PDA

View Full Version : Warren Moon: " Tebow Can't Play QB In CFL"

AaronY
05-02-2013, 12:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9234640/warren-moon-tim-tebow-throwing-not-cut-cfl

Spur-Addict
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7zaZ7Qm93hs/UPoje2rZgGI/AAAAAAAAHO0/rC56ju3AvQo/s1600/shots-fired_generic.jpg

Clipper Nation
05-02-2013, 01:10 PM
He's right, tbh.... you need to be able to consistently put up 4,000+ yard seasons to be a successful quarterback in the CFL.... meanwhile, Tebow can't even throw a football :lol

AaronY
05-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Must be kinda weird being a quarterback when you suck at throwing the ball.

benefactor
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
These QB's that are too proud to become TE/HB's are annoying.

:cry if I can't be a QB I don't want to be paid to play football :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah Denard Robinson is the only one who seems completely accepting of the fact he's not gonna play QB in the NFL.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Trent Steelman also seems fine with it. But then again, he probably just wants to get signing bonus before they ship him off to the Navy for 2-7 years.

JoeTait75
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
I was going to rag on Moon for saying this about a white QB when he might not say it about a black QB... then I realized he's probably right.

Tebow should just suck it up and play H-back. He'd probably be pretty good at it.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
If Tebow were black, Moon wouldn't have said this. That what annoys me.

Avante
05-02-2013, 05:53 PM
If Tebow can rule the SEC he can play in the CFL. Alabama could beat most CFL teams.

Just look at all those mediocre USA college QB 's that have played in the CFL over the years. Hell yes Tebow who has won NFL playoff games can play in the CFL. There are CFL QB's who played American college football nobody here has ever heard of.

Didn't Tebow take the Broncos further in the playoffs than Peyton Manning and he can't beat the Stampeders, the Tiger Cats, just the Steelers? If Damon Allen can own the CFL, Tim Tebow can play.

Those down on black QB's need to know that tons and tons and tons of black QB's have played in the CFL.

J.T.
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Tebow's "value" is so inflated because Josh McDaniels mother fucking reached for the starts by taking is ass in the 1st round. If he was drafted in the 5th round like Denard Robinson he'd probably be ordered to change positions and do as he is told. Biggest mistake any NFL executive ever made was paying that dude 1st round money.

J.T.
05-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Didn't Tebow take the Broncos further in the playoffs than Peyton Manning and he can't beat the Stampeders, the Tiger Cats, just the Steelers? If Damon Allen can own the CFL, Tim Tebow can play.

Tebow got bailed out by Demaryius Thomas just like Russell Wilson got bailed out by RG3's knee exploding. Saying that either is a proven playoff winner is bullshit at this point. Every now and then the CFL produces a good player who makes it to the NFL but it's poor man's football the same way coffee is poor man's cocaine.

Avante
05-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Tebow got bailed out by Demaryius Thomas just like Russell Wilson got bailed out by RG3's knee exploding. Saying that either is a proven playoff winner is bullshit at this point. Every now and then the CFL produces a good player who makes it to the NFL but it's poor man's football the same way coffee is poor man's cocaine.

And if not for an amazing catch by David Tyree....

If not for Santonio Holmes making an incredible catch in the corner of....

If an obvious holding penalty is called. the Niners are....

Want me to go and on and on and on?

Bottom line is that Tim Tebow has won at every level he's played at, now the CFL is too much for him, hahahaha!!!!!! You have any idea how many QB 's have played in the CFL that couldn't make an NFL roster under any circumstances? I could toss out names you've never heard of. Tim Tebow can play in the CFL, no doubt about it at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Tebow didn't take Denver further than Manning did. They both took Denver to the divisional round. Are you fuckin retarded?

Avante
05-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Tebow didn't take Denver further than Manning did. They both took Denver to the divisional round. Are you fuckin retarded?

Hahahahaha, the only guy here who actually knows the CFL, yep...retarded.

Ok, Tebow did just as much as Peyton Manning, and can't play CFL football? The CFL Champion would have a hard time beating the NCAA champion.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Yep the guy who made shit up about tebow going further than manning is retarded.

benefactor
05-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Eh...it doesn't annoy me as much as it used to. The majority of black people will side with their own no matter what the circumstances are...and that's not being racist that just being honest. I've come to the point where I just accept it.

Avante
05-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Yep the guy who made shit up about tebow going further than manning is retarded.

Dude, ya try way too hard, ok?

Tebow lost on the road, Manning at home.

Avante
05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Eh...it doesn't annoy me as much as it used to. The majority of black people will side with their own no matter what the circumstances are...and that's not being racist that just being honest. I've come to the point where I just accept it.

You really believe that? So tell me why do all this white owners/coachs draft all those black players ahead of white ones? Why isn't Alex Smith still starting for the Niners?

benefactor
05-02-2013, 07:50 PM
You really believe that? So tell me what do all this white owners/coachs draft all those black players ahead of white ones? Why isn't Alex Smith still starting for the Niners?
I live in the real working world. I'm not some old fart who hasn't left his house since 1975.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Dude, ya try way too hard, ok?

