PDA

View Full Version : They say...

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 05:34 PM
...that Paul Pierce is on the block.

How about Parker, draft picks, and cash for Pierce?

ducks
07-10-2005, 05:34 PM
duncan for him
[/spursdone]

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 05:41 PM
if the spurs could get him without giving up tp or manu i'd be up for it.

ducks
07-10-2005, 05:45 PM
And Who Would Run Point?
Barry Or Beno?

ducks
07-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Paul for Parker? I'll do it in a second

then we get sign Speedy Claxton!!!!!!

LLLLLLLEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT"""""""""SSSSS DDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOO IIITTTTTTTTTT

SPEEDY IS UNDER CONTRACT HOW WOULD YOU GET HIM?
HE IS MAKING 3.6 MILLION AND IS A FA NEXT YEAR

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 05:47 PM
And Who Would Run Point?
Barry Or Beno?
Actually, move Ginobili to the point (he'd actually be a like parker was, a scoring pg), and Beno and Barry back them up.

Actually, with Scola coming in, how about Parker, Rasho, and a future pick for Pierce.

That would work, right?

exstatic
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Word is that Boston isn't sold on Pierce's commitment. He's partying to all hours...every night.

I don't think they'd tak anyone not named Duncan or Manu + other stuff for him, but enjoy your fantasies.

Dex
07-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Fantasy League Forum

ALVAREZ6
07-10-2005, 07:38 PM
I thought the Celtics said that they wanted to keep Pierce, especially after his best season in the league last year.

ManuTastic
07-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry, not enough ball to go around with tim, manu and pierce. Pierce is not exactly a team player, I frankly wouldn't bring him on board. The current Spurs know that everything revolves around tim. I don't know if PP would go along with that. And he's not much of a defender either. Great scorer though. I just don't see him being a secondary player anywhere.

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Okay, well, who here thinks that Pierce is a better player than Manu?

(Don't take that question out of context; it's a simple question)

ALVAREZ6
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Okay, well, who here thinks that Pierce is a better player than Manu?

I honostly think that Manu is a better player than Pierce.

cmc$purs
07-10-2005, 07:56 PM
MANU>>> pp

not a team player fuck that guy let him stay in boston

clubalien
07-10-2005, 08:00 PM
lebron could run the point since we just traded wilks for him

smeagol
07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
I'd swap Manu for Pierce. Pierce is a true star.

I also want ducks, Sequ and rascal to be happy.

ManuTastic
07-10-2005, 08:08 PM
I honestly think Manu is the better player: better defensively,sneakier (more steals), and if he was the #1 option on a club like Pierce is, he'd have Pierce's points too. Manu's more of an all-around team player; Pierce is more of a go-to guy. And he's a good one, don't get me wrong--he's not a one-dimensional ballhog like Marbury or Francis, I just don't think he'd fit the Spurs chemistry all that well.

exstatic
07-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I want to see a rested Manu next year before I answer that question. Manu has bigger huevos, but his endurance is in question. Pierce would rather shoot jumpers.

Kori Ellis
07-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Just so you know, Paul Pierce makes $14M.

So this trade should read something like

"How about Manu and Parker for Paul Pierce?" to have any sense of working.

:rolleyes

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Just so you know, Paul Pierce makes $14M.

So this trade should read something like

"How about Manu and Parker for Paul Pierce?" to have any sense of working.

The Rasho, Parker, and future pick wouldn't work?

Kori Ellis
07-10-2005, 08:59 PM
The Rasho, Parker, and future pick wouldn't work?

The pick probably doesn't need to be in there, but why don't you be somewhat realistic. The Spurs would need to give up a swingman to get a swingman of Pierce's caliber.

So, if anything, the reasonable trade would be Manu and Rasho for Pierce.

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, but I think Manu is pretty untouchable.

Kori Ellis
07-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Well Parker isn't anywhere close to getting traded either.

But the only real untouchable guy is probably Duncan.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 09:12 PM
You set me up to say this. PP>>Manu

dn0
07-10-2005, 09:14 PM
You set me up to say this. PP>>Manu
Do they pay you to troll in this board?

