PDA

View Full Version : They're Just The Better Team

BatManu20
05-08-2013, 11:06 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826123355/vssaxtonhale/images/c/c2/Troll-face.png

houston spurs fan
05-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Weak

Cry Havoc
05-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Bulls are clearly better than the Heat, too.

:lol Fake Spurs fans.

spurraider21
05-08-2013, 11:10 PM

you don't know the rules, bro? if you don't sweep through the playoffs, ur a fools gold scrub team

RD2191
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
You guys are fukin stupid and delusional. If not for a miracle in game 1 we would be going to Oakland in a 0-2 hole. Series is over. Good season.

Horse
05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Go suck a dick! This shit is on Pop if he would've went to the obvious D they had in the 2nd half from the start we win easy. They can drive but they wanna shoot they are uncomfortable driving all the time. Chase them off the 3 and live with it. Attack on offense and keep fucking bonner out of game.

Brunodf
05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
1/10. Pop being outcoached twice is our biggest issue so far.
Playing Neal/Bonner vs quick teams:bang
Starting Bonner over Diaw/Splitter:bang

Mugen
05-08-2013, 11:16 PM
If they continue to get historic shooting performances from Klay/Steph, then yeah they're the better team. Jury's still out tho tbh.

cjw
05-08-2013, 11:16 PM
All the series are 1-1 right now. OKC could have lost both the games just as we almost did. They're not going to keep shooting 50% from three. And if they do, time to move on to next year. If they shoot like this, they're not losing to anyone save Miami.

Juggity
05-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Klay Thompson shooting 90% in a half is a statistical anomaly.

littleavery1948
05-08-2013, 11:18 PM

Double teaming and over-playing role players :bang
Failing to recognize that Curry and Thompson can hit all day if left open (anyone can) :bang
Looking like the Lakers vs. the pick-n-roll :bang
Cannot stop dribble penetration :bang
Making the Warriors look like the Heat on defense, scoring 91 points, WTH?

mexicanjunior
05-08-2013, 11:18 PM
As much as I want to be upset about the Spurs losing...the Warriors are simply the better team. They could have beat the Jordan Bulls shooting like that. Curry and Thompson are the best shooting backcourt the Spurs have ever faced. We aren't winning another game till next season. It is probably time to blow it up...Pop included.

TheGoldStandard
05-08-2013, 11:19 PM
We missed FT's and 3's galore and didn't play defense at all.

littleavery1948
05-08-2013, 11:19 PM
All the series are 1-1 right now. OKC could have lost both the games just as we almost did. They're not going to keep shooting 50% from three. And if they do, time to move on to next year. If they shoot like this, they're not losing to anyone save Miami.

If the Spurs keep leaving them open, they will hit. Just ask Denver. They won't beat the Heat, because the Heat are smart enough to guard the three-point line, and they have a player by the name of Lebron.

hommeaetage
05-08-2013, 11:20 PM
As much as I want to be upset about the Spurs losing...the Warriors are simply the better team. They could have beat the Jordan Bulls shooting like that. Curry and Thompson are the best shooting backcourt the Spurs have ever faced. We aren't winning another game till next season. It is probably time to blow it up...Pop included.

You realize that the bulls were a great defensive team right?

DPG21920
05-08-2013, 11:20 PM

That doesn't make sense. It's not like the Heat came out flat twice at home. Heat played poorly at home in game one, re-focused and destroyed the Bulls. Spurs got all-world lucky to win game 1, and then got trounced in game 2. Not apples to apples.

turkish spurs fan
05-08-2013, 11:21 PM
keep matt bonner out, max 5 min.

start with tiago-duncan together and try to keep them playing max. aron baynes must have chance also intead of blair and bonner.

if you want to adjust to warriors' tempo, play kawhi leonard at 4 and be small (like second half of game 2)

gregg popovich is so bad, i can not understand why : (

hater
05-08-2013, 11:21 PM
still have a feeling this is going to be a long series. I'd give either team 50% chance of winning it. It's a 5 game series after today

DejuanorwhatDude
05-08-2013, 11:22 PM
If Pop doesn't make adjustments and players don't start making their shots, it's not looking good. The stars on this team need to pick their heads up. They look so defeated after every missed shot.

That being said, the second half looked much better. We seem to be figuring out Curry's tendencies and their shooting is regressing.

mingus
05-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Small ball worked for us in the 2nd. I think we have to continue to go to that lineup of 1 big and 4 smalls, otherwise, with the way GS spreads the floor and puts it on the floor we'll get eaten up alive. Pop's adjustment came late, but nevertheless the Spurs were only a few key buckets away from making it real close in the fourth. Ideally, it shouldn't have come to that.

We will see what we're made of in the next two games. If we can't steal one, it's over. But there's still a lot of ball to be played. The doom and gloom attitude at this point is jumping the gun.

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
The night/day of Spurs fans here is ridiculous. You all need serious doses of reality on a steady basis.

