PDA

View Full Version : Curry talks about the Spurs, RJ and how they've defended him

ElNono
05-05-2013, 12:32 AM
-Q: Do you have to play better in this series to win it than you did in the last one?

-CURRY: Of course, each level is tougher. We’re relying on some of the experiences of our veteran guys–RJ and Bogut–who have been in this situation before. Obviously RJ coming from the Spurs organization.
Each step you take in the postseason it gets tougher. We saw it last night just trying to close out a team at home, we had an 18-point lead in the fourth quarter, we tried our best to give it up.
But we have to build on what we did in the first series. It’s going to be a different type of game.
We’ll have to defend the post a lot during the course of the series. They’re such a high-executing offensive team and such a disciplined team that we have to be locked in from start to finish.

-Q: With Tim Duncan there, how important could Bogut be in this series?

-CURRY: Huge. Just look at Games 4 and 6, the difference between those two games and Game 5, just his presence.
It means a lot for a team that has a dominant back-to-the-basket guy like Tim Duncan, a bruiser like Splitter is working alongside Tim, even some of the guys have off the bench. So we need his presence…

-Q: How have the Spurs defended you?

-CURRY: They put Danny Green on me a couple times… I know they put a couple wings on me. I think I only played against Tony once. So I don’t know how they’re going to approach it.
It’s going to be an adjustment regardless after Game 1… I’m actually going to watch some film of the Clippers-Spurs series last year, just to see how they guarded CP. Obviously we play totally different, but the way they try to take him out of his game might help me going into this series.
There’s only so much you can do with you can do the lineup so hopefully I can figure that out before Game 1.

-Q: Don’t remember a lot of Parker guarding you.

-CURRY: Tony guarded Jarrett. They played that one game here with the short-sleeved jerseys.

-Q: That you love so much.

-CURRY: (Laughs.) I love ‘em. I love ‘em! … Danny Green guarded me a lot that game. So I figure with everybody healthy they might try that, but you never know.

Extracted from here:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2013/05/03/steph-curry-on-the-taking-injections-3-point-contests-with-draymond-green-rock-vs-chappelle-and-more/

spurraider21
05-05-2013, 12:34 AM
"a bruiser like splitter"

:lmao

Legacy
05-05-2013, 12:45 AM
WTF do you expect him to say? "A pussy like Splitter?" Too much Splitter hate going on right now, tbh.

spurraider21
05-05-2013, 12:49 AM
WTF do you expect him to say? "A pussy like Splitter?" Too much Splitter hate going on right now, tbh.
its not hate. but i hardly define his style of play as "bruising." thats a description that goes to guys like z-bo

hooperflash
05-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Silly Warriors, RJ was traded because he didn't produce well enough in our system.. So good luck with thaaat :lol

Libri
05-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Silly Warriors, RJ was traded because he didn't produce well enough in our system.. So good luck with thaaat :lol

True, but he might be referring to some of his corporate knowledge.

ElNono
05-05-2013, 01:22 AM
yeah, sounds like "RJ the snitch"... don't do it RJ :nope

Zzakk's Garage
05-05-2013, 01:24 AM

Splitter bangs hard and isn't a pussy.
Might be a little thinner than your typical 6' 11" "bruiser" but he's been adding bulk over the last few years, and he's definitely never been afraid of contact.

The important thing is that our opponents consider him a threat.

ElNono
05-05-2013, 01:26 AM

When you're playing against David Lee, even Diaw is probably a bruiser, tbh

chapnis
05-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Interesting, whoever guards him needs to remember to stay on him.

hooperflash
05-05-2013, 01:32 AM
True, but he might be referring to some of his corporate knowledge.

Yeah, I meant it in that way too. My bad.

In order to produce, you gotta have some decent knowledge of the gameplan to do so.

freetiago
05-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Splitters lost like 10-15 pounds since coming to SA actually
and his post defense is elite
he gets in guys faces and doesnt give up positioning while keeping his hands up
and im hoping Pop doesnt go with Green/Neal combo on Curry
but theres about a 95% chance he will tbh
then stick Tony on him in the closing minutes

AaronY
05-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Interesting, whoever guards him needs to remember to stay on him.
Excellent strategizing

chapnis
05-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Excellent strategizing

You'd be surprised how often defenders seem to inexplicably leave shooters wide open. Watch some tape of the Denver series.

AaronY
05-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Firing up the VCR as we speak..

AaronY
05-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Any other homework assignments?

KaiRMD1
05-05-2013, 02:12 AM
yeah, sounds like "RJ the snitch"... don't do it RJ :nope

"Timmy told me not to suck.......Pop told me to learn how to shoot......Jason Collins told me......"

The Reckoning
05-05-2013, 07:03 AM
RJ gonna go ham on dem spurs

Seventyniner
05-05-2013, 12:04 PM
RJ can tell them anything he wants. The Spurs won exactly zero second-round games with him on the team. He'd only be sabotaging them.

TimmehC
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
If Splitter is a "bruiser", Baynes will make Curry cry.

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Splitter is definitely a bruiser on the defensive end, tbh..he's a tough post defender and he plays through contact, sacrifices his body in the paint, etc..

Offensively, ya, he's the opposite:lol..

hater
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
:lmao if RJ advances to WCF over the Spurs.

that would be hilarious

Splits
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2562571/ESB_RJ_Ugnauts.JPG

wildbill2u
05-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Baynes against Bogut, using up his six fouls. Bogut has more NBA experience, but he's not super polished. Baynes might be able to stay with him for a while and keep TD or Splitter out of foul trouble.

Legacy
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
:lmao if RJ advances to WCF over the Spurs.

that would be hilarious

Please. God. No. Just... NO. Again. Please. HELL. NO.

phxspurfan
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Those short sleeved jerseys were fugly...

Samr.
05-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Those short sleeved jerseys were fugly...

Dwight howard doesn't think so.

Budkin
05-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Dear Warriors. Play RJ. A lot.

iManu
05-06-2013, 02:35 AM
If anyone has the inside on how to guard Bogut, I would hope it would be Baynes.