PDA

View Full Version : MANU GINOBILI CLUTCH!!!!!!!!

Brunodf
05-07-2013, 12:16 AM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

After a horrible shot, he makes that one! Spurs is coming
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2589595/ginobliwins_medium.gif

:lolCurry
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJo1FaeCcAE1Bcs.jpg:large

dbreiden83080
05-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Manu... One minute you want to punch him in the face..

The next you want to give him a hug..

Brunodf
05-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Gif added

KaiRMD1
05-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Pop" I went from wanting to trade him on the spot to wanting to cook him breakfast in the morning" I feel the same way.

romain.star
05-07-2013, 12:29 AM
The stupidest 3 you could imagine followed by the cluchest 3 in recent memories, Manu is just different

Aztecfan03
05-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Is that why he missed the first overtime game winner?

Give someone enough chances and eventually they will make one. It's not clutch.

AztecSpur
05-07-2013, 09:46 PM

Don't dis the guy, it was clutch. You miss, you choke, he didn't choke.

Chinook
05-07-2013, 09:58 PM

Don't dis the guy, it was clutch. You miss, you choke, he didn't choke.

There's very little evidence that clutch players truly exist. Usually, players with that mystique actually shoot about their career averages in those situations. Logically, it doesn't make too much sense for clutchness to exist.

You have players like Horry and supposedly Jack who were supposed to come up clutch when the games matter. But you show me a guy who turns it up during the post-season, and I'll show you a player who was half-assing it during the regular season. Waiting until the playoffs to play the way you should have the whole time gets no credit from me.

Choking, on the other hand, can certainly exist. Players certainly can crumble under pressure. The fact that Ginobili didn't is worth a good amount of praise.

TampaDude
05-07-2013, 10:12 PM
It's what I do...

TheGoldStandard
05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
The look of the Warriors faces on the bench during all the timeouts during out 18-2 run and then in overtime. Priceless

Sean Cagney
05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
There's very little evidence that clutch players truly exist. Usually, players with that mystique actually shoot about their career averages in those situations. Logically, it doesn't make too much sense for clutchness to exist.

You have players like Horry and supposedly Jack who were supposed to come up clutch when the games matter. But you show me a guy who turns it up during the post-season, and I'll show you a player who was half-assing it during the regular season. Waiting until the playoffs to play the way you should have the whole time gets no credit from me.

I would take a guy on our team who turns it up that time of the year any day of the week! That helps you win the titles. BTW Jack had some good regular seasons as well! Horry never put up huge numbers you are right, but dude was as clutch as it gets for three teams! Everywhere he went he would excell in the clutch! Give me that anytime too! I like players who can come up big when you need it. The ones that do good all year long and fade int he playoffs are the ones I don't like, the ones that don't have that IT as I call it.

Eddy from Austin
05-07-2013, 10:24 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/2625/popcooking.jpg

TheGoldStandard
05-07-2013, 10:30 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/2625/popcooking.jpg

Matt Bonner showed up and asked who the extra place setting was for

Chinook
05-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I would take a guy on our team who turns it up that time of the year any day of the week! That helps you win the titles. BTW Jack had some good regular seasons as well! Horry never put up huge numbers you are right, but dude was as clutch as it gets for three teams! Everywhere he went he would excell in the clutch! Give me that anytime too! I like players who can come up big when you need it. The ones that do good all year long and fade int he playoffs are the ones I don't like, the ones that don't have that IT as I call it.

Players that half-ass it for most of the year are a disgrace to their teams. They're pretty much saying to they're teammates, "You guys do all the work; I'll help when I feel like it." I'd have a major problem with it if I were a player. There's no reason why Horry couldn't have decided to care the whole season; it didn't make his a better post-season performer. If the Spurs has missed the playoffs or gotten poor seeding due to his lack of effort, then what he ended up doing wouldn't matter.

Also, Horry probably shot at about his average in the clutch. I think he might be the exception, though. For players like Jordan, there's no distinction between shooting percentage in and out of clutch situations. That's because they focused on being consistently great. If Horry truly did shoot a higher percentage in the clutch, it's because he let him mind wander too much most of the other times. That's not a good quality to have at all.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Players that half-ass it for most of the year are a disgrace to their teams. They're pretty much saying to they're teammates, "You guys do all the work; I'll help when I feel like it." I'd have a major problem with it if I were a player. There's no reason why Horry couldn't have decided to care the whole season; it didn't make his a better post-season performer. If the Spurs has missed the playoffs or gotten poor seeding due to his lack of effort, then what he ended up doing wouldn't matter.

Also, Horry probably shot at about his average in the clutch. I think he might be the exception, though. For players like Jordan, there's no distinction between shooting percentage in and out of clutch situations. That's because they focused on being consistently great. If Horry truly did shoot a higher percentage in the clutch, it's because he let him mind wander too much most of the other times. That's not a good quality to have at all.

I am pretty sure it was because Horry just was loose in those situations and never afraid to let it fly! If he did get scared at all we don't have our third title! He saved our ass in 05 and as I said I would take him on my team anyday. Horry's Numbers raised in the playoffs, I will take that anyday over a guy who can shoot 40% from three all year long and then shits the bed when the playoffs begin. We disagree here though I see, no problem I just would like a Horry and Jax on my team during the playoffs (Jax had good numbers during the season though usually). Horry never was great during the year, but I am pretty sure even during regular season games he cared and was clutch! You only see the playoff highlights now, but he had some games during the season as well. It was not like he did not care at all, he did coast yes but he still cared I am sure.

Aztecfan03
05-08-2013, 12:08 AM

Choking, on the other hand, can certainly exist. Players certainly can crumble under pressure. The fact that Ginobili didn't is worth a good amount of praise.