The Spurs have yet to play like themselves. Defense scrambling, missing FTs and open 3 pointers. The Warriors are not, by any means, the better team. Curry and Thompson have shot lights out on two nights, the rest has been a Spurs self-destruction. Poor decisions and failure to execute at the rim being big ones.

The series is 1-1, which might as well be 0-0. This Spurs team has faced adversity before, and they'll rise to meet it. Whether or not they prevail will be decided by at the earliest Game 5. For now, calm your fucking tits and step away from the fucking ledge. Get on the Heat bandwagon if you want more reassurance for a victory.

The_Worlds_finest
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
If Spurs were going on the road 0-2 I would be joining, lucky for us its 1-1. Ours guys shot like shit, we need some adjustments and to hit shots. Ill check back in after game 3.

Johnny RIngo
05-08-2013, 11:28 PM
That doesn't make sense. It's not like the Heat came out flat twice at home. Heat played poorly at home in game one, re-focused and destroyed the Bulls. Spurs got all-world lucky to win game 1, and then got trounced in game 2. Not apples to apples.

We're seeing the late-season Spurs right now(SA looked like garbage those last five weeks of the reg season). Playing a shitty Laker team that didn't deserve to make the playoffs hindered us in the long run. Pop started to trust Bonner again. Ginobili beasting on D-Leaguers and making us still think he wasn't done. I think the team's run out of gas. Spurs aren't cut out for an 82 game season+playoffs anymore.

mercos
05-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Not ready to go there yet. Their back court has killed us, but this game was there for the taking. Spurs played like shit on offense, else they could have won this game. Defense was great in the second half. Thompson is not going to hit 8 threes in every game (didn't in game one) and Curry is not going to score 40 points in every game (didn't in game two). It has taken amazing shooting performances for them to get big leads, and they can't hold them. Spurs are due for a good offensive performance.

Johnny RIngo
05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
You're a fuckin idiot if you think that. This is a team with Festus Ezeli as a rotation player.

And we're starting Matt Bonner and giving Gary Neal regular minutes.

ironman2886
05-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Jordan's Bulls wouldn't leave open their three point shooters, and get caught on screens every fucking time. Memphis and Miami would kill these warriors.

DPG21920
05-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Spurs can definitely win, but you see some of the problems many of us said GS presents. It's mind blowing as to why someone would rather play this team over Denver???

Spurs need to pick up the energy level first and foremost. They are a step slow on defense, loose balls, ect...Then they need to figure out what they want to do defensively. They make so many mistakes in this series with poor decisions, rotations being late and just a general lack of ability at times.

Hit open looks.

RD2191
05-08-2013, 11:31 PM
The night/day of Spurs fans here is ridiculous. You all need serious doses of reality on a steady basis.

The Spurs have yet to play like themselves. Defense scrambling, missing FTs and open 3 pointers. The Warriors are not, by any means, the better team. Curry and Thompson have shot lights out on two nights, the rest has been a Spurs self-destruction. Poor decisions and failure to execute at the rim being big ones.

The series is 1-1, which might as well be 0-0. This Spurs team has faced adversity before, and they'll rise to meet it. Whether or not they prevail will be decided by at the earliest Game 5. For now, calm your fucking tits and step away from the fucking ledge. Get on the Heat bandwagon if you want more reassurance for a victory.

Remind me again of how many rings we have since 07?

BatManu20
05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
still have a feeling this is going to be a long series. I'd give either team 50% chance of winning it. It's a 5 game series after today

No doubt. It's going 6 or 7 imo, but I think GS takes the next two at home and then we win game 5 back at home. Then it's theirs to lose at Oracle.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
This is a jumpshooting series, and as of now, the Warriors are the better shooting team. Hopefully Spurs get hot and Warriors get cold.

ShoogarBear

You think?

If the plan is for Klay Thompson and Steph Curry to go apeshit every game, the Warriors are a 70-win team.

SpursFan0728
05-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Never underestimate the heart of a champion

BatManu20
05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Go suck a dick! This shit is on Pop if he would've went to the obvious D they had in the 2nd half from the start we win easy. They can drive but they wanna shoot they are uncomfortable driving all the time. Chase them off the 3 and live with it. Attack on offense and keep fucking bonner out of game.

Good night to you too :toast

Legacy
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
:cry We're not supposed to lose even one game during a series like most teams normally do during The Playoffs. :cry

Looks like it's time for me to log off of ST for the rest of the night so I can avoid The biopolar Spurs fans' meltdowns that'll be taking place on into the wee morning hours. smh

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2013, 11:37 PM

The Spurs* have zero rings since 07 and literally what in the actual fuck does that have to do with anything I said?

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2013, 11:38 PM
They certainly have a more consistent attack, there will be few nights where Curry and Thompson don't bring it. Our guards can't defend for shit and that's making a huge difference causing our entire defense to be one big rotation that throws useless double teams.

