PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rank these players at their peaks..

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Kevin Durant
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady

Mugen
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM
KD hasn't peaked yet and he'll probably be at the top of that list when he does.

I'd go Kirby, Wade, then T-Mac tbh.

Killakobe81
05-05-2013, 02:59 PM
KD hasn't peaked yet and he'll probably be at the top of that list when he does.

Agree great post ...Durant can even catch LeBron ...I doubt it, but still on the table

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Durant's currently near his peak, the only possible improvement remaining is mental, accepting the role of alpha male, tbh..

He's never going to develop a consistent post game due to his size, tbh..

I'd still consider him at #1 on the list, tbh..

He's by far the most efficient on the list, he's the best shooter on the list..his defense has improved, he's just as good defensively as Kobe(not when he's focused, but he has rarely ever been) and better than McGrady(worse than Wade)..

His passing isn't as good as the other 3, although he's improving..

He's the most clutch shooter of the 4, too..

He didn't win a ring last year, but he had an elite playoffs, only outplayed by one of the best players of all-time, tbh..

irishock
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Kobe
TMac
Durant
Wade

jag
05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
:lol subtle

Durant
McGrady
Kobe
Wade

TDMVPDPOY
05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
RS tmac>all

playoff tmac is last

ElNono
05-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Durant
Iverson
T-Mac
Wade
Kirby

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Durant
Wade
T-Mac
Kobe

tbh

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Kevin Durant
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady

# Kobe 5

# Wade, Durant, Mcgrady 3

# Wade, Durant, Mcgrady, + Lebron 4

#boiled down to

#:lol

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2013, 03:55 PM
# Kobe 5

# Wade, Durant, Mcgrady 3

# Wade, Durant, Mcgrady, + Lebron 4

#boiled down to

#:lol

Your new shtick reminds me of Magic's son, tbh:lol..

spurraider21
05-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Just to be clear, when was Kirby's peak? During his first round exits? His shaq piggyback years? Or the Gasol odom fisher PJ years?

FkLA
05-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Without the MDE and MVPau, Kobe had less playoff success than AI and VC and just as much as Tmac tbh. True story.

Durant

AI, Carter
Kobe, Tmac

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Durant's currently near his peak, the only possible improvement remaining is mental, accepting the role of alpha male, tbh..

He's never going to develop a consistent post game due to his size, tbh..

I'd still consider him at #1 on the list, tbh..

He's by far the most efficient on the list, he's the best shooter on the list..his defense has improved, he's just as good defensively as Kobe(not when he's focused, but he has rarely ever been) and better than McGrady(worse than Wade)..

His passing isn't as good as the other 3, although he's improving..

He's the most clutch shooter of the 4, too..

He didn't win a ring last year, but he had an elite playoffs, only outplayed by one of the best players of all-time, tbh..

Physicality and mental dominance is all he needs to catch LeBron, it's just really fucking hard to instill that into a player that's always had non contact type of play.

da_suns_fan
05-05-2013, 04:34 PM
]KD hasn't peaked yet and he'll probably be at the top of that list when he does.[/B]

Probably.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Wade
Kobe
Durant
T-Mac

BatManu20
05-05-2013, 04:42 PM
People forget how unstoppable T-Mac was in his prime. Dude was an unreal scorer. He carried some really shitty teams into the playoffs. But his lack of defense keeps him low on this list imo. I'd say:

Kobe
Durant
Wade
T-Mac

LarryDavid
05-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Durant isn't in his prime yet.

Kobe
Wade
TMac

KD has the potential to top this list though. Easily.

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Durant isn't in his prime yet.

Kobe
Wade
TMac

KD has the potential to top this list though. Easily.

A KD/LeBron comparison will be the only worthwhile debate.

TheRealCB
05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
A KD/LeBron comparison will be the only worthwhile debate.

Not right now.

