PDA

View Full Version : Some jackass screwed up Lebrons unanimous MVP to vote for....

da_suns_fan
05-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Kevin Durant?

Nope. Carmelo "I just shot 45% for the season and had a career low in assists" Anthony.

Is the voting anonymous?

RD2191
05-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Fuk LeBron

Mal
05-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Introduce this moron who voted Melo for MVP !! Spike Lee ? Carmelo Anthony ? JR Smith ? Who was it.

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2013, 04:37 PM
doing God's work

hater
05-05-2013, 04:42 PM
who gives a shit

Budkin
05-05-2013, 05:05 PM
:cry someone is trolling LeBron

100%duncan
05-05-2013, 08:02 PM
:cry attention whore :cry
post this downstairs faggot

CitizenDwayne
05-05-2013, 08:06 PM
I think it's pretty funny, actually.

Lebron will be alright.

letmk
05-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I would hold this voter to face LeBron on ESPN and have him tell LeBron eye-to-eye, "Sorry, but Melo is playing better than you."

I don't feel sorry for LeBron per se as he just wrapped up 4 MVPs in 5 years. But those so-called experts/voters need to be held responsible. If one voter from OKC voted for Durant, it might be acceptable to some extent. But Anthony? Really?

Edit: If I'm Magic or Chuck, I would push for that on TV. It's time to hold them liable. Not for the sake of LeBron, but for the sake of the whole voting process. For all the other votings like DPOY, etc.

exstatic
05-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Kevin Durant?

Nope. Carmelo "I just shot 45% for the season and had a career low in assists" Anthony.

Is the voting anonymous?
Undoubtedly NY media. One of them voted for Keith Van Horne to spoil Tim's unanimous ROY. Probably the same idiot.

LarryDavid
05-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Troll job by Dan Le Batard

Spur Bank
05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Troll job by Dan Le Batard
LOL... would be awesome if true, but apparently that was just speculation, and it wasn't him.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/05/05/lebron-james-thinks-ny-writer-cast-mvp-vote-for-melo/

Didn't know that Duncan and Parker each got two 2nd place votes. I wonder who cast those.

racm
05-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Probably some NY media idiot

Russo21
05-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Undoubtedly NY media. One of them voted for Keith Van Horne to spoil Tim's unanimous ROY. Probably the same idiot.

LMAO i forgot about that. What a moron whoever that was.

Seventyniner
05-05-2013, 11:30 PM
LMAO i forgot about that. What a moron whoever that was.

Peter Vecsey?

mrjap2x
05-06-2013, 04:37 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiX1jSkhZePRgGa2gDE0SNPDTx_z0l7 AXr21N_bHpJsOYFQBN0

Rummpd
05-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Who cares - one could make an arguement 1-3 other players or more players as "valuable" to their teams then LeBron who plays on a stacked team......even though LeBron is by far the best player in the league.

Leetonidas
05-06-2013, 07:13 AM
I think an argument can be made, although not a good one, that Melo is more valuable to his team than LeBron. I think the Heat would still be a contender in the East without him and Wade/Bosh being the focus. But in NY, without Anthony, the Knicks blow a fat cock.

But yeah LeBron was unreal this year, it's hard to find a reason not to give it to him. Some people just like to fuck up the unanimous decisions

mudyez
05-06-2013, 07:21 AM
I think an argument can be made, although not a good one, that Melo is more valuable to his team than LeBron. I think the Heat would still be a contender in the East without him and Wade/Bosh being the focus. But in NY, without Anthony, the Knicks blow a fat cock.