Ice009
Spurs proved they are the better team in the second half. The Spurs have been playing with preseason intensity in the first halves in both games one and two and have put themselves in this hole. I have no idea why they have been playing like that. Nothing to do with Goldenstate being the better team. Spurs finally started playing with some intensity in the second half. The series is not over yet, don't be so soft.

Spurs need to shoot better and keep the intensity up on defense.

TheGoldStandard
Stay the course guys, everyone will pile on us because we either get lucky or we're old and suck. We'll win game 3 and they'll say well GS didn't play well, meanwhile GS wins tonight and it was because they played lights out not that we sucked the big one on D in the first half and then missed wide open shots and FT's. We'll get it back in GS but this series is going 6 now.

crc21209
05-08-2013, 11:39 PM
This damn series basically comes down to covering those 2 fucking guys. That's it. That 1st half defensive strategy of helping on guys like Barnes, Bogut, and Green was idiotic. Whoever is covering Curry and Thompson needs to stick like fucking glue to them. Ignore what is going on with everyone else. Yeah TP might get posted up by Barnes or whoever, but I'll take that over doubling Barnes, Green, Bogut, etc. and then it leading to a WIDE open 3 by Curry or Thompson...

timtonymanu
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM

Need I remind you, they are 0 for 5 since you became a fan. Maybe you should hop off the bandwagon. :toast

dbreiden83080
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM

Yeah because winning rings is just so easy.. It took the best player on the planet 10 years and moving to South Beach to team up with a HOF running mate to win his 1st..

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-08-2013, 11:43 PM
harsh reality: u know its time to rebuild and restart when 2 out of the last 3 years we had great regular seasons but lost to an 8th seed and a 6th seeded team. series just begun i know, but if we dont make it out of second round, might be time to break it up. not ranting, just suggesting lol dont throw stones at me.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.word.7 i accept all spurs fans

It's just one game. Spurs have lost one of the first two at home before, and still won the series. Spurs will win this series in 6 or 7, though I won't be that surprised if they win both games in Golden State. Spurs need to wake up, and I'm sure they will. I feel that today they thought they could just cruise, and play hard in the finale minutes. I'm expecting a sense of urgency. However, if Spurs lose this series, then the biggest thing they need to work on this off-season is the play of Kawhi Leonard. We need Leonard to be a star next year.

Holden_Caulfield
05-08-2013, 11:45 PM
we learned how to play defense in the second half. that should carry over. spurs in 5.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
This damn series basically comes down to covering those 2 fucking guys. That's it. That 1st half defensive strategy of helping on guys like Barnes, Bogut, and Green was idiotic. Whoever is covering Curry and Thompson needs to stick like fucking glue to them. Ignore what is going on with everyone else. Yeah TP might get posted up by Barnes or whoever, but I'll take that over doubling Barnes, Green, Bogut, etc. and then it leading to a WIDE open 3 by Curry or Thompson...

I agree. The open 3's will lose this series for the Spurs. And WTF would anyone ever double team Bogut for god's sake?

T Park
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
If the Spurs could play with half a give a shit when they get down 18, the whole game, they would be up 2-0 and getting ready to end in 5.

Now theyll be lucky to push it to game 6.

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Seriously, the Spurs are 5-1 in the playoffs right now and people are abandoning ship because Golden State has played more aggressively, shot better thus far, and took 1 of 2 in SA. So the fuck what. The Spurs are healthy, and they have had inconsistent successes in both games. They'll go to Oakland and they'll compete, because they're the fucking Spurs and the series is only 1-1.

TE
05-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Confidence is contagious

BatManu20
05-08-2013, 11:48 PM
we learned how to play defense in the second half. that should carry over. spurs in 5.

Lol no way we take the next 2 at Oracle. Their crowd & arena makes ours look like a cemetery. They're going to be so hyped. If Spurs win this thing, it's going 6 or 7.

BatManu20
05-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Seriously, the Spurs are 5-1 in the playoffs right now and people are abandoning ship because Golden State has played more aggressively, shot better thus far, and took 1 of 2 in SA. So the fuck what. The Spurs are healthy, and they have had inconsistent successes in both games. They'll go to Oakland and they'll compete, because they're the fucking Spurs and the series is only 1-1.

Read the full post. I never said "we're losing now." I said they're the better team right now, but that we can still win if we steal one at Oracle, but that it's going to be really tough.

SenorSpur
05-08-2013, 11:51 PM
The Spurs are in big trouble because they are not as quick on the perimeter (offensively or defensively) and they're not able to take advantage of the Warriors in the post - mainly because Pop has elected to go small and shorten his rotation. Compounding matters, is the fact that the Spurs are shooting poorly. If the Spurs do go onto lose this series, it will once again be a triumph of youth & athleticism over age and experience. The Spurs FO simply hasn't done enough to address the various limitations with this roster - and those limitations are certainly showing up in this series.

