanks.

:tu

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:32 AM
If you can explain to me why the direction of my support makes any difference in the context of this discussion, I'll consider offering up that information. But I'll warn you -- my ardent support goes to the Division I team that I actually PLAYED for, but I doubt you'll find my answer to be very satisfying.

The difference? A bitch is a bitch, you just proved my point.
You weren't proud of who you were then or now. Played for my ass!

My point is there is always a shitty opinion & a lame ass excuse behind it.

word
07-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Sooner fans uneti !!!

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Now I guess there is someone who is looking up a team's roster & picking a name out of that year's class so they can say, "I played for them & I am ashamed to name them but I gave my opinion."

Like it matters.

Throws like a girl & runs like a deer, enough to win the Rose Bowl huh?
So, a fast girl beat Mich then?
Such insight.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 11:35 AM

Interesting logic. I ask you to explain why my loyalties matter, and you "explain" by asking my question right back to me. Well, I'll say this -- I'm not the one around here who's giving USC props for doing my team's dirty work.

My team doesn't have a dog in this fight. That's why it's not relevant.

I did play for my school, but I assure you, it wasn't for your ass.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:36 AM
:lol Your shame astounds me. NOT!

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 11:36 AM
:lol Your shame astounds me. NOT!

and your ignorance me.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm not the one around here who's giving USC props

Anyone that can't admit USC was the best team the last 2 yrs has serious issues.
I can admit that.
But I've been a UT fan & attended games longer than you've known how to spell son.

That is common sense..I guess you were an athlete & NOT a STUDENT athlete if that isn't obvious.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I just find it amazing that this has turned into a "USC did our dirty work" thread and a "What school do you support" thread, and there's no real discussion of why Vince Young is a better running QB than any of the following guys:

- Mike Vick

- Tony Rice (oh, yeah, we said that VY would be better in the pros -- obviously, since VY isn't a pro yet, that must prove that he is a better running QB than Rice ever was)

- Jamielle Holloway

- Tommie Frazier

- Eric Crouch

- Turner Gill

- Dee Dowis

just to name a few collegiate guys who could run it without really being passing threats.

And we haven't even begun to consider the quarterbacks who actually bother to throw and run, and who could dominate games -- guys like Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, John Elway, Roger Staubach, and Charlie Ward, just to name a few.

Let's stay on topic.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Anyone that can't admit USC was the best team the last 2 yrs has serious issues.
I can admit that.
But I've been a UT fan & attended games longer than you've known how to spell son.

That is common sense..I guess you were an athlete & NOT a STUDENT athlete if that isn't obvious.

I have never questioned whether USC was the best team in the last two years or not. My point has nothing to do with the quality of USC's football team. It has everything to do with the disingenuousness of ripping OU for losing badly to USC, when the team that you support hasn't beaten OU in how many years?

When I was a student-athlete, they taught me that an opinion would be better respected if it had at least a modicum of support in logic. I guess that lesson hasn't reached your section at DKR Memorial Stadium yet.

Congratulations, though, on your long term loyalty to the UT program; it's good that you maintain your support.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:53 AM
my ardent support goes to the Division I team that I actually PLAYED for

Ardent - warm or intense, passionate, zealous, radiant

Seems as though ardent isn't what it used to be.
I find it amazing this has turned into a "I talk shit but when I called on it I curl up" thread.

Now let us clarify, I take the running QB title to mean pros & college & not the 2 different. Correct?

Yes, let's stay on topic.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:58 AM
ALL the players you've mentioned are older than VY.
It should be noted that VY is a JR to be & I STATE NOW FOR ALL TO SEE that he will be better than all except Vick.
I also want to ask, when we say running QB we should take into account the offense each team ran. Some teams run or ran an O designed for someone who couldn't pass & was an athlete who played the QB position but wasn't a QB per se.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Ardent - warm or intense, passionate, zealous, radiant

Seems as though ardent isn't what it used to be.
I find it amazing this has turned into a "I talk shit but when I called on it I curl up" thread.

Interesting job of deflecting yourself from the very question that you created by running behind USC.

I do ardently support my team; but the identity of my team has no relevance to this discussion, unless you REALLY want to start talking about Ivy League football.

Now let us clarify, I take the running QB title to mean pros & college & not the 2 different. Correct?

Sure enough. But there's a dearth of great running QB's in NFL history, in the sense that this thread presents. In fact, I can't think of more than maybe 1 or 2 guys in the history of the NFL that could run, but couldn't throw it at least passably, from a mechanical standpoint. Hence, the topic is almost, as a matter of circumstance, limited to collegiate QB.

Yes, let's stay on topic.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:07 PM
ALL the players you've mentioned are older than VY.

What the hell difference does that make -- the question was whether VY is the greatest running QB of ALL-TIME. Unless there's some different definintion of ALL-TIME that prevails in your section at DKR Memorial Stadium, ALL-TIME is generally accepted to mean all who came before and all who are currently in existence. Thus, those who are older than VY would be part of the "Greatest Running QB EVER" discussion that this thread asked for.

It should be noted that VY is a JR to be & I STATE NOW FOR ALL TO SEE that he will be better than all except Vick.

Better than Elway? Staubach? McNabb? Culpepper? Flutie?

I think, if he remains a QB, he'll be fortunate if he has a career like Kordell Stewart's.

I also want to ask, when we say running QB we should take into account the offense each team ran. Some teams run or ran an O designed for someone who couldn't pass & was an athlete who played the QB position but wasn't a QB per se.

So what? The question in this thread is "Is Vince Young the Greatest Running QB Ever?" It's not whether Vince Young is the Greatest Running QB among guys that Mr. Dio considers to be actual quarterbacks. If you want to have that discussion, I'd suggest that you start a new thread.

Frankly, I don't think Longhorn fan has started enough Vince Young threads in this forum.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Interesting job of deflecting yourself from the very question that you created by running behind USC.

You obviously don't want to stay on subject so I won't.

I do ardently support my team; but the identity of my team..blah blah blah

Then name them clown! Football is football.
Or, get back on subject.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:10 PM
You obviously don't want to stay on subject so I won't.

I've tried to -- you're the one whose so adamant about knowing who my team is, without any explanation for your own hypocrisy. That's fine.

Then name them clown!

Again, do you really want to talk Ivy League football, Mr. Football?

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Your shame is your drama..You should stick to it because football is king in Texas.
Not just a specific league, pro, college, high school.

You won't step up that is fine.
You should stick to Ivy League threads or start you own for yourself.
You know very little of UT or Texas, Pro football.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Your shame is your drama..You should stick to it because football is king in Texas.
Not just a specific league, pro, college, high school.

You won't step up that is fine.
You should stick to Ivy League threads or start you own for yourself.
You know very little of UT or Texas, Pro football.

You still can't answer any of the questions at hand, can you?

If it burns you so badly -- if it will encourage you to discuss the topic at hand instead of jumping on me, which I doubt -- I'll tell you that I played football at Columbia University in the early 1990's.

And by the way, I know plenty about Texas football -- I played my high school football in San Antonio. Two of my teammates played at UT. One is a star in the NFL.

This thread isn't about Texas football, though -- it's aout whether Vince Young is the greatest running quarterback ever.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:46 PM
The trip will be priceless..If you got off your ass & had a job you'd be able to afford the trip too! :lol

oh, i can afford a few trips to ohio, if i wanted to. but i dont spend my time following the team of a school i didnt go to.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:48 PM

yes, you have plenty of those.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:48 PM
oh, i can afford a few trips to ohio, if i wanted to. but i dont spend my time following the team of a school i didnt go to.