You got me: Now I'm mad at 120 voters instead of one!

bklynspursfan
05-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Not mad at Washburn, he had a valid argument, wasn't some hater. People are acting as if it made the difference between Lebron winning and losing.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/05/05/yes-voted-carmelo-anthony-for-mvp-and-for-good-reason/Yo08ZgzGaxzlt9KF0JDfqM/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

letmk
05-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Not mad at Washburn, he had a valid argument, wasn't some hater. People are acting as if it made the difference between Lebron winning and losing.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/05/05/yes-voted-carmelo-anthony-for-mvp-and-for-good-reason/Yo08ZgzGaxzlt9KF0JDfqM/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

First, this minus-star argument can only be validly made when two players' individual stats are close. Here, it's not even comparable. LeBron's stats are once-in-decade great, while Anthony just shoots more and more to get the scoring title.

Second, even if you want to use that argument, between improving a 45-win team to 66-16 and improving from 35-win to 54-28, tell me which one is harder? It's like one student improves grades from 50 to 80, and another one improves grades from 70 to 98. The difficulty increased exponentially for each additional win after 60 wins. And the Heat has a 27-winning streak.

Leetonidas
05-06-2013, 08:08 AM
You got me: Now I'm mad at 120 voters instead of one!

You shouldn't be mad at anyone. Shit doesn't even effect you, LeBron's not even on our team so really wgaf

bklynspursfan
05-06-2013, 08:29 AM
First, this minus-star argument can only be validly made when two players' individual stats are close. Here, it's not even comparable. LeBron's stats are once-in-decade great, while Anthony just shoots more and more to get the scoring title.

Second, even if you want to use that argument, between improving a 45-win team to 66-16 and improving from 35-win to 54-28, tell me which one is harder? It's like one student improves grades from 50 to 80, and another one improves grades from 70 to 98. The difficulty increased exponentially for each additional win after 60 wins. And the Heat has a 27-winning streak.

Lebron's team also improved by adding Ray Allen, Chris Anderson, etc... Not to mention they went 5-1 with him out. Durant probably could've gotten a vote or 2 when you look at what he did despite losing Harden. Lebron was the obvious MVP but people shouldn't be flipping out that it wasn't unanimous.

Regarding the wins, well like I said the talent was added by Miami should also factor in. You look at all the injuries the Knicks had and how Melo shouldered the load most of the times, it's commendable. Obviously he isn't the most accurate player, but he did what he had to do for his team to win ballgames.

And no one is trying to compare their stats. That's often the issue with this award, is it the "best player in the league award" or the guy "most valuable to his team award". Washburn chose the latter, and I understand that.

letmk
05-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Lebron's team also improved by adding Ray Allen, Chris Anderson, etc... Not to mention they went 5-1 with him out. Durant probably could've gotten a vote or 2 when you look at what he did despite losing Harden. Lebron was the obvious MVP but people shouldn't be flipping out that it wasn't unanimous.

Regarding the wins, well like I said the talent was added by Miami should also factor in. You look at all the injuries the Knicks had and how Melo shouldered the load most of the times, it's commendable. Obviously he isn't the most accurate player, but he did what he had to do for his team to win ballgames.

And no one is trying to compare their stats. That's often the issue with this award, is it the "best player in the league award" or the guy "most valuable to his team award". Washburn chose the latter, and I understand that.

Don't want to go into words game. But the gist I can get from your post is that if we are using "most valuable to his team award" standard, basically there is no standard. Is that right? Since I didn't get any tangible thing from this standard you described.

Care to elaborate on this standard?

bklynspursfan
05-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Don't want to go into words game. But the gist I can get from your post is that if we are using "most valuable to his team award" standard, basically there is no standard. Is that right? Since I didn't get any tangible thing from this standard you described.

Care to elaborate on this standard?

There is no standard to this award. This doesn't go to the best player in the game every year, otherwise Jordan would have more than he does. What I was saying is I understand what Washburn was saying in regards to why he voted Melo. Maybe you should read his explanation and you'll get more tangible information from it.

Ultimately, people have opinions and the right to vote for who they want. He gave a legit reasoning. People will either agree or disagree, and that's pretty much the gist of it. I don't agree that Melo should be the MVP of the league. I do however agree that he gave a valid argument for it, and I realize it's not the end of the world that Lebron did not get this unanimously.

