PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green..

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Great performance from both guys, tbh..

Danny was clutch and his shooting was huge down the stretch..

Leonard started off slowly, but as usual, he contributed in every other way and his shooting eventually returned to form..

They were the best players on the Spurs roster today IMO..

007nites
05-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Green blocked the shit out of Curry on that one play.

apalisoc_9
05-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Great performance from both guys, tbh..

Danny was clutch and his shooting was huge down the stretch..

Leonard started off slowly, but as usual, he contributed in every other way and his shooting eventually returned to form..

They were the best players on the Spurs roster today IMO..

+1

CGD
05-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I was also pleasantly surprised by Boris's clutchness.

Kuestmaster
05-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Big big big props to them. Specially to Green after his performance in the last WCF, he really stepped up tonight

Richie
05-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Green, Diaw and Kawhi all came up very clutch.

DPG21920
05-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Definitely great to see. So many nice moments from them. They just stayed confident and calm.

Also, this is exactly why I prefered the Nuggets. GS is dangerous and have so many shooters. But DG and KL did a great job.

Green and Leonard definitely deserve more praise than Manu. They were motherfucking clutch in the end.

Mugen
Kawhi/Green/Diaw were unbelievable.

urunobili
05-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Hoping for them to be timvp's only A's tbh

pgardn
05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Same 3 from me.

Add a lot of Mark Jackson for his kindness via stupidity.

hooperflash
05-07-2013, 12:33 AM
They played their hearts out, excellent production from our young bloods.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-07-2013, 12:35 AM
yep boris dg and kawhi showed big balls tonight...dg and kawhi did alot of growing up tonight

james evans
05-07-2013, 12:36 AM
i'm just glad pop didn't give up and put the NIT tournament team in to close the game. normally he mails it in with a lead that late. i hope leonard is guarding curry from the start next game. is it me, or do the refs let curry get away with an insane amount of palming when he dribbles? once a player puts his hands under the ball, he can only do 2 things. shoot it or pass it. he's always puttting it back on the floor and that makes a man unguardable. durant and harden do the same shit. they'll call soft touch fouls, but won't call that BS.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Diaw stepping up and hitting two clutch jumpers was unexpected, to say the least. Glad to see that when they took out the cyst, they gave him some balls.

spurraider21
05-07-2013, 12:40 AM
i feel like with the warriors defense, this will be a series where Green starts getting more open looks, as opposed to the Lakers series which didn't include a lot of double teaming. it was only bonner that was getting a lot of looks, because pau/dwight are guys that defend the paint, and dont come out to the perimeter. neal, green, leonard weren't exactly getting tons of outside shots off in that series either, because that was the Lakers gameplan. GS should be more porous defending, especially when they miss long shots which lead to long rebounds and transition, which is where Green finds a large bulk of his 3's

tbh

mercos
05-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Add Boris to that list. He came up with some huge plays down the stretch. Danny Green played great all night. Leonard was amazing in the end, big shots, big passes, and big defense.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Definitely have to give credit to Diaw, he made huge shots down the stretch..

Bogut isn't going to dominate him on the offensive end, and he can't cover Diaw on D..

Brazil
05-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Diaw played also great defense down the stretch tbh

crc21209
05-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Green never looked like he was overwhelmed by the challenge tonight, which was great to see. Kawhi's D on Curry from the 4th qtr on wqs awesome..:td

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Let's hope this puts confidence in Green that will cause him to never disappear again.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Boris also defended Curry really well.

TD 21
05-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I (along with timvp and Chinook, among others . . . that I can't remember) told you fools that Green's struggles against the Thunder were just random. Still can't believe the amount of people who wrote him off as a choker because of one bad series, that came on the heels of an extended, torrid shooting stretch.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
What I especially liked was that both of them struggled early on. Green hit a couple of threes early but was really inconsistent. The Warriors were funneling the ball to him and running him off the three point line and let's just say driving the lane is not his strength. It seemed to effect his overall game. Kawhi was put on Curry early and Curry ate him up. He was slow to react and set up poorly allowing Curry to go around him and shred our defense with his penetration.

Both battled though and broke through. Kawhi figured Curry out --he started missing contested shots too-- and Green's help defense and and disruptions generated stops and turnovers. Both hit HUMONGOUS shots.

Have to love that type of performance. Excellent, gritty play.

Nathan89
05-07-2013, 01:12 AM
I (along with timvp and Chinook, among others . . . that I can't remember) told you fools that Green's struggles against the Thunder were just random. Still can't believe the amount of people who wrote him off as a choker because of one bad series, that came on the heels of an extended, torrid shooting stretch.

:rolleyes No, he played like shit in the WCF and then in the entire 1st round. You can hoist him on your shoulders if you want after the 1 good game.

TD 21
05-07-2013, 01:14 AM
:rolleyes No, he played like shit in the WCF and then in the entire 1st round. You can hoist him on your shoulders if you want after the 1 good game.

