PDA

View Full Version : Curry: Tony Parker is the hardest to play against

ironman2886
05-04-2013, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjqDfi5qjHg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TheGoldStandard
05-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Lets hope Tony stays aggressive and doesn't settle for jump shots.

freetiago
05-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Spurs run Parker off like 3 screens to start most plays then run another 3 pick and rolls in the same possession
most other point guards are iso heroes or they run simple pick and roll sets
Parker will make you chase him all game which tires you out

he finished the season shooting 49% from mid range which is easily top 3 in the league imo especially since hes probably one of the lowest assisted mid range shots
and hes one of the greatest finishers in nba history in the paint
he could easily be scoring 28 a game if the Spurs were any other team in the nba
Spurs system kills individual stats

100%duncan
05-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Bending over before the series even started :lol

ironman2886
05-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Bill Simmons: "Tony Parker? Interesting. How come?"

Most if not all guards in the league have lots of trouble with TP. Simmons is an idiot as usual.

ironman2886
05-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Bending over before the series even started :lol
Eh. Video looks a couple of months old on YouTube, but we know what most guards think when they see TP on the court.

100%duncan
05-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Eh. Video looks a couple of months old on YouTube, but we know what most guards think when they see TP on the court.

I know :lol Just playing

BadOne
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM

This

chapnis
05-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Bill Simmons: "Tony Parker? Interesting. How come?"

Most if not all guards in the league have lots of trouble with TP. Simmons is an idiot as usual.

He's not an idiot, he was interviewing Steph Curry so he was trying to get Curry to say stuff.

ironman2886
05-04-2013, 01:21 AM
He's not an idiot, he was interviewing Steph Curry so he was trying to get Curry to say stuff.
I rarely read his columns, but when I had to hear him during half time shows with Michael Wilbon and Magic Johnson, my ears would try to close themselves. It's not interesting that Tony Parker is Curry's answer. The guy is a dick. Trust me.

letmk
05-04-2013, 01:25 AM
I rarely read his columns, but when I had to hear him during half time shows with Michael Wilbon and Magic Johnson, my ears would try to close themselves. It's not interesting that Tony Parker is Curry's answer. The guy is a dick. Trust me.

Exactly. The word "interesting" is just a disguise for disbelief, since CP3 and Rose are his favorite boys. THE CP3 who only got into 2nd twice and got beat by the Spurs twice.

freetiago
05-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Spurfan just hating on everyone that isnt sucking off SA as usual
Simmons is a solid analyst and it is interesting to hear someone say Tony Parker since he isnt even in most major media top 5 point guards in the nba

EricB
05-04-2013, 02:04 AM
Freetiago believes most media is correct!!!!

fucktard

chapnis
05-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Spurfan just hating on everyone that isnt sucking off SA as usual
Simmons is a solid analyst and it is interesting to hear someone say Tony Parker since he isnt even in most major media top 5 point guards in the nba

Yeah, Simmons on multiple occasions has said how much he is gutted the Celtics never drafted Tony Parker.

His 'Book of Basketball' while sometimes too anecdotal is also a very good read for any NBA fan IMO.

KaiRMD1
05-04-2013, 03:24 AM
David Lee's toughest competition is a hamstring

freetiago
05-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Yeah, Simmons on multiple occasions has said how much he is gutted the Celtics never drafted Tony Parker.

His 'Book of Basketball' while sometimes too anecdotal is also a very good read for any NBA fan IMO.

wlrGFjBR0hY

also wrote a grantland article a while ago saying the same thing cant find it though
typical spurfan
"i hate bspn all they give us no credit"
1 day later
"omg guys check out this espn article on the spurs"

letmk
05-04-2013, 03:49 AM

Regretting that Celtics didn't draft Tony does not mean Simmons gives Tony the credit he deserved. Of course, not drafting a three-time champion and Finals MVP at #28 is a mistake. But still he under-estimates Tony as he constantly puts lots of fancy PGs ahead of Tony.

lefty
05-04-2013, 04:06 AM
:lol NBA Finals MVP
:lol Cavs
:lol Boobie Gibson defending the"MVP"
:lol Boobie Gibson

mudyez
05-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Also have to defend Simmons! After first reading one of his columns I hated him because it was some Celtics-homer-shit.

