PDA

View Full Version : Clippers True or False; Biggest game of Clippers history tonight?

InRareForm
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
With the path to the WCF/Finals so reachable... it's hard to say it isn't.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I still say they had just as good a shot in 2006 against the suns starting Tim Thomas and Boris diaw up front

Clipper Nation
05-03-2013, 06:54 PM
I still say they had just as good a shot in 2006 against the suns starting Tim Thomas and Boris diaw up front

This... Mike Dumbleavy infamously fucked it up by putting in an ice-cold Daniel Ewing to guard Raja Bell in the clutch though, tbh....

Thebesteva
05-03-2013, 06:56 PM
It really is a franchise defining moment without a doubt CN. If they lose, it will be a permanent psychological fuck with this franchise for another 5-10 years. They have no fuckin reason to get bounced in the 1st round, they are way too stacked and good. I think it's unbelievable that they can't make it to the WCF atleast.

Spur-Addict
05-03-2013, 06:58 PM
I think this is more important for Blake Griffin as opposed to the Clippers as a franchise. Will this be another season marred by "injuries"? Or, will he do his part in propelling his team to the next round despite setbacks?

I think what's taking a toll on his body should tell him he needs to further develop aspects of his game that aren't dependent upon his athleticism.

Clipper Nation
05-03-2013, 07:09 PM
It really is a franchise defining moment without a doubt CN. If they lose, it will be a permanent psychological fuck with this franchise for another 5-10 years. They have no fuckin reason to get bounced in the 1st round, they are way too stacked and good. I think it's unbelievable that they can't make it to the WCF atleast.
I strongly doubt a loss here will ruin the franchise for 5-10 years.... in fact, it could be a blessing in disguise, forcing the front office to fire Vinny and correct some of the flaws the roster has had since the CP3 era began, tbh.... the Clippers are also willing to go into the luxury tax now and spend money to hire a big-name coach...

Not to mention, as much as I dislike them, the Grizz are a damn good team themselves and won the same number of games.... in a normal year, this would be a second-round matchup at the earliest, but it just so happened that the West was stacked enough for a 56-win team to only get the 5th seed, so this isn't like a typical first-round series loss for either team...

I think this is more important for Blake Griffin as opposed to the Clippers as a franchise. Will this be another season marred by "injuries"? Or, will he do his part in propelling his team to the next round despite setbacks?

I think what's taking a toll on his body should tell him he needs to further develop aspects of his game that aren't dependent upon his athleticism.

The thing with Blake is, he's still young, and missing his whole actual rookie season plus bringing in CP3 slowed his development down a bit, tbh... that being said, he has worked on his free throw shooting, his post game, his jumper, etc, and while some of those improvements are still inconsistent, he's a lot less one-dimensional than he was in his first year playing.... people still have this image that he's just a dunker who doesn't care about improving his game, and I blame ESPN for that, since they hype up all his dunks and don't talk about the rest of his game.... DeAndre Jordan is the real feckless monkeyballer, tbh, but that's another story...

As far as the injuries go, Memphis gets away with a ton of cheapshots and physical play on defense that their opponents simply don't.... it's not just Blake getting hurt in the playoffs, and I don't think it's a coincidence that two straight years of playing Memphis in the first round has ended in two straight years of injuries to the Clippers' two best players in the postseason, tbh....

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
This... Mike Dumbleavy infamously fucked it up by putting in an ice-cold Daniel Ewing to guard Raja Bell in the clutch though, tbh....
Yup tbh.....that was the one Phoenix playoff series from 2005-2008 where D'antoni actually out coached the other coach. Every other series during that time was D'antoni tripping over his own dick getting outcoached (Popovich, Jackson), or getting matched in incompetence (Avery Johnson).

Spur-Addict
05-03-2013, 07:20 PM
The thing with Blake is, he's still young, and missing his whole actual rookie season plus bringing in CP3 slowed his development down a bit, tbh... that being said, he has worked on his free throw shooting, his post game, his jumper, etc, and while some of those improvements are still inconsistent, he's a lot less one-dimensional than he was in his first year playing.... As far as the injuries go, Memphis gets away with a ton of cheapshots and physical play on defense that their opponents simply don't.... it's not just Blake getting hurt in the playoffs, and I don't think it's a coincidence that two straight years of playing Memphis in the first round has ended in two straight years of injuries to the Clippers' two best players in the postseason, tbh....

