PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Spurs will be fine if they can keep Thompson and Curry under 50 combined points

midnightpulp
05-08-2013, 11:49 PM
per game. (Or if two Spurs stars can match their output)

Outside of those two assassins, the Warriors are filled with average-to-above role players that are inferior to their Spurs counterparts. Jarrett Jack is the only other player capable of a 20 point game, but as BRHornet knows, the guy is massively inconsistent and has choker woven into his DNA.

With the way Curry and Klay have been playing, that'll be a tough task, but the series is young, and hopefully the law of averages catch up with those two and/or the pressure starts to get to them.

This series reminds me a little bit the 2009 WCF between the Lakers and Denver. Denver looked like the better throughout the first two games, despite choking away game 1. Carmelo seemingly couldn't miss. The Lakers looked slow. Kobe was getting little help. And everyone was basically handing Denver the next two games because they were at home, where they're practically unbeatable. The Lakers made their adjustments, the pressure finally got to Melo, and the Lakers rebounded. Of course, the Spurs don't have a superstar at his peak like the '09 Lakers did, but I can see this series playing out in the same way.

I'd say the Spurs have a 50/50 shot from here on out. This series is by no means over.

HI-FI
05-08-2013, 11:51 PM
good take mid. I think we'll get ass raped Eagleton style in Oracle for at least one game, but I still think we can steal one up there.

still, losing to Mark Jackson is almost as bad as losing to methheads or Lakers.

blkroadrunners
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Watch, Barnes or Jack will have 20+ a piece in Gm 3/4.

Killakobe81
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
per game. (Or if two Spurs stars can match their output)

Outside of those two assassins, the Warriors are filled with average-to-above role players that are inferior to their Spurs counterparts. Jarrett Jack is the only other player capable of a 20 point game, but as BRHornet knows, the guy is massively inconsistent and has choker woven into his DNA.

With the way Curry and Klay have been playing, that'll be a tough task, but the series is young, and hopefully the law of averages catch up with those two and/or the pressure starts to get to them.

This series reminds me a little bit the 2009 WCF between the Lakers and Denver. Denver looked like the better throughout the first two games, despite choking away game 1. Carmelo seemingly couldn't miss. The Lakers looked slow. Kobe was getting little help. And everyone was basically handing Denver the next two games because they were at home, where they're practically unbeatable. The Lakers made their adjustments, the pressure finally got to Melo, and the Lakers rebounded. Of course, the Spurs don't have a superstar at his peak like the '09 Lakers did, but I can see this series playing out in the same way.

I'd say the Spurs have a 50/50 shot from here on out. This series is by no means over.

You guys still favorites ...
I just was breaking balls ... In other thread
But holding them under 50 is what you have resorted to?

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
You guys still favorites ...
I just was breaking balls ... In other thread
But holding them under 50 is what you have resorted to?

They're the head of the snake. Got to cut it off.

If Klay and Curry go cold in the same game, I don't see Jack, Barnes, etc stepping up with any kind of Horry/Fisher heroics (And I'm not talking here about last second shots, but one of those 20 point games that come out of nowhere and wind up being the difference maker). Could happen. And if does, you just got to tip your hat to their role players for stepping up. Great teams have great stars, but they also have big time role players, and if Jack et al "grow up" in this series, then we could very well be looking at the next Western Conference power behind a healthy OKC.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
this is stupid, thats what we all said for 3 straight years at the hands of teams that kept on shooting lights out against the spurs

law of avgs my ass, anyone could play that game, and gsw played that game no way spurs can keep on shooting like they did in game 1, so what happen in game 2? all were fkn open shots and couldnt even hit shiit

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 12:10 AM
well no shit, they are the two main scorers, who else is going to put up big numbers like that? maybe jack? maybe barnes... probably not, warriors need those 2 to play big in order for them to win.