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 09:15 PM
the spurs do not need to make this trade.

this is the type of trade you make if you can get him for nothing. that means a combination of talent that doesn't include td, manu or tp.

also, if you move parker then you have to find a point guard to replace him and despite what some in this forum seem to think, it wouldn't be easy.

if this was 1995 and the starting 2 was still vinny del negro i'd be begging for such a trade. but it's not and hey, the spurs have an all-star swing.

and !#$%, pierce is one of my favorite players in the game.

san antonio spurs
07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
duncan is the only intouchable
but manu and tony won't be traded soon
________
BiggerBoobsHere live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/BiggerBoobsHere)

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 09:19 PM
That will be the key to winning it again and again, keeping the big four together.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Well telling the truth can get you in alot of trouble. This is just another example. Someone wants to be lied to.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I would hope Manu is untradeable after his performance this year. The guy is clutch at both ends and comes up big when we need him, not to mention his undervalue contract. Besides that, he makes Spurs basketball damn exciting!!!

Put Manu in THE VAULT! ;)

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Whew, thank God, that sure makes me feel so much better that Ginobili is God has guaranteed Ginobili will never get traded.

I can now sleep in peace.

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Dude, I well bet my life that he will never get traded. However, maybe only for LeBron.
Ahhh, uncertainty is the Mother of ambiguity...

sarcastic little bitch
Damn, I've been called soooo much worse...

I can still sleep comf...zzz...zzz

Sense
07-10-2005, 11:43 PM
we'll put Barry as PG in the mean time

You are stupid.

E20
07-10-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't think anybody here would want a player like Pierce that jacks up way too many shot and would hurt the great chemistry of the Spurs. Also, Pierce is REALLY REALLY OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!

Sense
07-10-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't think anybody here would want a player like Pierce that jacks up way too many shot and would hurt the great chemistry of the Spurs. Also, Pierce is REALLY REALLY OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!

The Truth is, there's still morons who want too many stars on this team, and it's not possible.

GoSpurs21
07-11-2005, 12:07 AM
You set me up to say this. PP>>Manuanother reason why you are showing you lack of knowledge about basketball. Manu >>>> PP when it comes to heart

PP is not coming to Spurs and it really doesnt matter the Spurs dont need PP

wildbill2u
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
There is an undefinable something about some players--call it charisma or fan appeal--that puts butts in the seats and sells t-shirts. Ginobilli has it. His t-shirts are outselling Tim's for example. And don't even talk about Manu's appeal overseas and the economic aspects of that.

Pierce doesn't have anywhere near a comparable fan appeal IMHO.

Never underestimate the power of economic fan appeal in the analysis of any F.O. decision, especially where the relative basketball skills of the players being compare is debatable

E20
07-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Dude, if Manu was allowed to jack up as many shots as Pierce he would average like 100 points same goes for Tony. The only person that is allowed to take the number shot attempts the way Pierce does is Duncan.

SenorSpur
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Oh, this makes sense. Let's trade the entire team, sans Duncan, for Pierce. PLEASE!

We just won a championship with a core group of solid guys that are talented and have great chemistry. Why on earth would we want to break up our core for a guy who hogs the ball on offense, forces shots regularly and plays no defense?

Let Pierce go somewhere else and hog the ball within another team's offense.

1Parker1
07-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Pierce is not over-rated, if anything he is under-rated and overshadowed in the East by guys like Lebron, AI, and Wade.

WalterBenitez
07-11-2005, 03:06 PM
...that Paul Pierce is on the block.

How about Parker, draft picks, and cash for Pierce?

Tony Parker for who??? :lol come on ... dont trade the AntiChrist ...he'll be a SUPERSTAR when he get 27! :smokin

WalterBenitez
07-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Dude, if Manu was allowed to jack up as many shots as Pierce he would average like 100 points same goes for Tony. The only person that is allowed to take the number shot attempts the way Pierce does is Duncan.

NO DEAl :devil !!!

Here Pierce would be the 3rd option after TIM, Tony ... sending Manu to the Bench ...