McGusto55
05-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Gs can't play better... Spurs can ... Klay career night to win.. Spurs in 6..fuck every dingle chicken shot cliff jumper on this fourm.. PUSSYS

TheGoldStandard
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Gs can't play better... Spurs can ... Klay career night to win.. Spurs in 6..fuck every dingle chicken shot cliff jumper on this fourm.. PUSSYS

Walkoff

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Read the full post. I never said "we're losing now." I said they're the better team right now, but that we can still win if we steal one at Oracle, but that it's going to be really tough.

You're not the one crowning the Warriors the winner of the series and viewing a 1-1 series as an 0-3 hole like plenty of other posters here without anything else to contribute.

I still don't think they're the better team, even right now. It's literally Curry and Thompson shooting lights out. Everyone else on that team has had minor contributions. The Spurs are doing the rest of the damage themselves.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
But.. The Bulls didn't beat the Heat in a convincing fashion, like the Warriors just beat the Spurs. And! In the two wins from Spurs/Heat, the Heat played exactly how they were expected to, in the Spurs win, the Spurs had to pull out some 2011 Game 6 miracle type play just to win. I'm not saying the Spurs won't be able to solve this team and pull this series out.. I'm just saying, this team is athletic, and they are snipers, those are the two things the Spurs struggle to defend.

This was never going to be an easy post-season, but the Lakers' terrible squad had everyone spoiled, expecting another sweep in the second round like last year. The GSW is a tough tough out, the next round will be tougher, and it will take god-like team performance, to defeat the final boss.

rmt
05-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Don't understand why Pop went away from Diaw who did such a great job on Curry (quick feet). If GSW have Bogut and Landry on the floor, Spurs can't go with Duncan/Splitter and 4 smalls (Leonard at the 4). They'll get killed on the boards. Klay getting 14 rebounds is unacceptable. Spurs also are not moving the ball and too much iso. Can't tell the last game where another team out-assisted them. Spurs are the #1 team in assists in the RG - where is the passing? Parker and Manu had nothing at the end.

1. No Bonner/Blair
2. Play Diaw - won't get killed on the board by Landry/Green, more passing/assists
3. Less Neal (2 of 9 is pitiful) and he gives up so much on defense, why'd you run away from that corner 3 before Parker lost possession of the ball
4. Green - get your head out of your **s, practise those 3s - you were the best Spur 3pter in the RG

Johnny RIngo
05-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Eeeeepic fail. Matt Bonner was leading the entire NBA, blowing out LeBron James in +/- coming into this series. Neal is a proven NBA shooter. Festus Ezeli is a D League player.

Bonner wouldn't even be in the NBA right now if not for Pop and his system. Gary Neal was a Turkish League scrub before coming to SA

DatBoyGood
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
It will be difficult but spurs will win Friday. It's hard to imagine this team play horrible and miss wide open shots for 3 straight games. They will be more focused to.

ezau
05-09-2013, 12:06 AM

This. It's all about Thompson and Curry. I can't understand why POP hasn't figured this out yet.

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 12:07 AM
It will be difficult but spurs will Friday. It's hard to imagine this team play horrible and miss wide open shot for 3 straight games. They will be more focused to.

The Spurs didn't do that against OKC last season, I can't see them doing it this year. They'll either win Game 3 or they'll lose a close, hard fought game. Then the pressure's on to bounce back in Game 4.

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Spurs winning game 3

DatBoyGood
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Also the spurs missed like 10 FT's tonight it seemed like :lol hit those and the game wouldve been much much closer

SpurPadre
05-09-2013, 12:15 AM

And coming back from a 16 point deficit in the last 4 minutes ISN'T? Point is, we need a major change in strategy to turn this series in our favor. It can still be done but this series has turned out a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be. Start Manu and Blair over Green and Splitter? Who knows but we need to do something drastic. It may be 1-1 but the Dubs have completely outplayed us.

manu
05-09-2013, 12:17 AM
I've been in ROARacle Arena and let me tell ya.....it is A FREAKING JUNGLE. Can't even hear the whistle from the refs....with that said:

Let's have our team watch "BRAVEHEART" tomorrow as part of film session and perhaps steal game 3!

SpurPadre
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Man, I'll be there for Game 4. Look out for a dude in Spurs gear, road jersey in a sea of yellow! It'll be brutal win or lose for me, putting up with that crazy ass crowd...but a Spurs fan in the Bay Area has to do what he has to do.

BatManu20
05-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Man, I'll be there for Game 4. Look out for a dude in Spurs gear, road jersey in a sea of yellow! It'll be brutal win or lose for me, putting up with that crazy ass crowd...but a Spurs fan in the Bay Area has to do what he has to do.

What section so I know where to look lol

SpurPadre
This. It's all about Thompson and Curry. I can't understand why POP hasn't figured this out yet.

There were two plays were we doubled on Bogut and left players wide open on the wings. Unfuckingbelievable.

