PDA

View Full Version : Bad home crowd leads to bad starts??

coachmac87
05-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Spurs lack of energy to start games at home these playoffs have been quite disappointing.. Even with the Laker series we didn't really get off to a hot start. And it's not necessarily on the offensive end...lack of focus on defense has killed us..

I just feel like if the crowd was into the game from tip and realized hey this is the playoffs maybe we wouldn't have these slow starts..I know we were coming back from large deficits last 2 games but it shouldn't have to take that in order out crowd to get on their feet and cheer "defense"..

Young teams can somewhat be intimidated by the loud crowds but I don't think the Spurs will when we play in GS...it actually could help us being focused and determined feeding off the energy in the arena..actual playoff amostphere.

On another note. Play big. And get easy buckets and play to your strengths..if Memphis plays GS you think they won't play Gasol and Z-bo?? I don't think so

Chomag
05-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Mostly richers at home games now to busy texting then watching the game TBH.

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Spurs home crowds are spoiled. Victories are a commodity to which they've become accustomed.

coachmac87
05-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I honestly think that their just isn't enough true die hard Spurs fans in SA..I don't think there is another home crowd with as many visiting team fans

DesignatedT
05-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Stop complaining about the crowd. The crowd was fine last night.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Spurs have the worst crowd in pro sports, especially relative to their success. It's embarrassing. They should have moved the team a long time ago.

I'm a season ticket holder and do not care for the AT&T Center. If it were downtown I'd attend more home games. Seems like attendance has been dwindling the past several years.

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 02:18 PM
I honestly think that their just isn't enough true die hard Spurs fans in SA..I don't think there is another home crowd with as many visiting team fans

You don't know much about the Spurs fan base then. The AT&T Center is in a poorer neighborhood in a congested part of SA, commuting to and from games is a hassle, and for the last 16 years the city has been all but guaranteed playoff basketball. AT&T Center crowds rarely see home thrillers and rarely is there much on the line until the postseason. GS, OKC, and other cities are unaccustomed to long term success and their crowd demographics skew younger. Younger crowds with less experience with success tend to get louder more easily.

coachmac87
05-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Stop complaining about the crowd. The crowd was fine last night.

You kidding me??? I noticed a HUGE difference from the 1st and 4th qrt. Why can't they be that intense to start the game? That's the reason we turn off the lights wave the giant flag is to get the crowd in the game..it baffles me how bad our crowd is at times..

Don't get me wrong spurs fans get hype with the best of them...but clearly for whatever reason we lack consistency in that category lol

Chomag
05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Just wait untill we see the oracle in the next game and you will realize how much of a difference there is. It's not even close.

Ditty
05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
The lack of the crowd noise is the reason that Klay Thompson was on fire last night

coachmac87
05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
You don't know much about the Spurs fan base then. The AT&T Center is in a poorer neighborhood in a congested part of SA, commuting to and from games is a hassle, and for the last 16 years the city has been all but guaranteed playoff basketball. AT&T Center crowds rarely see home thrillers and rarely is there much on the line until the postseason. GS, OKC, and other cities are unaccustomed to long term success and their crowd demographics skew younger. Younger crowds with less experience with success tend to get louder more easily.

I live in SA and have been to hundreds of games..so hush. I've been to amazing games(memorial day, Neal game winner). I just don't see it throughout the game only come crunch time or if we're coming back from 20 down. I

Ditty
05-09-2013, 02:29 PM
It contributed, without a doubt. The reason young teams don't do well in the playoffs is because they buckle under the pressure and intensity of the moment. When the crowd shows up and sounds like a fucking mediocre regular season crowd, they have no reason to feel pressure and they can just play their game.

I went to game one and it was a solid crowd before Curry got hot in the 3rd quarter, and the Warriors were still making shots

davidbowie
you guys are idiots.

Horry Hipcheck
I live in SA and have been to hundreds of games..so hush. I've been to amazing games(memorial day, Neal game winner). I just don't see it throughout the game only come crunch time or if we're coming back from 20 down. I

Then you've seen die hard Spurs fans and you've seen exactly what I'm talking about. Spoil a city rotten with 16 years of winning seasons and solid playoff runs and see what happens. It's annoying, sure, but it's hardly a surprise. I've thought the Spurs home crowds have been lackluster for years.

Budkin
05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0502/nba_g_randolph_400.jpg

RD2191
05-09-2013, 02:31 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0502/nba_g_randolph_400.jpg

thats gacho

davidbowie
05-09-2013, 02:42 PM
we just had a lady scream her lungs out for half the game and you guys shit all over her. shut up.

Paulie
05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
The crowds suck, and thats just a fact. :td

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 05:06 PM
:lol "it's the fans' fault"

Maybe they saw Matt Bonner in the starting lineup.

Kool Bob Love
05-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Spurs

I bet you the OP isnt from San Antonio and has never attended a game at the AT&T Center.

Brah all the series are 1-1 I guess the Knicks, Heat, and OKC all have bad fans than right?:rolleyes

pgardn
05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Total crap.

If we need the home crowd this badly let's just go ahead and quit.

benstanfield
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Anyone on the Spurs roster would laugh in your face if you suggested that to them. They've come out lackadaisical, intimidated, and unfocused, but they're grown men and professional basketball players. Not hearing "Go Spurs Go" on defense isn't the cause of their struggles.

ironman2886
05-09-2013, 06:19 PM
This again? :lol The spurs crowd is to blame for bad starts? Stupid threads are stupid.

biskvito
05-09-2013, 06:26 PM
No.

Bad playing lead to bad starts.

jbspurs
05-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Spurs lack of energy to start games at home these playoffs have been quite disappointing.. Even with the Laker series we didn't really get off to a hot start. And it's not necessarily on the offensive end...lack of focus on defense has killed us..

I just feel like if the crowd was into the game from tip and realized hey this is the playoffs maybe we wouldn't have these slow starts..I know we were coming back from large deficits last 2 games but it shouldn't have to take that in order out crowd to get on their feet and cheer "defense"..

Young teams can somewhat be intimidated by the loud crowds but I don't think the Spurs will when we play in GS...it actually could help us being focused and determined feeding off the energy in the arena..actual playoff amostphere.

On another note. Play big. And get easy buckets and play to your strengths..if Memphis plays GS you think they won't play Gasol and Z-bo?? I don't think so

I agree! I don't know why Pop always have to bend over and make adjustment to matchup with what opponent have. Why not try to have the opponent make adjustment with their lineup? Play big Duncan and Splitter let see what happens.