PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Carmelo is one of the most overrated players in the game today

TDfan2007
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I've said this before, but it bears repeating. He's on par with Marc Gasol, if not worse, as far as being overrated goes.

Everybody constantly runs around and calls him the greatest scorer in the league, etc, but what he really is is a high-volume chucker with almost no court vision/defensive ability. He's also a very subpar playoff performer.

JamStone
05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
He may be overrated, a chucker, and a subpar playoff performer, but I do believe that he's the best scorer in the league. A guy that shoots a lot of jumpers will have inefficient games. That's just part of being a jumpshooter. But the combination of skills he has offensively and his ability to score in any variety of ways really does make him the best scorer in the league in my opinion, chucker or not. I don't disagree with your other criticisms of him. But as far as scoring ability, for my money, Melo's the best.

Phillip
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
He may be overrated, a chucker, and a subpar playoff performer, but I do believe that he's the best scorer in the league. A guy that shoots a lot of jumpers will have inefficient games. That's just part of being a jumpshooter. But the combination of skills he has offensively and his ability to score in any variety of ways really does make him the best scorer in the league in my opinion, chucker or not. I don't disagree with your other criticisms of him. But as far as scoring ability, for my money, Melo's the best.

this

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I've never been a fan of Anthony, but he's one of only 2 players on his team that can consistently create his own offense, tbh..

The Knicks offensive system is poor, they rely on isolation ball that opens up their 3-point shooting..not only is Carmelo one of their only shot creators, but he's also one of only 2 interior scorers on the team..

Anthony's ability to effectively play the PF position is actually the primary reason for the Knicks success this year, tbh..it makes them difficult to defend, it allows them to play an additional guard(which is where their depth lies), and it allows everybody to be comfortable on defense..

He's certainly a chucker that needs to improve his passing and needs to be mentally stronger, but he's often forced into a role that could only succeed with Lebron and maybe Durant, tbh..

TDfan2007
05-01-2013, 11:31 PM

I feel like in the last two years he's shied away from the versatility that used to mark his game. Every game I watch he's just dribbling with his knees almost locked just trying to set up a pull-up jumper. He rarely posts up or attacks the basket anymore. On the rare occasion that he actually posts up, he settles for the fadeaway too often when he could just bull his way to the basket.

As far as pure scoring is concerned I'd still rank Durant ahead of him, btw.

da_suns_fan
05-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I've said this before, but it bears repeating. He's on par with Marc Gasol, if not worse, as far as being overrated goes.

Everybody constantly runs around and calls him the greatest scorer in the league, etc, but what he really is is a high-volume chucker with almost no court vision/defensive ability. He's also a very subpar playoff performer.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........dont you dare go against the status quo on THIS FORUM!!

It doesnt matter if you shoot 39% as long as you can look good getting your own shot off. Who cares if it goes in?!!!

da_suns_fan
05-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I've never been a fan of Anthony, but he's one of only 2 players on his team that can consistently create his own offense, tbh..

The Knicks offensive system is poor, they rely on isolation ball that opens up their 3-point shooting..not only is Carmelo one of their only shot creators, but he's also one of only 2 interior scorers on the team..

Anthony's ability to effectively play the PF position is actually the primary reason for the Knicks success this year, tbh..it makes them difficult to defend, it allows them to play an additional guard(which is where their depth lies), and it allows everybody to be comfortable on defense..

He's certainly a chucker that needs to improve his passing and needs to be mentally stronger, but he's often forced into a role that could only succeed with Lebron and maybe Durant, tbh..

Chris Paul. James Harden. Kobe Bryant. Tony Parker. Dwayne Wade. Stephen Curry.

da_suns_fan
05-01-2013, 11:37 PM
this

Hahhaa....faggot!

100%duncan
05-01-2013, 11:41 PM
What Jamstone and HH said tbh.

TDfan2007
05-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........dont you dare go against the status quo on THIS FORUM!!

It doesnt matter if you shoot 39% as long as you can look good getting your own shot off. Who cares if it goes in?!!!

There's going against the status quo, and then there's being a moron. Unfortunately most of your takes fit the bill of the latter.

Fergie The Florists
05-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Very overrated, Blake is challenging for that spot though.

Raven
05-02-2013, 01:28 AM
he's one of the players who's game i dislike the most, but i do agree he's the second best shooter in the league. He should prove it in the PO too, though. Also i have to mention again how much i dislike everything about his game (including his shooting go-to moves).

Latarian Milton
05-02-2013, 02:10 AM
guy is arguably the best scorer in the league today (bron can certainly score even more if he wants, but he knows that's not the best way to help his team) but his incompetence in defense often hurts the team more than he helps at the offensive end imho

DAF86
05-02-2013, 03:35 AM

Durant is the best scorer by far. He makes scoring look easy as fuck.

Brunodf
05-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Grass is green. Durant/Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carmelo.
:lol"Best scorer" miss more shots than makes

mercos
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Melo is slightly overrated imo. Even when he gets praise, its usually just as the best pure scorer in the league, denoting his lack of talent elsewhere. However, I think Durant is a better pure scorer than Melo, so he is overrated in that regard.

da_suns_fan
05-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 3h
Maybe my favorite stat so far: Carmelo has taken an NBA-high 69 mid-range J's in the playoffs. The Rockets as a team? 46.

Just more of the same. Melo doesnt shoot a sucky percentage because of his "responsibilities" as idiots around here will have you believe. He sucks because he takes so many shit shots.