Yeah, but people were complaining about him throughout the year because of the WCF and that's obviously what I was referring to.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-07-2013, 01:19 AM
danny played like shit against thethunder because he went cold...imo...just his streakyness coming back to bite him in the ass...nothing about choking imo..he's either hot or cold

DJB
05-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Any one with a GIF of Danny's block on Curry?

DAF86
05-07-2013, 01:25 AM
I've criticised Green before but his play tonight was awesome, great job son. :tu

Leonard, I love you.

Dro210
05-07-2013, 02:41 AM
is it me, or do the refs let curry get away with an insane amount of palming when he dribbles? once a player puts his hands under the ball, he can only do 2 things. shoot it or pass it. he's always puttting it back on the floor and that makes a man unguardable. durant and harden do the same shit. they'll call soft touch fouls, but won't call that BS.

Yea, he does do it all the time.

Stephen Carry, tbh

Chinook
05-07-2013, 02:58 AM

It's not about whether he played well against the Thunder or not. We all know he didn't play well. But people thought he didn't play well because the moment got to him, and that just wasn't the case. All year people were wanting to get rid of Green, no matter how well he was playing. Some compared him to Bonner, because "in the biggest moments..." while completely ignoring Green's clutch play in the Clippers series. So I do think people who doubted his mental makeup should eat some crow.

Green may not have another good game for the rest of this series, but it won't be because he doesn't have the fortitude for it. We CAN say that for sure now.

Johnny RIngo
05-07-2013, 03:05 AM

He's streaky as hell - that's much different than a choke artist. Green was hitting everything until the Thunder series last year. This year, he was missing everything until the Warrior's game.

BatManu20
05-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Kawhi/Green/Diaw were unbelievable.

siraulo23
05-07-2013, 05:15 AM
diaw was fucking huge

hit clutch shots and did an unbelievable job on curry, im not sure if he's gonna have continued success vs curry but he played him pretty darn good

z0sa
05-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Green's shot making definitely made me eat crow tonight. Keep it up Danny.

Austin_Toros
05-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Props to Diaw and Green. Really hope they continue to be consistent these finals, especially after Green went missing last WCF.

bklynspursfan
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Last night's play by Green was almost identical to the one against the Lakers. He's knocked down some big time shots, and we need him to continue to play confidently!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI)

Chinook
05-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Watching the game again, it's amazing how well these two played. The Warriors really had no answer for either of them on either end for the last 15 minutes or so of game time. They both took over the scoring load at times (Leonard in the paint was even more impressive than Green from three), and their energy on defense was outstanding.

I was especially happy with Green's defense, as he managed to hold his own against power-forwards and not only keeping them from scoring but also forcing turnovers and drawing fouls. If he can guard small fours consistently, then that opens up a lot of room for Leonard to guard the best perimeter players in small-ball lineups.

DarrinS
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Green and Leonard definitely deserve more praise than Manu. They were motherfucking clutch in the end.

Lol. Who was passing them the ball?

05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Lol. Who was passing them the ball?
Who passed the ball to Manu for the game winning 3? Green and Leonard both scored more points than Manu in the overtimes and end of regulation. They also played clutch defense.

hater
05-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Green's testicles dropped. Allah is great IMO

Spurs7794
05-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Last night's play by Green was almost identical to the one against the Lakers. He's knocked down some big time shots, and we need him to continue to play confidently!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI)

Before that play, I was telling myself that they need to run that play for Green again. As soon as Parker took it from the other end, I knew that they were going back to that play. So glad he drilled it...if he missed, everyone would be calling him a choker.

spurraider21
05-07-2013, 11:24 AM
in all the pre-series threads, i said Green's shooting will be much more important in this series than the Lakers series. because of the way the Lakers D was playing us, they stayed home on all shooters and let our ball handlers/screen setters do all the damage. the only shooter that got consistent looks was bonner because their bigs were hesitant to step out. the warriors play a much more chaotic defense aimed at forcing turnovers so they can run, so they will leave shooters

DarrinS
05-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Who passed the ball to Manu for the game winning 3? Green and Leonard both scored more points than Manu in the overtimes and end of regulation. They also played clutch defense.

They both played very well. I'm just pointing out that Manu had a team high 11 assists.

Spurs Brazil
05-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm not a fan of Green but he was great yesterday. Made big plays on D and was clutch in the end

Shabazz
05-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Danny is the man!

According to this completely biased Tar Heel.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Wow, Kawhi and Green killing the Warriors on both ends tonight..

Do it one more time, tbh..the team needs to make a conscious effort to keep them involved next game..

Spurs Brazil
05-14-2013, 10:56 PM
They were GREAT today.

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Leonard and Green isn't better than Bogans and Mason though, they still have work to do to reach that level, tbh:lol..