05-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Please don't, Pop.

MsgWKoseORk

trypldubl
05-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Or on J.J. tbh

EVAY
05-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I agree with you, E-N, but you know that is likely to happen.

Thing is, before this series starts I think we have to accept that Curry is going to get his, and Pop is unlikely to change his rotations. Both of those facts seem set in the same rock that Pop talks about pounding.

The difference in this series seems to me will come down to us staying on their perimeter shooters. Last series everybody was off the three point line doubling and tripling their centers. This time we will have to stay on the perimeter and get into their passing lanes, imo.

Curry can shoot successfully even with a hand in his face. If we could put Kawhi on him every once in a while and Kawhi could get a block like he did in the last series from the perimeter, I think it might go a long way toward making them think twice.

EVAY
05-03-2013, 03:01 PM
My real question for the first game is who is going to go up against Bogut?

I don't think that Splitter will be ready (nobody seems to suggest that as a possibility). So does that mean that we risk Duncan's health by putting him again such a bruiser? Does anyone imagine that Pop might play Baynes against Bogut until Splitter is back?

Bonner and Blair can run with GS, no problem. But they can't even begin to guard Bogut.

Any thoughts on what Pop will do?

Juggity
05-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Gary could go for the Kenneth Faried strategy imo. Just stick your leg out a little too far in the direction Curry is about to go.

NASpurs
05-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I was going to write that with the emergence of Joseph as the backup point, we would never see Neal on Curry... and then I watched that video in the first post of Joseph guarding Klay with Neal on Curry. :depressed

Brunodf
05-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Pop will play that midget lineup(Cojo/Neal/Manu/Bonner/Blair) no matter what

Legacy
05-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I remember the last time we played against GS, and I watched Timmy and Bogut battling-it-out. ... And My Lord was it a battle! Bogut is NO joke, he was like a damn Ox that just wouldn't budge more than an inch or something. Timmy was definitely dancing in circles around him all night. I don't know how Timmy did it, but he completed the mission, nonetheless, and we won the game. He worked his arse off. Pop should let the two giant Aussies, Baynes & Bogut have a few really good bloody beatdowns in this series, IMO, lol. :ihit :lol

clambake
05-03-2013, 03:46 PM
all neal has to do is get him drunk first.

rmt
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
The toll on Timmy is worrying - first Gasol/DH, then Bogut, then Randolph/Gasol. He'll be exhausted should they be lucky enough to get to the Finals. Wonder if he'll have anything left in the tank - because that's what it'll take to even have a chance of beating MIA - TD dominating in the middle as Spurs are solely outmatched on the perimeter.

DesignatedT
05-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Actually very interested to see how Joseph does against Curry/Jack and Thompson.

therealtruth
05-03-2013, 06:13 PM
The toll on Timmy is worrying - first Gasol/DH, then Bogut, then Randolph/Gasol. He'll be exhausted should they be lucky enough to get to the Finals. Wonder if he'll have anything left in the tank - because that's what it'll take to even have a chance of beating MIA - TD dominating in the middle as Spurs are solely outmatched on the perimeter.

That's why he needs help from Splitter/Baynes so he can punish guys like Carl Landry.

wildbill2u
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I doubt that anyone on the Spurs could avoid being lost on that crossover. Curry is an elite player who should have made the All-Star team this year.

exstatic
05-03-2013, 06:38 PM
My real question for the first game is who is going to go up against Bogut?

I don't think that Splitter will be ready (nobody seems to suggest that as a possibility). So does that mean that we risk Duncan's health by putting him again such a bruiser? Does anyone imagine that Pop might play Baynes against Bogut until Splitter is back?

Bonner and Blair can run with GS, no problem. But they can't even begin to guard Bogut.

Any thoughts on what Pop will do?

Bogut has a lot more health issues over his shorter career than Tim does.

Robz4000
05-03-2013, 06:38 PM

If not Gasol/Howard he'd of gone against Asik, if not Bogut he'd go against McGee/Koufus, and if not Gasol/Zbo he'd see Perkins/Ibaka. If he gets tired out by the time they see Miami it would've happened in any situation. Spurs are going through the easiest path they could've gotten, so if they fall short of the Finals they have no one to blame but themselves.