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Not right now.
Of course not, but if it ever get's to that point it will be. When has there ever been two players that potentially have the same caliber of skill as MJ and played the same position in the same era?

The dilemma of making these comparisons is that you're comparing different players at different positions that faced different team related obstacles and played against different types of players under a different set of rules and call style. It's comparing apples to oranges and asking for preference of flavor.

if Durant ever gets to LeBron's level I think it will make the league immensly more interesting to watch and debate about.

baseline bum
05-05-2013, 06:02 PM
1. Wade
2. Bryant
3. Durant
4. McGrady

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 06:08 PM
1. Wade
2. Bryant
3. Durant
4. McGrady

You're fucking high with that Wade pick.

oh crap
05-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Durant underrated per par.

baseline bum
05-05-2013, 06:20 PM
You're fucking high with that Wade pick.

????? Wade's the only one on that list to ever go Olajuwon 95 on the playoffs. We're talking peaks here.

Grit and Grind
05-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Just to be clear, when was Kirby's peak? During his first round exits? His shaq piggyback years? Or the Gasol odom fisher PJ years?

His peak was from 03-07

spurraider21
05-05-2013, 06:52 PM
His peak was from 03-07

Pretty much on par with prime Tmac tbh... in that case i'd have to go
Durant
Wade
3a) Kobe
3b) Tmac

Grit and Grind
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
What was so great about Wade in his peak he could never stay healthy I would rather have the Rapists than Wade

Phillip
05-05-2013, 07:10 PM
T-Mac at his very best? Unquestionably #1. Arguably the most naturally gifted/talented player ever.

Monster1776
05-05-2013, 07:53 PM
????? Wade's the only one on that list to ever go Olajuwon 95 on the playoffs. We're talking peaks here.

Ehh... Valid point, I still just don't see the allure Wade's game has that make people go nuts over him.

100%duncan
05-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Kobe
Wade
Durant
Tmac

only because durant didn't do shit yet.

blkroadrunners
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Durant
Wade
Bryant
McGrady

james evans
05-05-2013, 08:17 PM
what's with the facsination of kevin durant. dude is a 1 dimensional player. i've been watching ball for a long time and i don't ever recall wilkins or king in the 80s being called the best or 2nd best in the league just from scoring baskets. kevin durant is a shitty defender(one of the worst on his own team), can't pass out of the double team team worth shit(i'm not talking about coming down and kicking to the open man for 3), and for to be damn near 7 feet with arms as long as he has, there is not reason for him not to dominate the boards. he's a taller version of monta ellis or curry. the only thing is that he's playing with one of the best pgs in the league, the best shot blocker, and a lot of other guys that can fill in roles in the right places. put durant on the bobcats, they are still the bobcats. put lebron on the bobcats, they are top 3 in the east.

Latarian Milton
05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
there wasn't much difference between the best t-mac and the best kobe back in their days imho. kobe just got better luck than t-mac, the interim between shaq and pau's era already proved that he would also be a 2nd round virgin had he played his entire career as the only superstar on his team imho

irishock
05-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Pretty much on par with prime Tmac tbh... in that case i'd have to go
Durant
Wade
3a) Kobe
3b) Tmac

:lol Wade>Kobe is a shit take

spurraider21
05-05-2013, 08:46 PM
:lol Wade>Kobe is a shit take

somebody said kobe's peak was from 03-07, which is what my take was in response to. what did kobe do between 03-07 thats supposed to make me think otherwise? 2nd banana with shaq and completely screwed them in the finals in 04. missed playoffs in 05. first round bounced twice by phoenix + episode where he quit on his team against phx. for that, wade > kobe in their respective peaks

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

I thought Kobe's best year was 08-09 season. He played a balanced game that year season long. Its also his best Finals series but from a pure basketball skill standpoint, 05-06 was it. He could not be stopped at all. I've seen a good number of his games those years and you know he was at least going for 40 on a good night, 30 pts when he's having a sub par game and 50 or more when he's pissed off. Obviously it didn't translate to a lot of wins but he was going to score at any defense thrown at him.

mercos
05-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Kobe, T-Mac, Durant, Wade. Durant could move up the list, as he still has plenty of peak years left to do some amazing things. This Memphis series is going to be a great showcase for him, because he is going to have to really bring it to beat them.

