PDA

View Full Version : Ironman 3

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Any of you guys plan on seeing it. Phase 2 should be interesting

Darius McCrary
05-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Seeing it tonight, in non 3d digital. I sure hope they don't let the fans down.

Brunodf
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
The movie makes no sense(almost a filler) but it's fun.

lefty
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
wrong forum :lol

But yeah I watched Cap America and Avengers a few days ago in order to catch up on the Marvel movie timeline

And I cant wait to see Kingsley as the Mandarin

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2013, 07:14 PM
wrong forum :lol

But yeah I watched Cap America and Avengers a few days ago in order to catch up on the Marvel movie timeline

And I cant wait to see Kingsley as the Mandarin

This will always be the geek forum no matter what kori labels it

lefty
05-03-2013, 08:02 PM
This will always be the geek forum no matter what kori labels it
Hey Batman and IRon Man could exist in real life !

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey Batman and IRon Man could exist in real life !

Seiously though doesn't that forum make you feel a little bad about the fate of the human race

lefty
05-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Seiously though doesn't that forum make you feel a little bad about the fate of the human race
yes :lol

Darius McCrary
05-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Going to see it soon
Actually worried from what I've read online....

lefty
05-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Going to see it soon
Actually worried from what I've read online....
meh

Dont read too much into that

Go and enjoy the movie

redzero
05-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Copypasta incoming...

I knew something was up with Iron Man 3 the moment I heard the narration. This movie is so tonally different from the other Iron Man movies that it's jarring. I can't imagine watching all three back-to-back, because how different the third one is would be even more distracting . While the jokes weren't unfunny, they felt completely out of place most of the time. The whole thing just felt weird, and the tint from the shitty 3-D glasses I wore (I don't know why I paid $17 dollars to watch a blurrier, darker version of the film) didn't help.

The first part was most Iron Man-like. Then Stark's house gets blown up and he goes wandering around Tennessee. The movie then becomes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with a weird kid and lava people. Throughout all of this, I wonder, "Where's War Machine?" Then I think, "Where's Pepper Potts?" Then, I think, "Where's everybody who isn't Tony Stark?" I think the entire plot is just an excuse for Robert Downey Jr. to vainly show his face, because that's what he does. For the majority of the movie, he's either putting on an Iron Man suit, switching suits, or not wearing a suit at all. The entire climax is him switching suits, and while I think him building three dozen new suits makes sense in context, it lessens the value of the suits as a whole when they are so easily destroyed by Lava Guy Pearce and his lava henchmen. I miss the third suit from the first film. Every subsequent suit looks worse and worse. I would give a more in-depth opinion on the new, predominantly gold suit, but it is so seldom seen in its entirety that it would be kind of pointless. Basically, the gold looks stupid.

Speaking of the villains, I'm not going to even pretend that the Extremis virus made any kind of sense. I'm not going to even pretend that any of the "science" in this Sci-Fi movie made sense (or even attempted to makes sense). At least the first two movies got from point A to point B from a scientific standpoint, even if it was all bullshit. Iron Man 3 is just random, fire-breathing lava people with super strength. Ben Kingsley was entertaining. If I actually cared about The Mandarin in anyway, I'd probably be butthurt about how he was handled. But since I don't, I think the twist was okay, even though it was kinda done last year in a certain other superhero movie. Hopefully, that doesn't become the standard in action movies now.

tl;dr: Iron Man 3 = Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Val Kilmer + Weird Kid + Uncharted + MacGyver + Lava People + The Guard, with Iron Man suits occasionally making appearances. It's not a bad movie, but it's not an Iron Man movie. It's like Live Free or Die Hard: it's good, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the movies in the series.

Darius McCrary
05-04-2013, 01:47 AM
......was okay

Did i really just watch a third Iron Man movie that had no real Marvel super villain?