Latarian Milton
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
that's why their role players (leonard, green, neal etc...) need to work harder and play more nastily at the defensive end. if you feel you've lost your man and he looks certain to score, just throw your fist or elbow straight into his face and send him to the line. spurs gave away too many easy points in the past two games which was downright egregious, you never saw that shitty defense from the 03-07 spurs tbh

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
well no shit, they are the two main scorers, who else is going to put up big numbers like that? maybe jack? maybe barnes... probably not, warriors need those 2 to play big in order for them to win.

they took turns playing big in game 2

while the spurs all played very big on the wrong end of the scoresheet..no one step up besides duncan,

this spurs team is filled with 1 dimensional players only perfect for systems only, fkn neal and green cant even score from inside on the easiest of shots, dont forget splitter who plays like a teddy bear then a real 7ft center, bonner belongs working at subway,

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 12:17 AM
that's why their role players (leonard, green, neal etc...) need to work harder and play more nastily at the defensive end. if you feel you've lost your man and he looks certain to score, just throw your fist or elbow straight into his face and send him to the line. spurs gave away too many easy points in the past two games which was downright egregious, you never saw that shitty defense from the 03-07 spurs tbh

wont say early foul trouble held green back, but he was shit with the open looks tonight, on 1 play he had 3 open 3pt shot attempts and bricked them all,

gary fkn neal defense is just another shit **** on the floor running around, doesnt even bother to put a hand in a face...how hard and little effort can that be?

KL showed up in the 2nd half with the force turnovers only to have some idiot fuck it up on a fast break....

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
quick quick... find excuses... tony parker sucks, manu is old... hold the splash bro's to under 50 :lol

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 12:21 AM
quick quick... find excuses... tony parker sucks, manu is old... hold the splash bro's to under 50 :lol

How is saying holding Klay/Curry to 50 points an excuse?

That's what the Spurs need to do to win the series.

An excuse is saying, ":cry We wouldn't have gotten swept if Kobe was healthy :cry"

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 12:22 AM
How is saying holding Klay/Curry to 50 points an excuse?

That's what the Spurs need to do to win the series.

An excuse is saying, ":cry We wouldn't have gotten swept if Kobe was healthy :cry"

mid, your coat tailing like a motha fucka.

Latarian Milton
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
danny green is pure garbage and it kinda shocks me it takes this long for you niggas to realize that, and that there're still some spurs fans thinking him as a valuable squad member or shit.

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 12:25 AM
mid, your coat tailing like a motha fucka.

That comment doesn't make any sense, either.

Coattailing what and who?

Anyhow, own up, son.

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 12:28 AM
That comment doesn't make any sense, either.

Coattailing what and who?

Anyhow, own up, son.

you started making excuses towords the end of the season, even when you guys had the first place lead. i believe this will help you refresh your memory.. "losing faith already". As well calling out frenchie, and start sucking his dick after this loss. I know you remember.

Robz4000
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Won't happen. Spurs only have one above-average perimeter defender and he can only guard one of them. Dubs win this in 5 or 6. Would not surprise me to see them get swept by Memphis either tbh.

hater
05-09-2013, 12:32 AM
I would like to hear SpursDynasty input on this

:lmao

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 12:32 AM
you started making excuses towords the end of the season, even when you guys had the first place lead. i believe this will help you refresh your memory.. "losing faith already". As well calling out frenchie, and start sucking his dick after this loss. I know you remember.

That's not an excuse.

An excuse would be, "Tony Parker is playing like shit because he's not getting any calls." Or, ":cry Our complete team only played 7 games together, that's why we didn't 'figure it out' :cry"

I called out Frenchie for playing like garbage without qualification. I "owned up" to his failure.

Now it's time for you to do the same and:::

Own up, son.

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 12:37 AM
That's not an excuse.

An excuse would be, "Tony Parker is playing like shit because he's not getting any calls." Or, ":cry Our complete team only played 7 games together, that's why we didn't 'figure it out' :cry"

I called out Frenchie for playing like garbage without qualification. I "owned up" to his failure.