But after all he is my fav, especially because he gives the Spurs a lot of props and isn't the typical LA/MIA/OKC-espn-homer!

racm
05-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Parker is a tough cover if your team does not have the athleticism and discipline to counter the Spurs' favored plays.

EVAY
05-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Personally, I hope he takes jump shots and makes them. I fear what Bogut will do to him in the paint. If he does go into the paint, our bigs are going to have to be able to protect him from getting slammed to the floor. If we lose TP during these playoffs, we are done.

z0sa
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Let's just say Curry is one of the hardest to play against as well. This series is gonna be awesome in terms of perimeter play, and the Bogut/Duncan matchup ain't no slouch either, especially with Tiago either in street clothes or glued to the bench the first couple games.

Splits
05-04-2013, 04:42 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2553117/SW_parker_pop.jpg

Embedded
05-04-2013, 05:38 PM
ROFLMFAO @ Splitman4evah and evah

50 cent
05-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Simmons is great. Sure, he's a Boston homer, but the dude speaks the truth on anything not related to Boston. I listen to his podcasts all the time.

DAF86
05-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Why the fuck is Simmons so surprised that Curry said Parker? Is not like he said Jacque Vaughn or someone like that. :lol

DesignatedT
05-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Simmons is fuckin annoying. ESPN has the worst fucking lineup of NBA analyst on their pre-game and halftime shows it blows my mind.

JRHernandez88
05-04-2013, 10:23 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2553117/SW_parker_pop.jpglmao wtf???

letmk
05-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Simmons is great. Sure, he's a Boston homer, but the dude speaks the truth on anything not related to Boston. I listen to his podcasts all the time.

TBH, I've read almost all of his articles on ESPN and Grantland since he is quite knowledgeable and his writing is funny. You have to give him that. Although I'm not from Boston, I actually don't mind his homer-ism toward Boston teams because we all appreciate that kind of passion. After all, passion is the number 1 attraction about sports.

However, I don't like his subtle yet sure biases toward certain type of players and teams. It's hard to describe in words as he is quite sophisticate unlike those who only appear on ESPN the TV. But those kind of "okay, I have to acknowledge this or that about certain player because he has achieved so much and not acknowledging that would make me look stupid. But if I had a choice, I wouldn't value them much at all" writing, you can read it between the lines.

chapnis
05-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Simmons is a pretty decent analyst when you compare him to most other people on ESPN and TNT. I like his writing much more than him on TV though, his voice is kinda annoying haha.

exstatic
05-05-2013, 09:52 AM
:lol Too True.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2553117/SW_parker_pop.jpg

exstatic
05-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Simmons is a pretty decent analyst when you compare him to most other people on ESPN and TNT. I like his writing much more than him on TV though, his voice is kinda annoying haha.

He's funnier in print, too.

look_at_g_shred
05-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Simmons is fuckin annoying. ESPN has the worst fucking lineup of NBA analyst on their pre-game and halftime shows it blows my mind.

Can't agree with you more. I can't stand Magic Johnson. Horrible takes on basketball period. Yesterday during the halftime show, he was getting upset that LeBron doesn't have enough commercials! Dude are you fucking serious? Who the fuck cares about that shit. I've never see them break down the game the way TNT crew does. It's just plain garbage tbh. The only guy I can slightly stand is Wilbon.

Budkin
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM

This. His voice is grating. Also, he thinks CP3 is the best PG in the league so I'm sure he expected that answer.

Blake
05-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Will Curry and his bum ankle be guarding Tony?

if so, Tony has no business averaging less than 25ppg this series.

Brazil
05-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Why the fuck is Simmons so surprised that Curry said Parker? Is not like he said Jacque Vaughn or someone like that. :lol

I guess he was expecting something like CP3 or Rondo

lefty
05-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Damn Curry playing mind games :lol
Buttfucking playoff TP :lol