Signed,

Manu Ginobili

davidbowie
05-07-2013, 03:02 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2589595/ginobliwins_medium.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2589473/jackwtf_medium.gif

james evans
05-07-2013, 03:38 AM
he's also a 1st class flopper. i've disliked this guy since he was in toronto cuz he always kills us with his flopping as we don't have an answer for it.

pikkiwoki
05-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Actually on the game winner, Jack did the right thing. It was the rookie Barnes who done fukked up. In the post game presser Mark Jackson said they were supposed to switch all screens. Jack switched, Barnes didn't...game over.

Warlord23
05-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Although he played well in the 1st OT, Jack had 2 missed FGAs and a TO in the last few minutes of regulation. He also turned it over and missed 1 FT in the 2nd OT. All in all, I'm happy if Jack feels the need to take shots off isolation plays; he may make a few shots but will have his fair share of fuck-ups

Gervin44Silas13
05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
fUGG THAT dUDE!

naico
05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
lol Mark Jackson. Good motivating isn't good coaching.

boutons_deux
05-07-2013, 08:32 AM
"to switch all screens. Jack switched, Barnes didn't"

but there was no screen, no pick, as Kenny Smith pointed out. "I'm not screened, so I'll stay with my guy"

Was the no-pick part of Pop's play?

Chinook
05-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Actually on the game winner, Jack did the right thing. It was the rookie Barnes who done fukked up. In the post game presser Mark Jackson said they were supposed to switch all screens. Jack switched, Barnes didn't...game over.

I think it was pretty ambiguous as to whether that was an actual screen. That's probably what confused Barnes/Jack. From Jack's perspective, it was, because he didn't want to stay with Diaw (bad match-up for the Warriors in the post) and was very inclined to switch. Barnes wanted to stay on Parker (it was the better match-up for the Warriors), so when he didn't actually get touched by Diaw, he assumed there was no screen set and kept playing.

If Pop drew the play up to take advantage of that ambiguity, he deserves a lot of credit. That's some great meta-coaching right there.

Chinook
05-07-2013, 08:37 AM
"to switch all screens. Jack switched, Barnes didn't"

but there was no screen, no pick, as Kenny Smith pointed out. "I'm not screened, so I'll stay with my guy"

Was the no-pick part of Pop's play?

I hadn't refreshed the window. That's pretty much what I was saying.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-07-2013, 08:44 AM
It's easy to diss the guy right now but he played a really good game and could've won it for them. He's a big threat in this series because we find it hard to guard him and Steph when they're on the court together. I'd like to see CoJo have a crack at defending him.

Solid D
05-07-2013, 10:07 AM
If Barnes was supposed to switch non-ball screens on that last SOOB play, then he should have switched to Ginobili. Manu set the first screen for TP before flaring to the wing. Barnes continued to follow TP around Manu's screen and Boris' fake screen. That's an old play from Sean Elliott's playing days. The play is designed to pass to the fake/slipped screener as the 1st option (Diaw in this case).

Brazil
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Manu input on the play:

""On the last play, it wasn't for me; they just left me open," Ginobili said. "I set a screen for TP [Tony Parker] and they both went with him and left me open on the weak side. When I caught it I just saw Brazemore flying. I just gave it a lot of air and it went in."I wasn't even an option. They told me just go screen and stay far from the play. The play was for Tony or Boris. And they got confused."

Brazil
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
BTW props to Kawi for keeping his cool and for the good decision

pikkiwoki
05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I think it was pretty ambiguous as to whether that was an actual screen. That's probably what confused Barnes/Jack. From Jack's perspective, it was, because he didn't want to stay with Diaw (bad match-up for the Warriors in the post) and was very inclined to switch. Barnes wanted to stay on Parker (it was the better match-up for the Warriors), so when he didn't actually get touched by Diaw, he assumed there was no screen set and kept playing.

