PDA

View Full Version : So pop? What did you learn from game 1?

Monkeyboy14
05-06-2013, 11:35 PM
TO PUT LEONARD ON CURRY 24/7

tim_duncan_fan
05-06-2013, 11:53 PM
It doesn't matter who we put on Curry. This team can't guard anyone but the shittiest of D-League players. Fucking disgusting.

spurraider21
05-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Kawhi on Curry all game. no other choice, tbh.

spursfaninla
05-07-2013, 12:37 AM
completely wrong. You do what we did tonight: rotate our best defenders on him to tire him out. Parker to start, then corey whenever he is in. Green during the 3rd, and Leonard on him in the 4th.

Curry guarded himself in the 4th. He was tired, and missed all of his jump shots after the 3rd period. Next game, I expect them to have Curry save himself for the 4th if they are smart.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't know about the whole game. I sure as shit put Kawhi on him to start the third Thursday.

Need to work on our pick and roll D, I'm sure that will be Jackson's adjustment (running more for him to spring him when Kawhi is on him).

Old School 44
05-07-2013, 01:19 AM
That Manu likes medialunas, coffee and orange juice for breakfast.

tomtom
05-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Even though he dropped 40 I thought waiting for the 4th was genius to throw off his rhythm completely

hooperflash
05-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Kawhi on Curry all game. no other choice, tbh.

For real, I mean Kawhi is supposed to be our lockdown defender. Put Parker/Danny on Thompson, then make the appropriate adjustments when needed. If anything, Kawhi could limit Curry's ability to pass for an easy assist.

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2013, 01:42 AM
The real problem is Thompson. He was punishing Parker all night until he fouled out. Curry can score all he wants as long as we limit contributions from Bogut, Jack, and get Parker/Duncan/Ginobili going earlier.

superbigtime
05-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Cory can't guard Steph.

spurraider21
05-07-2013, 02:17 AM
For real, I mean Kawhi is supposed to be our lockdown defender. Put Parker/Danny on Thompson, then make the appropriate adjustments when needed. If anything, Kawhi could limit Curry's ability to pass for an easy assist.
I don't care if Thompson, Jack start scoring. Curry will ice us unless we have Kawhi on him. He's that hot right now. Surreal.

mudyez
05-07-2013, 02:41 AM
completely wrong. You do what we did tonight: rotate our best defenders on him to tire him out. Parker to start, then corey whenever he is in. Green during the 3rd, and Leonard on him in the 4th.

Curry guarded himself in the 4th. He was tired, and missed all of his jump shots after the 3rd period. Next game, I expect them to have Curry save himself for the 4th if they are smart.

Someone who gets it.
You always want to have fresh legs against him and it's always a good thing to give different looks, avoiding adjustments.

I didn't see the game yet, but I guess Klay was so buissy defending Parker, that he finally fouled out.

Johnny RIngo
05-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Don't know what they're gonna do about Klay Thompson - he defends Parker better than most. Tony caught a break with him fouling out. Otherwise, this would have gone down as one of Parker's all-time worst playoff games

milkyway21
05-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Even though he dropped 40 I thought waiting for the 4th was genius to throw off his rhythm completely
looked like Curry ran out of gas... :D :(

Chinook
05-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Leonard and Green did a great job at using their size to bother Curry. The problem with using that full-time is the cross match-up problems it creates.

Parker is the weak link in the Spurs' perimeter defense this series. He's too small to make switching as seamless as it needs to be. Also, it seemed like the Spurs were trying to help and recover instead of rotating. That really prevented them from helping Parker without giving up easy shots. When Joseph is in, the Spurs should be able to switch more effectively, as Cory has a better chance against Thompson.

milkyway21
05-07-2013, 05:14 AM
in order to beat the perimeter GSW shooters you have to resurrect your Spurs 3pt-shooters too like Green, Neal, & Manu

that Manu's favorite breakfast meal -

http://cocinar.name/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mujer.jpg

Horse
05-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Splitter is gonna be the difference between a grindout series and a potentially easy series. Last night is the only game I thought we could lose due to rust. But just like the lakers series we're only going to play better going foward and I dont see them playing any better than they did for atleast the first 3 qrts. Splitter will take away all those offensive rebounds, shut down the lane and make bogut have to go 1 against 2 inside all night.