StrengthAndHonor
05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Absolute peak, I'd pick Wade over Kobe then Tmac. Wade was too good during that year where he posted a 30 PER. Wade has thw slight edge because of efficiency but if we're talking about peak as in considering a few seasons Kobe takes the spot because he's the most consistent.

Arcadian
05-05-2013, 11:58 PM

Yeah that's a good question.

:lol The trouble with Kobe is that he had no clear peak. Any way you look at it, his legacy is always marred with something. If you go with 2000-03, he wasn't even the best player on his team. If you go with 2005-07, his team was mediocre at best. I don't think you can go with 2009-10 because his statistical dominance was already declining then. So...maybe the right answer is that Kobe had a relatively poor "peak" and should be at the bottom of this list.

Latarian Milton
05-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Absolute peak, I'd pick Wade over Kobe then Tmac. Wade was too good during that year where he posted a 30 PER. Wade has thw slight edge because of efficiency but if we're talking about peak as in considering a few seasons Kobe takes the spot because he's the most consistent.
speaking of absolute peak i'd choose t-mac of the 35 seconds where he shitted all over the spurs scoring 13pts and winning the game single-handedly

lefty
05-06-2013, 01:54 AM
T-Mac hasn't peaked yet TBH

james evans
05-13-2013, 11:48 PM
what's with the facsination of kevin durant. dude is a 1 dimensional player. i've been watching ball for a long time and i don't ever recall wilkins or king in the 80s being called the best or 2nd best in the league just from scoring baskets. kevin durant is a shitty defender(one of the worst on his own team), can't pass out of the double team team worth shit(i'm not talking about coming down and kicking to the open man for 3), and for to be damn near 7 feet with arms as long as he has, there is not reason for him not to dominate the boards. he's a taller version of monta ellis or curry. the only thing is that he's playing with one of the best pgs in the league, the best shot blocker, and a lot of other guys that can fill in roles in the right places. put durant on the bobcats, they are still the bobcats. put lebron on the bobcats, they are top 3 in the east.
bump

King Nupe
05-14-2013, 12:26 AM
5 rings is the only answer that I need to give.

namlook
05-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Kobe
Wade
Durant
TMac

Durant can move up when he wins rings. If he wins no rings I'd have a hard time moving him past Wade. TMac is easily at the bottom of this list and doesn't belong.

AaronY
05-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Durants not a bad defender..

UNCLE-DREW
05-14-2013, 09:41 AM
We're not talking about most naturally skilled (T-mac easily) or career (Kobe also easily) but peaks. Since Durant isn't even there yet. So if people rate him already higher then the other 3 their peak, they should sign in to a mental hospital.

Wade
Kobe
T-mac

Durant

Phillip
05-14-2013, 10:28 AM
T-Macs talent/peak level is getting massively underrated here.

Monster1776
05-14-2013, 10:54 AM

Nor is Kobe.

Fabbs
05-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Wade
Durant
tie McGrady
tie Bryant

Durant has time to surpass Wade.

james evans
05-15-2013, 11:15 PM
sheeeeit. had last year finals went to 7 games, they would have had him guarding coach spolstra being that he was having trouble with everyone they put him on.

oh yeah, does durant look like an all time great now? when the refs don't bail him out and let players get physical with him, he looks average. they've spoiled this guy so much that he expect foul calls anytime a player gets within 2 feet of him and he loses the ball or misses.

DPG21920
05-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Physicality and mental dominance is all he needs to catch LeBron, it's just really fucking hard to instill that into a player that's always had non contact type of play.

No. Massive gulf between the two