Juggity
And coming back from a 16 point deficit in the last 4 minutes ISN'T? Point is, we need a major change in strategy to turn this series in our favor. It can still be done but this series has turned out a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be. Start Manu and Blair over Green and Splitter? Who knows but we need to do something drastic. It may be 1-1 but the Dubs have completely outplayed us.

I don't disagree with you. Spurs need to change things up.

But 90% shooting from 3 is just unstoppable luck. Klay Thompson may not even shoot 90% in an open gym. It's just incredibly unlikely that he can duplicate that shooting. If he can consistently, he's an all-time-great shooter, and the spurs are done. I don't believe Klay is an all-time-great shooter.

DarrinS
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
We have to have > 40% shooting, or we're done

Arcadian
05-09-2013, 12:24 AM
:lol Quitters

Arcadian
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
We have to have > 40% shooting, or we're done

What a gem of insight this is!

I think that statement describes every basketball game played ever. 40% is the bare minimum acceptable FG% for an NBA team.

SpurPadre
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
What section so I know where to look lol

Lower level Sideline a few rows behind the announcers' tables.

rmt
05-09-2013, 12:27 AM
David Lee going down is the worst thing that could have happened to the Spurs. It forces small ball which GS is better at. The shots David Lee would normally take mean more shots for Curry and Thompson. Guarding Lee is easier for the Spurs than guarding perimeter players as 2 of TD/Splitter/Diaw is better than small ball.

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 12:29 AM
We slept walk through the 1st series and had a week off. We'll hit our shots and look better over the weekend. We got this guys.

SpurPadre
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't disagree with you. Spurs need to change things up.

But 90% shooting from 3 is just unstoppable luck. Klay Thompson may not even shoot 90% in an open gym. It's just incredibly unlikely that he can duplicate that shooting. If he can consistently, he's an all-time-great shooter, and the spurs are done. I don't believe Klay is an all-time-great shooter.

Unlucky for us is that he can be like what happened to Harden last year when he played superhuman against us only to shit the bed in the Heat series. Good shooters just tend to step up their game against us in the playoffs like they have something to prove.

SpurPadre
05-09-2013, 12:33 AM
We slept walk through the 1st series and had a week off. We'll hit our shots and look better over the weekend. We got this guys.

Thing is, the Dubs are treating us like WE are the NBDL team the playoff Lakers basically were. Danny Green might as well be Goldilocks to them or whoever the fuck that dude was for the Lakers in Rd. 1, lol.

SpurPadre
05-09-2013, 12:34 AM
David Lee going down is the worst thing that could have happened to the Spurs. It forces small ball which GS is better at. The shots David Lee would normally take mean more shots for Curry and Thompson. Guarding Lee is easier for the Spurs than guarding perimeter players as 2 of TD/Splitter/Diaw is better than small ball.

Just like the Grizzlies being much better without Rudy Gay, only for them it improves their post play and defense.

ElNono
05-09-2013, 12:46 AM
so far, they look like it. Spurs can play much better though. Hope it happens before the series is over.

Flawless
05-09-2013, 12:47 AM
You gotta have confidence in your team. I still wouldn't count the Spurs out even after today's loss. Lets see what happens next game and.. :flag::flag:

BatManu20
05-09-2013, 01:17 AM
You gotta have confidence in your team. I still wouldn't count the Spurs out even after today's loss. Lets see what happens next game and.. :flag::flag:

Not counting them out, but it's definitely an uphill battle. We just need to take one there. We'll see what happens.

J.T.
05-09-2013, 01:54 AM
I told your dumb ass this would happen when you started with the "Warriors come out to play!" bullshit once they clinched against Denver. I told you. You know, I get that a lot of people haven't been into sports for a long time and don't quite understand that sports superstition is very real and when you try to fuck with the basketball gods, they'll just turn around and rape you but no. Fucking GNSF are idiots who think "FOUR RINGS! WE CANT LOSE!" yet...we've been losing ever since you stupid fucking morons.

Try something else. Reverse jinx. Pray to Jesus. I don't give a fuck. If the Spurs lose this series I'm almost absolutely going to nail you to the cross for playing that card before the Round 2 schedule even came out.

AaronY
05-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Never underestimate the heart of a champion
Really..just..fucking great analysis..please post more often..

SpurSwag
05-09-2013, 02:00 AM

agreed, if they won on our home court why can't we win on theirs? We are the better team, unfortunately they just have hotter shooters. Friday is a huge game, and I think our guys will be ready. Just gotta believe, guys

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Spurs proved they are the better team in the second half.

The second half of the riverwalk parade will be kick ass!

lefty
05-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Warriors are better

Austin_Toros
05-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Curry's didn't shoot the best FG. It was Thompson who won them the game in the first half with his threes...if he missed a few it was anybody's game. His three ball to end the first half was huge.

Austin_Toros
05-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Warriors are better

If the Spurs pull their heads in I think they are a far better team.

