PDA

View Full Version : Official I still believe that the Spurs will th

Blake
05-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Whoops. Hit the submit button too fast.

Was going to say I believe the Spurs will win this series in 7 even if the Warriors do.

Who's with me.

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I believe it's 1-1 and the Spurs will play Game 3, and they will either make the proper adjustments or they won't. I believe the series is up for grabs and just because GS is hot right now does not make them the de facto series victor. I'll announce time of death for the Spurs when Golden State wins 4 games before SA does. GSG

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I also believe those grey alternate uniforms are hideous and they should stop wearing them.

Ditty
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM
If we can't win a game in GS then we're not going to be able to beat Miami on the road when we don't have home court. I see no reason why we would lose this series if we are foreal. So I am still in until the Spurs have four losses in seven games.

Blake
05-09-2013, 02:36 PM
If the Warriors don't knock the Spurs out of the playoffs, then I strongly suspect the Spurs will move on to round 2.

SA210
05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207928

Roflmaoooooooo

BillMc
05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
It's 1 and 1. I say we'll still take this series. I trust Pop to make adjustments, and I think (pray) the law of averages will bring their shooting down.

Blake
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Roflmaoooooooo

Why the obsession?

smh

Dex
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I'll admit that I was over-confident about this series. I didn't expect Golden State to be able to continue shooting like gang-busters, but they have. Curry, Thompson, and Jack are in NBA Jam mode right now, and they are on fire.

That being said, people who want to give up after one home loss obviously didn't pay too much attention to the previous championship runs.

Believe.

spurs10
05-09-2013, 06:22 PM
We've loss one game. We will adjust and make everyone not named Thompson or Curry beat us.

TXstbobcat
05-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I still feel that the spurs take this series but I think it's going 7 games.

Blake
05-09-2013, 06:44 PM
We've loss one game. We will adjust and make everyone not named Thompson or Curry beat us.

If we don't adjust the offense, then I feel the only thing left to do is to look at game film, check the stat sheets and then adjust the offense.

mingus
05-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I think the Spurs will win this in five games. I think once the offense gets going, things will proceed as I thought they would.The Spurs need to play small IMO. Play with 4 smalls and a big. Get Bogut out of the paint, and penetrate and kick. The reason we look so bad right now, is because we have one big problem that feeds another big problem. Our bad offense is conversely related to our bad defense. Our 38% shooting has allowed GS to to run their offense against an unset defense, which has lead to easy shots and ridiculous confidence for GS. Clean up the offense and we see twofold improvement.

Blake
05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I think the Spurs will win this in five games. I think once the offense gets going, things will proceed as I thought they would.The Spurs need to play small IMO. Play with 4 smalls and a big. Get Bogut out of the paint, and penetrate and kick. The reason we look so bad right now, is because we have one big problem that feeds another big problem. Our bad offense is conversely related to our bad defense. Our 38% shooting has allowed GS to to run their offense against an unset defense, which has lead to easy shots and ridiculous confidence for GS. Clean up the offense and we see twofold improvement.

If I didn't completely disagree, I would agree with that.

Instead of going four small and one big, the Spurs need to start Manu, Danny, Tony, KL and Tim.

mingus
05-09-2013, 10:29 PM
If I didn't completely disagree, I would agree with that.Instead of going four small and one big, the Spurs need to start Manu, Danny, Tony, KL and Tim.

therealtruth
05-09-2013, 10:37 PM
The Spurs will win if Pop dictates tempo and allows the Spurs to play their game. Pop used to believe in pounding the rock with defense and execution and it worked. Now he goes for the gimmicky lineups instead of pounding on the rock.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2013, 10:49 PM
If we can't win a game in GS then we're not going to be able to beat Miami on the road when we don't have home court. I see no reason why we would lose this series if we are foreal. So I am still in until the Spurs have four losses in seven games.

If the Spurs cannot win one measly game in Oakland, then rest assured they'd probably be done in by Memphis in 5, maybe 6, and probably swept by Miami. Not sure the Spurs would beat OKC even without Westbrook and Harden.

McGusto55
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Spurs in 6

TampaDude
05-09-2013, 10:55 PM
ERMAGERD! We lost ONE game! We're doomed...DOOMED, I say! :lol

vy65
05-09-2013, 10:56 PM

Roflmaoooooooo

:lol quoting a dude who regularly brags about tossing salad
:lol drones
:lol what about the kids
:lol S:lol21:lol

Sean Cagney
05-09-2013, 11:52 PM
I'll admit that I was over-confident about this series. I didn't expect Golden State to be able to continue shooting like gang-busters, but they have. Curry, Thompson, and Jack are in NBA Jam mode right now, and they are on fire.

That being said, people who want to give up after one home loss obviously didn't pay too much attention to the previous championship runs.

Believe.That is true, but this is not our title teams either nor close.

capek
05-10-2013, 12:44 PM
The sick outside shooting of the Warriors creates a big difference here, but at this point I see this series as most similar to our series against the Nuggs in the oughts, where they one the first game, but we ended up winning tough but short series. If Thompson's isn't totally unconscious from 3, we probably win game 2. With a couple adjustments, and more points from Manu, I think we take game 3 and take back control of this series.

superbigtime
05-10-2013, 01:55 PM
If we see no Bonner I'll be happy.