Tebow lost on the road, Manning at home.
You're the one making stuff up to try to justify your argument. That's trying too hard.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 07:53 PM

You're right. My father likes Tebow, but I think he kind of considers him the token white guy among black quarterbacks. He uses Vince Young in the same sentence as Tebow most of the time. He's always like, "Ain't nothing wrong with Tebow or Vince Young. They just didn't get a chance." It's hard to take my father seriously when talking about football nowadays, especially since he also really thinks Graham Harrell's going to be a franchise quarterback soon.:lol

Avante
05-02-2013, 07:56 PM
You're the one making stuff up to try to justify your argument. That's trying too hard.

Making shit up or simply forgetting a game?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Making shit up or simply forgetting a game?
Now you're making excuses. Trying too hard again.

Avante
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I live in the real working world. I'm not some old fart who hasn't left his house since 1975.

Well then you must be blind, deaf and dumb. Its not like that at all and if you knew anything about you'd know that. The bottom line is $$$$$$$$$$$$$, nobody gives a fuck about color, it's about who can help make that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. So keep your head stuck two feet up your ass moron.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Now you're making excuses. Trying too hard again.

You really think I thought nobody here knew what you knew? I really did forget that Denver won a playoff game with Manning. Yep....DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Trill Clinton
05-02-2013, 08:03 PM

u serious??? tebow is horrible, no way around it. moon was just keepin' it real. unlike tebow, cam newton actually has a bright future in the nfl.

benefactor
05-02-2013, 08:03 PM
You do understand that I'm not just talking about football. It's a general unspoken code among them. Ask anyone with a black person in any type supervisory role where they work and they will tell you the same thing.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
You really believe that? So tell me why do all this white owners/coachs draft all those black players ahead of white ones? Why isn't Alex Smith still starting for the Niners?

Man, I don't even get what you're trying to say here.

He said that black people support their own more than they should at times. I can say from experience that he's right. You respond by showing white people who support black people. How does that address what he said at all?

If anything, he's saying blacks support blacks, and you're saying whites support money. I'm pretty sure both of those views can coexist just fine.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
You really think I thought nobody here knew what you knew? I really did forget that Denver won a playoff game with Manning. Yep....DUH!!!!!!!!!!
They didn't win a playoff game, they had a first round bye, like the top two teams in every conference get every year.

Do you watch football at all?

Chinook
05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
u serious??? tebow is horrible, no way around it. moon was just keepin' it real. unlike tebow, cam newton actually has a bright future in the nfl.

Moon wouldn't have said anything if Tebow were black. Moon's right in his analysis; he just wouldn't told the media that if Tebow weren't a white monkeyballer, for lack of a better term.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:07 PM
They didn't win a playoff game, they had a first round bye, like the top two teams in every conference get every year.

Do you watch football at all?

That's it and thank you.

So it's Tim Tebow did win a playoff game for Denver while Manning couldn't.

I knew something was wacked. Not being a Denver fan ya understand.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 08:08 PM
That's it and thank you.

So it's Tim Tebow did win a playoff game for Denver while Manning couldn't.

I knew something was wacked.
So now you're moving the goal posts after making two different things up.

You must be foaming at the mouth right now.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
So now you're moving the goal posts after making two different things up.

You must be foaming at the mouth right now.

No not at all.

I was just thinking how Tebow beat the Steelers while Manning lost. So it's Tim Tebow won playoff games for Denver, Peyton Manning lost playoff games for Denver so it's...

Tebow 1-1
Manning 0-1

Trill Clinton
05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Moon wouldn't have said anything if Tebow were black. Moon's right in his analysis; he just wouldn't told the media that if Tebow weren't a white monkeyballer, for lack of a better term.

didn't moon play in the cfl? i'm sure he was asked about tebow's chances in the league since he once played in it and knows what it takes to compete in that particular league. you think if tebow was black and moon was asked about his chances he would have said "no comment"?

moon doesn't strike me as the type of black male who would do something ignorant like that.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Warren Moon has been around for a long time he's way beyond that sort of thing. He doesn't care about color, way past that stage.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 08:13 PM
No not at all.

I was just thinking how Tebow beat the Steelers while Manning lost. So it's Tim Tebow won playoff games for Denver, Peyton Manning lost playoff games for Denver so it's...

Tebow 1-1
Manning 0-1
Your argument went from Tebow went further than Manning to Tebow won more playoff games.

Classic goal post move.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Your argument went from Tebow went further than Manning to Tebow won more playoff games.

Classic goal post move.

It isn't REAL obvious I forgot about the bye?

Bottom line....Tebow wins his playoff game in Denver, Manning loses his, you disagree?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
It isn't REAL obvious I forgot about the bye?

Bottom line....Tebow wins his playoff game in Denver, Manning loses his, you disagree?
I didn't have a stake in the argument.

My only point is that you know jack shit, which is evident by the fact I had to make your argument for you because you're a senile old fuck who forgot what happened a year ago.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
didn't moon play in the cfl? i'm sure he was asked about tebow's chances in the league since he once played in it and knows what it takes to compete in that particular league. you think if tebow was black and moon was asked about his chances he would have said "no comment"?

moon doesn't strike me as the type of black male who would do something ignorant like that.