You know nothing of being a fan then.
You should be a Mavs fan or something. All show & no go.
You can't afford jack shit, not that being poor is wrong..But being a Dumbass Pussy is wrong..Too bad so sad.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:49 PM
I can admit that.

...and you were neither a student nor an athlete so shut the fuck up.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:51 PM
...and you were neither a student nor an athlete so shut the fuck up.

Don't recall that you had to do that to be a F-A-N!
So to support Indiana/Celtic basketball you had to live in that city/state or go to that school? You are a M_O_R_O_N!
STFU dumbass Pussy.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:52 PM
You know nothing of being a fan then.
You should be a Mavs fan or something. All show & no go.
You can't afford jack shit, not that being poor is wrong..But being a Dumbass Pussy is wrong..Too bad so sad.

oh i can afford plenty. what funny is how much you think you are hot shit while you run around flashing your faggity hook em sign and posing as an alumnus of that university.

im starting to gain more respect for texas because its apparent that their idiot asshole fans were never educated there to begin with.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Don't recall that you had to do that to be a F-A-N!

And my hypothesis proves true.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:53 PM
im starting to gain more respect for texas because its apparent that their idiot asshole fans were never educated there to begin with.

nice.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey, FWD & Ignorant Pussy are posting together!

How cute!
I feel honored that 2 pussies would have to try & double team me!

These 2 pussies won't name what team they favor though. THAT is guaranteed.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:58 PM

How cute!

These 2 pussies won't name what team they favor though. THAT is guaranteed.

And you just keep ignorning the fact that OU has the pink slips on UT. Classic argument strategy -- when you have nothing to say about the topic at hand, avoid it by focusing on something completely irrelevant!!

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 01:00 PM
youre posting with us too i guess you are a "pussy" as well.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey Girls!
Nice to see You 2 TOGETHER again! What a suprise, I wouldn't have known you too were on the down-low. Or R U 2 out yet?

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Mr. Dio, that has to be about the freshest smack ever!!! Props to you, brother.

Totally on topic about Vince Young, too.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh no!
FWD is pissed! What will do I do? Oh no!

Get on topic girls, and no, that isn't a man named Topic.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Get on topic girls, and no, that isn't a man named Topic.

We're just following your incredible example, Mr. Dio. You are truly an inspiration. Because of you, I've decided to disavow the schools that awarded me my B.A., my M.A., and my J.D. to front run with a local school.

I actually called UT, pulled a bunch of strings, and managed to get seats right next to yours. I can't wait for the season to start, buddy!!!!

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 01:17 PM

How cute!

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh great!
An Ambulance Chaser! I'm impressed.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 01:20 PM
did you attend a law school?

scott
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
better question for Mr Dio...

did you attend a middle school?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2005, 02:00 PM
this thread has been hijacked but someone on page 1 stupidly said "they had gameplans designed tostop michael vick"

well that guy is stupid because they even interviewed michigan coaches and sooner coaches before each respective game last season and all they talked about was their plan to stop VY.......

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 04:33 PM
did you attend a law school?

And your law & medical degrees are from which school again Ignorant "speak from the ass" Pussy?
EXACTLY! So STFU.

this thread has been hijacked but someone on page 1 stupidly said "they had gameplans designed tostop michael vick"

I concur, but that person would never step up & admit it.
People like that person hijack threads because their argument holds no water.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 04:56 PM
damn, you might just be the worst poster in this forum.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 05:10 PM
damn, you might just be the worst poster in this forum.

No, you have that hands down PUSSY.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
perhaps the worst for you. understandable.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm sure we all hold your posts in high regard. :rolleyes
We bow down before you. :lmao

mookie2001
07-10-2005, 07:00 PM
theres no question
it used to be in my signature and no one ever disputed me
vick is the only legit arguement
vince is faster, harder to tackle, stronger and bigger
look at the stats
vick never had the tds or yds

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:13 PM
theres no question
it used to be in my signature and no one ever disputed me
vick is the only legit arguement
vince is faster, harder to tackle, stronger and bigger
look at the stats
vick never had the tds or yds

Don't say that too loud or Ignorant Pussy or his boyfriend will try & post this, that or the other thing about how that isn't true by changing the thread topic.
They are true clASSy girls.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:21 PM
um, ok. that was creative...for a 5 year old.

mookie2001
07-10-2005, 07:26 PM
well if youre going to diss texas and have no team of your own, or legit takes on football stay out of horn threads
otherwise you do kind of seem like an ass

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:29 PM
talk to your fellow "hornfans" about it before you lecture me. perhaps if assclown didn't decide to run his mouth so much might this forum be a little more friendly to texas.

figure it out.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Ignorant Pussy won't man-up & admit his love for aNm or ou.

A bitch is a bitch.
And that what she be.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I feel another weak ass comment coming on, please be a man & get hard PUSSY!

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:49 PM
"takes one to know one". there, i posted something on your level. maybe you can understand that.

anyways, "Mr. Dio" only confirms what i have seen firsthand as well as what i have heard from texas fans who actually managed to get into the university. they hate it when people who didn't go to the school act like idiots and give them a bad rep. and they know that texas seems to attract a rather disproportionate share of idiot wannabe longhorns like Mr. Dio.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:51 PM
All those people you speak of were proably your ex-boyfriends or some of your sorority sisters.
I follow UT sports more than 1/2 the students.

You claim no team because no one woud ever dare claim you.
Sucks being a bastard huh?

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:53 PM
All those people you speak of were proably your ex-boyfriends or some of your sorority sisters.

no boyfriends and yes, i've spoken to some sorority sisters. if you want to know what's it like talking to one i can tell you.

I follow UT sports more than 1/2 the students.

congrats on your accomplishment.

You claim no team because no one woud ever dare claim you.
Sucks being a bastard huh?

actually, i could claim texas if i wanted to, seeing as how i actually went there and got a diploma instead of a ticket stub.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Ohh poor PUSSY, still won't claim a team huh?

Why are you afraid to admit being an ou or ag fan? Nothing wrong with stepping on the ground..It is a pity when you ride a fence like a sorority queen though.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Ha!!!!!

Obviously a UT student-athlete stole your boyfriend or you were the lowest form of dirt @ UT & never got noticed.

Sucks to be you. :lol

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Well lame PUSSY, I'll be back tomorrow & get you thong up your butt even higher, OK?

Sorry no one liked you in Austin.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Ha!!!!!

Obviously a UT student-athlete stole your boyfriend or you were the lowest form of dirt @ UT & never got noticed.

Sucks to be you. :lol

hmmm, i got a degree from a top 20 masters program there and now make more in a year than your lame ass could make in a lifetime.

my girlfriend has a law degree from there and is joining an internationally recognized law firm.

but, i know, you have the ticket stubs.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 08:01 PM
my girlfriend has a law degree from there

I don't hate lesbains girl!
I admire you all.
Make more than me & I can still toy with you get you this upset? :lol
Your firm/business must suck in your dept. Sorry 'bout that.

mookie2001
07-10-2005, 08:14 PM
i dont go to ut and probably never will
but im from TEXAS
and lived in AUSTIN for three years
some people go to ut and dont know shit about the teams
i dont and know a lot
whatever if that makes me a loser then fine

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2005, 09:01 PM
can someone get some hardcore facts as to michael vicks 40 time and vince youngs 40 time????

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Make more than me & I can still toy with you get you this upset? :lol

actually you bemuse me more than anything else. given how stupid your writings in this forum are, i'd say it's you who has the problem controlling their emotions.