Hoops Czar
05-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Spurs proved they are the better team in the second half. The Spurs have been playing with preseason intensity in the first halves in both games one and two and have put themselves in this hole. I have no idea why they have been playing like that. Nothing to do with Goldenstate being the better team. Spurs finally started playing with some intensity in the second half. The series is not over yet, don't be so soft.

Spurs need to shoot better and keep the intensity up on defense.

The first stage of grief is denial. The Spurs have been playing with preseson intensity for over two months and the only thing the Spurs proved in the second half is they can't get a friggin stop when they need one. The better and more determined team won. It's too late in the game to teach a team how to make layups or knock down a pair of free throws or closing out on jumpshooters. The Spurs had over a week to prepare for this series and they look like the ones out of gas.

therealtruth
05-09-2013, 03:50 AM

That's the same thing we said after game 4 in OKC. At some point your defense has to step up and own up to it.

cd98
05-09-2013, 05:27 AM
GS has a team full of lottery picks. At some point they had to get better.

milkyway21
05-09-2013, 05:33 AM
I beg to disagree, the Spurs is the better team.

If the Spurs can erase an 18-19-pt. deficit they can also find a way to score and win by 10.

Keep the score close. 2-3 not by double-digit lead by GS, the Spurs will win.

quentin_compson
05-09-2013, 05:42 AM
I don't see what's wrong with saying that the Warriors have been the better team so far. Let's face it, the Spurs had no business winning game 1. I'm sure glad they pulled it off, but the Warriors shouldn't have collapsed like that in regulation.

Of course the Spurs can play better than they did so far, but I wouldn't say it's exactly guaranteed that this is going to happen. For the better part of the first two games, the Warriors were able to force the kind of game they want to play upon the Spurs, and I'm not that confident the Spurs will be able to win this series if that trend continues.

TJastal
05-09-2013, 05:48 AM
I beg to disagree, the Spurs is the. etter team.

If the Spurs can erase an 18-19-pt. deficit they can also find a way to score and win by 10.

Keep the score close. 2-3 not by double-digit lead by GS, the Spurs will win.

So don't let G.S score points and the spurs will win .. I agree wholeheartedly. Too bad Pop has already abandoned the defensive approach.. he is jizzing over this opportunity to give Bonner and Neal bigger roles.

milkyway21
05-09-2013, 06:21 AM
This Klay Thompson is good. Thanks God he fouled out in the game 1. His father was a Spur years ago right? then traded to L.A.

TampaDude
05-09-2013, 06:39 AM
We'll win one of the next two. Then it's a 3-game series, with us having homecourt.

100%duncan
05-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Weak

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-09-2013, 08:00 AM
This series also reminds me of the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. The favored Cavaliers lost in 5, and in fact would have probably been swept if it weren't for LeBron's amazing 3-pointer buzzer beater in Game 2.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Bottom line, we can't let a team with some of the best shooters in the NBA have wide open shots. The Spurs look fuckin awful on D. Yes the Warriors are shooting amazing, but it doesn't help when just about everyone on our team is out of position and running around clueless. I would really expect more from a Popovich coached team. The Spurs don't look like a playoff team right now, it's humiliating to see knee jerk reactions, we are doubling Curry and forgetting about Thompson. Enough of this double team bull shit, any NBA team should be able to pass out of a double team. The Spurs need to start playing more disciplined and hunker down. Or, we can go fishing.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Out of gas? Bull fuckin shit. The Spurs just aren't playing well in general. This has nothing to do with gas. This is the Spurs team we saw to end out the season. We got lucky and played against a Lakers team that fell apart physically, and imploded mentally.

BatManu20
05-09-2013, 12:52 PM
This Klay Thompson is good. Thanks God he fouled out in the game 1. His father was a Spur years ago right? then traded to L.A.

Yep. Who would've thought that a former Spurs player would produce the offspring that would destroy us in the the playoffs 25 years later..

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DarianWork/LLL6/LLL-1080/img0057A.jpg

rascal
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Bottom line, we can't let a team with some of the best shooters in the NBA have wide open shots. The Spurs look fuckin awful on D. Yes the Warriors are shooting amazing, but it doesn't help when just about everyone on our team is out of position and running around clueless. I would really expect more from a Popovich coached team. The Spurs don't look like a playoff team right now, it's humiliating to see knee jerk reactions, we are doubling Curry and forgetting about Thompson. Enough of this double team bull shit, any NBA team should be able to pass out of a double team. The Spurs need to start playing more disciplined and hunker down. Or, we can go fishing.

But some where saying the Spurs are so much better defensively than last year's team. I have been saying all along it is the same team as last year, built for regular season success but not for playoff success unless they play injured teams. Over the last 3 years in the playoffs who have the Spurs beaten, injured Lakers, injured Clippers and 8th seed Jazz.

milkyway21
05-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Yep. Who would've thought that a former Spurs player would produce the offspring that would destroy us in the the playoffs 25 years later..

:D precious!

