PDA

View Full Version : Another moron picks against us

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 01:45 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/torres_adry_35.jpgTorresWarriors In 7

It's actually one thing to pick against us, but for morons to think we'd lose to a 7th seed and then to a 6th seed AT home in a Game 7 is flat out insulting. I mean, how would a battle-tested 4 time champion lose a Game 7 to these teams? The one moron who picked the Lakers to beat us in 7 now acknowledges how much of an idiot he was for making that pick so we'll see what this fucker has to say in a week.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2013, 01:48 AM
Why are you so asshurt by expert picks? Nothing is set until the games are played.

It's the small market inferiority complex kicking back in.

xTovar210
05-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Lol Lakers fan^

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Lol Lakers fan^

Yeah, back to the fishing rod you go, lol.

phxspurfan
05-05-2013, 01:55 AM
The only one of these guys I respect is Marc Stein. He seems to peg every series.

phxspurfan
...and he says Spurs in 5 :smokin:

Austin_Toros
He is probably hoping for an upset so he looks like a genius.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Lol Lakers fan^

Yeah, back to the fishing rod you go, lol.

Tell me, you two dumbshits, are the Spurs gonna crawl into the fetal position because of this mundane prediction?

CitizenDwayne
05-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Who cares?

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Tell me, you two dumbshits, are the Spurs gonna crawl into the fetal position because of this mundane prediction?

No, idiot, we're just amazed at how stupid some of these "analysts" are and will laugh our asses off when the Warriors get their asses handed to them almost like your Lakers got theirs.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Who cares?

Exactly! WTF do you care? DOES IT RUIN YOUR DAY THAT bad? Good lord.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2013, 02:04 AM
No, idiot, we're just amazed at how stupid some of these "analysts" are and will laugh our asses off when the Warriors get their asses handed to them almost like your Lakers got theirs.
Why don't you keep your amazement to yourself and stop wasting the bandwidth of other Spurs fans and ST users in general.

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Exactly! WTF do you care? DOES IT RUIN YOUR DAY THAT bad? Good lord.

Dude, it's just an observation.

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:05 AM
Why don't you keep your amazement to yourself and stop wasting the bandwidth of other Spurs fans and ST users in general.

You're a Laker fan. Why the fuck do you care what Spurs fans have to comment on about Spurs issues? Why don't YOU keep your comments to yourself or to a Laker board?

freetiago
05-05-2013, 02:05 AM
SpurPadre is also the kind of guy to post an article from espn as soon as they show any recognition for the Spurs talking about how great they are
im probably gonna have half of this site on my ignore list by the time the playoffs are done tbh

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:07 AM
SpurPadre is also the kind of guy to post an article from espn as soon as they show any recognition for the Spurs talking about how great they are
im probably gonna have half of this site on my ignore list by the time the playoffs are done tbh

So, you're bashing me for what now? I'm on YOUR side.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2013, 02:07 AM
So, you're bashing me for what now? I'm on YOUR side.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

:cry I'm on YOUR side, please like me :cry

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:09 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

:cry I'm on YOUR side, please like me :cry

Kobe Bryant is now a cripple. Your team can't buy a Championship for at least another year. Next.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Kobe Bryant is now a cripple. Your team can't buy a Championship for at least another year. Next.

It's not like any other team aside from the Heat are gonna win the title. So yeah, keep getting offended by series predictions.

VBM
05-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Heading back http://i.imgur.com/Z3aAs.gif

Arcadian
05-05-2013, 02:16 AM
That is a terrible pick. What was his explanation?

Sean Cagney
05-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Dude, it's just an observation.

Who cares though, some idiot would say the Spurs lose in every series in 03 and 05 etc. too! It's life some idiot picks agianst your teams, if he comes out right though he is a genius and the only one who called it. Maybe he likes the underdog? It's up to that dude, he has a job and good at it or not he can make his personal choices without it ruining our day.

Venti Quattro
05-05-2013, 02:19 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

How was he able to do that? Lol holy shit that is unbelievable!

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Who cares though, some idiot would say the Spurs lose in every series in 03 and 05 etc. too! It's life some idiot picks agianst your teams, if he comes out right though he is a genius and the only one who called it. Maybe he likes the underdog? It's up to that dude, he has a job and good at it or not he can make his personal choices without it ruining our day.

I just think it's haterism that's all. If you put our track record and threw it towards the Nets' way, they wouldn't get that disrespect. And I know, as a Spurs fan, it's something we should all be used to by now but it would be nice if this organization got some more respect. Oh well, again, it's just an observation.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2013, 02:29 AM
I just think it's haterism that's all. If you put our track record and threw it towards the Nets' way, they wouldn't get that disrespect. And I know, as a Spurs fan, it's something we should all be used to by now but it would be nice if this organization got some more respect. Oh well, again, it's just an observation.

It's some clown who probably just picks the darkhorse or a media loving clown who loves the flavor of the month team! He probably hates the Spurs for all we know, alot of clowns out there like him! I have met a few, one today! I laughed at him personally. He gets paid for his bs though like a weatherman gets paid to put out his bs forecasts and gets paid! I don't worry about either lol. Don't sweat it my man, Spurs will get this series IMO. DO NOT BE SHOCKED Though if they lose that game one and then take it over.

