PDA

View Full Version : It's time for another hip check

J.T.
05-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Worked in 2007 and we can absolutely afford a DeJuan Blair suspension.

RD2191
05-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Lmfao.That's what im saying. People act as if the Spurs are above that sort of thing. They weren't before so fuk it. A dejuan blair body slam would be nice.

SpurSwag
05-09-2013, 02:00 AM
There's nothing I'd like to see more than Dejuan bodying Thompson into the third row

J.T.
05-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Lmfao.That's what im saying. People act as if the Spurs are above that sort of thing. They weren't before so fuk it. A dejuan blair body slam would be nice.

A hip check is just a hard foul. I didn't say take someone's ankle out. If these little bitches are just going to run circles around the 3 point line and try to win that way, check 'em into the court. I guarantee you the GSW will pack up their tents and fold if we get physical with them.

RD2191
05-09-2013, 02:03 AM
A hip check is just a hard foul. I didn't say take someone's ankle out. If these little bitches are just going to run circles around the 3 point line and try to win that way, check 'em into the court. I guarantee you the GSW will pack up their tents and fold if we get physical with them.

It pisses me off how easily curry and thompson could score on layups. Put them on their ass a couple of times and im sure they'd think twice about driving inside again.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 02:03 AM
So used to the Spurs being on the other side of that kind of loser mentality. We've become the Nuggets. Yay.

RD2191
05-09-2013, 02:11 AM
So used to the Spurs being on the other side of that kind of loser mentality. We've become the Nuggets. Yay.

So you're telling me past Spurs championship teams weren't aggressive, ballsy, and maybe just a tad bit dirty? Come on man.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2013, 02:13 AM

Horry did this in 07 bro, he was on our team, Nash acted alot yes but man he did it! We then cheered his hip check!

jimbo
05-09-2013, 06:09 AM

:sombrero:Classy :sombrero:

Austin_Toros
05-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Do the Spurs have anyone on their roster who would even do this? At least SJAX had attitude...

GrandeDavid
05-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Unless they decide to play physical ball, the Spurs will get back swept and done Tuesday night.

Chomag
05-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Could have used a Jackson right about now. Do you guys remember in the OKC series when they had the spurs intimidated? Jackson was the only Spur that really showed up in that last game. Spurs don't have anyone that would actually do this very well. They could try though, but I don't think it would have the same effect as before. If Spurs really want to scare the warriors they need to stop playing warrior ball.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 04:36 PM
So you're telling me past Spurs championship teams weren't aggressive, ballsy, and maybe just a tad bit dirty? Come on man.

Name a single Spurs team that had to attempt to injure an opposing player who was kicking their ass. I'll wait.

RD2191
05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Name a single Spurs team that had to attempt to injure an opposing player who was kicking their ass. I'll wait.

so horry wasn't trying to injure nash?

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Horry did this in 07 bro, he was on our team, Nash acted alot yes but man he did it! We then cheered his hip check!

If Horry on Nash is the standard, then every team fouls harder than that every game. Horry was just trying to stop the clock. We cheered the hip check because Nash flopped and it blew up in his face because of his stupid teammates.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 04:40 PM
so horry wasn't trying to injure nash?

Down 1 with the game still in doubt? Uh, no. He was trying to put Nash on the line. Finley missed a touch foul in the back court and Nash tried to get between Horry and the sideline, which is actually an offensive foul. If Horry had wanted to hurt Nash he wouldn't have gotten up.

benstanfield
05-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Not sure if serious...

http://www.onemanfastbreak.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Bruce_Bowen.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Fan whining about roughing up an opposing player is something lower-seeded teams do. I've never seen fans of the favored team doing it, especially after only two games. :lol

Sean Cagney
05-09-2013, 11:47 PM
If Horry on Nash is the standard, then every team fouls harder than that every game. Horry was just trying to stop the clock. We cheered the hip check because Nash flopped and it blew up in his face because of his stupid teammates.