I asked bec. I remember I read somewhere that this Klay Thompson once had a fight during Warriors-Pacers game, his father, once an NBA player who played for the Spurs & the Lakers stopped giving him his allowance as punishment. huh @ 23? :rollin

Leetonidas
05-10-2013, 06:09 AM
I think some of you are forgetting the miraculous shooting by Curry/Thompson. That shit's not going to happen every game and that's what the Warriors need to do to win. Spurs will adjust

rmt
05-10-2013, 06:34 AM
But some where saying the Spurs are so much better defensively than last year's team. I have been saying all along it is the same team as last year, built for regular season success but not for playoff success unless they play injured teams. Over the last 3 years in the playoffs who have the Spurs beaten, injured Lakers, injured Clippers and 8th seed Jazz.

They are so much better defensively because of Splitter and Diaw and with Bonner/Blair on the bench. With Splitter/Diaw the defense is stouter and the passing is MUCH better. I just shake my head at Pop. What possible reason could he have for playing Bonner over Diaw when Diaw was so instrumental in helping Spurs win game 1 down the stretch - staying in front of Curry on the switch, a 3pter, a 2 at the top of the key and iirc, a deflection/steal? And the Manu/Splitter pick'n'roll has virtually disappeared (I recall seeing it once) - get that going for some easy points or at least some fouls. I HATE, HATE to see Bonner getting more minutes than Splitter and Diaw. It's like MEM all over again.

pikkiwoki
05-10-2013, 06:46 AM
I think some of you are forgetting the miraculous shooting by Curry/Thompson. That shit's not going to happen every game and that's what the Warriors need to do to win. Spurs will adjust

Curry is shooting 40% from 3 this series. He shot 45% from 3 in the regular season. He's just getting warmed up tbh.

TJastal
05-10-2013, 06:57 AM

As a team the warriors shot only 47% from 3 in game 2. Maybe it won't be Thompson who goes off ... it'll be Barnes and Jack next time. And if anything their shooting % is likely to get better playing in front of their home crowd.

Maddog
05-10-2013, 08:02 AM
GS has a team full of lottery picks. At some point they had to get better.

People keep overlooking this point.
If you calculate the average draft position per minute played GS comes in at 14, Spurs 31
Sum of MPXDraft Position/240 per team with undrafted players getting a value of 60
Spurs Lottery players or lottery quality players (Manu Tony) are over 30 with two being > 35
I think most of us greatly underestimated the Warriors. This is going to be very hard. My only hope is inexperience hurts them and TIm and Tony start feeling better.

Bartleby
05-10-2013, 09:41 AM
As a team the warriors shot only 47% from 3 in game 2.

only 47%?

They're the best 3 pt. shooting team in the league at 40.3%, but it's highly unlikely they will continue to shoot at or above 47.8% from downtown, even at home.

jjktkk
05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
As a team the warriors shot only 47% from 3 in game 2. Maybe it won't be Thompson who goes off ... it'll be Barnes and Jack next time. And if anything their shooting % is likely to get better playing in front of their home crowd.

Are you retarded? Shooting 47% from the 3 point line, as a team, is outstanding.

TE
05-10-2013, 09:50 AM
They've looked like the better team so far but that has alot to do with our piss poor play tbh.

jjktkk
05-10-2013, 10:03 AM
They've looked like the better team so far but that has alot to do with our piss poor play tbh.

This. The Spur's need to start out fast, instead of falling behind so early in the game.
Got to hit some shots, and quit doubleteaming the post. Either Duncan, or Splitter should be able to handle Bogut one on one.

Dunc n Dave
05-11-2013, 01:37 AM
No knee-jerk reaction, just a harsh reality. They're better than us right now. It took a miraculous effort to come back and win Game 1, (which was amazing) but then they out played us big time in game 2. Maybe we can steal one in Oracle, but I doubt it. It'll be tough to say the least. Here's to hoping :toast

:flag:

EDIT** I'm not "cliff jumping" or a "fake fan" as so many like to say. And I'm not starting a ":lol Spurs" thread. I'm simply basing my opinion off of observation. That's allowed here, right? The Warriors are just a hot team RIGHT NOW. And it's all about timing in the playoffs. They're shooting lights out, and are going back to Oracle, the hardest place to play in the league. Our role players are known to struggle in big games on the road. If we steal one there and come back and win the series, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Everyone chill

Shootin lights out? Hardest place to play? :lol You jumpin back on now?

Brunodf
05-11-2013, 01:40 AM
:ihit

BatManu20
05-11-2013, 02:37 AM
http://images.wikia.com/thehungergames/images/d/dc/Troll_face.png

Reverse jinx tbh. You're all welcome :hat

Man In Black
05-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Doom Alarm is an anagram for Lamar Odom.