Had they asked about Denard Robinson's chances, Moon probably would have been diplomatic about that sort of thing. Something like, "We'll see. He's still young and has time to find his way." For Tebow, he was honest. It's not so much about him attacking white players as much as it's his strong aversion to criticizing black quarterbacks.

Warren Moon has been around for a long time he's way beyond that sort of thing. He doesn't care about color, way past that stage.

That's not true. Moon was around when it actually was likely that race could keep a player from getting a chance. He was called every name in the book, considered too dumb for the position. He didn't go to Canada because his mechanics needed work; he went because no team wanted him with his obvious "flaw."

He has the scorn of a black man who's dealt with real racism, just like Bill Russell. I don't think he has anything against white people, but he definitely doesn't think that black quarterbacks are criticized fairly. So he goes soft on them, just like he did with Cam Newton early last season. He's just been through too much to be objective.

Trill Clinton
05-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Had they asked about Denard Robinson's chances, Moon probably would have been diplomatic about that sort of thing. Something like, "We'll see. He's still young and has time to find his way." For Tebow, he was honest. It's not so much about him attacking white players as much as it's his strong aversion to criticizing black quarterbacks.

That's not true. Moon was around when it actually was likely that race could keep a player from getting a chance. He was called every name in the book, considered too dumb for the position. He didn't go to Canada because his mechanics needed work; he went because no team wanted him with his obvious "flaw."

He has the scorn of a black man who's dealt with real racism, just like Bill Russell. I don't think he has anything against white people, but he definitely doesn't think that black quarterbacks are criticized fairly. So he goes soft on them, just like he did with Cam Newton early last season. He's just been through too much to be objective.

yea that's a reach, fam. denard isn't trying to be a qb. even if denard was as stubborn as tebow about being a qb, i still haven't seen evidence of moon catering to scrub black qb's or scrub qb's in general. did he say jamarcus russel and akili smith were studs or something? moon is a class act and wouldn't do something so ignorant just because he shares the same skin color as another player.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I didn't have a stake in the argument.

My only point is that you know jack shit, which is evident by the fact I had to make your argument for you because you're a senile old fuck who forgot what happened a year ago.

I'm not a Bronco fan little man, simply as that. Just talking about Tebow winning and Manning losing when it came playoff time. Do you really want me to school your dumbass on your Patriots ya stupid fuck?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm not a Bronco fan little man, simply as that. Just talking about Tebow winning and Manning losing when it came playoff time. Do you really want me to school your dumbass on your Patriots ya stupid fuck?
No, you weren't talking about that. I pointed it out to you and then you hijacked pretending you thought of it.

lol 6'2" 278

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:33 PM

Dude, I know all about Warren Moon, ok? Saw him play at Washington and the CFL.

At this stage of the game he's smart enought to know how to play it, trust me.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 08:35 PM
yea that's a reach, fam. denard isn't trying to be a qb. even if denard was as stubborn as tebow about being a qb, i still haven't seen evidence of moon catering to scrub black qb's or scrub qb's in general. did he say jamarcus russel and akili smith were studs or something? moon is a class act and wouldn't do something so ignorant just because he shares the same skin color as another player.

As I said, he just doesn't comment. It's not like he pretends bad quarterbacks are good; he is just inclined to see the best in them, and he doesn't take kindly to the media criticizing young black quarterbacks. I'm sure it's not a simple race thing; he probably identifies with them. The thing is, Moon did suffer unfair criticism for years. Even now, he doesn't really get the praise he deserves, and who knows what stats he'd've had had he been allowed to play in the NFL his whole career? Quarterbacks today don't undergo the same stereotyping he went through, but he doesn't really see it that way.

Avante
05-02-2013, 08:35 PM
No, you weren't talking about that. I pointed it out to you and then you hijacked pretending you thought of it.

lol 6'2" 278

Hell if I wasn't, that's exactly what I was talking about. Tebow outplaying Manning in the playoffs. Yep, forgot the bye.

Actually 6-2 276 today.

AaronY
05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Lol @ the death rattle of Tebow's fan base..just fucking die already, guys a fucking scrub. Move the fuck on

Chinook
05-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Dude, I know all about Warren Moon, ok? Saw him play at Washington and the CFL.

At this stage of the game he's smart enought to know how to play it, trust me.

What does that have to do with the psychology of a black man that goes through discrimination? You're supposed to understand that type of thing more than most people here. But you seem to have missed the 50s, 60s and 70s, or you must have not been in the South for those decades. That racial conflict is etched in the minds of everyone (of all races) who was on the front lines to it. It defines the way they think. It doesn't make them bad people, or even racist people. But they notice things that those of us who weren't exposed to that never really think about.

If you want to give a history lesson, fine. But don't whip out Wikipedia stats or Youtube videos. Warren Moon the man and Warren Moon the quarterback were in many ways different people.