S
M
H

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2013, 01:58 AM
its fkn shit

what ever happen to ironman or warmachine secret end weapon in part 2 where the lazer was all cool and shit

im3 was fkn shit, mk42 suits were inferrior to suits in im1 im2...could care less about the wireless connection bullshit and controlling multiple units, thats what they did in IM2 with the cyborg units...

lefty
05-04-2013, 03:30 AM
......was okay

Did i really just watch a third Iron Man movie that had no real Marvel super villain?

S
M
H
Mandarin is IM's archenemy in the comics

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Mandarin is IM's archenemy in the comics

yet they made him a douchebag in this....

Darius McCrary
05-04-2013, 11:42 AM
After sleeping on it I'll say i was disappointed. Seeing how i thought IM2 sucked, I'm pretty much done with the IM series I

MannyIsGod
05-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Copypasta incoming...

I knew something was up with Iron Man 3 the moment I heard the narration. This movie is so tonally different from the other Iron Man movies that it's jarring. I can't imagine watching all three back-to-back, because how different the third one is would be even more distracting . While the jokes weren't unfunny, they felt completely out of place most of the time. The whole thing just felt weird, and the tint from the shitty 3-D glasses I wore (I don't know why I paid $17 dollars to watch a blurrier, darker version of the film) didn't help.

The first part was most Iron Man-like. Then Stark's house gets blown up and he goes wandering around Tennessee. The movie then becomes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with a weird kid and lava people. Throughout all of this, I wonder, "Where's War Machine?" Then I think, "Where's Pepper Potts?" Then, I think, "Where's everybody who isn't Tony Stark?" I think the entire plot is just an excuse for Robert Downey Jr. to vainly show his face, because that's what he does. For the majority of the movie, he's either putting on an Iron Man suit, switching suits, or not wearing a suit at all. The entire climax is him switching suits, and while I think him building three dozen new suits makes sense in context, it lessens the value of the suits as a whole when they are so easily destroyed by Lava Guy Pearce and his lava henchmen. I miss the third suit from the first film. Every subsequent suit looks worse and worse. I would give a more in-depth opinion on the new, predominantly gold suit, but it is so seldom seen in its entirety that it would be kind of pointless. Basically, the gold looks stupid.

Speaking of the villains, I'm not going to even pretend that the Extremis virus made any kind of sense. I'm not going to even pretend that any of the "science" in this Sci-Fi movie made sense (or even attempted to makes sense). At least the first two movies got from point A to point B from a scientific standpoint, even if it was all bullshit. Iron Man 3 is just random, fire-breathing lava people with super strength. Ben Kingsley was entertaining. If I actually cared about The Mandarin in anyway, I'd probably be butthurt about how he was handled. But since I don't, I think the twist was okay, even though it was kinda done last year in a certain other superhero movie. Hopefully, that doesn't become the standard in action movies now.

tl;dr: Iron Man 3 = Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Val Kilmer + Weird Kid + Uncharted + MacGyver + Lava People + The Guard, with Iron Man suits occasionally making appearances. It's not a bad movie, but it's not an Iron Man movie. It's like Live Free or Die Hard: it's good, but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the movies in the series.

Pretty much agree with this entirely except I hate how they handled the Mandarin more than you. I especially hated how mahy suits and how easily they got destroyed, though.

redzero
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Pretty much agree with this entirely except I hate how they handled the Mandarin more than you. I especially hated how mahy suits and how easily they got destroyed, though.

It was almost like IRON MAN was an after thought in a movie about Iron Man. In the first Iron Man, when Stark first started using the Mk. III, it was impressive. The suit was unique. In this, there are a million suits, and Tony just switches between them leisurely, making them seem unremarkable. This movie made the suits seem like just more gadgets in a sea of Tony Stark gadgets. They didn't stand out at all. The writers transformed Stark into John McClane with a high-tech arsenal.

It just bugged me.

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2013, 10:15 PM
every superhero movie is fkn shit

the hero gets the shit beat out of him, and he only does 1 move and wins the fight...its fkn pathetic...

guy pierce fire breathing clown only had one good scene out of the movie, when he was spitting out lava...that was it, didnt do anything after it...

everytime i see an australian acting as a villain, its hard to live upto it...cause agent smith from matrix trilogy is the standard