PDA

View Full Version : From the Dumb Teacher File.....

mrsmaalox
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
This morning at 6:30 my daughter wakes me up says she needs me to sign her progress report to turn in. So I'm in my bed, half asleep, half naked, with pillow creases and dried drool on my face. My daughter says, "Cover yourself up better so I can get a picture" WTF? A picture? What for? "The teacher says we have to print out a picture of our parent signing the progress report because he thinks we are forging the signatures." Um no I don't think so, no printing of any pictures will happen. So she texts the teacher (he sends out mass texts to remind them of tests, etc) and says "I can't print a picture can I just show it to you on my phone?" He replies "Sure!!". So I tell my daughter, this isn't about printing, it's about taking the picture....and it's not gonna happen! So I took her phone and texted him myself "This is mrsmaalox, K's mother. I signed the progress report and added both of my phone numbers. If you need verification of my signature feel free to call me. No pic." Then not happy to leave it at that, I texted again "And in the future, if my daughter is suspected of forging anything, please contact me immediately. Thank you."

:lol I haven't heard anything back from him or my daughter. Granted I may have overreacted (and gawd knows I NEVER overreact :lol) cuz I was caught off guard, but is that dumb or what?

lebomb
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM
half naked

This is all I saw reading this thread.

DarrinS
05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
That's some bullshit right there. Shoulda sent him a photo of you shooting the bird.

TeyshaBlue
05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
This is all I saw reading this thread.

+1

I. Hustle
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I need to get into teaching.

I. Hustle
05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
For every one Maalox there are 10 "Oh... ok's"

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Has he actually met all the parents face to face? I know they usually have parent teacher evening events to make that happen but my teacher relatives have told me some years actually getting all the parents to those things is like pulling teeth. I can applaud the guy trying to adapt to the changing technology but it seems to me the core problems with getting these things signed are still the same as they were 20 years ago. If a parent is uninformed or apathetic and if a kid is willing to work overtime to keep them in the dark they'll find a way around the system.

Blake
05-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd call the principal.

Trill Clinton
05-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I'd call the principal.

this.

kinda creepy and weird for a teacher to text his/her students and ask for proof pics of parents signing report cards. teachers today are lazy as fuck and are not engaged with the parents like they used to.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
The teacher seems very adept at using technologies like camera phones and text messages.....someone should introduce him to this thing called email where he can send progress reports directly to parents.

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Wake your daughter up in the morning half naked, with pillow creases and dried drool on her face. Hit her with the iphone flash and tell her the teacher has had problems with kids skipping school and yo have to take a picture of her waking up and send it to him.

FkLA
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Kinda hoe-ish of you to include the fact that you were half naked tbh. No hate just being honest.

DarrinS
05-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Kinda hoe-ish of you to include the fact that you were half naked tbh. No hate just being honest.

Aren't most people half naked when they wake up in bed?

mrsmaalox
05-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Has he actually met all the parents face to face? I know they usually have parent teacher evening events to make that happen but my teacher relatives have told me some years actually getting all the parents to those things is like pulling teeth. I can applaud the guy trying to adapt to the changing technology but it seems to me the core problems with getting these things signed are still the same as they were 20 years ago. If a parent is uninformed or apathetic and if a kid is willing to work overtime to keep them in the dark they'll find a way around the system.

I totally understand what teachers are up against with uninvolved parents and sneaky kids. But I see the
situation like this: this teacher has a problem with kids having shitty progress reports that they don't show to parents AND/OR he has a problem with kids forging things. My daughter's progress report was excellent and I signed it, so can I assume she falls into the forging category? If she does, I really need to know. Sending him a pic does not notify me of a problem with my daughter, at what point will he do that? The kids with the bad report, is this what he does instead of notifying parents when their kid is failing also? It seems like an email is the least he could do for either case.

baseline bum
The teacher seems very adept at using technologies like camera phones and text messages.....someone should introduce him to this thing called email where he can send progress reports directly to parents.