AaronY
05-02-2013, 08:49 PM
God should take Tebow up to heaven with him..end the suffering of this fan base

Avante
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
What does that have to do with the psychology of a black man that goes through discrimination? You're supposed to understand that type of thing more than most people here. But you seem to have missed the 50s, 60s and 70s, or you must have not been in the South for those decades. That racial conflict is etched in the minds of everyone (of all races) who was on the front lines to it. It defines the way they think. It doesn't make them bad people, or even racist people. But they notice things that those of us who weren't exposed to that never really think about.

If you want to give a history lesson, fine. But don't whip out Wikipedia stats or Youtube videos. Warren Moon the man and Warren Moon the quarterback were in many ways different people.

And you sat down and talked to Mr, Moon about this when? Don't act like you know what the guy is all about, when you don't. You have no idea what his thoughts are. So cool acting like you do.

And I'm probaly the only one here who actually lived the 50's, 60's............................

Avante
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Lol @ the death rattle of Tebow's fan base..just fucking die already, guys a fucking scrub. Move the fuck on

Denver has a playoff game with him they win, they havre a playoff game with Manning, they lose. Yep, he's just a scrub.

AaronY
05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
"Hi, I'm Ed Werder live from Montreal Alhouettes training camp..." Ugh..

Clipper Nation
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
If Tebow can rule the SEC he can play in the CFL. Alabama could beat most CFL teams.

Just look at all those mediocre USA college QB 's that have played in the CFL over the years. Hell yes Tebow who has won NFL playoff games can play in the CFL. There are CFL QB's who played American college football nobody here has ever heard of.

Those down on black QB's need to know that tons and tons and tons of black QB's have played in the CFL.
Thing is, the scrubs who end up in Canada can throw a football.... have you even watched a CFL game? The running game is nearly nonexistent and it's a wide-open passing league... again, Tebow's throwing motion and accuracy are fucking putrid and will never even be mediocre, let alone good....

Avante
05-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I was watching the CFL when George Reed was running over everyone, that leagues Jim Brown.

Henry Burris (black cat) who spent one season on the bench of the Chicago Bears was the CFL's best QB last season, he went to Temple. He can make it but Tim Tebow can't?

Any CFL team who wanted Tebow would be thinking off an offense for his skill set. Sure some changes would have to be made but so what. And no not all those scrubs could throw the footbal, if they could throw the football they wouldn't be in the CFL.

A Heisman winning SEC QB who has won an NFL playoff game can't play in the CFL??? Keep in mind he's now in with CFL defenses.

J.T.
05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Bottom line is that Tim Tebow has won at every level he's played at, now the CFL is too much for him, hahahaha!!!!!! You have any idea how many QB 's have played in the CFL that couldn't make an NFL roster under any circumstances? I could toss out names you've never heard of. Tim Tebow can play in the CFL, no doubt about it at all.

And just like any other time you've done that, no one other than you will give a shit. Tebow has zero Super Bowl rings. He hasn't won shit at the NFL level.

A Heisman winning SEC QB who has won an NFL playoff game can't play in the CFL??? Keep in mind he's now in with CFL defenses.

Also the Heisman doesn't mean dick anymore. It goes to the QB or RB on the best SEC team...aka hardly ever to the guy that deserves it. RG3, the most recent exception, won the Heisman and his knee exploded in the NFL. But that had more to do with him being a black quarterback and his coach treating him like one.

Avante
05-03-2013, 12:01 AM
And just like any other time you've done that, no one other than you will give a shit. Tebow has zero Super Bowl rings. He hasn't won shit at the NFL level.

My bad, I keep forgetting, keep it simple.

Now tell me, how many CFL QB's had won rings and did shit at the NFL level? When has Tim Tebow faced CFL defenses?

How many rings did...

Fran Tarkenton
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Donovan McNabb
Randall Cunningham

...win?

Well I'll take a Heisman wining SEC/NFL playoff winning QB everyday of the week over some cat from Temple who didn't do shit in college or the NFL yet is a stud/star in the CFL anyway.

You really need to cool all this...black QB...bullshit, wasn't the first QB taken in the draft black, how about the second?

J.T.
05-03-2013, 12:10 AM
My bad, I keep forgetting, keep it simple.

Now tell me, how many CFL QB's had won rings and did shit at the NFL level? When has Tim Tebow faced CFL defenses?

How many rings did...

Fran Tarkenton
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Donovan McNabb
Randall Cunningham

...win?

Tebow can face all the CFL defenses he wants, won't make him a better NFL quarterback at all. And at least all those guys could throw. I have a better throwing motion than Tebow and I haven't thrown a football since like, October.

Avante
05-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Tebow can face all the CFL defenses he wants, won't make him a better NFL quarterback at all. And at least all those guys could throw. I have a better throwing motion than Tebow and I haven't thrown a football since like, October.

Who is talking about him as an NFLer? I'm talking about him in the CFL, you didn't get that?

What do you know about the current crop of CFL QB's, I'm guessing nothing and I'm not trying to be cute/smart. Nobody there came out of college anywhere renotely close to Tim Tebow. Now all of a sudden they all became great while Tebow fell apart? Ah, nope! You bring up any of those CFLers into the NFL and they'd suck. They excell in the CFL for a reason........CFL defenses. Tebow would flourish just like all those.."who?" Yes, there are stars there nobody here has ever heard of.