100%duncan
05-07-2013, 07:10 AM
That's going to be dumb. Leonard will tire out before the 4th even starts tbh.

ManuTastic
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
More like switch on every screen. Their shooters are just that good. With Tony, Danny, KL and Diaw, we have at least competent perimeter defenders (I know, Tony needs to step it up on D). If Curry gets one sliver of daylight, it's buckets. Kid is amazing.

Captivus
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
IMO! This thread need some expert input.
At some point, as much as I watch basketball, I dont know exactly what to do to stop this team.
GSW is a shooting team, but the Spurs are also a shooting team.

The one thing that I would try to evade is not leeting Parker guard Thompson, and thats the problem. Because if we want Kiwi or Green on Curry, than Parker HAS to guard Thompson. And a team cant switch in every play, thats the key to me.
If I had to make a plan (with my basic knowledge) I would let Parker on Curry, he is gonna score no matter what, this way I can send Green or Kiwi on Klay, at least one of them is gonna have a harder time scoring. Unless someone tells me something like: "Kiwi/Green WILL stop Curry"...(?)
Splitter will help a lot, Bogut should not be able to handle TD and TS at the same time.

Good news: The Spurs minute distribution is better (Klay's fouls didnt help them, but Tiago will also help the Spurs), we are a better team.
But like many said about Miami last year: You dont need a bench when Lebron can play 48 minutes. Same with Curry.

This is the moment when coaches are measured!

EricB
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Maybe I saw a different game but Parker was in Curry's and others face pretty good on some shots, they just made em. Don't know how else you can guard shots like when Curry pulls up from 32 freakin feet.

Gervin44Silas13
05-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Boguts fucking moving pics....weren't being called@!!!!!!!!

DarrinS
05-07-2013, 08:19 AM
That's going to be dumb. Leonard will tire out before the 4th even starts tbh.

This

therealtruth
05-07-2013, 08:37 AM
IMO! This thread need some expert input.
At some point, as much as I watch basketball, I dont know exactly what to do to stop this team.
GSW is a shooting team, but the Spurs are also a shooting team.

The one thing that I would try to evade is not leeting Parker guard Thompson, and thats the problem. Because if we want Kiwi or Green on Curry, than Parker HAS to guard Thompson. And a team cant switch in every play, thats the key to me.
If I had to make a plan (with my basic knowledge) I would let Parker on Curry, he is gonna score no matter what, this way I can send Green or Kiwi on Klay, at least one of them is gonna have a harder time scoring. Unless someone tells me something like: "Kiwi/Green WILL stop Curry"...(?)
Splitter will help a lot, Bogut should not be able to handle TD and TS at the same time.

Good news: The Spurs minute distribution is better (Klay's fouls didnt help them, but Tiago will also help the Spurs), we are a better team.
But like many said about Miami last year: You dont need a bench when Lebron can play 48 minutes. Same with Curry.

This is the moment when coaches are measured!

It would be nice to have a guy like TMac that can punish Curry down low if they put Klay on Parker.

Old School 44
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Defensively, you got to mix it up on Curry. By keeping one guy, one style of defense on him for most of the game, great players will adjust to that single defender. By putting Kawhi on him late, you give him a different look he hasn't seen most of the game. Maybe Curry has to arch the ball a little higher or pass the ball a little wider, because of Kawhi's length. Something he didn't have to do for 3 quarters.

Also make him work on defense. Even if the play is not for Joseph, Green, Neal or who ever Curry's guarding, make him chase you around through numerous screens, all over the court. Don't let him rest on D.