Now it's time for you to do the same and:::

Own up, son.

no, thats a blatant lie, you were trying to guarantee your self safety if the spurs were to lose.. At least take it like a man, thats weak shit.

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 12:40 AM
no, thats a blatant lie, you were trying to guarantee your self safety if the spurs were to lose.. At least take it like a man, thats weak shit.

When Parker shoots 1-10, he's getting called out. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with "guaranteeing my safety."

And if anyone isn't taking losses like a man, it's you.

You still haven't "owned up," son.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 12:45 AM
i dont know why popabitch wont play tmac, how worst can he be? at leasts his not pure shit like green and neal

baseline bum
05-09-2013, 12:59 AM
You shouldn't sell Barnes short, mid; I think dude is going to be a really good NBA player and Golden State absolutely did the smart thing tanking to land him. Don't think he should have lasted to 7.

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
When Parker shoots 1-10, he's getting called out. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with "guaranteeing my safety."

And if anyone isn't taking losses like a man, it's you.

You still haven't "owned up," son.

BS brother, BS. Own up lol, they lost its done and done.

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 01:16 AM
BS brother, BS. Own up lol, they lost its done and done.

Nope. Parker plays like shit, he gets called out. And in that 1-10 game, he was deathly afraid of challenging Howard. I really thought, with Howard and Gasol, the Lakers would be a tough out in the first round.

But Howard whined and quit like a straight bitch. Nash quit, too. He could've played. Although, probably a blessing in disguise since Morris and Glock played well.

Own up to their failure, son. Own up to Mitch and Jim's for hiring D'Antoni. Own up to D'Antoni for murdering Kobe.

Own up, son.

Once you do, we can move on and start civil discourse once again.

td4mvp2k
05-09-2013, 01:16 AM
i dont know why popabitch wont play tmac, how worst can he be? at leasts his not pure shit like green and neal

:lol tmac... y?

Clipper Nation
05-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Own up to their failure, son. Own up to Mitch and Jim's for hiring D'Antoni. Own up to D'Antoni for murdering Kobe.

And also own up to Kirby chucking the season away while you're at it....

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 01:19 AM
:lol tmac... y?

tmac aint trigger happy, he self create for himself or best slash and dish it out for others, neither of the 2 clowns mention can do this properly or efficiently....

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Nope. Parker plays like shit, he gets called out. And in that 1-10 game, he was deathly afraid of challenging Howard. I really thought, with Howard and Gasol, the Lakers would be a tough out in the first round.

But Howard whined and quit like a straight bitch. Nash quit, too. He could've played. Although, probably a blessing in disguise since Morris and Glock played well.

Own up, son.

Once you do, we can move on and start civil discourse once again.

Parker is the reason you guys are where you are today, and he could be the reason you guys lose this series.

As for Jim Buss- Check the Avatar tbh, where ever they are. We all wanted Phil, we cant control that dumb fuck Jim. As for nash, maybe he quit who knows, bottom line, he didnt play, and we had scrubs running our back court, but what ever it is what it is. Dwight did act like a little bitch cant argue that. and im not going to give antoni the full blame for Kobes injury, im sure kobe just checked himself in, regardless of the minutes. Even Tim Grover said Kobe is conditioned to play 48 Minutes. So freak shit happens.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Parker is the reason you guys are where you are today, and he could be the reason you guys lose this series.

As for Jim Buss- Check the Avatar tbh, where ever they are. We all wanted Phil, we cant control that dumb fuck Jim. As for nash, maybe he quit who knows, bottom line, he didnt play, and we had scrubs running our back court, but what ever it is what it is. Dwight did act like a little bitch cant argue that. and im not going to give antoni the full blame for Kobes injury, im sure kobe just checked himself in, regardless of the minutes. Even Tim Grover said Kobe is conditioned to play 48 Minutes. So freak shit happens.