Your firm/business must suck in your dept. Sorry 'bout that.

not really. try again.

Mr Dio
07-11-2005, 08:36 AM
actually you bemuse me more than anything else. given how stupid your writings in this forum are, i'd say it's you who has the problem controlling their emotions.

Poor PUSSY, still upset?
Look girl, I'm a fan & there is nothing you 10 degrees or $1 million salary can do about it. Kinda sting?
You obviously are NOT a fan of UT football & possibly upset that maybe the team ran a train on your girl or something. I honestly don't know but you are an IDIOT trying to talk football to you is pointless.

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Poor PUSSY, still upset?
Look girl, I'm a fan & there is nothing you 10 degrees or $1 million salary can do about it. Kinda sting?

not really.

You obviously are NOT a fan of UT football & possibly upset that maybe the team ran a train on your girl or something. I honestly don't know but you are an IDIOT trying to talk football to you is pointless.

the "idiot" title befits you much more so, as evidenced by your posts in this forum.

Louae
07-11-2005, 09:50 AM

Nope, just a poor sheep that's been duped into thinking Mack Brown's pretender is a contender. I love UT Football, but I hate fellow Longhorn fans that toot their own horn and bag on fans from other teams when we haven't won anything. Shit, we haven't even had the chance to play for a national championship much less win a conference championship.

As long as Greg Davis is coordinator of this offense. Vince Young will never reach his full potential as a college quarterback. Fuck, Vincanity couldn't even run wild when he was a freshman at season's start b/c Greg Davis wanted Chance Mock to run his playbook. Anybody with half a brain could see that half a playbook with VY running was more explosive than with Mock and all the playbook. But Greg obviously needed to burn the first portion of the season to see it himself. this type of stupidity is gonna be our downfall. Greg Davis at his best. And Greg Davis is protected by Mack Brown which pisses me off.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Nope, just a poor sheep that's been duped into thinking Mack Brown's pretender is a contender. I love UT Football, but I hate fellow Longhorn fans that toot their own horn and bag on fans from other teams when we haven't won anything. Shit, we haven't even had the chance to play for a national championship much less win a conference championship.

As long as Greg Davis is coordinator of this offense. Vince Young will never reach his full potential as a college quarterback. Fuck, Vincanity couldn't even run wild when he was a freshman at season's start b/c Greg Davis wanted Chance Mock to run his playbook. Anybody with half a brain could see that half a playbook with VY running was more explosive than with Mock and all the playbook. But Greg obviously needed to burn the first portion of the season to see it himself. this type of stupidity is gonna be our downfall. Greg Davis at his best. And Greg Davis is protected by Mack Brown which pisses me off.

i agree greg davis is a worthless fool

remember when he called a quarterback option when it was like 3rd and 13 against arkansas at home a couple years ago?????

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 10:36 AM

well that guy is stupid because they even interviewed michigan coaches and sooner coaches before each respective game last season and all they talked about was their plan to stop VY.......

Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that when Mike Vick was a sophomore, facing defenses geared to stop him and only him -- remember, Cedric Benson didn't play in Vick's backfield -- his team played for the National Championship.

Meanwhile, in Vince Young's sophomore season, his team didn't beat OU, and played for a consolation prize.

In other words, the two players each faced defenses geared to stopping them, and one, Vick, managed to get his team into the National Championship game despite less-than-stellar talent around him; the other, Young, not so much. That's why I'll take Vick.

It's just my opinion. I realize that as someone who is not a UT football fan, I am not blessed with the monopoly on football knowledge that Mr. Dio happens to possess -- I'd really like Dio to drop some knowledge on me about the inherent weaknesses in a Cover 6 scheme and why an Eagle front is better suited to playing the run. I guess I'll just have to wait for that.

As a complete aside that has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread -- it's funny to me, still, that Mr. Dio has never explained the fact that he's blasting OU for losing to USC when his very own team couldn't beat OU -- again!! Very intent on name-calling there Dio, but a little light on a substantive argument to explain why you're not hypocritical.

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 10:55 AM
so bc oklahoma beat texas we cant admit that usc beat the shit out them?
anyway we'll see vince potentially has 2 full seasons left and has lost 2 games as a starter and has better stats than vick

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that when Mike Vick was a sophomore, facing defenses geared to stop him and only him -- remember, Cedric Benson didn't play in Vick's backfield -- his team played for the National Championship.

Meanwhile, in Vince Young's sophomore season, his team didn't beat OU, and played for a consolation prize.

moot point moot point

so instead of a running back that is really good he had an entire championship team surrounding him

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 11:10 AM
vince also did it last year with zero recievers
the stacked the box
and vince and ced ran all over the comp

SWC Bonfire
07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
The comparisons to best running quarterback are premature. Defenses aren't set up to stop the run like they were back in the day when all teams did was run. Nebraska QB's from the 90's like Frazier/Crouch could throw the long ball every once in a while to make the defense respect it.

Young should continue to attempt higher-percentage shorter passes to complement his running game. His side-mechanics are less of a liability on designed rollout passes where the defense has to respect both their man and Young's running ability. For this reason, (and if he stays for 2 years and wins Big12/Nat Champ) he could be in the running.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
so bc oklahoma beat texas we cant admit that usc beat the shit out them?

I've never questioned whether UT fans can admit that USC beat OU. I just think it's hypocritical for UT fan to jump on Sooner fan by pointing to the USC loss. Until UT beats OU, Longhorn fans have no business blasting the Sooners for losing in the National Championship game, regardless of the score. Take care of your business and then you can worry about making fun of the Sooners for losing to USC. Until then, it's asinine.

anyway we'll see vince potentially has 2 full seasons left and has lost 2 games as a starter and has better stats than vick

Sure, and we'll never know what Vick would have done in his last two collegiate seasons. I just know that I have watched college football for a long, long time. I've never confined myself to the SWC, Big XII or just Texas teams. In that time, I've never seen a collegiate QB who was a bigger difference maker with his legs than Mike Vick. Maybe it's not only because Vick was a weapon on scrambles and on designed keeps and draws, but also because Vick was tremendous at scrambling in the pocket and maintaining his ability to pass the ball down the field. Whatever, it's my opinion.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 11:21 AM
moot point moot point

so instead of a running back that is really good he had an entire championship team surrounding him

It's not a moot point -- it's a point of comparison, both Young and Vick were faced with defenses geared to stop them (though I'd like to see proof about the statements related to Young; I find it hard to believe that teams were consistently more worried with Young than with Benson).

That said, you can choose to disregard it if you like, but since you're inclined to say that Vince Young is the greatest football player who ever lived, nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 11:30 AM
vince also did it last year with zero recievers
the stacked the box
and vince and ced ran all over the comp

If that's the criteria, then why isn't Tommie Frazier the greatest running QB ever?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
It's not a moot point -- it's a point of comparison, both Young and Vick were faced with defenses geared to stop them (though I'd like to see proof about the statements related to Young; I find it hard to believe that teams were consistently more worried with Young than with Benson).

That said, you can choose to disregard it if you like, but since you're inclined to say that Vince Young is the greatest football player who ever lived, nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

bc benson has a history of not showing up for big games his entire career

bc when we talk about VY we're mostly talking about this past season

bc vince young had runs that made benson look like ME

i dont think hes the greatest fb player ever, or the greatest qb

but its like you said vick had entire championship team, are you saying vick was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 reasons they won that championship? he had to have had good players alongside him

mookie made a good point, texas had jack for receivers last year too, JACK

their best receiver was a freaking tight end

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
because tommie frazier sucked
crouch was good
but no vince
can you imagine vince at the helm of neb 95-96
sickening

last year was vinces first year as "the man"
and he showed up and regulated, he'll get better, which is scary

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 11:35 AM

just wait, he'll inform you that you aren't a 'real' longhorn fan either.