J.T.
05-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Who is talking about him as an NFLer? I'm talking about him in the CFL, you didn't get that?

What do you know about the current crop of CFL QB's, I'm guessing nothing and I'm not trying to be cute/smart. Nobody there came out of college anywhere renotely close to Tim Tebow. Now all of a sudden they all became great while Tebow fell apart? Ah, nope! You bring up any of those CFLers into the NFL and they'd suck. They excell in the CFL for a reason........CFL defenses. Tebow would flourish just like all those.."who?"

I don't love football enough to give a shit about professional football in Canada tbh so you can go ahead and call me out on that all you want. Colts brought Jerrell Freeman out the CFL last year and he instantly became the best inside linebacker on our team and one of the leading tacklers in the AFC so I guess CFL defenses suck enough dick to make Tebow look good right?

Avante
05-03-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't love football enough to give a shit about professional football in Canada tbh so you can go ahead and call me out on that all you want.

Then why post in a thread about Tebow and the CFL?

J.T.
05-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Then why post in a thread about Tebow and the CFL?

Why is it that when you make bullshit claims in threads... like in this one how you said Tebow's a winner everywhere he goes... and I respond to that with truth bombs, your contingency plan is always "Then why post about Y in a thread about X?"

Avante
05-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Why is it that when you make bullshit claims in threads... like in this one how you said Tebow's a winner everywhere he goes... and I respond to that with truth bombs, your contingency plan is always "Then why post about Y in a thread about X?"

He is a winner everywhere he goes if given a chance. Don't get silly with...well he never won the Superbowl....come on dude. You have any idea how many QB's never won the Superbowl?

You work way too hard trying to..."I just gotta prove this guy wrong"...when it's very obvious I do my homework. Why not drop that silly shit and learn something.

You're a Colts fan yet no way you can talk...

Curtis Dickey
Lenny Lyles
Roger Carr
Jimmy Orr
Bubba Smith
Johnny Samples

.......that's how far apart we are.

Clipper Nation
05-03-2013, 12:55 AM
You bring up any of those CFLers into the NFL and they'd suck. They excell in the CFL for a reason........CFL defenses.

Cameron Wake, Brendon Ayanbadejo, and Brandon Browner all come to mind as recent CFL defensive players who have had success switching over to the NFL.....

Not to mention, guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theismann, and Joe Horn had no problem continuing to shit on opposing defenses when moving from the CFL to the NFL....

Tebow would still get completely shat on up north, dumbass :lol

Avante
05-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Cameron Wake, Brendon Ayanbadejo, and Brandon Browner all come to mind as recent CFL defensive players who have had success switching over to the NFL.....

Not to mention, guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theismann, and Joe Horn had no problem continuing to shit on opposing defenses when moving from the CFL to the NFL....

Tebow would still get completely shat on up north, dumbass :lol

No he wouldn't you just showed all the good defenders are leaving...hahahaha!!!!!!!! Fucking moron!

Dude, if you can play in the SEC you can play in the CFL, I know I know you don't get it and I;m not surprised. Those SEC defenses are better than what we see in the CFL. Ya see little guy the CFL gets all those guys the NFL doesn't want....honest! Yes we''ll see the once awhile fluke, but it's rare.

You have any idea how many athletes have played in the CFL? Yet here you are trying to make some point using six players, hahaha!!!!!!!!!! Hell guy lets talk Cookie Gilchrist who went straight from HS to the CFL, then off the Buffalo Bills to become te first 1000 yard rusher in the old AFL. Wanna talk about Leo Lewis senior?

I feel so old talking to you, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

leemajors
05-03-2013, 05:10 AM

exiled to the garage, unable to a word in edgewise at home in years, Avante turns to the internet...

J.T.
05-03-2013, 12:45 PM
He is a winner everywhere he goes if given a chance. Don't get silly with...well he never won the Superbowl....come on dude. You have any idea how many QB's never won the Superbowl?

You work way too hard trying to..."I just gotta prove this guy wrong"...when it's very obvious I do my homework. Why not drop that silly shit and learn something.

You're a Colts fan yet no way you can talk...

Curtis Dickey
Lenny Lyles
Roger Carr
Jimmy Orr
Bubba Smith
Johnny Samples

.......that's how far apart we are.

Avante, I give zero fucks how much you know about Colts players and history that happened before I was alive. Zero fucks. Keep rubbing it in my face. It gives you a boner. It makes me laugh. That's how far apart we really are.

BobaFett1
05-03-2013, 12:47 PM

Trill is right. Teebow sucks. Good guy but horrible NFL qB.

Chinook
05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
And you sat down and talked to Mr, Moon about this when? Don't act like you know what the guy is all about, when you don't. You have no idea what his thoughts are. So cool acting like you do.

And I'm probaly the only one here who actually lived the 50's, 60's............................

And you're going to pretend like that phenomenon doesn't exist with black people that lived back then? Show enough respect to Moon to talk about his struggle, and don't reduce him down to whatever ideal you want him to fit for you.

