PDA

View Full Version : Is Ginobili going to show up at some point?..

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
In 2 games, he's now 10-32 from the field, 3-15 from 3..he's passing and rebounding decently, but his scoring has been absolutely pathetic, tbh..

Exacerbating his struggles is his horrendous defense..he has been arguably the worst defender in the series so far IMO..anybody he's guarding has blown by him with ease, and his team defense hasn't been much better IMO..

Should we expect better from Manu in games 3 or 4, or is this what we're going to get?..

Darius McCrary
05-08-2013, 11:33 PM
He's been horrible since he broke his hand last season, nothing new here

jag
05-08-2013, 11:39 PM
No one expects anything from Manu anymore. Whatever we get is just a bonus. Tony gets the opposing team's attention on both ends of the floor while Manu floats around bricking open looks. He's still capable of getting hot, but you shouldn't expect it.

BatManu20
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM
He's 36 (almost) and injury prone. He's 6 years past his prime. You can't expect him to be that player anymore. He's not. But he can still ball at times and will have big games randomly that win you games. And he can be clutch at times too.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM
he's shown flashes like he wants to break out but......dudes not as young etc.

TheGoldStandard
05-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Manu will have his moments, this is about hitting open shots though and playing better D in the first half.

spurs1990
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
I hate to pile on but that last layup or finger roll attempt he tried to pull off was god awful. One of the ugliest in a crunch time playoff period for sure.

Call me crazy but I still believe though. Ginobili in 5.

Kuestmaster
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
CoM vs CoP again. Great
Manudona has turned into Manu is done. That's undeniable.
There was a time when Manu could win games by itself, just like his countryman Maradona did, but he can't anymore. I won't say he's done. Because he can be helpful for the team and the youngs players future, but we can't rely on him to carry the team and have big games anymore.
Bring him back next season if he wants to, but signing him for more than 5-6 milion per year would be foolish. Duncan is the best player and he is earning 10.

TMTTRIO
05-08-2013, 11:54 PM
I hope Manu decides to retire after the playoffs. This is not a good way to end your career. In the meantime I would just limit his minutes like they have been to 20 minutes a game. Maybe we could give TMac some of his minutes.

FkLA
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
No one expects anything from Manu anymore. Whatever we get is just a bonus. Tony gets the opposing team's attention on both ends of the floor while Manu floats around bricking open looks. He's still capable of getting hot, but you shouldn't expect it.

You act like its a good thing that Jackson is purposely going right at Parker on the defensive end. :lol

And yeah, theyre giving him alot of attention on offense. Much like the Spurs with Curry the Warriors are throwing the defensive stopper Klay Thompson to defend him. :rolleyes

jag
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
You act like its a good thing that Jackson is purposely going right at Parker on the defensive end. :lol

And yeah, theyre giving him alot of attention on offense. Much like the Spurs with Curry the Warriors are throwing the defensive stopper Klay Thompson to defend him. :rolleyes

Oh ok

diego
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
all of the big 3 are struggling. tony has been stuffed 5 times already in this series; manu is shooting terribly; timmy has one block and 2 assists over two games (and the flu).

manu is leading the team in assists though, tony in scoring, leonard in rebounding and duncan a close 2nd in both pts and boards. none are playing at their best, but they are all showing up, as is green.
obviously its a start for the big 3 to play better, but there are tactical decisions that are also contributing to the huge leads the Ws are getting.

and :lol at calling manu the worst defender on the team. neal and parker have been getting scored on much more than manu has, and at least he is good for a steal or 2.

Johnny RIngo
05-09-2013, 12:33 AM
timmy has one block and 2 assists over two games (and the flu).

Duncan's been very weak on the boards in the playoffs this year. His rebound% is usually very high every post-season.

InRareForm
05-09-2013, 12:51 AM
old age will do that..... tbh...

we can only hope he can get fountain of youth for just one or two games to help get us to 4.

SenorSpur
05-09-2013, 04:48 AM
He's no longer that guy who could create game-changing plays with his effort, talent and intensity. That guy is long gone. We're now left with only flashes of a once-great player. Of course, that will not help the Spurs cause in this series. The quicker both he and the Spurs realize that Manu isn't Manu anymore, the better off we'll all be.

The Spurs are going to have to address the holes on this roster in the offseason. I don't want to suggest that Manu be forced into retirement, but the situation isn't going to get any better.

SenorSpur
05-09-2013, 04:50 AM
In 2 games, he's now 10-32 from the field, 3-15 from 3..he's passing and rebounding decently, but his scoring has been absolutely pathetic, tbh..

Exacerbating his struggles is his horrendous defense..he has been arguably the worst defender in the series so far IMO..anybody he's guarding has blown by him with ease, and his team defense hasn't been much better IMO..

Should we expect better from Manu in games 3 or 4, or is this what we're going to get?..

Watching Klay Thompson blow by and step back repeatedly on Manu, in the first half, was a sad thing to watch. It just wasn't a fair fight. I'm afraid that's about as good as it's going to get with Manu. There's no reason to believe things will get any better for him, offensively or defensively.