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I've never questioned whether UT fans can admit that USC beat OU. I just think it's hypocritical for UT fan to jump on Sooner fan by pointing to the USC loss. Until UT beats OU, Longhorn fans have no business blasting the Sooners for losing in the National Championship game, regardless of the score. Take care of your business and then you can worry about making fun of the Sooners for losing to USC. Until then, it's asinine.

no kidding. what is it about ut football that attracts idiots like mr dio?

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 11:40 AM
i dont get yall
i cant enjoy seeing oklahoma getting regulated upon because they beat texas

so i guess yall were silenced and had no opinion on the 04 lakers in finals

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
hey mookie why arent u answering your PM's

"too large, too full, too round, nipples too big"

SICK!!!!!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 11:45 AM
mookie ive been pming you since yesterday maybe your inbox is full

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 11:53 AM
mookie ive been pming you since yesterday maybe your inbox is full

that sounds disturbing.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 11:54 AM
i dont get yall
i cant enjoy seeing oklahoma getting regulated upon because they beat texas

You can enjoy it, but you've got no basis to run smack at Sooners fans for that. That's all I'm saying. It's taking credit for someone else doing your dirty work.

OU lost in the National title game, true, but UT only won a consolation game and hasn't beaten OU in how long? And OU has made a habit out of playing in BCS games, while UT still hasn't won a conference title under Mack Brown. So I don't understand how winning one BCS game suddenly gives UT any real credibility. At that, UT was perilously close to losing that BCS game to a very, very, very young Michigan team.

Do what you want -- if you enjoy some satisfaction out of other teams doing your dirty work, that's cool. It seems disingenuous to me.

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 12:02 PM
my smack, which i havent even said in the forum is that most OUs players are from texas, they didnt show up for two years in a row in the NC game
the STATE of oklahoma sucks, cock
it was COMPLETE bullshit that jason white got to play last year anyway

and if by very very very young you mean a young qb and rb, youre right
what did you want texas to do? lose to michigan, sorry they won, i know you wish they didnt but they did i shouldnt have to apologize for them winning their first bcs bowl game

you didnt answer my question
did you run any smack on the lakers lasy year when they lost in the finals
or did you just have no opinion on anything

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 12:02 PM
that sounds disturbing.

haha youre right
i just re-read it and its funny

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 12:03 PM
because tommie frazier sucked

Who are you kidding? That isn't even an informed opinion. In fact, ESPN's lead college football writer named Frazier the greatest college QB of the last 25 years!! Top 10 College QB's of last 25 years (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=1966188)

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 12:04 PM
yeah oklahoma, as a state, is completely worthless and probably gayer than west virginia...

theyre LAME

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
my smack, which i havent even said in the forum is that most OUs players are from texas, they didnt show up for two years in a row in the NC game

what did you want texas to do? lose to michigan, sorry they won, i know you wish they didnt but they did i shouldnt have to apologize for them winning their first bcs bowl game

did you run any smack on the lakers last year when they lost in the finals

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM

My point was aimed more at Mr. Dio, than you Mookie. But if you want to run noise at Oklahoma for losing a game that UT couldn't even reach, then go for it. I think it sounds silly, but that's just me.

He qualified for a 6th year redshirt because he had some horrendous injuries that cost him any chance to play in earlier seasons. All White could do was apply, and the NCAA gave him that chance. There are plenty of guys playing at other schools who have the same circumstances and get the same opportunity. I played with one such guy in college and it meant the world to him for the NCAA to give him a 6th year. Had it been some offensive lineman at UTEP and not Jason White, you wouldn't have known and you wouldn't have cared.

That is what I mean, and I'm glad that you understand that. My point is that UT struggled to win a game against that team, so blasting OU for losing to a team that should have won back-to-back titles is crazy to me.

I still think that UT got to play in that game only because Mack Brown whined and cried about how it wouldn't be fair to his team if it didn't get a BCS birth. He cajoled voters into screwing over a Cal team that was the closest of anyone to beating USC last year. It was controversial enough that the NCAA now wants to reveal who votes for what schools. Cal crapped the bed in its bowl game, but I don't think you can look at it retrospectively and say that UT was much, much better than Cal. I still think that Cal should have played in the Rose Bowl. That said, UT won its game and that's all it could have done. But if you want to blast OU for not being impressive, you can't exactly hold UT up as having won its game in impressive fashion.

did you run any smack on the lakers lasy year when they lost in the finals

I didn't run any smack because I thought the Pistons would win the series anyway, just as I thought the Spurs would have been in big trouble last year had they met the Pistons in the Finals.

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
injuries are part of football a lot of players get injured worse than him and dont get 6 years
mack didnt whine at all
nobody in their right mind would find his quote whining at all
cal got destroyed by tech, who got destroyed by texas

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 12:57 PM
all i know is that come fall, mookie is going to own this forum

hes gonna post here like he owns the place

jalbre6
07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Getting back on track, sort of...

VY isn't the greatest running QB ever, at least not yet. That honor goes to Eric Crouch of Nebraska. Crouch had 3,434 yards rushing and 59 TD's rushing in his career. He averaged 5.3 yards a carry, damn near 80 yards a game, and won the Heisman in '01.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Getting back on track, sort of...

VY isn't the greatest running QB ever, at least not yet. That honor goes to Eric Crouch of Nebraska. Crouch had 3,434 yards rushing and 59 TD's rushing in his career. He averaged 5.3 yards a carry, damn near 80 yards a game, and won the Heisman in '01.

Stats are fine, but I'd take both Vick and Frazier over Crouch. Frazier got jobbed in never winning the Heisman.

jalbre6
07-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Stats are fine, but I'd take both Vick and Frazier over Crouch. Frazier got jobbed in never winning the Heisman.

I'm no Husker scholar, but I think Crouch was a better running QB than Frazier...considering they played in roughly the same number of games and Crouch has gaudier stats. I think Tommie Frazier was a better all around QB than Crouch, but he also had Lawrence Phillips to hand the ball off to. Crouch had Thunder Collins and a couple of other guys I can't remember playing tailback. The strangest sidenote is that neither of them were given an opportunity to play QB at the next level. I think Frazier is an NAIA coach and I read somewhere that Crouch just retired for like the third time after the Chiefs cut him loose.

Probably the best common denominator with VY and Vick is that Vick left after two seasons and VY has now completed his sophomore season at UT. MV rushed 223 times for 1226 yards and 17 TD's, at 5.4 yards a carry. VY ran the ball 281 times for 1885 yards and 21 TD's , at 6.7 yards a carry. I think Vick only lost two games in college, one against Florida State in the title game and then once against Miami as a sophomore. VY has lost three (OU twice, Wash State in the Holiday Bowl, and he didn't play vs Arkansas in that loss).

All four were studs, and I hope VY is more like Vick at the next level than the two Huskers.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
okay anyone who is a hardcore college football fan

who was harder to takle, michael vick or vince young?????

i have seen every game vince young has played in and that boy breaks tackles like majewski

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm no Husker scholar, but I think Crouch was a better running QB than Frazier...considering they played in roughly the same number of games and Crouch has gaudier stats.

