PDA

View Full Version : Ruthless.

DPG21920
05-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Hats off to Golden State. What they did tonight after melting down in game one was incredible. To come into a place you have not won in so many years and dominate essentially both games is a feat. They have come to play.

Pop has to help TP. Remember when prime Shaq was playing and everyone says it should be so easy and they should just literally get him the ball every time down the court? Well, with whomever is guarding TP, GS is going at him fiercely. Whether it's Barnes who is having a very solid series, or Jack towards the end of the game, or Klay Thompson, they are sticking to their plan of making TP work defensively and punishing the Spurs for going with Green or Leonard on Curry.

For whatever reason, Curry is able to adjust and eat up the defense but the Spurs are not helping TP at all. Just nothing but glowing reviews for what GS is doing right now to play with such discipline and mental toughness while the Spurs continue to make silly mistakes and miss solid looks.

ElNono
05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
solid post. I also agree with your take on the other thread about hunger. They look hungry and they look like they want it more than we do. For 48 mins. Spurs really need to want it, and want it the whole game.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Agreed. I don't see a team that wants it. Manu needs to play balls to the wall. Playing less minutes to conserve energy and prevent injury is stupid at this stage, the most important thing is to win the next game. For some reason the Spurs don't show any desperation until they have no other option, in the final 3rd of the 4th quarter. I don't know why but I have this sensation that Tony and Manu aren't finding the best shots they're capable of creating for themselves. I'm not sold on the shot selection, and obviously they're not making the wide open ones. Hard to win that way. The Spurs can only advance with Manu and Tony leading the team and asserting themselves early on, and keeping the energy up, taking turns putting the foot on the pedal.

Bonner, Green, Neal, and Leonard taking 3s is not what's going to create a comeback; the past 2 years when hit with adversity the Spurs role players have shat the bed and never recovered. I'm tired of seeing the same.

Ice009
05-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Good take DPG. Spurs are not hungry and playing with the required intensity.

Brazil
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
This GS is playing in O like the 2010 suns with high PnR, Duncan is struggling ugly against it. On O they are also applying the same medicine spurs used to apply to Nash: make him work on D like crazy to keep his energy low offensively.

Pop needs to calm the fuck down and think a bit. Why not playing Diaw? Why not trying more Tiago who is much more mobile than Tim at this stage ? and as commented by Harlem stop double team in the post they have too good shooters.
also spurs need to play more physical, they need to put an end to the layup fest, if you fool, fool hard for Christ sake.

Same with the screens, our screens are weak and soft, Spurs also miss Splitter for that purpose.

diego
05-09-2013, 12:50 AM
agree w/the 2010 suns comparison, was thinking the same thing.

a lot of this stuff is just hitting shots though, the warriors have hit a lot of tough j's while we've bricked a good lot of open looks. We need to assert ourselves inside, be the physical agressive team, be it through timmy post ups, tiago/diaw PnR, leonard cutting or tony/manu driving. after these 1st two games its clear we are not going to out finesse them from the perimeter.