PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs tired? Or is Golden State just a giant fluke fest?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Spurs missing open shots, what can be said? That's two games where the Spurs couldn't make the shots they usually make. Is Leonard's back bothering him? Because he can't make a three to save his life. I will say this though, when Klay Thompson makes 8 threes, and the Spurs as a team make 5, you know you're witnessing a fluke.

davidbowie
05-08-2013, 11:22 PM
whatever it is this "fluke" shooting is gonna get our asses sent home real soon. no way we get out of oracle alive.

hater
05-08-2013, 11:22 PM
neither.

close series and up for either team. Enjoy watching it and stop crying like bitches

DPG21920
05-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Not fluky when you continue to do what you always do IMO. Spurs look out of gas right now and by all accounts have been completely outclassed and are extremely lucky to not be down 0-2. Good news is they lucked out a win so there is still time to right the ship, but they look about 2 steps slower, less hungry and in all honesty they are being exposed overall defensively.

z0sa
05-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Spurs, especially Tony, look tired as fuck.

Amuseddaysleeper
This is reminding me of the Suns series back in 2010. Spurs can't get swept this year, but the Suns were on fire that year against us.

TheGoldStandard
Spurs can't win if they miss FT's and shit at the 3 point line, we played good D in the 2nd half.

davidbowie
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
This is reminding me of the Suns series back in 2010. Spurs can't get swept this year, but the Suns were on fire that year against us.

yeah i get serious dragic vibes when klay and steph get going

littleavery1948
05-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Not fluky when you continue to do what you always do IMO. Spurs look out of gas right now and by all accounts have been completely outclassed and are extremely lucky to not be down 0-2. Good news is they lucked out a win so there is still time to right the ship, but they look about 2 steps slower, less hungry and in all honesty they are being exposed overall defensively.

Not flukey to hit wide open threes. Every team has an off night, and every player gets hot; Curry was off tonight as well. The Spurs beat the Lakers like a drum, but that did not prepare the Spurs for the real playoffs; the Bobcats would have beaten the Lakers in a series. I am noticing a pattern, and this is not good. I hate this, because the Heat are just going to cruise to the championship. :depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
Looks a lot like how the Spurs played the last month of the season.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
neither.

close series and up for either team. Enjoy watching it and stop crying like bitches
I'm stating a fact, Klay Thompson shooting 8-9 and Spurs shooting 5-21 from three is crazy and shouldn't happen. I think the Spurs somehow are tired, maybe there are lingering injuries, but this is not the Spurs team we have seen earlier in the season that crushed the Clippers in LA.

RD2191
Spurs just suck tbh

DarrinS
05-08-2013, 11:30 PM
yeah i get serious dragic vibes when klay and steph get going

Those two are WAAAY better than Dragic.

KaiRMD1
05-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Spurs looked like the Celtics & Lakers combined tbh

davidbowie
05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Those two are WAAAY better than Dragic.

i guess i just mean the helplessness of that series

Russ
05-08-2013, 11:33 PM
GS packing in their defense and inviting the Spurs to get into a jump shooting contest.

If the Spurs can't somehow change that dynamic, either offensively or defensively -- then they lose to the better shooting team.

TheGoldStandard
05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Nah, we will start to hit our shots, it's an ebb and flow guys. We'll hit our FT's and our 3's and open shots, just played like we were tired and going through the motion. GS is a younger team and they don't give a fuck.

Kidd K
05-08-2013, 11:40 PM
I got the feeling the Spurs were tired in game 1, but game 2 there's not much of an excuse for that anymore.

As for GS being flukey, YES that's definitely the case. Curry was nailing 30+ foot threes at a 100% rate in game 1, and Thompson was hitting leaning fadeaway threes at a near 100% rate in game 2. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely flukey. Spurs needed to play better D' on him, but he also hit a lot more shots than he should have. It happens sometimes, but over the course of a series it won't keep happening.

Bottom line, yeah the Warriors are hitting threes at a much higher rate than they normally do (combination of luck and bad defense), but the Spurs simply need to play better period. I have confidence the Spurs can go into Cali and take both games, but multiple Spurs need to play better. Tony and Timmy can't do it all.

siraulo23
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM
their defense is not a fluke, as i said before. With that said we still had enough looks to score more than we did tonight

bogut is for real clogging the paint, and thompson can slow down parker enough that theyre gonna be in every game

i just cant believe for 2 games in a row, they shot out of their mind, it was curry in game 1, and thompson game 2

Ridiculous. GSW is gonna be in the Finals if they keep playing this well. IF the spurs lose this series, you just know GSW are gonna come down to earth in WCF :lol

Winning in golden state is gonna be almost impossible but not quite. GSG

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-08-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm expecting a huge sense of urgency from the Spurs on Friday. I'm nowhere close to giving up, if Spurs lose both games in Golden State, then I'll be worried.

Two10Whitey
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
We're an older team.. We'll burn out before GS does. TD could still be feeling effects of the flu, and Splitter isn't 100%. Something is obviously wrong with Diaw, and Ginobili doesn't have much left to be a consistent threat. We're falling apart and our younger players need to step up.

Johnny RIngo
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Looks a lot like how the Spurs played the last month of the season.

It's pretty obvious they're out of gas. This is the same team we saw in March/April

Johnny RIngo
05-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Spurs looked dominant in the reg season until those last few weeks. Everything dipped - SRS, player production, offensive efficiency, defense. The teams we were regularly blowing out were beating us (Suns, Rockets) and we lost nearly every close game.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-08-2013, 11:51 PM
We're an older team.. We'll burn out before GS does. TD could still be feeling effects of the flu, and Splitter isn't 100%. Something is obviously wrong with Diaw, and Ginobili doesn't have much left to be a consistent threat. We're falling apart and our younger players need to step up.