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Bump. :lmaoOP

TE
05-17-2013, 02:24 AM
rofl

KaiRMD1
05-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Well I guess this was bound to happen lol

Stabula
05-17-2013, 03:38 AM
:lol awesome bump

Legacy
05-17-2013, 05:24 AM

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/602/a0b/3fc/resized/gay-meme-generator-im-not-saying-you-re-gay-but-you-re-gay-bcf8a0.jpg?1315934251.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=2koNTmZttxkHcM&tbnid=UUzcCteHIuZ5JM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cevo.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F7 09%2Fcall-of-duty-black-ops-2%2Fofficial-slam-thread%2F5%2F&ei=CQWWUfqxDJDe8ATltYHwDw&bvm=bv.46471029,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNHAVEGOgDIEnLvVVXG8_QN4n0Gdvg&ust=1368872519181708)

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Wow, this thread is pathetic, tbh..

At least 50% of this forum is full of cliff-jumping over-reactors, tbh..pretty sad..

Sean Cagney
05-24-2013, 12:47 AM
LOL, I never thought they were the better team, but damn they were hot games one and two! Thank GOD they cooled off alot and our D had alot to do with it! Adjustments etc. ended this series. This one should have been over in 5.

Legacy
05-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Yep. The most bipolar, rollercoaster, pessimistic, obsessive, emo, spoiled (Laker fans obviously spoiled, too), and just plain never-satisfied fans of The NBA. It's pretty fucking sad when the other teams (including The Lakers--believe it or not) are giving you props and pep talks when you're bitching and moaning about The Spurs for whatever reason... and have more faith in the silver and black than their own fans do. Simply pitiful.

spurraider21
05-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Pathetic cliff jumpers deserve to be raptors fans or something. If the team saw your comments they'd disown you as fans :lol

and rofl at the "reverse jinx" coverup. Not fooling anybody

hater
05-24-2013, 01:57 PM
:lmao

I called it before series started

many spursfans will commit suicide :lol

look_at_g_shred
05-24-2013, 04:50 PM
lol

look_at_g_shred
05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
but I doubt it.

100%duncan
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
BatManu20 is one of the biggest faggots here, so this is not news.

BatManu20
05-24-2013, 09:48 PM
BatManu20 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33095) is one of the biggest faggots here, so this is not news.

http://images.wikia.com/thehungergames/images/d/dc/Troll_face.png

Reverse jinx tbh. You're all welcome :hat

Can't believe I actually had to repost this for all you butt hurt fans but how about doing a little reading before posting, eh? Just a suggestion. Oh and please stop with the over-the-internet name calling! It's VERY hurtful mr. keyboard warrior.

100%duncan
05-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Can't believe I actually had to repost this for all you butt hurt fans but how about doing a little reading before posting, eh? Just a suggestion. Oh and please stop with the over-the-internet name calling! It's VERY hurtful mr. keyboard warrior.

Like we'll fall for that shit. :lol Fag

BatManu20
05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Like we'll fall for that shit. :lol Fag

Oh looks like you've got me all figure out tough guy! Can't outsmart you. Again, the internet name-calling is a bit inurbane and childish. Suits you well I suppose. But lighten up, will ya? This is an internet forum..... we're all sports nerds here.

100%duncan
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh looks like you've got me all figure out tough guy! Can't outsmart you. Again, the internet name-calling is a bit inurbane and childish. Suits you well I suppose. But lighten up, will ya? This is an internet forum..... we're all sports nerds here.

Calling me childish when you were the one who posted this after a loss. :lol
Calling me childish when you are the one who's using the reverse jinx excuse :lol

BatManu20
05-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Calling me childish when you were the one who posted this after a loss. :lol
Calling me childish when you are the one who's using the reverse jinx excuse :lol

Anybody who uses ":lol" as a mocking response is beyond childish my friend. But I'm done here, this type of meaningless bickering is for the birds. Have a good one!

100%duncan
05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Anybody who uses ":lol" as a mocking response is beyond childish my friend. But I'm done here, this type of meaningless bickering is for the birds. Have a good one!

Man up and take the shit for your actions. Then you can call me childish.

Legacy
05-25-2013, 02:41 PM
:lol "The Reverse-Jinx Master"
:lol complete horseshit
:lol can't even admit when he's wrong
:lol refuses to eat crow like other Spurs fans do all the time for their team
:lol internet "sports nerd" with no internet sportsmanship
:lol cliff-jumper
:cry "leave me alone, I enjoy cutting myself" :cry

Stabula
06-07-2013, 02:22 AM
GSW would have been blown out by 30 points if they were in SAS position tonight.

thOOdee
06-07-2013, 02:28 AM

if he was really reverse jinxing, wouldnt he not admit it and continue with the reverse jinx......hmmmmmmm

Austin_Toros
06-07-2013, 03:32 AM
GSW would have been blown out by 30 points if they were in SAS position tonight.

You're probably right. The Spurs are the only team that can legitimately challenge the Heat, IMO.

100%duncan
06-07-2013, 03:39 AM
BatManu20 one of the biggest faggots here. :lol