1Parker1
07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
who are Coach Pop relied on in the clinching games of the finals? THE BACKUP PG

stfu
Key word there is backup. Manu is NOT a PG, nor is Barry. It's one thing for them to play the position sparringly, it's another to move them to that spot permananently. Some people don't understand basketball.... :rolleyes

WalterBenitez
07-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Key word there is backup. Manu is NOT a PG, nor is Barry. It's one thing for them to play the position sparringly, it's another to move them to that spot permananently. Some people don't understand basketball.... :rolleyes

TP is and will be SA's PG ... no way to trade a SuperStar prospect for a proven SG ... the chemistry is important for TD, Manu and the rest of the Spurs ... and TP is a core-player in this organization.

HB22inSA
07-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Some people don't understand basketball
I understand it just fine, it's actually a pretty simple game.

But when Parker stinks it up so bad that he always has to get help, there is a problem.

Hell, Pop had to yank Parker out of a Game 7 of the NBA Finals because he wasn't ready to play.

I really hope he comes back and plays better next year, and I hate to say it, especially for that amount of money.

WalterBenitez
07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I understand it just fine, it's actually a pretty simple game.

But when Parker stinks it up so bad that he always has to get help, there is a problem.

Hell, Pop had to yank Parker out of a Game 7 of the NBA Finals because he wasn't ready to play.

I really hope he comes back and plays better next year, and I hate to say it, especially for that amount of money.

"People is particularly hard with Tony, but he's 23 people trend to forget I was not a good player at that age"

Manu Ginobili answering for 100000th time to ARG's reporter :angel

1Parker1
07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I refuse to get into another argument over the merits of Tony Parker. It's getting old....fast.

HB22inSA
07-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I refuse to get into another argument over the merits of Tony Parker. It's getting old....fast.

I'm not arguing, and forgive me that I haven't been around for the other arguments you mention.

I've always defended Parker, and, yes, for his age, he's pretty damn good. I'm just saying he had a less than expected playoffs (especially Finals), and with his huge contract taking effect next year, he needs to play up to that.

He's the point guard of the World Champs, and that carries alot of responsibility with it.

I'm not saying he can't handle that responsibility, I'm just hoping he shows it next year.

Kori Ellis
07-11-2005, 03:50 PM
(especially Finals)

You do realize that Tony's stats on the road in the Finals were far better than Manu's, right?

HB22inSA
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
You do realize that Tony's stats on the road in the Finals were far better than Manu's, right?
Kori, stats mean jack in an NBA Finals series.

I didn't say he played horribly, he just didn't play up to what is expected of him.

Like I said before, I want 15 and 7, not 20 and 4.

Kori Ellis
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Like I said before, I want 15 and 7, not 20 and 4.

Whatever. Pop sometimes wants Tony to be a scorer, not a distributor -- so they'll be games when he gets very few assists. Also, take note that in Game 7 of the Finals, only ONE basket was scored on Parker in the entire game. Look a little bit outside the stat sheet.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Kori, come on. That might have something to do with the fact that Larry Brown respects the hell out of Ginobili and sees Parker as the dime-a-dozen point guard that he is. Easy to score when every team in the league gives you eight feet to shoot on every possession.

Parker has progressed minimally at best since 2003. I challenge someone to publish his playoff statistics from 2003 and compare them to this year's.

FoxMulder
07-11-2005, 03:58 PM

Maybe in game 3, but he wasnīt injured... and also commited 6 TO per game... Manu was horrible ... but nobody was "defending" Tony.. every Piston was focused on Manu and TD.... letting him to shot from where he wants. He made a couple of Js and not much assists... but their stats were really better than Manu (on the road) and TD too...

HB22inSA
07-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Whatever. Pop sometimes wants Tony to be a scorer, not a distributor -- so they'll be games when he gets very few assists. Also, take note that in Game 7 of the Finals, only ONE basket was scored on Parker in the entire game. Look a little bit outside the stat sheet.
That doesn't excuse him for not running the team.

And I never said anything about his defense. I thought it was great all series.

Let me make myself clear: I'm not shitting on Parker. I'm saying that his expectations (with a big contract, a World Championship, etc.) are much higher than your average point guard.

He needs to be extraordinary to live up to those expectations.

Why can't you accept that he had a mediocre series in the Finals?

Kori Ellis
07-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I just don't get it. When Manu has bad games, then it's okay because he's "so tired" from playing so hard. And if you question anything about his game, then you are an "Argentinean hater". But if Parker has a bad game, then he should be traded or is a "dime a dozen" point guard.