We need Kawhi! He's been off, but the Spurs need to force him to become a weapon, and the big three need to defer to him sometimes. I don't care if he isn't ready or needs another off-season, Spurs don't have time, if they want to win the Finals this year, then they need Kawhi Leonard to be a star. I know the chances are small, but unfortunately it's what the Spurs need. Cory Joseph also needs to be a bigger threat, and Danny Green needs to learn how to play within the three point line.

DarrinS
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
GS packing in their defense and inviting the Spurs to get into a jump shooting contest.

If the Spurs can't somehow change that dynamic, either offensively or defensively -- then they lose to the better shooting team.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Trade jump shots -- they win. They won't spread out until they respect our perimeter game -- which, clearly they don't.

Two10Whitey
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
:lol You're asking for a lot of changes that probably won't happen in this series. I completely agree that Kawhi needs to step up as our 3rd best player and he'll probably play much better than he did tonight.. but Green improving his inside game within a matter of days? Not happening.

Green needs to focus on hitting his three's and playing good defense.. That's the most we'll see from Green. As far as CJ.. We can't ask for much from Corey Joseph at this point. As long as he plays tight D and moves the ball well he'll be fine and it will be a good learning experience for him.

gameFACE
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
The Spurs have started both games with a lethargy that's mind blowing. Not sure what it is. They've had plenty of rest. GS doesn't even have Lee.

The whole team has to get way more physical on GS. GS seems to be getting everything they want with little effort.

Venti Quattro
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
:lmao Tired :lmao

The Spurs swept the Lakers in the first round, had one week to rest, and you're asking if they're tired? :lmao

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
We'll tighten up in game 3 and we'll show up and hit shots.. Then everyone will be posting, Spurs in 5.. Everyone needs to chill, we got this. We know what we need to do on defense we just need to follow through in the 1st half and hit our shots. We got this

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 12:06 AM
They're not tired. They're trying too hard to play Golden State at their level. Imposing their will would yield different results. Golden State is fast, keeping up with them will be hard. But not because the Spurs are tired. They're just trying too hard to play someone else's game.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
The most healthy and well-rested team the Spurs have put on the floor this season, and the most healthy and well-rested team the Spurs have put on the floor in the playoffs since the 2007 NBA finals. Tired? Really?

mute
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
How many times did we see our guys run them off the three point line only for them to drive past us and then have the defense collapse and they end up getting a wide open three anyways? If they are getting open looks, we might as well just not overplay and just stay in front of them and force them to make threes.

When we run them off the 3 point line, they drive, everyone rotates off their man, and the Warriors are kicking it to a cutter or a wide open three. How many wide open threes did they get last night?

They have athletes, shooters, and some size. Who in the world thought this was going to be easy? I don't even trust us against the Knicks or the Pacers. Forget about Miami...

RD2191
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM

The Spurs swept the Lakers in the first round, had one week to rest, and you're asking if they're tired? :lmao

ace3g
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Hopefully this is just a "Danny Green Icy/Hot" stretch for the Spurs and not being tired. Still don't get why our series and Heat/Bulls had to play every other day while OKC and Knicks series respectively get 4 days off between Games 2 and 3. And then on Sunday we are the only game; so we are the only series that plays every other day...

boutons_deux
05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
spurs offense has been ineffective for two months. They were lucky the Lakers were mortally damaged.

Mr Fundamental
05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
The problem is willing.

It seems like GSW wants to win more than Spurs.

I hope we will show how much we want to be in the finals and get the 5th championship on Friday night at Oakland.

therealtruth
05-09-2013, 07:05 PM

Maybe Pop's got to start resting guys in the playoffs also.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-09-2013, 07:13 PM
You guys and your fuckin "tired" excuses. What is with this mentally weak bullshit? The Spurs just sat for a week, they are not tired, they are not fatigued. They are playing awful. The Spurs have been awful for 2 months. The Spurs beat LA and suddenly everyone thought they were the best team in the West. The Spurs beat a mentally fried, physically dilapidated team. It was nothing special, all it was was hope they Spurs could right the sinking ship. Now we look awful, nothing is new, it's a continuation. Our D is sorry, everyone is running around confused, blowing assignments. I expect more from a Pop coached team. Tim Duncan can't be the only player on the court for the Spurs to play any sort of D. The Spurs better come hungry and they better come ready to play or they are going home. It's that simple, enough of the tired excuses. This team is healthy, Parker and Manu are fine. Splitter is the only player out there with any reason to not look peak, and he is the least of our problems.

hater
05-09-2013, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't say tired. But old and hurt. TP and Duncan obviously hurt. Manu himself said after game 1, he "had no legs"

He also said there's nothing they can do to fix that at this point. it is what it is

spurraider21
05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Spurs just suck tbh
Get this Laker fan troll outta here tbh

xellos88330
05-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Spurs have to figure out how to make GS make tougher decisions on offense. It is a simple penetrate and kick out game. I would rather give up a layup than a wide open 3 to a team that is full of shooters. I don't want the Spurs to bring help from the perimeter letting the driver of the hook by opening up a nice passing lane.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Well, GS makes SA look tired, even if SA isn't tired. GS just has so much energy and confidence. I don't know if the Spurs just didn't expect GS to be this good or if the Spurs are complacent with 2nd round finishes, but I'd be beyond disappointed if we don't see a sense of urgency from this team for the entire 48 minutes they're playing tomorrow. I also think Parker needs to defer more, he's been a problem in tough playoff series the last couple of years. I love Parker and Ginobili a lot, but these guys are nowhere close to Duncan, who could lead a team to his championship himself. Parker and Ginobili shouldn't try to do it themselves.