PDA

View Full Version : ACL Music Festival 2013

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Tickets just went on sale, I think the line-up is pretty good this year contrary to what a lot of people are saying. I'm on the "Standy-By Page" to buy tickets right now.

http://www.aclfestival.com/2013-lineup/

Anybody going this year?

oh crap
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM
sucks they're not selling single day passes this year. got lucky and won VIP wristbands last year. not sure if i'll attend this on or not.

Joyrider
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
I JUST got my ticket for weekend one. I am pretty excited since I had to miss Coachella. My major 'musts' on the lineup well justify the price.

Depeche Mode
The Cure
Lionel Ritchie
Queens of the Stone Age
Atoms for Peace
Arctic Monkeys
Grimes
The Verve Pipe

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
I JUST got my ticket for weekend one. I am pretty excited since I had to miss Coachella. My major 'musts' on the lineup well justify the price.

Depeche Mode
The Cure
Lionel Ritchie
Queens of the Stone Age
Atoms for Peace
Arctic Monkeys
Grimes
The Verve Pipe

:tu

Just got two 3 day passes, my Fiance has never been so it'll be a cool experience for her, now off to sell my kidney on the black market.

Joyrider
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm gonna have to succumb in the summer and pick up my GF ticket's through Stubhub once this sells out. Surprised it hasn't already. The thought of The Cure and Depeche Mode on the same festival is just mind blowing. Seeing Muse would be fun too. Haven't seen them since 2006 or 2007.

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm gonna have to succumb in the summer and pick up my GF ticket's through Stubhub once this sells out. Surprised it hasn't already. The thought of The Cure and Depeche Mode on the same festival is just mind blowing. Seeing Muse would be fun too. Haven't seen them since 2006 or 2007.

Agreed, plus Foxygen, Purity Ring, Dan Croll... All great bands. It's upsetting that teeny bopping douchebags automatically diss the lineup because they don't understand it's not all about the headliners (Depeche Mode and The Cure are amazing).

tlongII
05-07-2013, 10:57 AM
I've got tickets to see Steely Dan and Huey Lewis and The News up here. Gonna be a great summer! :tu

J.T.
05-07-2013, 11:04 AM
I've got tickets to see Steely Dan and Huey Lewis and The News up here. Gonna be a great summer! :tu

Sounds like a good time, braj :tu

This year's ACL lineup blows major dick. They need two weekends for that shit? I'm gonna be in Indiana for half of October anyway (Colts game and minor vacation) so I give zero fucks, but I was only gonna go to ACL if Nico Vega was gonna be there. Guess they're not cool enough for Austin yet.

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Sounds like a good time, braj :tu

This year's ACL lineup blows major dick. They need two weekends for that shit? I'm gonna be in Indiana for half of October anyway (Colts game and minor vacation) so I give zero fucks, but I was only gonna go to ACL if Nico Vega was gonna be there. Guess they're not cool enough for Austin yet.

I saw Nico Vega twice during SXSW in 2012 dude..

Viva Las Espuelas
05-07-2013, 11:25 AM
I've got tickets to see Steely Dan

Me too with backstage passes :toast
Yes. I rock

J.T.
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I saw Nico Vega twice during SXSW in 2012 dude..

Awesome. I boycott SXSW routinely so that explains that.

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Awesome. I boycott SXSW routinely so that explains that.

I can understand that, a lot of people do. As I've gotten older I find myself downtown more and more each year though. Are you a native Austinite?

J.T.
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I can understand that, a lot of people do. As I've gotten older I find myself downtown more and more each year though. Are you a native Austinite?

No, but my parents divorced when I was five and my father has always lived here (went to LBJ HS). I grew up in SA. But I've lived in Austin for almost eight years now.

mrsmaalox
05-07-2013, 12:28 PM

It absolutely is! I have Alan Parsons and ELO tickets next week, Hall and Oates week after that, Todd Rundgren in June, and Steely Dan in August :downspin:

leemajors
05-07-2013, 12:39 PM

Opposite here, downtown less and less over the years. Too much of a hassle to deal with parking more than anything else, but there are some cool east side spots I don't mind.

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Opposite here, downtown less and less over the years. Too much of a hassle to deal with parking more than anything else, but there are some cool east side spots I don't mind.

Yeah the East Side has def been changing for the better. I work down here, so I have a garage I can utilize, if it weren't for that, I would avoid it.

mrsmaalox
05-07-2013, 12:46 PM
So east side is good? I'll be looking for an apartment in the next month or so, don't know where to start....

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
So east side is good? I'll be looking for an apartment in the next month or so, don't know where to start....

It still has it's rough patches, but it's def on the up-rise. There are multiple brand new apartment/condos over there that look nice and pricey. Austin has run out of space to grow west of 35 so that's the direction it's heading.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2013, 01:48 PM
I'll be spending money on UT's performing arts season.

Joyrider
09-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Bump.

Next weekend. Tickets are going for below face value on Stubhub for W1 and W2 tickets are still on sale. Guess the kids aren't buying since there is no Killers/Black Keys/etc on the line up.

Here's The Cure performance from Lollapolloza this year. Chock full of hits. Can't wait.

97Ioppd81mY

oh crap
09-27-2013, 09:24 PM
hopefully there won't be as many frat/douchebag types as past years but i doubt it with the likes of fun. and others still playing. i'm betting both weekends still get close to capacity. i'm still on the fence but strongly considering it for a few acts alone.

Spur|n|Austin
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I had a blast this year, my highlights were: Portugal The Man, The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, Depeche Mode, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and QOTSA.

oh crap
10-07-2013, 01:01 PM
tickets going for as low as 100 for weekend two. i hear both depeche mode and the cure put on great sets, think i might go.

Spur|n|Austin
10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
tickets going for as low as 100 for weekend two. i hear both depeche mode and the cure put on great sets, think i might go.

That's a steal, and yeah they both were great - hit after hit.