I FELT he did jackshit against the lakers

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 01:33 AM

The Lakers PR team is trying to sell it that way because they don't want to shoulder any blame, but prior to Kobe fully rupturing the tendon, he looked like he strained it earlier in the game. The fact no one FORCED him to sit was irresponsible. Even Gary Vitti implored D'Antoni to sit him, but his words went unheeded. It's why I don't accept the Kobe injury as a valid excuse for anything that happened in the post-season. The Lakers, primarily D'Antoni and Mitch, created optimal conditions for him to get injured. You can also blame Kobe for not willingly sitting himself, but no NBA players wants to sit. It's up to the coaches and trainers to look out for a player's best interest. The fact no one did is a massive failure across the board.

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 01:42 AM
The Lakers PR team is trying to sell it that way because they don't want to shoulder any blame, but prior to Kobe fully rupturing the tendon, he looked like he strained it earlier in the game. The fact no one FORCED him to sit was irresponsible. Even Gary Vitti implored D'Antoni to sit him, but his words went unheeded. It's why I don't accept the Kobe injury as a valid excuse for anything that happened in the post-season. The Lakers, primarily D'Antoni and Mitch, created optimal conditions for him to get injured. You can also blame Kobe for not willingly sitting himself, but no NBA players wants to sit. It's up to the coaches and trainers to look out for a player's best interest. The fact no one did is a massive failure across the board.

That play prior to the rupture was him hyperextending his knee, not the tendon. Your right no player wants to sit, but as you know their multi million dollar roster had too much to lose, and drastic measure i guess had to be taken. You also make a good point about D'antoni not having the balls to take kobe out, he consistently played him crazy minutes up until that injury. Under PJax i think he was averaging 33 mpg, i think. He should of rested kobe and tried to figure something out, but there was no one that could score or make plays for others, so there was no choice.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 01:51 AM
i doubt you going to force them to shoot poorly at home, let alone hack a bogut to the line.....

they gave t he spurs so many open shots opportunities that the wankers on the team couldnt even hit a 3 let alone score inside the key...just fkn pathetic

its more pathetic when this t eam forgets who has the hot hand and start hero mode, does this team even run any plays anymore? ....

lefty
05-09-2013, 01:54 AM
SPurs are fucked

A good young, athletic offensive team that actually plays D

Splits
05-09-2013, 01:55 AM

Anyone with half a brain knows that running a 34 year old out on the court for 48 minutes multiple games in a row and having multiple prior injuries minutes before The Achilles is all interrelated. Yet you have media spinmeisters and others within the organization with a vested interest, making millions of $$ per year to not place the blame on anyone and chalk it up to a "freak accident" so nobody has to eat crow or not collect a paycheck. But let's not fool ourselves, The Achilles was ripped, from heel to calf, because an already-injured old man was playing when he shouldn't have been.

And he'll never be the same.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNd4tEz6RzGx9XSin27WUO21vfyC5z4 MtFrVoVHl1dMDbPPgKYGg

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Anyone with half a brain knows that running a 34 year old out on the court for 48 minutes multiple games in a row and having multiple prior injuries minutes before The Achilles is all interrelated. Yet you have media spinmeisters and others within the organization with a vested interest, making millions of $$ per year to not place the blame on anyone and chalk it up to a "freak accident" so nobody has to eat crow or not collect a paycheck. But let's not fool ourselves, The Achilles was ripped, from heel to calf, because an already-injured old man was playing when he shouldn't have been.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNd4tEz6RzGx9XSin27WUO21vfyC5z4 MtFrVoVHl1dMDbPPgKYGg

:tu

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 02:05 AM

no one thought a 34 year old could play 48 minutes, and be putting up crazy numbers left and right either.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 02:06 AM
i dont know why pop doesnt play tmac in place of some clown and force ginoboli play PG or tmac....gary neal is only good when his a spot up shooter, allowing him to take pg duties allows him to be in hero mode and thinking he needs to carry the load....

corey came on tonigt in scrub minues scores 2points thats just as many as neals contribution tonight in many minutes

Splits
05-09-2013, 02:17 AM
no one thought a 34 year old could play 48 minutes, and be putting up crazy numbers left and right either.