I'm not gonna give him credit at all for that lousy performance. 25% shooting and missed some key shots at important times.

SpursRock20
05-08-2013, 12:11 AM

"Clutchness' might be difficult to point to and show with empirical evidence. But I am almost certain it exists. There are players who just raise their level of play and the basket seems to get larger for them when the moment is at its biggest. It doesn't just have to apply to the playoffs, it can be in any late-game situation. I mean look at Nate Robinson and tell me hasn't been clutch in these playoffs. Everyone knows he is going to shoot it and even though he is only 5'9 he still finds a way to get a difficult shot off and it has been going in for him (both against the Nets and the Heat). If that is not clutch, then I don't know what is.

Capster
05-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Ginobili ROCKS!!!! Have watched the replay of that 3 pt. shot over and over! What a thrill!

ace3g
05-08-2013, 12:42 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0507/grant_manu_chart_1152.jpg

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/61250/courtvision-manu-ginobili-at-57

NRHector
05-08-2013, 01:08 AM

Manu wasn't supposed to be in the play or get the ball but I'm glad he did

Fernando TD21
05-08-2013, 01:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8MGVHaShA

Zzakk's Garage
05-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Horry was a special case--he was pretty old when we signed him and Pop said a million times that we were saving him for playoff magic.
We thought Roger Mason Jr. was, but during the playoffs he failed too often and provided a blueprint for Gary Neal's career path if he doesn't step up and shoot well when the game is on the line like a cold-blooded assassin.

Tony, Manu, and TD are most definitely deserving of the term Clutch.
Personally, I think Kawhi Leonard shows signs of having the balls necessary, and I'm hoping IcyHot does, too.

Oh, and Baynes of course.

ace3g
05-08-2013, 01:48 AM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tumblr_mmf2gw7d9A1qam820o1_500.jpg

found that through google images

Holden_Caulfield
05-08-2013, 03:20 AM
in the last shot of first OT i wanted him to drive the ball. then i he shot a J and i was like nooooooooo wtf whyyyyyy go the fuck in youre usually automatic! lol. do your euro step thingy. and he didnt and missed badly and i was like really wtf was that.

Chinook
05-08-2013, 06:44 AM
"Clutchness' might be difficult to point to and show with empirical evidence. But I am almost certain it exists. There are players who just raise their level of play and the basket seems to get larger for them when the moment is at its biggest. It doesn't just have to apply to the playoffs, it can be in any late-game situation. I mean look at Nate Robinson and tell me hasn't been clutch in these playoffs. Everyone knows he is going to shoot it and even though he is only 5'9 he still finds a way to get a difficult shot off and it has been going in for him (both against the Nets and the Heat). If that is not clutch, then I don't know what is.

There's a difference between being clutch and just trying harder. Of course players can start trying harder in the playoffs. Even great players have another gear. But that usually doesn't apply to things like field-goal percentage. Players can take over in clutch situations, but they're not better shooters for it. The only people who might actually have better percentages are well-known half-assers like Horry or players who benefit from teams trying to shut down superstars.

In short, Robinson's performance is great, but it's not clutch in the sense that Ginobili's shot would be.

Chinook
05-08-2013, 06:46 AM
I'm not gonna give him credit at all for that lousy performance. 25% shooting and missed some key shots at important times.

I'm talking about last shot. Ginobili didn't choke on that last shot, which IS worth some praise.

Chinook
05-08-2013, 06:52 AM
I am pretty sure it was because Horry just was loose in those situations and never afraid to let it fly! If he did get scared at all we don't have our third title! He saved our ass in 05 and as I said I would take him on my team anyday. Horry's Numbers raised in the playoffs, I will take that anyday over a guy who can shoot 40% from three all year long and then shits the bed when the playoffs begin. We disagree here though I see, no problem I just would like a Horry and Jax on my team during the playoffs (Jax had good numbers during the season though usually). Horry never was great during the year, but I am pretty sure even during regular season games he cared and was clutch! You only see the playoff highlights now, but he had some games during the season as well. It was not like he did not care at all, he did coast yes but he still cared I am sure.

You can just have a guy who shoots 40 percent all year long AND in the playoffs. They exist, you know. And they're actually worthy of praise. Players that fade down the stretch hurt their teams, but at least they're not doing it on purpose. Players that lose games for their teams just because they don't try hard with it "doesn't count" have no excuse. It's one thing when a coach shuts you down like with Horry. But it'd be another for Jack to have tried to pretend like he deserved playing time over Green and Ginobili just because he had a better playoff performance last season.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
You can just have a guy who shoots 40 percent all year long AND in the playoffs. They exist, you know. And they're actually worthy of praise. Players that fade down the stretch hurt their teams, but at least they're not doing it on purpose. Players that lose games for their teams just because they don't try hard with it "doesn't count" have no excuse. It's one thing when a coach shuts you down like with Horry. But it'd be another for Jack to have tried to pretend like he deserved playing time over Green and Ginobili just because he had a better playoff performance last season.

A guy who shoots 40% or so and does it during the playoffs too is like GOLD! That's a rare player, give me that guy on this team now! I disagree with you like I said, Horry deserves Praise for no fear on that last shot and his clutch play, I won't take that away from him and would take him on my team as well. I agree on the last part you said about Jack. Regular season counts indeed, but the playoffs count much more and that #1 seed can be null if your team has little to no clutch guys on the team and they fade during the playoffs like round one 011. Regular season meant jack then.

Rummpd
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
No surprise here Manu was most clutch player in NBA for years; http://www.82games.com/clutchplay3.htm