If you don't think Moon's experience hasn't clouded his judgment, look up some of the things he's said to the media. He defends a lot of terrible quarterbacks, in Russell, Young, Newton and now Geno Smith. It's not that his horribly off in his critiques (though he is sometimes); it's just that his bias comes through clearly.

BobaFett1
05-03-2013, 06:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Lewis_(American_football)

One of the greats from Mizzou.:toast

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2013, 10:55 AM
No he wouldn't you just showed all the good defenders are leaving...hahahaha!!!!!!!! Fucking moron!

Dude, if you can play in the SEC you can play in the CFL, I know I know you don't get it and I;m not surprised. Those SEC defenses are better than what we see in the CFL. Ya see little guy the CFL gets all those guys the NFL doesn't want....honest! Yes we''ll see the once awhile fluke, but it's rare.

You have any idea how many athletes have played in the CFL? Yet here you are trying to make some point using six players, hahaha!!!!!!!!!! Hell guy lets talk Cookie Gilchrist who went straight from HS to the CFL, then off the Buffalo Bills to become te first 1000 yard rusher in the old AFL. Wanna talk about Leo Lewis senior?

I feel so old talking to you, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

One thing you're not realizing is in the CFL he wont have Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper and a slew of NFL 1st round picks blocking for him. That's not even mentioning David Nelson who has had success in the NFL.

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Denver has a playoff game with him they win, they havre a playoff game with Manning, they lose. Yep, he's just a scrub.

Are you intentionally this stupid? Two completely different games...it took a hail mary and a complete fuck up by Denver's safety for them to not win that game. While against Pittsburgh the Broncos defense kept them in the game and then one of the best WR's in the league took a short pass to the endzone.

Old guys like you get so caught up with being a "winner" and the "clutch gene" that you probably thought John Skelton was going to have a good season because he had a winning record the year before.

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I hope a plane crashes into whatever public library Avante's dumb homeless ass posts from

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-04-2013, 11:58 AM
One thing you're not realizing is in the CFL he wont have Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper and a slew of NFL 1st round picks blocking for him. That's not even mentioning David Nelson who has had success in the NFL.
He also won't have a defense with Brandon Spikes, Carlos Dunlap, Jermaine Cunningham, Major Wright, Joe Haden, Janoris Jenkins, Will Hill, etc. that makes it so scoring 21 points is usually good enough for the win :lol

Blake
05-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I hope a plane crashes into whatever public library Avante's dumb homeless ass posts from

and who would be flying the plane, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Islam!

#Avante

Blake
05-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Keep rubbing it in my face. It gives you a boner. It makes me laugh.

we all know what you mean, but lol.

FkLA
05-04-2013, 04:59 PM
:cry come play for the Talons Tebow :cry

Avante
05-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Are you intentionally this stupid? Two completely different games...it took a hail mary and a complete fuck up by Denver's safety for them to not win that game. While against Pittsburgh the Broncos defense kept them in the game and then one of the best WR's in the league took a short pass to the endzone.

Old guys like you get so caught up with being a "winner" and the "clutch gene" that you probably thought John Skelton was going to have a good season because he had a winning record the year before.

Football is football, the team with the best athletes....WINS!!!!!!! Not surprised yor dumb ass doesn't know that.

Dude, dude, dude, hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Come on man, hell we can't play this silly...well if this and that hadn't happened and.....that's football. I say..."if they call that penalty the Niners win:"...and I'm a moron. See how that shit works?

Stupid is thinking a guy who excellled in the SEC, won NFL games can't play vs the lack of talent CFL, that's totally stupid. Look at the QB 's in the CFL (doubt you can name any) none of them are on a par with Tim Tebow.

Avante
05-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Let me see the hands of those who have watched 4 CFL games in the last 4 years.

Pay attention people...

Who thinks any of those CFL QB's can start in the NFL? Anyone remember (of course not) Dieter Brock who came out of the CFL to the Rams? How'd he do? Yes Warren Moon is the big exception. Then there's Joe Kapp who is a lot like Tebow, he did...ok. If the star QB's in the CFL were facing NFL caliber defenses things would be totally different and it works the other way also, put Tebow up against CFL defenses, yep totally different deal.

I'm betting none of you watch the CFL yet just know that Tebow can't make there basing it on his NFL days, how ridiculous is that? The CFL Champion would have their hands full with .....Alabama.

Save the silly...oh yeah well Billy Bob made it...sure he did, now how about the other 96% of the league?

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Football is football, the team with the best athletes....WINS!!!!!!! Not surprised yor dumb ass doesn't know that.

Dude, dude, dude, hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Come on man, hell we can't play this silly...well if this and that hadn't happened and.....that's football. I say..."if they call that penalty the Niners win:"...and I'm a moron. See how that shit works?

Stupid is thinking a guy who excellled in the SEC, won NFL games can't play vs the lack of talent CFL, that's totally stupid. Look at the QB 's in the CFL (doubt you can name any) none of them are on a par with Tim Tebow.

The fuck are you trying to say?

Avante
05-04-2013, 05:38 PM
The fuck are you trying to say?

Basically.....you don't know shit. You don't even watch the CFL.