I have league pass, and I noticed these developments you speak of. He started to drop off in production in the latter portion of the year, that was quite a disappointment. But, I wouldn't use CP3 as an excuse for stunting his growth. If anything, it should make it easier for him to expand his game.

I love the style of basketball Memphis plays. Inside out, and very hard nosed defensively. Physicality is, and should continue to be very much a part of this game we love. If he can't get in there and bang like the vast majority of historically great big men, then maybe he isn't the player that some people project him to be.

LkrFan
05-03-2013, 07:33 PM
"Clipper Hist:lolry"

capek
05-03-2013, 07:33 PM

Clipper Nation
05-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I have league pass, and I noticed these developments you speak of. He started to drop off in production in the latter portion of the year, that was quite a disappointment. But, I wouldn't use CP3 as an excuse for stunting his growth. If anything, it should make it easier for him to expand his game.
He was still recovering from his Olympics knee injury at the very beginning and had back spasms late in the year, but throughout the middle of the year he was beasting, tbh.... a coach like Stan Van Gundy with actual plays and a system might be good for Blake and help him not lean on his athleticism quite as much, reducing his injury risks...

I love the style of basketball Memphis plays. Inside out, and very hard nosed defensively. Physicality is, and should continue to be very much a part of this game we love. If he can't get in there and bang like the vast majority of historically great big men, then maybe he isn't the player that some people project him to be.
It's not that he can't do it, it's that the refs won't let him do it.... Memphis' opponents always get ridiculous ticky-tack calls while the Grizzlies practically get away with murder... I like physical, hard-nosed, defensive-minded basketball as much as anyone else, but what's the point if only one team is allowed to dish it out?

Spur-Addict
05-03-2013, 08:13 PM
He was still recovering from his Olympics knee injury at the very beginning and had back spasms late in the year, but throughout the middle of the year he was beasting, tbh.... a coach like Stan Van Gundy with actual plays and a system might be good for Blake and help him not lean on his athleticism quite as much, reducing his injury risks...

It's not that he can't do it, it's that the refs won't let him do it.... Memphis' opponents always get ridiculous ticky-tack calls while the Grizzlies practically get away with murder... I like physical, hard-nosed, defensive-minded basketball as much as anyone else, but what's the point if only one team is allowed to dish it out?

The plight of perimeter teams against legit post oriented teams. It was all good just a week ago. From game 3 on, one or both of your star players just haven't been there. I'll definetly say there was a FT disparity in games 3 and 4. But that's the nature of things when you have two of the best post players in the league. But in game 5, B.G goes down and no third guy fills the gap. With all of that depth, you'd figure someone would be there. Billups? Jordan? Butler? Odom? Nope.

Latarian Milton
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
grizzlies match up well against monkeyball which's why they could cause so much trouble to the clippers but imho it's still gonna be the clippers ending up on the winning side. memphis have no go-to guy, all clippers need to do is just keep the game close till the last few minutes and let paul take care of the game.

Spur-Addict
05-03-2013, 08:50 PM
grizzlies match up well against monkeyball which's why they could cause so much trouble to the clippers but imho it's still gonna be the clippers ending up on the winning side. memphis have no go-to guy, all clippers need to do is just keep the game close till the last few minutes and let paul take care of the game.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WEEHFtMa6xU/UW3P9tvK9iI/AAAAAAAACco/7R3mFzKKvno/s640/Zach-Randolph1.jpg

Clipper Nation
05-03-2013, 08:52 PM
This team is done, finito, ovah... it was a good season, until Vinny, DJ, and Chauncey fucked it up, tbh....

baseline bum
05-03-2013, 08:53 PM

They got 12 rings son

Clipper Nation
05-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Joey Crawford just spreading dirt all over the Clippers' grave, tbh....