Sure, I expect more out of Tony next season as far as jumpshooting and freethrows. But to say he hasn't got better since 2003 is just being a fucking idiot. Parker's D, his consistency, and decision making have all improved and will continue to improve.

But you know what, I expect more out of Manu too. I expect if he's not playing international ball this offseason, then he should be able to hang for 35 minutes a game without having to take nights off on back to backs. I expect him to be more careful with the ball in late game situations.

And I expect more out of Tim Duncan .. and so on...

But the Parker hate is unbelievable and embarrassing.

FoxMulder
07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Any kind of hate is embarrasing...

And no, I donīt want a trade for Paul Pierce... (the root of the thread) to me...Pierce is overrated...

HB22inSA
07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
I just don't get it. When Manu has bad games, then it's okay because he's "so tired" from playing so hard. And if you question anything about his game, then you are an "Argentinean hater". But if Parker has a bad game, then he should be traded or is a "dime a dozen" point guard.

Sure, I expect more out of Tony next season as far as jumpshooting and freethrows. But to say he hasn't got better since 2003 is just being a fucking idiot. Parker's D, his consistency, and decision making have all improved and will continue to improve.

But you know what, I expect more out of Manu too. I expect if he's not playing international ball this offseason, then he should be able to hang for 35 minutes a game without having to take nights off on back to backs. I expect him to be more careful with the ball in late game situations.

Wait, wait, wait...

I never excused Manu, either. In fact, there were time that he played worse than Parker ever did.

And I always hated the "tired" excuse. That's what you, Kori (check the roundtables), said was the problem with him. Pop thought the same. To me, it was crap, but what the hell do I know, I'm not in that situation.

WalterBenitez
07-11-2005, 04:06 PM
...I expect more out of Manu too. I expect if he's not playing international ball this offseason, then he should be able to hang for 35 minutes a game without having to take nights off on back to backs...

Do you really expect that POP will use him 35+ min/game?? :angel

HB22inSA
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Do you really expect that POP will use him 35+ min/game??
I don't see why not.

Kori Ellis
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Do you really expect that POP will use him 35+ min/game??

Not much above 35. But 34-35 mpg if Manu's body can take it, yes.

WalterBenitez
07-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't see why not.

Just an opinion,

POP's methodic ... I don't see him changing his rotation minutes at least till Playoffs; Manu will continue playing 35 min/game.

alamo50
07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Pierce will never be a Spur.

1Parker1
07-12-2005, 09:26 AM

Go Kori! I'm glad to see that it wasn't all in my head. I have never witnessed such a young, growing player--who while not being a "super-star" just yet, is well above average--get hated so much by supposed fans of his team!

pache100
07-12-2005, 09:35 AM
But you know what, I expect more out of Manu too.

Me, too. All last season, I heard "Manu's becoming a leader." That he was talking more, and leading the team more; that he was "stepping up"; that he was speaking up in the locker room before games, at half-time, and on the court during time-outs. That he was leading. WHERE WAS THAT LEADERSHIP DURING THE FINALS???? That is the reason I disagreed with everyone when they said he should have been MVP or co-MVP. If he had shown one shred of that alleged "leadership" during the finals (the whole playoffs, really), I would have been the first to agree. But it was missing in action. Gone. That team desperately needed someone to help a (understandably) distracted Tim Duncan lead them during that desperate time, but where was Manu? That could have been his golden moment, his moment to shine, but where was Manu? NO LEADERSHIP. I love Manu as much as anyone, but I don't want to hear anymore of the "leadership" talk until I see him doing some "leading". MVPs are not just dynamite players, they are LEADERS. Show me, Manu.

Absolutely. Could not agree with you more.

FoxMulder
07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Me, too. All last season, I heard "Manu's becoming a leader." That he was talking more, and leading the team more; that he was "stepping up"; that he was speaking up in the locker room before games, at half-time, and on the court during time-outs. That he was leading. WHERE WAS THAT LEADERSHIP DURING THE FINALS???? That is the reason I disagreed with everyone when they said he should have been MVP or co-MVP. If he had shown one shred of that alleged "leadership" during the finals (the whole playoffs, really), I would have been the first to agree. But it was missing in action. Gone. That team desperately needed someone to help a (understandably) distracted Tim Duncan lead them during that desperate time, but where was Manu? That could have been his golden moment, his moment to shine, but where was Manu? NO LEADERSHIP. I love Manu as much as anyone, but I don't want to hear anymore of the "leadership" talk until I see him doing some "leading". MVPs are not just dynamite players, they are LEADERS. Show me, Manu.

