PDA

View Full Version : Who else lives in the Bay Area???

manu
05-03-2013, 12:36 AM
In the next several days, my team is gonna be the most hated team in my town.....

So just wondering, anyone else from the Bay area in these forums???

Hope I'm not alone, must embrace the haters together lol!

:flag::flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 12:38 AM
In the next several days, my team is gonna be the most hated team in my town.....

So just wondering, anyone else from the Bay area in these forums???

Hope I'm not alone, must embrace the haters together lol!

:flag::flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

You ain't alone, man. I live in Fairfield and WILL be there for Game 4 when we're going to sweep their asses!

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-03-2013, 12:39 AM
It's funny that the coach is so religious, but the area is one of the least religious places in the U.S.

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 12:45 AM
It's funny that the coach is so religious, but the area is one of the least religious places in the U.S.

Uh, if you're talking about the Bay Area, you're right but if you're talking about just the city of Oakland, you're wrong. Oakland has a large Christian base.

freetiago
05-03-2013, 12:48 AM
also has the biggest homosexual base in America

manu
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
You ain't alone, man. I live in Fairfield and WILL be there for Game 4 when we're going to sweep their asses!

That's wassup!!!! Bay area SPURS Fans RISE UP!!!

My phone is already blowing up right now with haters haha

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
also has the biggest homosexual base in America

Whatever. I'm no bigot so I don't care. I love the SF Bay Area but I also love The Spurs!!!! Spurs in 4! Fuck the Warriors!!!

Kool Bob Love
05-03-2013, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBJtzEKetBM

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 12:54 AM
That's wassup!!!! Bay area SPURS Fans RISE UP!!!

My phone is already blowing up right now with haters haha

Mine's too. Where u from, man? I recently moved to Fairfield. I've lived in SF most of my life. Spurs fan since I can remember, though, turning on the TV when I was a kid and just being caught up with a rookie nicknamed DA ADMIRAL building a class organization that hooked me for life. I make as many games as I can though whenever they come to Northern Cali and play either the Kings or Dubs.

bayareaspursfan
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I live in milpitas. Im gonna get so tired of this spurs hate in the bay lol.

jbspurs
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=SpurPadre;6530112]You ain't alone, man. I live in Fairfield and WILL be there for Game 4 when we're going to sweep their asses![/

Im from Fairfield too!! Not going to the game though,,, everytime I go to their game against Dubs they lose. GO SPURS!!!!

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
I live in milpitas. Im gonna get so tired of this spurs hate in the bay lol.

I know, man. We're gonna have to put up with Tom Tollbert talking shit, too.

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=SpurPadre;6530112]You ain't alone, man. I live in Fairfield and WILL be there for Game 4 when we're going to sweep their asses![/

Im from Fairfield too!! Not going to the game though,,, everytime I go to their game against Dubs they lose. GO SPURS!!!!

Cool, another Spurs fan from Fairfield! Haha. You should be happy the Kings stay in Sac at least, cuz you know we won't lose there, lol.

phxspurfan
I'm from San Francisco originally. So this is kind of a tough series for me. But I'm a Spurs fan first so GSG! But either way it's gonna be great to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuM2nzz2PmQ

jbspurs
I know, man. We're gonna have to put up with Tom Tollbert talking shit, too.

NO 680 OR 1050 for me in coming days...

manu
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Mine's too. Where u from, man? I recently moved to Fairfield. I've lived in SF most of my life. Spurs fan since I can remember, though, turning on the TV when I was a kid and just being caught up with a rookie nicknamed DA ADMIRAL building a class organization that hooked me for life. I make as many games as I can though whenever they come to Northern Cali and play either the Kings or Dubs.

That's great bro, almost same story....I became a fan in 2002 after I saw bald-less Ginobili play as a rookie with such fearlessness and passion in game vs the Lakers. That's when my love for basketball began and ever since then I was HOOKED to SPURSNATION. I live by Silicon Valley man, haven't gone to many games but I rep them hard wherever I go :flag:

jbspurs
05-03-2013, 01:04 AM
I know and I like it there because I get to high five the Spurs players coming in and out of tunnel.

jbspurs
05-03-2013, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=jbspurs;6530216]

Cool, another Spurs fan from Fairfield! Haha. You should be happy the Kings stay in Sac at least, cuz you know we won't lose there, lol.

I know and I like it there because I get to high five the Spurs players coming in and out of tunnel.

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm from San Francisco originally. So this is kind of a tough series for me. But I'm a Spurs fan first so GSG! But either way it's gonna be great to watch.