ROFL

TDMVPDPOY
daughter and mother send pics naked now plz....

mrsmaalox
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Oh well. I thought admitting I had dried drool on my face was worse :rolleyes My point in including it was that if my daughter hadn't told me to "cover up" she could have just taken the picture and in my somnolent state, I'd have never known and not been aware of why it was being taken.

FkLA
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Really hoe-ish of you to not care that youre coming off as kinda hoe-ish imo. Are you a hoe ?

Trill Clinton
05-06-2013, 03:31 PM

lol gotdayum

chunticakes
05-06-2013, 03:37 PM
this thread is worthless without pics.

lebomb
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Teacher.......... "K, can you bring me a pic of your mom half naked"
K..............."Why Mr. Maguillacuttie?"
Teacher........... "No reason, just wanna see her half naked"

Latarian Milton
05-06-2013, 07:37 PM
dumbass teachers are just so insecure they can't even trust the kids. kids don't lie imho

DeadlyDynasty
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Really hoe-ish of you to not care that youre coming off as kinda hoe-ish imo. Are you a hoe ?
:lolmade me spit up my coffee

The Reckoning
05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
loltinas walking naked around their kids

Wild Cobra
05-07-2013, 05:26 AM
For every one Maalox there are 10 "Oh... ok's"
And people wonder what a boy won't take off his T-shirt.

It's called principle.

Blake
05-07-2013, 08:08 AM

It's called principle.

wut

I. Hustle
05-07-2013, 09:01 AM

It's called principle.

wut

mrsmaalox
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Eh so many hilarious fuckwits in this place :rolleyes

Anyway...my daughter said that yesterday in class she talked to the teacher and said "my mom wouldn't do that because she thought it's just too dumb" and the teacher laughed and said "Yea, it is dumb. Tell your mom you are fine in this class and that there are no problems." There. That's all I needed to know :)

bus driver
05-07-2013, 09:52 AM
how would the teacher know if that is you signing the paper or if you are even signing the correct paper

CosmicCowboy
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
how would the teacher know if that is you signing the paper or if you are even signing the correct paper

DNA swab

TheRealCB
05-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I totally understand what teachers are up against with uninvolved parents and sneaky kids. But I see the
situation like this: this teacher has a problem with kids having shitty progress reports that they don't show to parents AND/OR he has a problem with kids forging things. My daughter's progress report was excellent and I signed it, so can I assume she falls into the forging category? If she does, I really need to know. Sending him a pic does not notify me of a problem with my daughter, at what point will he do that? The kids with the bad report, is this what he does instead of notifying parents when their kid is failing also? It seems like an email is the least he could do for either case.

So it all comes down to " :cry my kid is special,she can't possibly forge so you have to exclude her because it's insulting her :cry "

Fuck parents like that,come on...The teacher is trying to do his job,help him.

Blake
05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
So it all comes down to " :cry my kid is special,she can't possibly forge so you have to exclude her because it's insulting her :cry "

The signature thing is for the parents benefit. Not the teachers.

Fuck the teacher for over stepping his bounds.

mrsmaalox
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM

You obviously can't read very well. Nowhere did I say my child was special and not capable of forging. I said that if my daughter is a problem he needs to tell me directly and I will deal with it and straighten my kid out. I am helping him to do his job.

JudynTX
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
So the teacher just wanted a picture of you in bed?

TheRealCB
05-07-2013, 12:51 PM

:cry my child has perfect grades so she wouldn't have to hide anything from me,only ask the bad-graded students for proof,it them and make them feel inferior :cry

She's too good to be treated like every other kid :cry

As I said before,it's wrong way of thinking.Get over it for your children's sake.

mrsmaalox
05-07-2013, 01:13 PM
:cry my child has perfect grades so she wouldn't have to hide anything from me,only ask the bad-graded students for proof,it them and make them feel inferior :cry

She's too good to be treated like every other kid :cry

As I said before,it's wrong way of thinking.Get over it for your children's sake.

