PDA

View Full Version : To the Spurs fans and Spurs haters who went to sleep before the game was over

The_Worlds_finest
05-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of your life. Your breakfast is going to taste better than any meal you've ever eaten. (forgive me for the excessive thread start but its on my mind right now)

Richie
05-07-2013, 12:21 AM
6:20am and I don't even care. What a game.

romain.star
05-07-2013, 12:22 AM
They've just missed one of the most epic finale ni recent memories... I'd feel a bit stupid

Budkin
05-07-2013, 02:01 AM
How about all the "fans" who left the game right before the comeback? The arena was lookin kinda empty when OT started.

crc21209
05-07-2013, 02:04 AM
How about all the "fans" who left the game right before the comeback? The arena was lookin kinda empty when OT started.

How weak was that. I've NEVER left a Spurs game early. The game is too damn unpredictable and I like to soak up every second that I'm at a live game....

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2013, 02:07 AM
I have never left a Spurs game early by choice. I got dragged from a preseason game with about two minutes left once, and on my way through the doors Kawhi nailed a pull up game winner. I was livid, and it was JUST PRESEASON.

I want to punch anyone who left their seat at 4:00 remaining. It's playoff basketball, and it's the Spurs. Anything can happen.

To however many thousands of people stayed and witnessed glory, YOU DESERVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT MAGIC.

Stabula
05-07-2013, 02:12 AM
I watched it all through the ups and downs but honestly I can't blame those who stopped watching. When you're being blown out by 18 with 4 minutes left and Curry is getting anything he wants it's hard to stay in the game. The Spurs have been known to randomly, spectacularly, and pathetically collapse. Look at the WCF last year or even the end of this year's regular season.

Horry Hipcheck
05-07-2013, 02:17 AM
I watched it all through the ups and downs but honestly I can't blame those who stopped watching. When you're being blown out by 18 with 4 minutes left and Curry is getting anything he wants it's hard to stay in the game. The Spurs have been known to randomly, spectacularly, and pathetically collapse. Look at the WCF last year or even the end of this year's regular season.

I don't know that I'd call last year's WCF a collapse. Sure, we went from 2-0 up to 4-2 down, but Games 5 and 6 were highly competitive and frankly we should have seen a Game 7 in SA. Literally nobody who watched Game 6 would argue that it was called fairly.

As for this season, eh. I never really viewed the last ten games or so with any sort of surprise. Pop's made it abundantly clear in the past that seeding rarely interests him, especially when the Lakers, Rockets, and Jazz hadn't gotten the last two seeds decided until the final day of the season. If this game was happening in any other month but this one, I'd have shut off the TV. I would not have left the arena, period. But that's me.

Zzakk's Garage
05-07-2013, 03:00 AM
My friends left ATT Center early and got tortured by the comeback on their car radio. Our cable was out and radio is only for emergencies in my book so we drove across town to watch the 2nd half and OT.
What a ride!

I want to make breakfast for Manu, too.

Props to Danny Green and Kawhi for some clutch shots.
And RJ for being RJ. .

Crookshanks
05-07-2013, 07:39 AM
I'd worked a 10-hour day and was so tired I couldn't stay awake, so I called it a night during the 4th quarter. I'm so sorry I missed the exciting comeback and win, but it was so wonderful to check the score this morning and find that the Spurs won! :toast :flag:

Gervin44Silas13
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
WHO CAN SLEEP AFTER THAT GAME!!!!

biskvito
05-07-2013, 08:22 AM
who the hell can predict Danny Green was in one of his clutch nights?

therealtruth
05-07-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't know that I'd call last year's WCF a collapse. Sure, we went from 2-0 up to 4-2 down, but Games 5 and 6 were highly competitive and frankly we should have seen a Game 7 in SA. Literally nobody who watched Game 6 would argue that it was called fairly.

As for this season, eh. I never really viewed the last ten games or so with any sort of surprise. Pop's made it abundantly clear in the past that seeding rarely interests him, especially when the Lakers, Rockets, and Jazz hadn't gotten the last two seeds decided until the final day of the season. If this game was happening in any other month but this one, I'd have shut off the TV. I would not have left the arena, period. But that's me.

The margin for error in the WCF was so small I think the Spurs lost the series when they gave away game 3 and allowed OKC to get confidence. They didn't know that they could beat the Spurs till that point. But once they did they played like that for the rest of the series.

hooperflash
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I have never left a Spurs game early by choice. I got dragged from a preseason game with about two minutes left once, and on my way through the doors Kawhi nailed a pull up game winner. I was livid, and it was JUST PRESEASON.

I want to punch anyone who left their seat at 4:00 remaining. It's playoff basketball, and it's the Spurs. Anything can happen.

To however many thousands of people stayed and witnessed glory, YOU DESERVED EVERY SECOND OF THAT MAGIC.

I was there for Houston as well, had dinner with Danny and CoJo afterwards... before they became great role players.

Rapper
05-07-2013, 10:03 AM
uh8MGVHaShA