I know, people say I'm a frontrunner for being a Spurs fan but I've stuck with them since Da Admiral's rookie year and never looked back and never will look back. I'm happy for the Bay though with the sports teams there being successful lately with the Giants, A's, Niners, and now the Dubs making it to Round 2. So I got respect for the Warriors...but I'm not gonna forget them celebrating their win against us in February like it was Game 7 in the Finals, lol. It's about time they meet their buzzsaw.

manu
05-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Haha "San Antonio" is already trending right now in San Francisco Twitter Feed.....I smell the hate in the air, and I love it! BRING IT ON! :toast

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 01:11 AM
That's great bro, almost same story....I became a fan in 2002 after I saw bald-less Ginobili play as a rookie with such fearlessness and passion in game vs the Lakers. That's when my love for basketball began and ever since then I was HOOKED to SPURSNATION. I live by Silicon Valley man, haven't gone to many games but I rep them hard wherever I go :flag:

Yup, that's what it's all about, man. Good story. ESPN and the sports media may paint a different story but there are Spurs fans all over the country. And I know I've seen hella people wearing Spurs jerseys in the Bay, lol.

SpurPadre
05-03-2013, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE=SpurPadre;6530236]

Yup and last time I went there, the whole row I sat at was nothing but Spurs fans except for one drunk hillbilly who tried to take an Argentinian flag away from a Manu fan and almost got knocked out as a result.

manu
05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
NO 680 OR 1050 for me in coming days...

lol.....95.7 fm "the game" already had some fans call in, saying Bogut is better than Duncan....:lmao

BatManu20
05-03-2013, 01:21 AM
I live in LA. I'm thinking about driving up for one of the road games if I can get decent tickets. I've always wanted to go to Oracle and this would be a great opportunity to go.

spurraider21
05-03-2013, 01:34 AM
i believe Cry Havoc made mention that he went to a spurs @ warriors game this season. not sure if he's from the bay area or he just happened to be there during the game

SPURSGOAT
05-03-2013, 01:48 AM
I grew up in San Antonio and lived there for about 20 years and have lived in San Francisco/Oakland for 20 years. I am a Spurs fan first and Warriors fan 2nd... Always have been a huge Spurs fan and have much respect for the Warriors. There are a lot of Spurs fans here, always surprises me when I go to a Spurs game here all the Spurs fans I see in the stands. People have been giving me a hard time since Warriors were up 3-1 in their series. I just laugh at those fools cuz they have no idea how quick this series will be over for them. Only thing that kind of burns me up is all the Laker fans in the Bay Area they are all over the place and were sooooo mad they got swept/punked by the Spurs.. :lmao

Spurs will take this series in 5...:flag:

baseline bum
05-03-2013, 01:50 AM

Incredible album :tu

mmJd2cz5GG0

Legacy
05-03-2013, 02:03 AM
I used to live in the Bay Area (Hayward & Vacaville). I miss it and want to move back (to the wine country, though), but it's so damn expensive to live there. *sigh* :(

ManuSupraTurbo
05-03-2013, 02:38 AM
San Jose right here!!! Who knew there were other Spurs fans in the Bay Area?!!! How awesome

DJR210
05-03-2013, 02:44 AM
also has the biggest homosexual, RJ

Fixed.

roycrikside
05-03-2013, 02:53 AM
I live in the bay area. The next two weeks are going to either suck, or REALLY suck. I can't go to a sports bar or anything to watch because I'll get beer poured on my head. I'll have to watch the games at my home by myself. I work at night anyway so I'll probably just watch most of it on DVD.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Incredible album :tu

mmJd2cz5GG0
He is an acquired taste I guess, never could get into him although he is huge in the bay area. To me it was usually Nas or Wu tang etc. Mobb Deep etc. Out West Pac and Xzibit and the Liks etc. E40 was just different to me, but it's an acquired taste as I said. The Bay had a few acts I liked from the Luniz but I had respect for 40 although not a big fan.

mienhmario
05-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Live in Sacramento, near bay area. We will sweep the Warriors. Too easy!

Cry Havoc
05-03-2013, 03:50 AM
i believe Cry Havoc made mention that he went to a spurs @ warriors game this season. not sure if he's from the bay area or he just happened to be there during the game

Truth, I relocated here in 2011. Loving the Bay. Awesome weather, great culture, tons of biking and hiking trails.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Anyone else interested in a GTG for the games? I'm not paying $150 per for nosebleed seats but I'd definitely be down to grab some beers at a centralized bar/etc.

sehui
05-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Palo Alto here,

I love the Spurs but the Warriors are great too, they knocked out Dallas for us in 07 for an easy ride to the ring.

jbspurs
05-03-2013, 07:50 AM
lol.....95.7 fm "the game" already had some fans call in, saying Bogut is better than Duncan....:lmao

Most of them are just bandwagon fans who doesn't know anything about basketball, Real knows better.

jbspurs
05-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Going to a bar in Bayarea cheering for Spurs is not a good idea for the next few days...

jbspurs
05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
I know, people say I'm a frontrunner for being a Spurs fan but I've stuck with them since Da Admiral's rookie year and never looked back and never will look back. I'm happy for the Bay though with the sports teams there being successful lately with the Giants, A's, Niners, and now the Dubs making it to Round 2. So I got respect for the Warriors...but I'm not gonna forget them celebrating their win against us in February like it was Game 7 in the Finals, lol. It's about time they meet their buzzsaw.

