PDA

View Full Version : favorite cigar?

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 03:01 PM
any other afficianados here?

currently i like the rocky patel 1990 vintage a lot. also, the padron 1964 anniversary is very smooth.

other brands i find myself enjoying:

ashton
avos
davidoff
macanudo - cant go wrong, doesnt empty your wallet
h upmann - ditto
romeo y julieta
graycliff

back when i was a poor college student i couldnt go wrong with some henry clays. nothing special, but a good solid smoke.

i had some authentic cohibas once. those were the shit.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 03:04 PM
oh, and mr. dio, swisher sweets are not acceptable.

Sense
07-10-2005, 03:18 PM
what about black and mild?

lol

Johnny Tightlips
07-10-2005, 03:35 PM
i smoke alotta things

JoePublic
07-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I like to roll my own blunts. :smokin

TheAdmiral#50
07-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Havana Honeys & Swisher Sweets :hat

scott
07-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Some of my faves currently getting prepped in my humidor:

Olivia "O" Maduro
Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series
Partagas Black Label Maduro
the aforementioned Ashton Maduro
Cohiba Extra Vigaroso
Romeo y Julietta Black Label Reserve

When in a place friendly to Cuban Cigars, but charges a pretty premium to Americans - check out Jose L. Piedras. It's a good Cuban for a good price. Can't beat a real Cohiba though. Also, I've been able to score some pre-embargo Cubans at the local humidors around town... a little on the pricey side, but worth it.

iminlakerland
07-10-2005, 05:03 PM
i dont do cigars, or anything of the like

Notorious H.O.P.
07-10-2005, 05:10 PM
I tend to like the spicy flavor of some corojo leaf cigars, particularly the very good and affordable Punch Rare Corojo.

Cuban Cohibas are indeed the shit but so powerful that I've had to do two separate smoking sessions at times for just one cigar.

Macanudo Robustos have also been good to me as they are full bodied and well priced.

When I play poker, we build in 30 minute smoking sessions between rounds and I find the Macanudo, CAO and Cohiba minis (tins) fit perfectly in that time frame.

Romeo and Julietta Churchills en Tubo are pretty good for a medium bodied somke.

Partagas Black is good and Montecristo and Davidoff make it on my radar when I feel like spending an extra couple of buck on a smoke.

And of course, it seems all Cuban cigars were grown and rolled by the hand of God. I've been fortunate enough to try four different brands including Cohiba and H Upmann and even the "dog shit no labels", as my friend refers to them, are still more flavorful and smooth than practically all others I've tasted.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 05:31 PM
some good choices above. the worst thing for me is that i live 5 minutes from a cigar shop. the temptation is often too great to resist.

i need to find a good discounter to buy some boxes from. i've come across jrcigars.com (http://www.jrcigars.com/) but haven't ordered anything yet.

in regards to cohiba, i had a box of 25 that i went through in about 2 weeks. man it was nice to be able to come home every day and be able to fire one of those up.

scott
07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
www.thompsoncigars.com has some good deals - but are especially useful when trying to track down some of the stuff that doesn't last long on the Cigar Shop shelf. I get my Olivia's from that site.

MB/H.O.P.: either of you tried the Candela wrapper? They are supposedly an "it" cigar right now... which has the result of making me skeptical that it's any good. I'd like to try one, but they are hard to find at the shops and I'm definitely not going to buy a box.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 05:54 PM
not yet.

Notorious H.O.P.
07-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Found an article about candelas in an old link to CA

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Archives/CA_Show_Article/0,2322,1251,00.html

I bought one to try out a while back but someone else decided to try it out when I opened my small humidor stock to them. They said it was mild to the point of not having much taste but they, like me, are partial to medium- to full-bodied smokes. They also indicated that there was a slightly sweet bitterness to it at times. I know that Thompson pimps the hell out of the candelas, including their Iguana brand but I haven't had a chance to sample a candela yet. And other than the Old Timers (Thompson red label I believe), I haven't tasted any other Thompson products. People tend to run really hot or really cold when talking Thompsons but I liked the ones I tried.

Mark in Austin
07-10-2005, 07:15 PM
i dont do cigars, or anything of the like

signed,

Monica Lewinski

iminlakerland
07-10-2005, 07:46 PM
^ LOL

Uhhh no

scott
07-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I've never had any on Thompson's label for the reason you mentioned... a lot of mixed reviews.

smeagol
07-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Are imported goods from Cuba still ilegal in this country?

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 09:37 PM
yes, but there may be a few technical exemptions under the law i am unaware of.

smeagol
07-10-2005, 09:40 PM
That's retarded.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 09:54 PM
well, so is castro.

smeagol
07-10-2005, 09:57 PM
well, so is castro.
So?

I guess by that same logic so are and were many dictators with which the US did business.

The policy of not allowing Americans to buy Cuban goods is retarded.

Whether your kitty kat ass likes it or not.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 10:02 PM
yes, us policy towards cuba is influenced by the vestiges of the cold war and the political influence of cuban emigres in the us, but it's not like castro is benign to those people who have to deal with him.

but whatever makes you happy.

smeagol
07-10-2005, 10:03 PM
yes, us policy towards cuba is influenced by the vestiges of the cold war and the political influence of cuban emigres in the us, but it's not like castro is benign to those people who have to deal with him.

but whatever makes you happy.
I hate that bearded bastard!

Notorious H.O.P.
07-11-2005, 03:03 AM
Pre-Embargo Cuban materials are allowed in the US as long as they come from some place other than Cuba. For example, there has been a recent (past two years) availability in pre-embargo Cuban cigars because someone "discovered" a warehouse someplace that had something over three tons of pre-embargo Cuban tobacco that had been "forgotten". As a result, they were able to roll the tobacco (I believe they use Dominican wrappers and binders though) and sell them in the US. I know they've had them at the Humidors in town, has anyone tried one?

CosmicCowboy
07-11-2005, 07:05 AM
http://xxos.net/resources/images/xxos_monica.jpg
I like those big fat ones!

Taco
07-11-2005, 07:38 AM
http://xxos.net/resources/images/xxos_monica.jpg
I like those big fat ones!

:lmao

I knew this was comming :lmao

KEDA
07-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Cohiba, the small ones that come in the tin box.

Romeo Y Juileta

and SWISHA SWEETS

ok, just kidding on the swisha sweets, but the other two are good.

tekdragon
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
I like Arturo Fuente. There was this limited edition run called Diana Silvis that I scored a case of for my wedding. Good stuff.

N.Y. Johnny
07-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I like smoking a good DiNobili cigar and Macanudos are good for smokin up at the Poker Games :smokin

tekdragon
07-13-2005, 11:58 AM
After reading this thread yesterday, I peeked in my humidor just for kicks (I was sure it was empty), and I found a tin of Macanudo Robustos! I had totally forgotten that I got them as a gift a few weeks ago...

Perfect size for a lunch break!