I'd never base my conclusion on stats alone, because stats are often misleading when it comes to assessing quality. In fact, if you compare their senior seasons, Frazier was much, much better per carry than Crouch. In 1995, Frazier had 113 carries for 803 yards, an average of 7.1 per carry. In 2001, Crouch had 225 carries for 1229 yards, an average of 5.5 per carry.

Frazier's stats may be reduced, but that might be due to any number of factors, including the fact that his teams were destroying opponents on a regular basis, while Crouch's teams played many more competitive games. Here's an example:

in Frazier's four years, Nebraska played only 15 games in which they lost or in which their opponents were within 2 touchdowns. I haven't been able to figure out if Frazier's injuries took him out of any of those close games. In 1994, Nebraska played only 4 games in which an opponent was within 2 TD's. In 1995, they played 1.

In Crouch's four years, Nebraska played in 25 such games.

What's the difference? One difference is that close games mean that starters remain in for longer periods of time and are used differently. Here's tangible proof of that fact: in Frazier's senior season, he had 6 games in which he carried 10 or more times. He averaged 9.4 carries per game. In Crouch's senior season, he had only 3 games in which he carried fewer than 14 times. He averaged 17.3 carries per game.

It's little wonder that Crouch gained more total yards. There's little doubt that Frazier was more potent, though.

From what I've read today, Husker fan is absolutely convinced that Frazier is the best QB who has ever played there. That may be, in part, because he was a better passer than Crouch to an extent, but mostly I suspect it's because Frazier was lethal on the edge.

sa_butta
07-20-2005, 12:17 PM
If he does make to the the NFL it will not be at QB.
I say hed make a good kick returner.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Holy crap, just now felt like glancing at this thread...

NO he's not. Proof? Michael Vick. Game over.

And I think LJ hit it on the head earlier, he throws like a girl.

mookie2001
07-20-2005, 01:22 PM
how is vick better
stats in college? no
smaller? yes
slower? yes
easier to tackle? yes

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
You forgot the most important question you posed before arriving at your conclusion.

"longhorn? no"

mookie2001
07-20-2005, 02:32 PM
fact
stats
fact
bigger
fact
faster

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
fact
bo malette could kick his ass
fact
bo malette is better
fact
bo malette is best ever IN THE BACKFIELD

scott
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
how is vick better
stats in college? no
smaller? yes
slower? yes
easier to tackle? yes

"played for a national title? yes"

I agree that Young is harder to tackle, however I don't know that Vince is faster than Vick.

FromWayDowntown
07-20-2005, 07:39 PM
"played for a national title? yes"

I agree that Young is harder to tackle, however I don't know that Vince is faster than Vick.

I don't know how anyone who hasn't played against both Vick and Young can assess which of the two is "harder to tackle." There are so many variables that go into whether a runner is elusive or powerful or whatever other means he uses to avoid tackles.

Is Vince Young more difficult to stand up and push backwards? Probably.

Is Vince Young more difficult to catch on the edge? I doubt it.

Does Vince Young break more tackles? Probably.

Does Vince Young have to break more tackles? I'd think so.

Why, you ask?

slower? yes

As Lee Corso might say, not so fast my friend.

If we're talking about 40 times, the fastest confirmed time for Vick appears to be the 4.25 reported here (http://www.hokiesports.com/huddler/archive/0382000aaa.html). There are those who've reported that Vick has run sub-4.2, though.

I've looked all over for a 40 time on Vince. I found one source that said 4.5 and another that said 4.4, but I couldn't find anything to say that Vince has run sub-4.4, much less sub-4.3.

If you can document a better time for Young, I'm listenting. Until then, Vick is faster.

Now, the difference over .1 is rougly about 2/10 of a yard, or about 7.2 inches. It doesn't sound like much, but if you take the best time for Vince Young (4.4) and compare it with the best time by Mike Vick, Vick wins by at least .15, or somewhere around a foot. If football is a game of inches, that foot makes all the difference in the world, particularly with a guy who can shake down people the way Vick can.

And, again, why isn't Tommie Frazier better than either of these guys?

mookie2001
07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Im speaking from seeing them both play many times
vick can be caught by fast nfl linebackers and nearly all secondary players
vince doesnt even need to use his speed until hes breaking for the endzone

vick played for a national title his soph year?
how many games did he lose that year?
career win %?

oh.

FromWayDowntown
07-21-2005, 01:53 PM

I have no idea how you can possibly watch games and see that Vick can be caught by LBs and DBs. The dude broke off a 60+ yard run in overtime in Minnesota a couple of years ago. He ran crazy against the Rams defense in this year's playoffs. And he did that while being instructed to stay in the pocket more (and I'm sure, being told to run out of bounds more).

Aside from that, let's emphasize some key words in that sentence "vick can be caught by fast nfl linebackers and nearly all secondary players."

Maybe that's because he's playing in the NFL!! I wonder how many of linebackers in the Big XII during Vince Young's career will be playing on a full-time basis in the NFL for any team. The answer is: not many.

I guess that explains why Vince Young scored everytime he ran the ball last season.

In fact, it probably explains why Vick averaged 7.5 yards per carry in the NFL last season while Vince Young averaged 6.5 (and 7.1 yards per carry if you don't subtract out his losses)

mookie2001
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
career win %?

stats my brother
if you go by avg than Ramonce Taylor should have won the Hiesman last year
vick gets tackled and vince gets tackled

the nfl is different so lets look at their first two years in college (vince has has 1 full year as starter)
stats go to vince
the D in 2000 big east isnt the D in 04 big12
unless they played miami 10 times

Cant_Be_Faded
07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
stats my brother
if you go by avg than Ramonce Taylor should have won the Hiesman last year
vick gets tackled and vince gets tackled

the nfl is different so lets look at their first two years in college (vince has has 1 full year as starter)
stats go to vince
the D in 2000 big east isnt the D in 04 big12
unless they played miami 10 times

exactlyyy

people forget that vick played in that lame ass wannabe conference

we're talking big twelve defense here people...oklahoma, a&m, etc

these teams are scoffable, but still they're legit, they're big 12

and vince young is just now going to be a junior

Horry For 3!
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Vince Young is defintely a great running QB but I don't know about ever. We'll have to see but I think he surely can, he is amazing when he runs it.

saspursfan4life
07-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Vince Young is a good running QB.. but Notre Dame had a good running QB t... Carlyle Holiday... but they moved him to wide reciever.. which is really stupid..

TheTruth
07-21-2005, 04:51 PM
exactlyyy

people forget that vick played in that lame ass wannabe conference

we're talking big twelve defense here people...oklahoma, a&m, etc

these teams are scoffable, but still they're legit, they're big 12

and vince young is just now going to be a junior

Michael Vick is now playing in the Lame ass league called the NFL, and he is doing the same things he did in college. Vince Young won't even be a Q.B. in the N.F.L. so we won't know how good he really is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2005, 06:53 PM

So Vick sucks because NFL players can catch him? :lmao

Dude, way to own yourself. Fuck, I've seen plenty of people (I'm not talking about the Baylors and Directional State U) catch Vince.

Vince doesn't need to use his speed until he breaks to the end zone? Fuck, I've seen him run for his life enough times, especially against OU, to know that you're full of shit.

Look, the guy is quick. I'll give you that. But you prove how far you have your head up the ass of anything orange when you say Vince is better because you've seen them both play several times.

Vick is statistically better against NFL players than Vince is against college football players, and don't even get me started on the wounded duck that you call a Vince Young pass.

FromWayDowntown
07-21-2005, 09:50 PM
vick played for a national title his soph year?
career win %?