And nobody would be stupid enough to do it, jeopardizing the twilight years of their franchise player with 3 other HOFers on the roster and $128 million payroll to secure a sweep-seed and solidify their place as greatest bust in sports history except the Lakers.

All I know is if the Spurs treated Duncan this way and he destroyed the rest of his career to save front-office face, I would be one pissed off fan. But apparently you people don't live in reality and buy into the propaganda being spoon-fed to you.

Kirbs will never be the same, which is a criminal act that could have easily been prevented had the egos of the expensive suits sitting on your bench and in your front office needn't been appeased. And now you're entering 99-CURRENT NY Knicks territory, irrelevant for 10+ years.

Good luck!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSHEHhRhC2yWQGOIeN4l28U2rHRYdYf QE1cEGTemakpeKedKx7bQ

playbonner15
05-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Lol still praying for law of avg

HI-FI
05-09-2013, 02:27 AM
i dont know why pop doesnt play tmac in place of some clown and force ginoboli play PG or tmac....gary neal is only good when his a spot up shooter, allowing him to take pg duties allows him to be in hero mode and thinking he needs to carry the load....

corey came on tonigt in scrub minues scores 2points thats just as many as neals contribution tonight in many minutes
Pop deserves shit for this game. whenever I see Neal and Parker together, I know we're in trouble, those two kill movement more often than anything. Not sure why Pop didn't play Diaw more either, he was absolutely instrumental in our comeback, unless Diaw is needing more time to recover.

Spurs looked old and soft out there tonight. Manu and TP in particular were a mess, and tbh it's not surprising.

AaronY
05-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Series is over..game 6 is gonna be 48 minutes of blowout and humiliation..basically imagine this guy in a Spurs jersey:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjdI5KbA3FccpLJA_wk7RIgNEp13o-zm_3bmTqEHjtUB_mdMxPaw

FML..

Brazil
05-09-2013, 12:05 PM
danny green is pure garbage and it kinda shocks me it takes this long for you niggas to realize that, and that there're still some spurs fans thinking him as a valuable squad member or shit.

well league is quite poor on good SGs, for his contract, yes Green is valuable for the Spurs, we don't have 128 MUSD to spend so we buy low. Now he is just a good RS role player, in POs his lack of ball handling, capacity to score a simple layup and global lack of talents make him to become a liability for a team with POs aspiration, this is what it is.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2013, 01:50 PM
well league is quite poor on good SGs, for his contract, yes Green is valuable for the Spurs, we don't have 128 MUSD to spend so we buy low. Now he is just a good RS role player, in POs his lack of ball handling, capacity to score a simple layup and global lack of talents make him to become a liability for a team with POs aspiration, this is what it is.

the role players are just system players only good at one thing while they lack other areas that is made up by other players overlapping that weak skill set

this team sucks monkey dick with the draft picks over the years, not finding one player who can at least play both ways instead of 1 skillset to slot into the broken machine, patching as we go along....

Brazil
05-09-2013, 03:14 PM
the role players are just system players only good at one thing while they lack other areas that is made up by other players overlapping that weak skill set

this team sucks monkey dick with the draft picks over the years, not finding one player who can at least play both ways instead of 1 skillset to slot into the broken machine, patching as we go along....

Leonard is not this kind of pick neither Splitter.
I'm not sure what the Spurs could have picked better than what they did tbh. I believe Spurs FO is doing ok considering the circumstances. For good and bad, Spurs are maintaining their 50 W seasons year after year, there is no decent draft pick for us. Therefore they have to be smart and try to plug cheap guys into their system aka Green and these cheap guys suck in POs