Chinook
05-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Here's the problem. Tebow probably could be successful in the CFL running the Florida offense. They managed to score a lot of points, so maybe they could keep up with the CFL's passing teams. But if Tebow still wants to play in the NFL, he can't go back to that offense. He needs to learn how to be a traditional quarterback to make it to the NFL, but when push comes to shove, he's not good enough at doing that to be a starter in any league.

So he has a choice in front of him. Remain a gimmick quarterback and have a potentially long career in Cananda with no chance to going back to the NFL, or try to learn how to be a pocket passer and risk losing a chance to start anywhere. Or, he could switch positions and buy himself a few years. But that's no sure thing, either.

Avante
05-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Here's the problem. Tebow probably could be successful in the CFL running the Florida offense. They managed to score a lot of points, so maybe they could keep up with the CFL's passing teams. But if Tebow still wants to play in the NFL, he can't go back to that offense. He needs to learn how to be a traditional quarterback to make it to the NFL, but when push comes to shove, he's not good enough at doing that to be a starter in any league.

So he has a choice in front of him. Remain a gimmick quarterback and have a potentially long career in Cananda with no chance to going back to the NFL, or try to learn how to be a pocket passer and risk losing a chance to start anywhere. Or, he could switch positions and buy himself a few years. But that's no sure thing, either.

I can't disagree with any of that. Sure!

But....this is about can he play in the CFL, hell yes he can play in that caliber of football and it's actually pretty obvious. Sure twek a few things, wow big deal. One more time............anyone who did what he did in the SEC can play in the low rent CFL. Those defenses might have one player out there who has NFL potential, that means a lot.

What it is is that nobody in this thread even watchs the CFL they are thinking about Tebow vs the NFL...HUGE...difference.

Kid out of a local high school (Tulare Union) named Dominique Dorsey, little cat, super quick, he didn't get out of training camp with the Redskins, he's running all over the CFL. Then there was Gizmo Williams, star return man in the CFL, came to the NFL....POOF!!!!!

The difference in the size with speed thang is the biggie.

Chinook
05-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I can't disagree with any of that. Sure!

But....this is about can he play in the CFL, hell yes he can play in that caliber of football and it's actually pretty obvious. Sure twek a few things, wow big deal. One more time............anyone who did what he did in the SEC can play in the low rent CFL. Those defenses might have one player out there who has NFL potential, that means a lot.

What it is is that nobody in this thread even watchs the CFL they are thinking about Tebow vs the NFL...HUGE...difference.

Kid out of a local high school (Tulare Union) named Dominique Dorsey, little cat, super quick, he didn't get out of training camp with the Redskins, he's running all over the CFL. Then there was Gizmo Williams, star return man in the CFL, came to the NFL....POOF!!!!!

I'm sure Tebow could run all over the CFL. Hell, he ran all over the NFL a couple of years ago. But I imagine he'd just go to show people here that he can be a traditional quarterback. I don't think that will work out, even against lesser competition.

If Tebow goes over there and plays like he's used to, he'll be fine. But if he expects to be the next Moon or even Flutie, I don't think he'll ever have enough success passing the ball to warrant any NFL team bringing him back.

He may as well try it, though. He could probably win enough games and he's popular enough to buy himself a few years as a starter. He better have a good position coach with him. though.

Avante
05-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm sure Tebow could run all over the CFL. Hell, he ran all over the NFL a couple of years ago. But I imagine he'd just go to show people here that he can be a traditional quarterback. I don't think that will work out, even against lesser competition.

If Tebow goes over there and plays like he's used to, he'll be fine. But if he expects to be the next Moon or even Flutie, I don't think he'll ever have enough success passing the ball to warrant any NFL team bringing him back.

He may as well try it, though. He could probably win enough games and he's popular enough to buy himself a few years as a starter. He better have a good position coach with him. though.

I'm agreeing with you, we both think he can play in the CFL.

This has nothing to do with him getting back into the NFL.

Chinook
05-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm agreeing with you, we both think he can play in the CFL.

This has nothing to do with him getting back into the NFL.

I know we're agreeing. I'm saying that he might not end up making it in the CFL, though, if he tries to change himself too much (stops running and tries to pass 60 times a game like other CFL quarterbacks do). He'd probably try to do that, since I think he'd only go to Canada if he thought it would help him get another shot to play quarterback in the NFL. This why I feel like bringing up the NFL is relevant.

So I think Moon is also right. I think Tebow's a good enough player to make it as a quarterback in the CFL, but I don't think he's a good enough passer to make it as a pocket-passer, even in the CFL.

Avante
05-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I know we're agreeing. I'm saying that he might not end up making it in the CFL, though, if he tries to change himself too much (stops running and tries to pass 60 times a game like other CFL quarterbacks do). He'd probably try to do that, since I think he'd only go to Canada if he thought it would help him get another shot to play quarterback in the NFL. This why I feel like bringing up the NFL is relevant.

So I think Moon is also right. I think Tebow's a good enough player to make it as a quarterback in the CFL, but I don't think he's a good enough passer to make it as a pocket-passer, even in the CFL.