For what it's worth:

Vick was 22-2 at Virginia Tech. His career winning percentage in college was, therefore, .917.

He played for a national title as a redshirt freshman.

His team was 11-1 in his sophomore season, losing only at Miami (in a game in which Vick played less than 20 plays because of a high ankle sprain).

Just want to be sure the record is clear . . . .

scott
07-21-2005, 10:11 PM
While waiting for the mookie response to what looks to be a slap down from FWD... I will defend the premise that Young is harder to tackle than Vick.

Obviously, this kind of thing is a subjective debate, but I base the opinion on college games I've seen between the two of them. Vince Young has an uncanny ability to break tackles, and that cannot be denied. So could Vick... but in my opinion not like young. The only recent guys who I've seen break tackles like Young are Peterson, Ronnie Brown, and maybe Eric Shelton from Louisville.

I think Young would make a great WR for that reason. But you can't expect to be an NFL QB if you can't throw... and like I've said... Vince makes Quincy Carter look like Brett Favre.

And, for the record - so that mookie doesn't have to bother with research and can concentrate on his reply... Young career record is 21-4, which of course would be worse than Vick's.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I will defend the premise that Young is harder to tackle than Vick.

Obviously, this kind of thing is a subjective debate, but I base the opinion on college games I've seen between the two of them. Vince Young has an uncanny ability to break tackles, and that cannot be denied. So could Vick... but in my opinion not like young.

Dude, Vick was going human joystick on the FSU defense in that national title game, he just didn't have the defense to back him up.

scott
07-21-2005, 11:11 PM
No disagreement there.

That was a good year for bowl games. The Michigan /labama game was a classic. Even though FSU win was entertaining because of Vick. IIRC, the Citrus and Outback were good ones that year too.

Mr Dio
07-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Nobody seems to mention that Vick left after 2 yrs of college & still hasn't won the Super Bowl. Unk if VY would do anything better but NO ONE knows this, if they did they'd be buying lottery tickets.
From what I've read Vick is 3 yrs older than VY. I don't know who will be better when their NFL careers are all done, but once again I'd be buying lottery tickets if I could tell the future. Vick is the most hyped to this point & still only 25yo.
So, a good question might be.."What would VY have accomplished after 3-4 yrs in the NFL in comparision to Vick?" Nobody knows this..nobody.

Marcus Bryant
07-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Everyone needs to remember that Vince Young plays at Texas, so that automatically makes him a legend.

Did Vick play at Texas? Hmmmm. Hmmmm.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2005, 09:14 AM
young = bigger, faster

vick = ron mexico

Great point . . . . except that Vick (4.25) is faster than any time that Young has ever run.

Nobody seems to mention that Vick left after 2 yrs of college & still hasn't won the Super Bowl. Unk if VY would do anything better but NO ONE knows this, if they did they'd be buying lottery tickets.

Mr. Dio, that's definitely true. But here's what we do know about Vick -- the year after he was drafted (2002, his first year as a full-time starter) by a team that was bad enough to have the #1 overall pick, Vick lead that team to a playoff victory in Lambeau Field (the first visiting QB to ever do that). He missed most of 2003 with a broken leg, but came back in 2004 and lead the Falcons to the 2nd best record in the NFC and within 1 game of the Super Bowl. So, in his first 2 seasons as the starter, Vick has made the playoffs twice, has won 2 playoff games, and has come very close to the Super Bowl.

Who knows what Vince Young's future holds? But that's not the question here. The question is who is the greatest running QB in history. While mookie and the gang keep changing the criteria (and ignoring facts), I'd argue that Vick owns Young in every conceivable comparison other than the fact that Young is bigger. BFD, Culpepper is bigger than both of them and that doesn't make him the greatest running QB ever.

I'm not too worried about Mike Vick's failure to win a Super Bowl yet -- Vince Young still hasn't beaten Oklahoma.

Everyone needs to remember that Vince Young plays at Texas, so that automatically makes him a legend.

Did Vick play at Texas? Hmmmm. Hmmmm.

I said it earlier in this thread, but if Vince Young was the quarterback at the University of Washington, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

theMUHMEshow
07-22-2005, 09:16 AM
First off, I would put Tommie Frazier and Michael Vick WAY WAY ahead of Vince Young. He could pass up Vick this year with a Ntl Championship, however, never would be be able to top Frazier

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2005, 09:35 AM
First off, I would put Tommie Frazier and Michael Vick WAY WAY ahead of Vince Young. He could pass up Vick this year with a Ntl Championship, however, never would be be able to top Frazier

I've been banging the Tommie Frazier drum around here for weeks, but the Orangebloods don't want any part of Frazier in this discussion. If I was going to run an offense that relied on a QB running the ball in any part, I'd struggle to choose between Frazier and Vick. I would probably end up with Vick, because he's got a much better arm than Frazier ever did. But in the college game, there's never been anyone like Frazier.

samikeyp
07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
not having gone to UT, I am not an "orangeblood" but as a fan I would agree that the sky is the limit for Young. Throwing the ball is not his problem, its throwing it accurately. He can wing it down the field but because of his wacked-out throwing style, its not very reliable. As a pure runner, he is the best at the QB position I have ever seen but as far as where his place in college football is, we still need to wait and see. Good point about Frazier though. I really think if he was healthy he could have done well in the NFL.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2005, 12:25 PM
not having gone to UT, I am not an "orangeblood" but as a fan I would agree that the sky is the limit for Young. Throwing the ball is not his problem, its throwing it accurately. He can wing it down the field but because of his wacked-out throwing style, its not very reliable. As a pure runner, he is the best at the QB position I have ever seen but as far as where his place in college football is, we still need to wait and see. Good point about Frazier though. I really think if he was healthy he could have done well in the NFL.

I can't see Young playing quarterback beyond his days at UT -- he's much more like Antwaan Randle-El than Mike Vick. And I still don't see how he's the greatest running QB anyone has ever seen, particularly as long as Vick and Frazier (not to mention Eric Crouch, Turner Gill, Jameille Holloway, and guys like that) are in the conversation.

Frankly, I don't think Young reads defenses very well, I don't think he can be relied upon to stand in the pocket and find an open man, and I don't think he is comfortable when he has to throw the ball. I don't care if the guy can throw it 800 yards, I don't want him playing QB for me if he can't get the ball where it needs to be, and if he compromises the integrity of my offense by refusing to stick with plays.

It works, for now, against college defenses, but Young to me is a mirror image of the team he plays for. UT wins games not because it has great schemes (and not even because they try to out-scheme opponents) but because it has great athletes, but that doesn't make them a great team. (unlike, say, USC or Oklahoma, which have great talent, but play for titles because they use the scheme to maximize that talent and to make inferior players seem better than they are).

Young is successful now because he's a great athlete, but that doesn't make him a great QB.

samikeyp
07-22-2005, 12:53 PM
I never said he was the greatest running QB...I said he was the best pure runner at that position I have seen. His passing ability is suspect at best. To be the "greatest" at a position, you must master all phases of that position...so far he has not. I also do not see him as a QB in the NFL, the CFL maybe. My point is that he has had one full year at the position and some people are already dropping the G.O.A.T card. It is wayyy to early for any of that talk. He has won a major bowl game but not a conference title or national title....(hell, he hasn't beaten OU yet! :) ) If he can do that (the titles) its one thing, so far all he is, is a good college QB.

Mr Dio
07-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Did Vick play at Texas? Hmmmm. Hmmmm

I can send you some links to study so you can get the answer to that question & to the question..Does VY play at VTech? Hmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not too worried about Mike Vick's failure to win a Super Bowl yet -- Vince Young still hasn't beaten Oklahoma.