This is true, he later admitted he acted on that one alot! Those idiots got up off their seats to get on to the floor, so his little flopping cost them a shot at the game lol. That was just a hard playoff foul! Most agreed on that, yet he got two games off from it.

007nites
05-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I'd rather have DeColo undercut Curry or Thompson.

CitizenDwayne
05-10-2013, 12:02 AM
How about they just play better?

ElNono
05-10-2013, 12:11 AM
don't have the personnel

spurraider21
05-10-2013, 12:13 AM
anything that ensures a blair suspension thus a DNP is fine by me tbh

LkrFan
05-10-2013, 12:29 AM

:lol at the thought of you guys getting physical with anybody. Bunch of betas tbh (I seen't it everytime you guys play :lol) . You guys got rid of the only alpha dog (Stack5) you had. :lol

mingus
05-10-2013, 04:41 AM
I think I might have to take a break from Spurstalk because reading shit like this is just stupifying. I don't understand how people can be so bipolar with this team. Basketball is a game of adjustments and momentum. We're tied, and things have no where to go but up in terms of our play. Calm the fuckdown.

eDizzle20
05-10-2013, 06:39 AM
The Spurs don't have any player like an Horry or a Bowen unfortunately. From an attitude standpoint the Spurs are soft. I love the toughness of the Chicago Bulls and players like Noah and Robinson who never back down and are not afraid to commit the hard foul.

Canibspur
05-10-2013, 09:00 AM
It doesnt need to be dirty one bit. Truth is tho, Curry's weakness is responding to physicality. He's that fines player thats fun to watch and can get hot from anywhere in the gym. He hates getting dominated phsyically though. More importantly he doesnt know how to handle it. Really think thats what we need to do to take him out of his game. These guys are a 6 seed for a reason. There are plenty of weaknesses to attack and I think this one is getting overlooked. You dont need to take cheap shots, but you cant let him get his shot off so damn easy either.

Lets go Spurs fans. It aint supposed to be easy. Every series is split right now. Its the playoffs. Enjoy the show and believe in your team! Go Spurs Go!

boutons_deux
05-10-2013, 09:34 AM
a Spurs gut check and upgrade would be more useful

Brazil
05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Spurs don't need to become dirty and try to hurt people.
They just need to play physical, its PO time. The layup fest needs to come to an end, if they want layup the shit out of us, they have to realize we will fool hard.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2013, 01:17 PM
:lol at the thought of you guys getting physical with anybody. Bunch of betas tbh (I seen't it everytime you guys play :lol) . You guys got rid of the only alpha dog (Stack5) you had. :lol

How quickly we forget Matt Bonner and Aaron Baynes getting physical with the black Kevin Love and his folding like a tent.

hater
05-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I could live with this

http://www.ucpwfh.org/mu/rukeng/files/2012/03/DSC_1876-copy.jpg

Whisky Dog
05-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Spurs don't need to become dirty and try to hurt people.
They just need to play physical, its PO time. The layup fest needs to come to an end, if they want layup the shit out of us, they have to realize we will fool hard.

For one, we actually need someone close enough to Curry or Thompson on jumpshots to actually contest them. Then all they need to do is lunge in underneathe their feet while they are contesting the shot. Not trying to injure them, but making sure they're aware and a bit scared every time they go up to shoot. That alone will fuck their shot. Up if it gets in their head. Bowen fucked Ray Allen royally in 2005 doing that

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
if everyone stays at home and keeps a hand up we'll do a lot better.. running at them from the block or the key isn't going to stop them from hitting shots. Hate that shitty help defense. Help defense with undersized role players helps you lose. Danny Green did a decent job so far but he still lurks in the paint from time to time. Gary Neal always fucks up an assignment.

fukyoteamclown
05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
the problem is that Blair would be tweeting about it in the locker room after his ejection and throw Pop under the bus for it