PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Most disappointing year for LA sports ever?

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM
The only event that could salvage the city of Los Angeles' dignity would be a Stanley Cup win. If that doesn't happen, and if the Angels and (my) Dodgers, with their ridiculous payrolls and preseason hype that rivaled the Lakers', continue their current trajectory of suck, Los Angeles will be the laughingstock of the sports world, and rightfully so.

And I'll "own up" to my Dodgers, Lakers fans. If they don't make the playoffs with that payroll, the best pitcher in the league on the roster, and a relatively stacked starting lineup that is massively under-performing, they'll go down as the biggest bust in MLB history.

baseline bum
05-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Lakers are fun to clown, but nothing but love for the city of LA. Also, faggot ass Orange County doesn't count as part of Los Angeles.

Michael Jordan.
05-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Worst team in Cali besides the Kings.

AaronY
05-09-2013, 02:58 PM
The Yankees team that lost to Detroit in 2006 is the biggest MLB bust in my lifetime..had like 9 .300 batters in their starting lineup; their number nine hitter batted .320 iirc and they could barely win one game..

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Lakers are fun to clown, but nothing but love for the city of LA. Also, faggot ass Orange County doesn't count as part of Los Angeles.

Arte Moreno thinks it does.

:lol Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

What a pathetic attempt to try and attract more bean3rs to the fanbase.

LkrFan
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Arte Moreno thinks it does.:lol Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.What a pathetic attempt to try and attract more bean3rs to the fanbase.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0qoox2Ref1qm37qco1_250.gif
:lol

Clipper Nation
05-09-2013, 04:10 PM
The Yankees team that lost to Detroit in 2006 is the biggest MLB bust in my lifetime..had like 9 .300 batters in their starting lineup; their number nine hitter batted .320 iirc and they could barely win one game..
They at least made the playoffs, the Angels and Doyers won't even do that....

whitemamba
05-09-2013, 05:25 PM
2004 was the worst IMHO.

ShowtimeFan
05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Most disappointing year for LA sports? Maybe. This was the Lakers most disappointing year that I can remember and with them being the premier sports team in LA that's a good start. Add to that the Clippers best season ever ending in the same place the Lakers' did in their most disappointing season. Then you add in the crap that is LA baseball right now and it's gotta be a contender. That said, I'm a Minnesota sports fan other than the Lakers (original MN team) so I wouldn't know enough to say so definitively.

jeebus
05-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Now I didn't do this shit on purpose but I have tasted some of my own nut before...I was fucking "petite becky" real nice..she blew me..cool...I ate her fine....this one though she sucked the orgasm out of me and swallowed...a few minutes later we were kissing...it just happened so fast..and I was like dam I just tasted some of my own Jizz...it wasn't too bad guess...

Venti Quattro
05-09-2013, 05:52 PM
It's pretty bad when the hockey team is the best team

Thebesteva
05-09-2013, 06:06 PM
The only event that could salvage the city of Los Angeles' dignity would be a Stanley Cup win. If that doesn't happen, and if the Angels and (my) Dodgers, with their ridiculous payrolls and preseason hype that rivaled the Lakers', continue their current trajectory of suck, Los Angeles will be the laughingstock of the sports world, and rightfully so.

And I'll "own up" to my Dodgers, Lakers fans. If they don't make the playoffs with that payroll, the best pitcher in the league on the roster, and a relatively stacked starting lineup that is massively under-performing, they'll go down as the biggest bust in MLB history.

Midnight, without a shadow of a doubt this year is not even close to the worst year. For me personally, it was 2004, for most people it was 1991 when Magic had to retire because of HIV.

2004 you couldn't get away from it, because IMO after Fisher made that 0.4 we had that feeling of destiny on our side. To lose like that against the Pissed ons was a dagger. It must of been the feeling Whitemamba had the first time he googled that 4.5 inches is below average. At the time I lived on campus at UCLA and it was like a 6.4 earthquake when Fisher made that shot, you could hear screams and people celebrating from distances away.

2004 was painful man....

Clipper Nation
05-09-2013, 06:18 PM
There's no fucking way 2004 was the most disappointing year for LA sports, come on now.... the Lakers made it to the Finals, the Angels and Doyers both made the playoffs, the Ducks drafted Getzlaf and Perry, and USC won the national title....

Meanwhile, this year, the Lakers, Angels, Doyers, UCLA basketball, and USC football have been laughingstocks in their respective sports, the Clippers and UCLA football were having a better season than their rivals before choking in the postseason, and the hockey teams are the only teams that are good and living up to expectations....

JoeTait75
05-09-2013, 06:20 PM
How about 1994?

- Lake Show has one of its worst seasons since moving to L.A. at 33-49 (:lol Randy Pfund)

- Rams and Raiders both leave town

- Dodgers are in first place in the NL West when the strike cancels the season (not that they would have done squat in the playoffs anyway)

- Kings collapse and miss playoffs a year after reaching the Cup finals

- Clippers follow up back-to-back playoff appearances by going 27-55

irishock
05-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Toronto reached new lows for every single year since 1968

Thebesteva
05-09-2013, 06:33 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0qoox2Ref1qm37qco1_250.gif
:lol

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
How about 1994?

- Lake Show has one of its worst seasons since moving to L.A. at 33-49 (:lol Randy Pfund)

- Rams and Raiders both leave town

- Dodgers are in first place in the NL West when the strike cancels the season (not that they would have done squat in the playoffs anyway)

- Kings collapse and miss playoffs a year after reaching the Cup finals

- Clippers follow up back-to-back playoff appearances by going 27-55

Might have a winner there.

midnightpulp
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Toronto reached new lows for every single year since 1968

But dem Jays and Joe Carter.

SPURSfanINoc
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM

hey, nothing wrong with oc.

Venti Quattro
05-09-2013, 08:47 PM
USC also sucks dick. Ohhh wait, they always do