When has he ever been a pocket passer? That has never been his game that's why he's now looking for a job. His game is the threat of the run. He's a big strong kid with decent speed. He can throw good enought vs CFL type defenses. It's pretty obvious he's not an....NFL...caliber QB, but very few are. There are how many billion people out there and only....32...starting NFL QB's. And even some of them suck.

Where people ever got this idea x-ball players actually know the game? Give me a gambler, they know the game.

Chinook
05-04-2013, 07:58 PM
When has he ever been a pocket passer? That has never been his game that's why he's now looking for a job. His game is the threat of the run. He's a big strong kid with decent speed. He can throw good enought vs he's facing CFL type defenses. It's pretty obviouis he's not an....NFL...caliber QB, but very few are. There are how many billion people out there and only....32...starting NFL QB's.

Where people ever got this idea x-ball playes actually know the game? Give me gambler, they know the game.

Tebow thinks he can still be an NFL quarterback, so he's going to try to play like one. I think it's possible that he ends up screwing himself out of a productive career as an option quarterback in the CFL in an effort to become something he's not.

It almost like changing positions. Some players do it out of desperation, and they lose, like, 30 pounds and completely change their bodies. If they don't make it at that new position, they've pretty much screwed themselves over, because they no longer have the body type to play their old position.

That's what was hurting Paul Kruger his first couple of years. The Ravens wanted him to bulk up to play the 5-technique. He wasn't good at it, but he was too heavy to go back to the SLB. It took him another year to lose the weight and get back to form. He was a second-rounder. For guys who are on the fringe of being cut, they often don't get that year to switch back.

If Tebow tries to be a pocket-passer for a year in the CFL and fails, then he might not even get a chance to play as an option quarterback. That's the concern that I would have if I were he.

Avante
05-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Tebow thinks he can still be an NFL quarterback, so he's going to try to play like one. I think it's possible that he ends up screwing himself out of a productive career as an option quarterback in the CFL in an effort to become something he's not.

It almost like changing positions. Some players do it out of desperation, and they lose, like, 30 pounds and completely change their bodies. If they don't make it at that new position, they've pretty much screwed themselves over, because they no longer have the body type to play their old position.

That's what was hurting Paul Kruger his first couple of years. The Ravens wanted him to bulk up to play the 5-technique. He wasn't good at it, but he was too heavy to go back to the SLB. It took him another year to lose the weight and get back to form. He was a second-rounder. For guys who are on the fringe of being cut, they often don't get that year to switch back.

If Tebow tries to be a pocket-passer for a year in the CFL and fails, then he might not even get a chance to play as an option quarterback. That's the concern that I would have if I were he.

Good stuff and I totally agree.

I'm just saying if all those..who?..can play in the CFL so can Tim Tebow who has accomplished more than any of them at all levels, so why not the CFL also?

Chinook
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Good stuff and I totally agree.

I'm just saying if all those..who?..can play in the CFL so can Tim Tebow who has accomplished more than any of them at all levels, so why not the CFL also?

I can definitely agree with that. He has good shot in the very least.

Interesting, though, that the GM for Montreal doesn't think Tebow could be the starter, either.

“We have quarterbacks under contract,” Jim Popp told (http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Alouettes+Popp+would+love+have+Tebow/8312390/story.html) the Montreal Gazette. “We’re going to camp in a month. We’ve got a starting quarterback. I’m not out there enticing or trying to convince [Tebow] to come to Montreal because he’s [not] going to be a starting quarterback. He would be coming to Montreal to be a backup player ... to learn the game and, maybe, in the future, he’ll be able to compete for a starting job.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-tim-tebow-cfl-20130430,0,1245251.story

Since they own his rights, I think that decreases the odds of him making the move to Canada.

Avante
05-05-2013, 02:13 AM
I can definitely agree with that. He has good shot in the very least.

Interesting, though, that the GM for Montreal doesn't think Tebow could be the starter, either.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-tim-tebow-cfl-20130430,0,1245251.story

Since they own his rights, I think that decreases the odds of him making the move to Canada.

What else can he say if he's smart?

Fabbs
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Look Tebow won't make it as a QB, ok got it.
But all the shatting on Tebow is lame. Ryan has lost it as a head coach after his great start in NY.
Not Tebows fault he failed to use him properly.

He won a playoff game on an above average Denver team.
He doesn't suck that bad.

TheCultOfPersonality
05-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I honestly don't understand why this scrub getting cut is a major storyline. It's on par with if Tarvaris Jackson got cut from the Bills.

Avante
05-05-2013, 09:14 PM
All those QB's in the CFL all have one thing in common.....they couldn't make it in the NFL. Now if all those...NFL castoffs none coming remotely close to Tim Tebow when it comes to accomplishments in HS/college/pro football...can make it at that level, so can Tim Tebow. To think a guy who has done what Tebow has done can't play in a rinkydink league full of rejects....????????????????

Do you set Tebow back there in the pocket, helll no, you run an offense where....will he run or pass?....and he would be a big success. Everything (most anyway) off play action and run or pass?

Can he have a long pro football career, of course not. Forget longevity.