PDA

View Full Version : Pivotal Games Of The Past Season

MannyIsGod
07-10-2005, 03:00 PM
In the season, there were 3 standout games that everyone can agree on.

1/21/2005 Spurs @ Suns W 128-123 2OT

Spurs come back from a large double digit deficit in the 4th Quater against the Suns. Brent Barry hits several clutch threes - including 2 in a row to send the game into OT - and Manu leads the team with 48 points and some incredible dunks in OT.

It's quite possible that this game denied the Suns any confidence in their ability to beat the Suns, and may have indeed played a role in the way they were manhandled by the Spurs 4 months later in the WCF.

4/9/2005 Spurs @ Clippers W 125-124 2OT

Not having Tim Duncan for the game and losing Rasho Nestorovich to an ankle sprain in the game, a front line led by Tony Massenburg and Robert Horry filled in superbly. Led once again by Manu in a 40 point game, the hero of the night was Horry who hit a game winning 3 pointer and followed it up with a game saving block.

4/10/2005 Spurs @ Warriors

Quite possibly the moment when San Antonio realized it's date with destiny. Coming off of the double overtime win against the Clippers the night before without their 2 biggest stars and their starting center, few gave the Spurs a chance to win this game.

However, a total team effort ensued for the majority of the game and the Spurs did not roll over and die. Horry, Barry, and Bowen each provided 17 points in addition to Robinsons 12 off the bench. Mohammed starting for Rasho, came up huge with a 19 point 15 rebound performance. However, the star of the show was the smallest member of the Spurs Big Three. Tony Parker was good for 35 points and 12 assists which included a game winning shot in a legendary duel with Warrior guard Baron Davis.

This game solidified the team's confidence only six games going into the playoffs. It also marked the emergence of Nazr as the starting center; something that would not change the rest of the season regardless of Rasho's heart. It was one of many defining - possibly the most important - moments in the Spurs season.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2005, 03:03 PM
damnit manny dont rub it in

i had to listen to that bad ass baron/tony duel on woai, which wasnt the same, DAMN i wish i coulda watched that one....the woai announcer was going awol
i think i missed the clipper game too, i had to listen to that one as well

thispego and i watched the suns game together and all of his frat roomates kept scoffing duncan and the spurs and saying how they sucked and were boring, etc....u can get i rubbed it in their faces after that one

MannyIsGod
07-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I've been watching some of them. I borrowed Ginofan's DVD collection of the games form this season but the Clips game cuts of in the first OT and the GS game doesn't work for whatever reason. I did get to watch the entire Pheonix game however, and that was awesome.

Leetonidas
07-10-2005, 03:10 PM
The Phoenix game was a classic. I loved that one.

gospursgojas
07-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I saw all three...I think I only missed 2 or 3 games all season....thanks to my DVR

spurschick
07-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I saw all three...I think I only missed 2 or 3 games all season....thanks to my DVR

I gots to get me one of those fancy thangs.
:drunk

gospursgojas
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I gots to get me one of those fancy thangs.
:drunk

:lol :lol :lol

But if you are serious they are only like 15 bucks extra a month if you already have dig cable :spin

spurschick
07-10-2005, 05:09 PM
:lol :lol :lol

But if you are serious they are only like 15 bucks extra a month if you already have dig cable :spin

I do. I will probably look into it for next season.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 05:09 PM
This proves that San Antonio is good without Duncan. If they sucked than I would give Duncan the advantage over Garnett.

gospursgojas
07-10-2005, 05:24 PM
This proves that San Antonio is good without Duncan. If they sucked than I would give Duncan the advantage over Garnett.

Good enough to barley beat the Clips and the Warriors doesn't make the Spurs champions without Tim.

KG wasn't good enough to make it to the playoffs