If Pop drew the play up to take advantage of that ambiguity, he deserves a lot of credit. That's some great meta-coaching right there.

agree. if pop did that intentionally, what a fucking genius lol.

i'm not sure how defenders are coached to handle those gray area situations when they're told to switch everything. i would think that you'd play "switch everything" like a match-up zone, where you cover whoever comes into your area, to negate any picks. so the fact that manu crossed barnes' face should have been barnes' cue to switch onto manu. i don't know if that's the way barnes should have read it, just my guess.

Malice
05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Props to Manu to even knowing who the dude Brazemore was, TBH....

pikkiwoki
05-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Props to Manu to even knowing who the dude Brazemore was, TBH....

not really though, in the postgame interview manu looks down at the statsheet to get the guy's name :lol

edit: here it is, looks at the statsheet around the 0:40 mark
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/05/07/130507manumov-2470879

ginobilized
05-07-2013, 04:33 PM
In rewatching the game winner, HWSNBN did us another solid by applying no pressure whatsoever on Kawhi inbounding the ball

Thanks to HWSNBN

Raven
05-07-2013, 04:35 PM
it may be the first time ever he didn't go off against us..

Malice
05-07-2013, 04:41 PM
not really though, in the postgame interview manu looks down at the statsheet to get the guy's name :lol

HAHA that makes more sense.

rjv
05-07-2013, 04:49 PM
the look on jack's face (actually, his body language) when manu shot the three is classic. jack knew it was in as soon as manu took the shot.

Chinook
05-07-2013, 06:36 PM

i'm not sure how defenders are coached to handle those gray area situations when they're told to switch everything. i would think that you'd play "switch everything" like a match-up zone, where you cover whoever comes into your area, to negate any picks. so the fact that manu crossed barnes' face should have been barnes' cue to switch onto manu. i don't know if that's the way barnes should have read it, just my guess.

Also, on the play, Jack was expecting to have to switch. The only reason he was lined up on Diaw was to switch off a screen. So when Diaw and Ginobili ran past each other, Jack assumed a pick had happened when it hadn't. Barnes saw there was no pick and stayed. It's hard to know who was more right, though. It's hard to give Jack the benefit of the doubt. He switched pointlessly a couple of times. I think he was being lazy on defense and didn't want to fight over screens.

DatBoyGood
05-07-2013, 09:29 PM
:lmao look at the assistant coach next to Mark Jackson on the Manu's game winner

KenziE
05-08-2013, 04:18 AM
In rewatching the game winner, HWSNBN did us another solid by applying no pressure whatsoever on Kawhi inbounding the ball

Thanks to HWSNBN

i was telling my wife about this too hahaha

ShoogarBear
05-08-2013, 04:51 AM
If Barnes was supposed to switch non-ball screens on that last SOOB play, then he should have switched to Ginobili. Manu set the first screen for TP before flaring to the wing. Barnes continued to follow TP around Manu's screen and Boris' fake screen. That's an old play from Sean Elliott's playing days. The play is designed to pass to the fake/slipped screener as the 1st option (Diaw in this case).

Yeah, Barnes should have switched to Ginobili. But Bazemore didn't even try to switch to Parker. I can't figure out if that because he actually anticipated the next switch to Diaw or if he just got lucky. I have to guess that if he had switched to Parker, Diaw would have been wide open underneath (which might have been the original intention).

temujin
05-08-2013, 09:11 AM
:lmao look at the assistant coach next to Mark Jackson on the Manu's game winner

I was about to mention this too.
He knows what's going to happen before it happens.

K-State Spur
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM

I would say no chance Pop did that intentionally, except that they showed similar confusion on Green's made 3 at the end of regulation. So who knows?

8FOR!3
05-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Eh I'm not a big Jarrett Jack fan but he's a good player.

benstanfield
05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
...but the fact that nobody can take advantage of Curry on offense is a little disheartening. Even DGreen should be able to post up an anorexic.

superjames1992
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Also recall that Jack missed Golden State's final shot at the end with Manu in his face.