PDA

View Full Version : NBA: 3 of the 4 remaining series'..

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Are going to be grind-out, slow tempo games, tbh..

Only Spurs-Warriors will be fast-paced and exciting for the casual fan(ironically:lol)..

Good or bad for the NBA?..or meaningless?..

irishock
05-05-2013, 01:02 PM
meaningless they should just skip right to the Finals with Heat and Spurs

Latarian Milton
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
the WCF will be fun to watch imho no matter whether it features memphis or OKC, shit's gonna be jolly interesting with their past feud tbh

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 08:04 PM
the WCF will be fun to watch imho no matter whether it features memphis or OKC, shit's gonna be jolly interesting with their past feud tbh

We seem to have a rivalry with just about everyone in the conference, wether it be Spurs, Lakers, Memphis, or Houston.

mercos
05-05-2013, 10:19 PM
From the NBA's point of view, its fine. While the rule changes in the past decade have favored more offense, the league is more obsessed with stars than fast paced games. Each series has at least one star that commentators can drool over. GS-SA has Steph Curry, OKC-Memphis has Durant, NY-Indiana has Carmelo, and Heat-Bulls has Lebron. Plenty of stars for the star driven league.

BatManu20
05-05-2013, 10:21 PM

They should just skip to the part where David Stern hands the championship trophy to Miami tbh.

racm
05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
We seem to have a rivalry with just about everyone in the conference, wether it be Spurs, Lakers, Memphis, or Houston.

Title contenders are like that. We've had rivalries with LAL, DAL, PHX, and you guys.

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 10:33 PM
From the NBA's point of view, its fine. While the rule changes in the past decade have favored more offense, the league is more obsessed with stars than fast paced games. Each series has at least one star that commentators can drool over. GS-SA has Steph Curry, OKC-Memphis has Durant, NY-Indiana has Carmelo, and Heat-Bulls has Lebron. Plenty of stars for the star driven league.

I'm actually a bit surprised there isn't more stars with all the college kids and European players flooding into the NBA each year.

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2013, 10:35 PM

Tbh.

racm
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm actually a bit surprised there isn't more stars with all the college kids and European players flooding into the NBA each year.

You'd have to be hyped up since high school to be a league-sanctioned superstar. And the casuals hate the Euros since they're not black enough (hence why Dirk was called soft and Manu was called a flopper, though there's truth to these statements).

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 11:11 PM
You'd have to be hyped up since high school to be a league-sanctioned superstar. And the casuals hate the Euros since they're not black enough (hence why Dirk was called soft and Manu was called a flopper, though there's truth to these statements).

European players just aren't used to the contact that some of the more ghetto and not to be racist but black players that grow up playing in open gyms and out door pick up games against older more physical competition.

AaronY
05-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Can't even imagine the meltdowns if KD leads a team of scrubs past the Spurs..

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Can't even imagine the meltdowns if KD leads a team of scrubs past the Spurs..

Hey bud, can you do me a favor and make your ellipses 3 .'s instead of 2, tbh?..if you don't mind, I'd consider it a personal favor, tbh, I won't forget it..

AaronY
05-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Don't tell me how to live my life!

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks b, keep up the good work, btw..

KaiRMD1
05-06-2013, 01:04 AM

I don't recall the Thunder having a rivalry with the T'Wolves or the Kings

Jacob1983
05-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Duncan, Manu, and Parker are stars. I'd say they're bigger stars than Stephen Curry.

100%duncan
05-06-2013, 03:14 AM

Seventyniner
05-06-2013, 10:37 AM

Stardom is relative, not absolute. If the league were comprised completely of players with identical talent levels, none of them would be stars, regardless of how good they were. A league of LeBrons wouldn't have any standouts.

Captivus
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Stardom is relative, not absolute. If the league were comprised completely of players with identical talent levels, none of them would be stars, regardless of how good they were. A league of LeBrons wouldn't have any standouts.

I disagree, one of them is gonna be overated!

Monster1776
05-06-2013, 04:02 PM
True, but having only KD and LeBron ruling the league with their talent level is ridiculous.

Cry Havoc
05-06-2013, 04:35 PM

Memphis/OKC is going to be a hell of an entertaining series. I expect it to go at least 6 games.

Spurs and Warriors may not last past 5, but it should be fun basketball unless we COMPLETELY shut down Del... I mean Steph Curry.