Legacy
05-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Who cares?

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:35 AM
It's some clown who probably just picks the darkhorse or a media loving clown who loves the flavor of the month team! He probably hates the Spurs for all we know, alot of clowns out there like him! I have met a few, one today! I laughed at him personally. He gets paid for his bs though like a weatherman gets paid to put out his bs forecasts and gets paid! I don't worry about either lol. Don't sweat it my man, Spurs will get this series IMO. DO NOT BE SHOCKED Though if they lose that game one and then take it over.

Yeah, right on man. I'll be there in Oakland for Game 4, too. Can't wait for that one!

therealtruth
05-05-2013, 02:57 AM
We've been favored the last 3 years and come up short. If Pop keeps the rotations sensible and makes the right adjustments we have more than enough to win. If he's not judicious in the use of Bonner/Blair/Neal it could hurt us.

DPG21920
05-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Cuss in the thread title again and you are banned.

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 03:01 AM

Oh, ok. My bad. Won't happen again.

DPG21920
05-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Just kidding, do what ever you want!

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Just kidding, do what ever you want!

haha, not sure if you were a moderator or something. But I guess the thread comes off like an overreaction on my part. I just wanna keep us pumped for this run.

DPG21920
05-05-2013, 03:05 AM
I moderate, but it's the playoffs - so live a little..

DPG21920
05-05-2013, 03:05 AM
I'll eventually edit the thread title though..

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 03:11 AM
I'll eventually edit the thread title though..

Understandable. But I made my point in this thread already...hopefully our Spurs will make this dude look like a complete and utter tool just like we made that one guy who picked the NBDL version of the Lakers to beat us in 7.

Juggity
05-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Lol Lakers fan^

Venti is right. No reason to lash out. Stop worrying about ESPN talking heads and analysts. We should all be aware by now that most of them are operating on about 30 brain cells.

You're a Laker fan. Why the fuck do you care what Spurs fans have to comment on about Spurs issues? Why don't YOU keep your comments to yourself or to a Laker board?

This is a pretty fucking terrible take. Have you ever visited Lakersground? It's the definition of trash. Sycophantic Kobe fans stifling dissent, admins deleting any unpopular opinions, total censorship, people falling over themselves to cover the failings of sacred cows and shift all the blame onto scapegoats. That's the reason so many lakerfans end up on ST; it's a better forum for a whole host of reasons.

Criticizing somebody simply for being a lakerfan on Spurstalk is meaningless, honestly. There are a ton of legitimate reasons for lakerfans to post here instead of elsewhere.

buttsR4rebounding
05-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Geez...if they played this series 30 times the Warriors would probably win once or twice. So one guy out of thirty picking them to win is about right. If it bothers you don't read or watch ESPN. Even if the Spurs beat the Heat in the Finals the coverage will be about LeBron losing. Don't have penis envy for what you don't have rejoice in what you do have!

Namundy
05-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Is it bad that sometimes I secretly want the Spurs to lose so threads like this get bumped in a month?

Jk, fuck Z-Bo. Hope Timmy takes him to school.

rascal
05-05-2013, 09:22 AM

It's actually one thing to pick against us, but for morons to think we'd lose to a 7th seed and then to a 6th seed AT home in a Game 7 is flat out insulting. I mean, how would a battle-tested 4 time champion lose a Game 7 to these teams? The one moron who picked the Lakers to beat us in 7 now acknowledges how much of an idiot he was for making that pick so we'll see what this fucker has to say in a week.

You sound like an idiot with all the swears.

John B
05-05-2013, 09:22 AM
It's like Magic's prediction on the Lakers series. It would just add fuel to the fire and gives Spurs more reason to silent their critics, not that they care much I don't think. BTW I haven't seen Magic on ESPN since that bold prediction.

exstatic
05-05-2013, 09:34 AM

These ass hats think they're being avant-garde. They don't REALLY think GS will beat us. They're just taking a contrary position.

pgardn
05-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Why are you so asshurt by expert picks? Nothing is set until the games are played.

This is no expert. We probably know more about both teams.

Therefore no need to get butthurt.

Small market... People should understand market size determines amount of press by now. Also picking an upset makes one look like they have some insight that others did not if they happen to get it right.

This is todays sports press. They are just bad on the whole. Especially ESPN where they cover darts to horseracing and dont necessarily look for people who understand the sport. Jesus, when you have all these exathletes like Jalen Rose who have a difficult time expressing their thoughts and just wander down some ill conceived statement they did not even mean... Its horrible. They end up defending a thought they did not even have in the first place.

100%duncan
05-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Who fucking cares?

dbreiden83080
05-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Warriors are a good team. I seriously hope nobody is expecting a sweep here..

jag
05-05-2013, 10:01 AM

:lol

SpurPadre making Spurs fans look stupid right on cue, GNSF style.