Dro210
05-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I feel like this guy did it for publicity reasons. He knew everybody was just waiting for that one idiot to not vote for LeBron, and he knew he'd end up all over ESPN and everywhere else 'explaining himself'.

pikkiwoki
05-06-2013, 04:21 PM
4th best player on the cHeat (Judas Shuttlesworth) ~ 2nd best player on the Knicks (JR Chuck)

hater
05-06-2013, 04:29 PM
I have to agree a core of Bosh, Wade, GayAllen, Battier and the role players would probably not only contend in the East but should be the favorites to make it to the NBA finals.

Lebron is getting tons more help this year. Yeah his numbers look great and IMO he's still MVP. but he's probably getting as much help as any of the past champs IMO

these are not the Lebron Cavs or even last year's Heat.

we are talking about an A++ player in Wade, A+ player in Bosh, a starter in any team in Battier, and a HOF shooter that is playoff legend in Allen. that core would probably be good enough for finals. that's how easy Heat and Lebron have it this year :pctoss

Cry Havoc
05-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Fuk LeBron

I'm convinced at this point that you're either a closeted Lakers fan, you're secretly watching the wrong sport without knowing it and are pissed that Manchester United hasn't won an NBA title yet.

Cry Havoc
05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I feel like this guy did it for publicity reasons. He knew everybody was just waiting for that one idiot to not vote for LeBron, and he knew he'd end up all over ESPN and everywhere else 'explaining himself'.

This. This right here.

Dude is an attention whore and nothing more. And willing to sacrifice his journalistic integrity to get some attention.

letmk
05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
There is no standard to this award. This doesn't go to the best player in the game every year, otherwise Jordan would have more than he does. What I was saying is I understand what Washburn was saying in regards to why he voted Melo. Maybe you should read his explanation and you'll get more tangible information from it.

Ultimately, people have opinions and the right to vote for who they want. He gave a legit reasoning. People will either agree or disagree, and that's pretty much the gist of it. I don't agree that Melo should be the MVP of the league. I do however agree that he gave a valid argument for it, and I realize it's not the end of the world that Lebron did not get this unanimously.

Even his reasoning of "most valuable to his team award" standard is acceptable, his application of standard on Anthony is wrong. Picking Durant might be reasonable. Even for the contribution to the team, you have to consider the individual stats. After all, even within the Knicks, why do people say that Anthony contributes more than Chandler/JR/Kidd/Felton, not the other way? It has to be based on his better stats than his teammates' first, right? And let's forget PER and other stats for now, just use WS which has closer relationship to "help team win more". And the WS of Anthony is 9.5 while LeBron's is 19.3.

Moreover, this vote for awards is different from voting for president/congressman. First, this is a privilege, not a right. Second, this vote is not as free as "I can vote for whoever I like." This vote is more like teachers grading students' exams. It's based on players' performance for the whole regular season, so it has to be reasonable. The voters (media people here) at least have to try to be impartial and rational. You can't just say this is my freedom of speech.

And from my first post, I've said I'm not arguing for LeBron as he just got his 4th MVP in 5 years. It's about the voting process, and the voters have to answer for their decisions.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Kevin Durant?

Is the voting anonymous?

The Knicks win maybe 35 games without Melo this year..

jesterbobman
05-06-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm OK with people using alternative reasoning, as long as there is reason in the argument. Zach Lowe's piece is a great slam of the fallacy of Anthony as an MVP candidate. There is no reasonable way for Carmelo to be the MVP vote. It's dumb. The Knicks played fine without Anthony on the court. He missed a bunch of games. He got second seed credit even though the Knicks are the 7th best team(Healthy, Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets Grizz Clippers are ahead) Because conferences are dumb.

da_suns_fan
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Bump.

Shooting 39% through ten games in the playoffs.

Has attempted 253 shots.

Has 17 assists. For those not good at math, thats 1.7 assists per game.

Im starting to wonder if hes not just the most overrated player today, but maybe the most overrated player of all time.