I was @ at that game.. Can't blame them because they finally beat us after so many years

Budkin
05-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Never been to Oakland but I love SF and have a bunch of friends there. Beautiful city. That being said, I can't wait to see all their Warriors fans crying after we're done with them.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Palo Alto here,

I love the Spurs but the Warriors are great too, they knocked out Dallas for us in 07 for an easy ride to the ring.

Hey neighbor!

ManuSupraTurbo
05-03-2013, 03:01 PM
All us Spurs fans should hit up a location for Game 1, lol

manu
05-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Already seen a couple of these around town, oh well gotta get used to it.....for at least 1 more week :wakeup

SWEEP PLEASE!! :flag:

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/7c376ee8b47511e2adfe22000a1fbd6c_7.jpg

Legacy
05-04-2013, 06:44 PM
For the guys who currently live in Fairfield, you might not just happen to be stationed at Travis right now, eh? :p: I lived in Fairfield/Travis AFB in billeting for a couple of weeks before I found my lovely apartment in Vacaville. Now I'm really starting to miss The Bay Area. :lol

DDS4
05-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I've lived here all my life and I can safely say that most rational W fans have a healthy dose of respect for the Spurs. You really can't hate a team you barely see 1-2x/year. I think a lot of it has to do with the ownage the Spurs have vs. the Warriors in the TD era. Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett (W's announcers) have always been complimentary of the Spurs.

That said, I wouldn't go to a dive bar in the East Bay near Oakland wearing Spurs gear on game day.

jbspurs
05-05-2013, 07:28 PM
For the guys who currently live in Fairfield, you might not just happen to be stationed at Travis right now, eh? :p: I lived in Fairfield/Travis AFB in billeting for a couple of weeks before I found my lovely apartment in Vacaville. Now I'm really starting to miss The Bay Area. :lol

IM not in military, I moved here 10 years ago.

jbspurs
05-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I've lived here all my life and I can safely say that most rational W fans have a healthy dose of respect for the Spurs. You really can't hate a team you barely see 1-2x/year. I think a lot of it has to do with the ownage the Spurs have vs. the Warriors in the TD era. Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett (W's announcers) have always been complimentary of the Spurs.

That said, I wouldn't go to a dive bar in the East Bay near Oakland wearing Spurs gear on game day.

Totally Agree!!

manu
05-07-2013, 02:21 PM
So I bumped into several Warriors fans today at work, and let me tell ya they are as confident as ever. Oh yeah and now they hate Ginobili with passion....I wonder why hehe

Also been tuning into local sports radio.....every Warriors fan calling in believes that this is their series to take...they have no respect for us whatsoever....like I said, their confidence is over the top.

WE MUST WIN TOMORROW! :flag:

Gervin44Silas13
05-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Gays in Frisco bay ......what can ya say?

Golden Showered Warriors!

Holden_Caulfield
05-07-2013, 03:06 PM
i used to live in sac. moved to socal for school! but i have alot of friends who are warriors fans. it was a fun game last night. i called a sweep and i was quiet most of the night until the end of regulation lol

SpurPadre
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM

Nope, live in downtown Fairfield and even though it's still the Bay Area, I miss living in SF and even in Oakland, where I lived for a couple years. I'm just here for the job, really. Not a bad place but not much to do around these parts.

Cry Havoc
05-07-2013, 05:10 PM
So I bumped into several Warriors fans today at work, and let me tell ya they are as confident as ever. Oh yeah and now they hate Ginobili with passion....I wonder why hehe

Also been tuning into local sports radio.....every Warriors fan calling in believes that this is their series to take...they have no respect for us whatsoever....like I said, their confidence is over the top.

WE MUST WIN TOMORROW! :flag:

I was listening to sports radio today and they were lambasting the officials, Jarrett Jack, and Andris Bierdins, in that order, for the loss.

Weird takes, tbh.

macdude06
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Anyone in the SAC area? Wouldnt mind getting together for the game friday night.

manu
05-11-2013, 07:33 PM
So last night, I was wearing my Spurs shirt (Yes, not a jersey) at In-n-Out and soon after a bunch of Warriors fans walk in....they were all wearing their yellow shirt. I'm guessing they had gone to the game...not sure.

I must admit, it felt awkward....yet sooo good!:toast

Let's steal one more tomorrow!! :flag: