PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Feeling Better...

urunobili
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Duncan ‘much better’ after grinding through Game 1

It wasn’t quite the Michael Jordan Flu Game.

Indeed, Tim Duncan was on the court for a grand total of seven seconds down the stretch as the Spurs fought back in Monday’s Game 1 from a 16-point deficit in the final four minutes of regulation before stunning Golden State in double overtime.

Not because he didn’t want to play.

But because he simply had nothing left after the intestinal bug that forced him to skip practice last Saturday reared its head as the game wore on.

“Rough night last night, getting over this sickness,” Duncan said. “It kind of caught up to me later in the game. But probably the best thing for the team was me was going out.

“I couldn’t (play) at that point. I wanted to, but I was hurting us out there. I couldn’t move. It was the right thing to do for me to get out of there. I knew I’d have some difficulty. I just didn’t think it would be at that level.”

Duncan still made an impact, putting up 19 points and 11 rebounds in 34 minutes before head coach Gregg Popovich sent him to the locker room with 4:31 remaining in the fourth quarter.

Keep reading... (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dam6m?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-antonio-spurs)

Budkin
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Hopefully that means not as many layups for the Ws.

Brazil
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM
any words on Splitter ?

Captivus
05-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Im still waiting for a thread called: Do the Spurs play better without Duncan?

manufan10
05-08-2013, 02:25 PM
any words on Splitter ?

Saw on Twitter that he's a game time decision.

Seventyniner
05-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Im still waiting for a thread called: Do the Spurs play better without Duncan?

or "Why does Pop play Duncan more minutes than Baynes?"

spurraider21
05-08-2013, 02:28 PM
if Timmy tried to be a :cry hero :cry there's a good chance we don't come back in this game. the chemistry that unit had out there was phenomenal. we all know duncan is a true competitor and wants to win as much as anybody, so it must have been a really painful decision for him to sit it out in the stretch run. but he trusts his teammates, and thats a big reason we got the W. if he "checked himself in and out of the game" like certain players, we probably lose the game.