Five Best:

Barry Sanders
Tony Dorsette
Earl Campbell
OJ 'the killa' Simpson
Matt Leinart

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
matt leinart is that the usc dude from last season? big chode in my opinion.

jason white is obviously the biggest mistake for a heisman winner and has therefore tainted the award. i cant take it seriously any more if he got one. its impossible.

Duff McCartney
07-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Matt Leinart? What the hell has he done? He's not even in the NFL yet.

Duff McCartney
07-10-2005, 02:08 PM
What about Desmond Howard? Or Charlie Ward?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2005, 03:00 PM
chuck ward!!! i forgot about him
i liked him though....any good throwing QB with a bad ass 3 ball is ok in my book

Duff McCartney
07-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Jason White

How was he a bad Heisman winner? He had a brilliant season. I think this is just "retaliation" for the other Vince Young threads.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 04:45 PM
If Jason White won it & you think he deserves it than maybe any QB that plays for TxTech & any other throw 65% or more team deserves it?

The USC QB will go top 5 overall & most likely be MUCH more of a success than the 2 you mentioned.

King
07-10-2005, 09:50 PM
What are the parameters for this? You've got people arguing that some of the guys may have had stellar college careers, but didn't do anything in the NFL, or haven't yet. But, you've got Tim Brown listed as a bad winner? I'd say he's had a decent NFL career.

Mr Dio
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM
That is a good idea.
Get some ideas on parameters, I like that.
It still will be pretty opinionated though..aren't these boards always.

SWC Bonfire
07-11-2005, 09:05 AM
chuck ward!!! i forgot about him
i liked him though....any good throwing QB with a bad ass 3 ball is ok in my book

Well, I don't know if he's the worst, but he must be the smartest, because he got himself a guaranteed contract in the NBA and a career that lasted more than 3 years.

Supreme Allah
07-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Depending on what your going by my boy Ron Dayne could go on the best and worst.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
I really don't understand including Tim Brown among the worst, since the dude was tremendous at ND and will end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next 5-10 years.

Where's Andre Ware on your list? That guy was more of a system QB than even Jason White. Danny Wuerffel? Rashaan Salaam? Ty Detmer? Gary Beban? Terry Baker?

If White had gone anywhere but OU, this would be a non-issue.

word
07-11-2005, 08:24 PM
matt leinart is that the usc dude from last season? big chode in my opinion.

jason white is obviously the biggest mistake for a heisman winner and has therefore tainted the award. i cant take it seriously any more if he got one. its impossible.

Leinart has the skillz to make it and make it big in the NFL.

Part of my 'view' of Heisman winners is the whole package of how they got those numbers and what their potential is. In other words, can they play in the NFL. I know I know, that's not how the Heisman is picked but, I'll say this, if it's just stats then why have a vote ? Just add up the numbers and be done with it.

Jason White worked behind one of the best 0-lines in college football EVER and racked up 3738 yards, 40 TDs with 8 INTs. Eli Manning who was actually drafted and is taking snaps in the NFL, passed for 3,401 yards,21 touchdowns with 9 ints that same year with a team around him that didn't have nearly the talent Jason White's did.

However, Eli's dad specifically told the staff and alumni of Ole' Miss NOT to push Eli for the Heisman. Of course, every year, OU has their PR machine rolling from day one.

As I recall, they were pushing that 'greatest college football team in history' during the 2003 season.

'Greatest CFB team in history.' I laughed then and it still makes me laugh.

I laughed when I typed in 'Tim Brown'. I knew that would get some attention.

sa_butta
07-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Worst Top 5
1.1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida QB
2.2000 Chris Weinke Florida State QB
3.1989 Andre Ware Houston QB
4.2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska QB
5.1991 Desmond Howard Michigan WR

Definitely not Tim Brown for the worst on a top
five list.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Eric Crouch
Eric Crouch
Eric Crouch
Eric Crouch
and Eric Crouch

the Heisman isn't what it used to be Barry Sanders was the last great Heisman Winner