True, so of these 2 QBs we have (0) Nat'l Chamoionships..Correct?

I can't see Young playing quarterback beyond his days at UT

Well, of course you know I disagree but we'll have to wait til VY has at least 2 yrs in the NFL before we can compare the 2 a little more accurately.

As long as we're speaking of running QBs I'd like to toss, for kicks, Young's name in as a top 3 running QB. Steve Young.

mookie2001
07-22-2005, 08:13 PM
i already said ill now only compare the first two years of college
lets do it
its funny bc if the stats were even close some chode would have listed them

Marcus Bryant
07-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Why isn't Young in the pros? If he was the second coming, you'd think he'd be there already.

Hmmmm.

mookie2001
07-22-2005, 08:23 PM
well
he has to improve his passing marcus
to be a qb
lol

i didnt compare him to marino or manning
just vick

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2005, 08:28 PM
someone has already listed the winning records, and they're comparable the first two years

mookie2001
07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
i mentioned that va tech and miami used to be the only teams in the big east worth a gram of mecos. in other words
nobody said anything
aggie i never said vick sucked at all, and the thread is about running assholes
thats why yall are talking mike vick and not peyton manning aggie

Mr Dio
07-22-2005, 09:09 PM
2nd coming! :lol :lol :lol

Who was the 1st? Please don't tell me someone that hasn't WON a SB.

Jamtas
07-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Why do these arguments always come up? Any NBA player has a breakout year and there are immediate discussions whether they are the next Jordan. Why do we feel a need to define players so quickly? People have to let their careers finish before we determine their place in history. So if you want to have this discussion you have to be prepared that you can't make a solid persuasive case that is going to convince everyone you are right, regardless of which side you are on. IS VY best ever? Could be, but not yet. He isn't done. This discussion is better when he finishes his time at UT. And even then, it's still subjective.
I will say, he's damn good and I look forward to this season.
A few other things, OU did beat us the past several years. I can find many different reasons of things we did wrong or a coach who didn't have a good game plan, but that is just me in my denial anger trying to justify it. Bottom line, we lost. I say the same things to teams who do the same rationalizing when we beat them, so I won't be a hypocrite and say that only my teams get to justify their losses and everyone else's are only because they suck and need to stop whining about it.
Its human nature to try and defend your clan and see only the best while criticizing your opponents and minimalizing their accomplishments. (i.e. every Spurs player is a godsend who everyone else in the league should give up their best quality players for)

Enjoy sports, be passionate for your teams. But don't be the sore loser/winner that points out everything wrong with everyone else's team. They generally feel the way about their team that you feel about yours. To them, your team is the "bad" team in the way of their "good" team’s goal that they must deserve.

Mr Dio
07-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Where the Phuck have you been man?!?! That was VERY well put.
Are you someone's realistic alter ego/screen name?

Jamtas
07-24-2005, 05:33 PM
thanks and I'm just me. sorry to sound preachy for a newbie.

ShoogarBear
07-24-2005, 11:38 PM
I'll tell you that I played football at Columbia University in the early 1990's.

:lol

Sorry I'm just catching up with this.

You must have been there after the Losing Streak.

Around 88-89 I visited a friend at Columbia. He introduced me to one of their offensive linemen. This guy was about 5'5" and couldn't have been more than 150 pounds.

FromWayDowntown
07-25-2005, 12:01 AM
:lol

Sorry I'm just catching up with this.

You must have been there after the Losing Streak.

Around 88-89 I visited a friend at Columbia. He introduced me to one of their offensive linemen. This guy was about 5'5" and couldn't have been more than 150 pounds.

That wasn't me, but I'm almost 100% sure I know who you met.

Yeah, our teams weren't real good, and that was part of the reason. As a sophomore, I was the biggest dude on the offensive line and compared to O-linemen at other Ivy schools, I was pretty average sized. Our linemen weren't big, our backs weren't fast, and our quarterbacks struggled to throw the ball, but we had fun.

cecil collins
08-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Vick is definitely faster, but he doesn't really break tackles. Young is elusive, and the way he gets out of tackles is just freaky. His performance running in the rose bowl has to be one of the best ever. I consider him a better running QB than Crouch, because Crouch was an option QB. His running doesn't really translate to a pro style offense of drop back, and scramble. The vast majority of Crouch's yards came essentially as a running back. Vince has a good arm, he just makes terrible decisions from time to time. As soon as he figures out to play it safe, and stop forcing the ball into tight spots(this year or next) he'll be drafted top 20. The only time people have had to judge his throwing, he was either a freshman, or working with a bare bones recieving core. With more experience, and lack of an experienced power back, he'll make more plays. Hopefully the running game can be sufficient to keep the pressure off.

Ballcox
08-04-2005, 11:42 AM
^ Agree, I think we'll see Vince have a great year throwing the ball, I actually expect him to run less this year because his WR's should be MUCH better. I'm expecting big things for L. Sweed, J. Shipley, H. Melton, N. Jones, Q. Crosby, T. Gatewood. Also, can't forget about D. Thomas, if he has another big season could easily go in the early rounds of next year's NFL draft.

samikeyp
08-04-2005, 12:25 PM
I think we'll see Vince have a great year throwing the ball

I hope so....hopefully Brown has been having someone work with him on his mechanics.

sa_butta
08-08-2005, 01:01 PM
why stop what has been working for them I think they will continue to run with him and use the option more.

TheDude
08-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I think hes up there... I've never been a huge fan of college sports until five years ago, so watching Young with the ball is something special. I think that he has a chance to score every time the ball is in his hands. Vick was as good in college, but once he got into the nfl, he wanted to be more of a passing qb, I don't think that vince can be a passing qb.

cecil collins
08-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't think he should want to be a passing QB. He's got a cannon, just needs to work on accuracy and decision making. He is only a junior this year, and he will likely have the ball in his hands more, so will shall see.

Mr Dio
08-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Many don't even realize he is a ONLY junior.

Horry For 3!
08-15-2005, 06:23 PM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2004_05/007/young_vince_400_40.jpg

Horry For 3!
08-15-2005, 06:24 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/college/bowls/high01.jpg

Longhorn fans will enjoy these.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
HOW ABOUT NOW???? is he better than vick now??? is he better than reggie mcneill now????

haahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhaha

damn what a great game

Cant_Be_Faded
01-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Has he already proven he is the best running quarter back of all time?

Not in terms of the best winner, but hte best running quarterback, with the biggest effect on a game?

I dunno CBF, if you count 2 touchdowns and a 2 pt conversion all within 6 minutes in the national championship game, then yeah, i guess you can say that.

hussker
01-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Vince is a better OVERALL QB than my votes, he is bigger, but not as fast...

Sorry guys...Gotta go with Crouch and Frazier...So I am a Homer, OK? Yeah, I know that those guys were really RBs in disguise, but you asked...

Frazier would have had even better numbers had he not missed nearly an entire season due to his clotting disorder. And to think that the Huskers still kicked @$$ with Brook Berringer (God rest his soul) in for 2/3d of the season...The next year was the year Frazier and the Huskers whooped the "FUN and GUN" for a second consecutive NC.

Horry For 3!
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Vince is a better OVERALL QB than my votes, he is bigger, but not as fast...

Sorry guys...Gotta go with Crouch and Frazier...So I am a Homer, OK? Yeah, I know that those guys were really RBs in disguise, but you asked...