You seem to have glossed over these parts:

I don't think any of the kids, good or bad, should need to provide proof. I'd love for you to quote where in this thread I said my kid wouldn't hide anything from me or that I think she deserves special treatment for having excellent grades. I've only said that if my kid has bad grades or is a forger, I need to be told directly so I can take of it.

CosmicCowboy
05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
meh...just ignore the trollls.

TheRealCB
05-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not trolling. I actually think that her line of thinking is wrong.I am not gonna tell anyone how to raise his/her kids (morese since I am 21 yo) but she put the topic up for discussion.

CosmicCowboy
05-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm not trolling. I actually think that her line of thinking is wrong.I am not gonna tell anyone how to raise his/her kids (morese since I am 21 yo) but she put the topic up for discussion.

:lol

you just did.

jeebus
05-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I would never give my phone # to a teacher. Fuck that. Text reminders for tests? :lmao The coddled generation tbh.

TheRealCB
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM

:lol

you just did.

I made it clear that I was replying to her post.

ploto
05-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Actually, the school should probably be informed. Many schools do not allow teachers to text students. Period. It can lead to all sorts of troubles.

mercos
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Seems like that teacher is crossing all sorts of lines. Not sure I'd want a teacher having my child's phone number and having them text each other. As someone said earlier, there is this ancient technology known as email that seems like it would be a better fit, and the teacher should be emailing parents not students. He gets to see the students in class everyday. I wouldn't have let my kid send them a picture either.

DJR210
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
this.

kinda creepy and weird for a teacher to text his/her students

Next step? Drunk dialing!!

SpursWoman
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Nothing quite so personal, but:

One entire class period in my daughter's government class this semester was dedicated entirely to watching Harlem Shake YouTubes ... the teacher wanted to do one that incorporated govenment/presidents and was looking for inspiration.

I probably would have liked to have seen it, but they weren't about that at all. :lol

Relevancy
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Wait what?? Kids nowadays actually give their teachers their phone numbers? Or is it just your daughter included? I advice you to erase her teachers number from her cell-phone immediately, that's a very dumb thing to do.

mrsmaalox
05-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Yea most the teachers, from what I can tell, text with students. I've mentioned this incident to a couple of school moms I know and they've been surprised by the picture request but no one has said anything about the texting. I have 2 kids in that school, I'm going to talk to them and check their phones, I need to investigate this practice fully.

DJR210
05-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Yea most the teachers, from what I can tell, text with students. I've mentioned this incident to a couple of school moms I know and they've been surprised by the picture request but no one has said anything about the texting. I have 2 kids in that school, I'm going to talk to them and check their phones, I need to investigate this practice fully.

I agree with that. Yes, we are in the tech generation and things have changed, but w/ all the sickos in the world I would prefer my kids keep the communication w/ the teacher in the classroom.

Blake
05-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Shit, if I'm a teacher I keep all communication with students in the classroom and communicate with parents by email.

For my own ass covering.

I guarantee some teacher has been or will be reprimanded for an inappropriate text, even though the teacher was trying to do the right thing.

leemajors
05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Shit, if I'm a teacher I keep all communication with students in the classroom and communicate with parents by email.

For my own ass covering.

I guarantee some teacher has been or will be reprimanded for an inappropriate text, even though the teacher was trying to do the right thing.

Sounds ideal w/email to me, my daughter's current 2nd grade teacher does this.

Blake
05-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Sounds ideal w/email to me, my daughter's current 2nd grade teacher does this.

Yeah same here. Not sure why some high school teachers feel the need to get in students personal space outside the classroom.

Spur|n|Austin
05-09-2013, 01:25 PM
That's weird and I would have done the same, and some. Tell the teacher to upgrade his AOL software so that he is able to send out to @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, and other domains.