I donīt know...

but it seems like Manu wasnīt doing anything in the Finals... If thatīs true... donīt care about how he plays when the Spurs win...
just blame him when they lose...

Manu just did his job... taking responsabilities when is needed, he made a lot of mistakes ok... I agree with all of you, but at least he tries, even when TD struggles in Game 5 crunch time... Oh! wait a minute, was a game on the road!!

Who was running the team in that pivotal game. Who was the PG in the hot minutes when nobody want to make mistakes?
Even he made the last assist... to a great Horry who emerged as a saviour this time...
But ... as you say he wasnīt a leader... I donīt know what a leader does for all of you?... Jump 7.5 foot and dunk stretching his arm over all the opposite team in the last minutes...?! (remember Space Jam?)
Or take 50 shots when the game is getting ugly?!

If he wasnīt the 2nd leader who was?!
If he didnīt take the ball in last minutes of game 7 , when the Spurs were losing by 9 points... who could did this?!
Tony...Barry... Bowen... Horry...

I donīt know what else Manu need to being recognized... if he didnīt do enough then trade him... bring another shooting guard... who brings enough leadership...

I like Parker... but is still a great project... for me at least... I wold choose him over any other point guard... but leader... not yet...

and if Manu wasnīt a leader then I've must been watching another Finals specially in the last game... or maybe I was completely :drunk :drunk

temple.of.the.dog
07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Parker has done everything that Pop has asked him to do. He was the second scorer on the team when Manu, either couldnt be, or was learning to be, in the offense. Now that Manu seems to have taken that role over, we should see a difference in Parker's game. This hate on a player thats only 23 is stupid.

SenorSpur
07-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Parker has done everything that Pop has asked him to do. He was the second scorer on the team when Manu, either couldnt be, or was learning to be, in the offense. Now that Manu seems to have taken that role over, we should see a difference in Parker's game. This hate on a player thats only 23 is stupid.

Ludicrous! C'mon Parker-haters. While I admit his occasional fade is somewhat of a concern, the guy has continued his development in his game and is worlds away from where he was in 2003. Be patient.

Would you rather have Jason Kidd at the helm? .....just kidding, of course. :lol

FoxMulder
07-12-2005, 01:23 PM
I don īt like Tony haters...
also I donīt like Manu haters...

If you are a real Spurs fan... you donīt hate them. Even you donīt choose one over another...

You just accept them... as they are...

So
Wait until Tony grow up as mature PG and superstar...
And enjoying watching Manu being crazy...

strangeweather
07-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Go Kori! I'm glad to see that it wasn't all in my head. I have never witnessed such a young, growing player--who while not being a "super-star" just yet, is well above average--get hated so much by supposed fans of his team!

The point is the hardest position in basketball to play well. Anyone who doesn't have the court vision of Stockton or Kidd is going to get ripped, even if he's playing well within a system.

There've been times I've been pretty down on Parker, but then I remember that he's only 23 and that it takes the vast majority of point guards years to develop into first-rate floor generals. Parker is still well ahead of the curve, and he has a chance to be scary-good in a few more years.

50 & 21
07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
"I'd swap Manu for Pierce. Pierce is a true star." - Member of the Church of Manu

Heretic!

"Actually, move Ginobili to the point (he'd actually be a like parker was, a scoring pg), and Beno and Barry back them up."
"He's the point guard of the World Champs, and that carries alot of responsibility with it."

Hypocrite!

"Kori, stats mean jack in an NBA Finals series.
Like I said before, I want 15 and 7, not 20 and 4." :lol :rolleyes

The vision I have of Peirce in my minds-eye is one of him whining, complaining or upset at a call, shot or pass. You all know what I mean. I don't want some bitch-ass whiner on this team! I wouldn't trade that scrub we just drafted for Paul Pierce. That's for real. (The more I think about it this whole idea seems rediculous :elephant)