Frazier would have had even better numbers had he not missed nearly an entire season due to his clotting disorder. And to think that the Huskers still kicked @$$ with Brook Berringer (God rest his soul) in for 2/3d of the season...The next year was the year Frazier and the Huskers whooped the "FUN and GUN" for a second consecutive NC.
Crouch wasn't that good. Frazier was pretty good though. Vince passed up his record though for most rushing yards by a QB in a bowl game.

FromWayDowntown
01-06-2006, 06:12 PM
The closest thing I can remember to Vince's performance in the 2006 Rose Bowl was Frazier's performance against Florida.

I have to say, having taken some time to re-read my earlier posts, that Vince has proven me wrong about a number of things. And I think he deserves major props for the improvements he's shown in many areas -- particularly in his pocket composure and his ability to generally deliver the ball to the right place.

I'm still not convinced that he's "the greatest running QB ever" -- I think for the moment he's "the greatest running QB whose performance is still at the front of everyone's minds." But he's obviously in a very short conversation of those who would qualify to hold that title.

I'm still not sure how you define a running QB. Were Staubach, Elway, and Young running QB's? I mean, Elway ran the ball plenty of times in college and the NFL and is probably the best combination of arm and legs to ever play that position, but nobody wants to talk about Elway in the Vince Lovefest of this thread. Does the greatest running QB have to also be a good passer? If not, then you have to talk about Frazier and option guys like that in this discussion, too.

Vince deserves major props, though. He had a tremendous junior season.

hussker
01-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Crouch wasn't that good. Frazier was pretty good though. Vince passed up his record though for most rushing yards by a QB in a bowl game.

Frazier only "pretty good"? Hmm..Ask the Florida Defense from the 96 Fiesta Bowl..

Crouch was pretty damn good...never got the NC, but he carried the Huskers in those post Osborne seasons while Frank "WRONG WAY" Slurr-ich was trying to figure out what to do next.

Crouch vs OU 2001 (http://net.unl.edu/brwu/media/2001/oklahoma/crouchcatch01_high.mov)

By the way, dude throwing the Ball to Crouch is Tommy Lee's tutor's fiancee'.

hussker
01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
HOW ABOUT NOW???? is he better than vick now??? is he better than reggie mcneill now????

haahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhaha

damn what a great game

1) Vick STOMPS better...oh you meant the OLDER, more well-behaved (doesn't take much) MICHAEL Vick, not Marcus...

2) Dude Reggie ROCKS! FUCK! HE IS like the ONLY QB to AVENGE a loss VS Baylor in the HISTORY of the Big XII! ( ouch...my tongue just went THROUGH my cheek)

VY is the MAN. I hope he makes a good decision about the future and I look forward to seeing him on Sundays.

GO BIG XII!

hussker
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Comparison:
Frazier: 16 Carries - 199 yds; LONG 75 yds 1996 Fiesta Bowl
Young: 19 Carries - 200 yds; LONG 45 yds 2006 Rose Bowl

Negligible at best. Passing wise, VY kicks @$$, but how many yards is ANY Nebraska QB going to throw for when they get nearly 550 per game on the ground?

OH...And last I checked, VYs clotting factors are all good to go...no threat of a stroke or Pulmonary Embolism for him.

We shall never agree to disagree on this, but at least I am not hateful AGGIEFAN.

My wife, an AGGIE, was probably the only one watching the game in our area who was an Aggie, let alone cheering (with me) for the Horns. I suppose that makes her a bad person, but again, she and her country of origin did blow up Hawaii before it was ours...

It is inane here in B/CS with all of the animosity. So thick that people cannot even root for a team in their own conference!

I love the tradition of aTm, it is huge. I never would have known what it was like if I had not lived here. My wife was a decision away from being a Horn and going to t.u. but liked the offer of the aTm Child Psych PhD program better. That is how we ended up in Aggieland.

As wonderful as it is to live amongst the tradition, I do realize one thing...go 5 miles outside of B/CS and it is all about the Horns. The cultish Maroon Koolaid bleeds here and here alone. The sad thing is, many who
1) Have NEVER been to a GAME
2) Never Matriculated at the University
Are the ones to spout off.

For me it is
1) Nebraska (alum, I am)
2) aTm (wife is the AGGIE)
3) Texas

Had my wife chosen t.u. ober aTm, it would be

1) Nebraska
2) Texas
3) The rest of the Big XII

aTm was never close to my radar screen, buit the tradition is a blast. As a relatively conservative CORNEATER, I like that...but it does not mean I appreciate the M&M's here (Maroon Myopics).

I cannot wait until my Men Of Corn come down here on 11/11/06 and kick the crap out of the Ags...But I will be rooting for aTm every other week they play.

Congrats HORNS!

WHOOP BIG XII!!!!!!!!

Dre_7
01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Young is the best running QB ever...

Dre_7
01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/08/05/gallery.steveyoung/gallery2.jpg

Steve Young that is. :smokin

hussker
01-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Nice PRO shot for a college topic...Take it to the NFL Forum

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2006, 10:25 PM
In his private workout today, VY clocked in a 4.54 forty time, without pads.

I guess yall were right. He's not as fast as McNeal.

scott
03-24-2006, 12:13 AM
And he's definitely not as fast as Vick.

I've never thought Vince was really fast... he's just impossible to tackle and then fast enough to keep distance over the guy he just ran over. Either way, 4.54 - 4.57 (yesterday's time) is still pretty swift for a QB.

I still think he'll be a bust though.

T Park
03-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Fastest? Maybe

Dumbest??

Most definately.

a 15!?!? :lmao

After wunderlick, its proven prob that Vince won't be a good QB in the NFL.

word
03-24-2006, 05:25 AM
shhhhhh....*adults speaking* ......

cecil collins
03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Fastest? Maybe

Dumbest??

Most definately.

That's not the worst score for a running QB. Plenty of guys supposedly had worse scores. Aggie envy.

leemajors
03-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Fastest? Maybe

Dumbest??

Most definately.

yeah marino was a pretty shitty qb himself - he got a 16.

mookie2001
03-24-2006, 01:44 PM
wonderlick scores are hundreds, maybe thousands of times more important than "winning" a "BCS" National "Title"

Oscar DeLa
03-24-2006, 02:11 PM
wonderlick scores are hundreds, maybe thousands of times more important than "winning" a "BCS" National "Title"
I don't know what it is but did ANYONE here honestly know that "wonderlick" was the name of the test rookies took before Vince Young had his graded wrong, then "bombed" with a 16?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
jesus christ tpark you are the stupidest stupidest person on this entire forum if you weren't being sarcastic

seriously

Vince Young haters scoff vince for this, but even they hesitate to say this "proves" he "probably" wont be a good qb

You're as stupid as you are conservative, ignorant, and blind.

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Vince Young will laugh his wonderlesslick ass to the bank! Book it! :elephant

chode_regulator
03-25-2006, 12:29 PM
the only thing hurting VY is all the teams who need qb's are already going out and getting them. but even still i dont see him falling out of top 5. i think not picking VY for one of the top 5 teams could place the GM for one of those teams as the stupidest person ever, and vie for one of the worst draft mistakes ever.

Brutalis
03-25-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah marino was a pretty shitty qb himself - he got a 16.
Comparing Young to Marino?

LMAO! :lol

slayermin
03-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Run and Pass? Yes, I would say so.

But the best running quarterback I have ever witnessed was Jamel Holloway. That dude was incredible running the wishbone.

I have heard from some older football fans that Roger Staubach was an absolute madman at the Naval academy. I wish I could have seen him play.