100%duncan
05-09-2013, 06:08 AM
He's 36 (almost) and injury prone. He's 6 years past his prime. You can't expect him to be that player anymore. He's not. But he can still ball at times and will have big games randomly that win you games. And he can be clutch at times too.

This tbh.

blkroadrunners
05-09-2013, 06:20 AM
He's been crap the last 2 series (vs OKC and LAL) on the road, only averaging about 9 points and shooting under 40%. I pray I'm wrong, but he is who he is now.

Blue-Lightning
05-09-2013, 07:08 AM
This is sheer stupidity. Manu had 11 assists in game one... his three is off, but he is attacking the rim well. He was called for a bogus charge that should have been 3 points in the heat of the moment. He's had two really great dunks in the playoffs, one driving past Dwight Howard. If the Warriors weren't throwing behind-the-back three pointers off one leg from the halfcourt line and making every single one of them, this series would be 2-0 and you guys would be discussing the "resurgence" of the big three.

benefactor
05-09-2013, 07:13 AM
This is probably the hardest thing to watch about this series. You can tell he wants it...but his body seems to have nothing left.

kaji157
05-09-2013, 08:41 AM
It looks like that the configuration of this series having only one day rest between games have really affected not him but all Spurs after that first game.
GS has younger players and that fixture really benefits the younger team.
A schedule that would have favored the spurs was if the series started on frida instead of monday, having 3 more days to extend rest between games 1 - 4.
Anyways, i would say Ginobili wont be the worst of the big 3 in this series. There is one of them that is already scared. Manu will explode a get a win by himself for sue, or an almost win like against OKC in game 5. We know who´s still in his prime but cant bring it under pressure.

Brazil
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
imho, Manu cannot give anymore > 30 mn of good ball so I'd rather have him at relative full speed for 20 mn in key moments of the game.

oh and if we are not expecting nothing anymore from him then better shutting down the team because we are going nowhere without him.

jjktkk
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Even though Manu is not the Manu of old, you still have to throw him out there imo, and hope the Manu of old shows up.

boutons_deux
05-09-2013, 09:08 AM
the entire team is shooting less that 40% for nearly entire games, not just Manu. the offense sucks, missing open shots, dunks, put backs,layups. aka, 2nd round exit

spurspokesman
05-09-2013, 09:53 AM
we"d be down 0-2 without manu.

boutons_deux
05-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Spurs have had the lead for less the 3 minutes in 96.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I was expecting some idiot to hate on Manu.

The Spurs didnt lose last night because of Manu.

it's me
05-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Brickobili is a major problem for the spurs now.... it looks like he is convinced he can perform at his former self level where he would kill the game with a couple of crazy shots (no he bricks stupid threes) .. and that's completely impossible, he should understand his role now, and just fucking get away from the ball.

kaji157
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Brickobili is a major problem for the spurs now.... it looks like he is convinced he can perform at his former self level where he would kill the game with a couple of crazy shots (no he bricks stupid threes) .. and that's completely impossible, he should understand his role now, and just fucking get away from the ball.

We can make a poll and all agree you are moronic on this fundament-less statement.
Ginobili didn´t perform worse than any other Spurs player.

If i had to point out a player that underperformed in both games is Neal, but his influence shouldn´t be very high.

hater
05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
:lmao I been tellin yall all season Manu is finished. Yes he has a good showing or 2 vs. scrubs, but he's practically done.

:lmao having a good series vs the likes of Meeks, and I don't even know the names of the other 2 scrubs Lakers trotted out

I been saying to go somewhere we need MVP parker and Allstar Leonard. We ain't going nowhere without that. Manu should just be an afterthought at this point.

Brazil
05-10-2013, 03:31 PM
FUCK YOU!! This is just disrespectful to MANU.. Stop making thread like this man.. Have some respect for the guy.. His trying to give everything for this team...

superbigtime
05-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Even though Manu is not the Manu of old, you still have to throw him out there imo, and hope the Manu of old shows up.

He'z not the Manu of old. He's just old.

emanueldavidginobili
05-10-2013, 04:22 PM
jesus, the man is 35 years old and has MILEAGE on him. I don't know why people are still shocked that he cant do the usual things he used to do. I still love him and he still contributes to this team, but no one beats father time.

rascal
05-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I have said all season don't count on Splitter, Manu or Jackson. Jackson is gone, Splitter has yet to show up and Manu is playing like crap.

urunobili
05-10-2013, 10:47 PM
At least he tries : depressed

TMTTRIO
05-10-2013, 10:53 PM
At this point I would give all of his minutes to TMac and hope he can at least produce.

superjames1992
05-10-2013, 11:37 PM
8 points for Manu in the third. STFU, haters.

ALVAREZ6
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Pretty much this tbh :tu. Although he was injured often, his performance thus far in this series is an accurate reflection of his regular season play.