:cry that jerk picked the Wahwiohs :cry

DapDaGenius
05-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Why the complaining? You're acting like an upset is completely impossible. Anything can happen. They are just predictions.

Sec24Row7
05-05-2013, 10:26 AM
We get picked to win by All but 1 guy and WE are supposed to be outraged? What about the warriors? They are too young to know they can't beat us. You don't think all the other picks might upset THEM?

PBEEZY
05-05-2013, 11:36 AM
He's entitled to his opinion, I'm sure when we lost to Memphis there were pundits who picked against us and there probably was threads like this, how did that turn out? No series is set in stone....except Heat/Bucks, there was only ever one outcome from that.

buttsR4rebounding
05-05-2013, 11:57 AM
What would really be interesting is if their compensation was tied to how accurate they are.

CubanMustGo
05-05-2013, 02:05 PM
The dude's moniker is "TorresWARRIORS" for fuck's sake, of course he's a homer. Worry about something important next time.

SpurPadre
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM

SpurPadre making Spurs fans look stupid right on cue, GNSF style.

:cry that jerk picked the Wahwiohs :cry

:lol @ Gordon Hayward for an avatar and calling ME a GNSF. Idiot.

jag
05-05-2013, 02:13 PM
:lol @ Gordon Hayward for an avatar and calling ME a GNSF. Idiot.

So because of my avatar you're not a GNSF starting retarded threads? Tell me more

pgardn
05-05-2013, 02:41 PM
He's entitled to his opinion, I'm sure when we lost to Memphis there were pundits who picked against us and there probably was threads like this, how did that turn out? No series is set in stone....except Heat/Bucks, there was only ever one outcome from that.
Pundits...

There were Spurs fans on this board who thought we would lose that series.

not according to Jennings, he had Mil. in 6...

GrandeDavid
05-05-2013, 02:58 PM

Great point!

George Gervin's Afro
05-05-2013, 03:29 PM
not to worked up over this.....

Grit and Grind
05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
You Spurs fans are some of the biggest pussy's ever . Not everyone picks you boo hooo lol You had 15 out of 16 expert picks god damn what else do you want

CitizenDwayne
05-05-2013, 04:21 PM
You Spurs fans are some of the biggest pussy's ever . Not everyone picks you boo hooo lol You had 15 out of 16 expert picks god damn what else do you want

Nice win today.

Budkin
05-05-2013, 05:09 PM

I think he has those stupid roller shoes or whatever they are.

Budkin
05-05-2013, 05:09 PM
And there's always someone who picks the underdog so they can be an attention whore if they end up right.

LarryDavid
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
I mean, how would a battle-tested 4 time champion lose a Game 7 to these teams?

How does a battle-tested 4 time champion 1 seed lose to an 8 seed? How does a battle tested 4 time champion go up 2-0 at home then lose 4 in a row? Shit happens. Not saying I think the Warrios will win, but crazier things have happened.

This tbh. Who cares what analysts pick.

KaiRMD1
05-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm not surprised when anybody would pick the Warriors against us, they are playing pretty good ball and with Bogut playing the way he is, they are a dangerous bunch. This is not something to have your ass hurt for

jestersmash
05-05-2013, 06:21 PM

I'm much more interested in this GIF than in whatever generic, inane points the topic creator has to make.

Legacy
05-05-2013, 06:33 PM
What would really be interesting is if their compensation was tied to how accurate they are.

VBM
05-05-2013, 09:48 PM

I'm much more interested in this GIF than in whatever generic, inane points the topic creator has to make.

My wife will be picking me up from the hospital after I try this at my office building tomorrow.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Says the person who keeps clicking on the link...

iManu
05-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Swear to god, how we respond to trolling determines whether we turn black or not.

I still get too riled.

heyheymymy
05-06-2013, 07:58 AM

i kept expecting a 'deal with it' at the end.

spurs1990
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Figure I use this thread to report on the violations of the media.

So on first take espn skip bayless stated he soured on the spurs on account of his column being torpedoed by the spurs subpar play. He took it personally evidently.

He did however apply reverse jinx by saying GSw wins in 6 bc he feels in the past everytime he picked the spurs, it would motivate their opponent.

But then he said the spurs finished 10-10 and had a virtual bye which "meant nothing" against la.

So to recap I dunno what the Christ his angle is on the spurs but it sure is entertaining.

spurraider21
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Figure I use this thread to report on the violations of the media.

So on first take espn skip bayless stated he soured on the spurs on account of his column being torpedoed by the spurs subpar play. He took it personally evidently.

He did however apply reverse jinx by saying GSw wins in 6 bc he feels in the past everytime he picked the spurs, it would motivate their opponent.

But then he said the spurs finished 10-10 and had a virtual bye which "meant nothing" against la.

So to recap I dunno what the Christ his angle is on the spurs but it sure is entertaining.
And to counter, Stephen A. Smith said he has the Spurs in 7 if they're healthy, and the Warriors in 6 if not. That show is NOT analysis its humor disguised as debate. I watch it every now and then for entertainment. Funny how they talk about the Spurs health but they didn't even mention David Lee in the entire segment :lol