PDA

View Full Version : 1-10: how much trouble are the Spurs in right now?

z0sa
05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
1 meaning the Spurs are in no trouble and will sweep through the rest of this series with double digit victories, 10 meaning Spurs are in major trouble and will struggle to not lose every game by double digits from here on out. Please explain your answer.

Im feeling a 4. I think Spurs face one of their most difficult tests of the Tim Duncan era heading into Oracle Arena after being down big in both games at home. However, I believe GS is due for some youth and inexperience oriented boneheadedness while the Spurs' experience and shooting will catch back up to them.

How do you feel, ST?

spurraider21
05-09-2013, 03:07 PM
probably a 4 or 5. its a tie series and we've gotta win in oracle. all we have to do is play like we're capable of playing, and it will fall into place

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-09-2013, 03:07 PM
8. Sure, a playoff series tied 1-1 doesn't seem all that alarming until one considers that it took a most improbable comeback to even steal the first game on one's own home court. This Spurs team by all rights ought to be 0-2 as it heads on the road to visit the Warriors. Without many plays going the Spurs' way in Game One, they could have been facing a sweep.

It will take a tremendous, tremendous effort to even steal just one game on the road.

RD2191
05-09-2013, 03:18 PM
9. miracle win in game 1, should be going to oakland down 0-2. no answer for curry, thompson, or jack. they are shutting down tp9 which in turn shuts down our offense. we are screwed.

Poolboy5623
05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
looks like games 3-6, last year, in the wcf...spurs cant keep up with the younger, faster, more athletic guards. Theyll be LUCKY to win another game in the series.

Maddog
05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
I think 7
Two games in a row with double digit deficits,
Tony not a 100%
A young talented team starting realize what it takes to win

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 03:25 PM
One could look at Games 1 and 2 and put them pretty close to an 8. I'm going to place them at a 5; not in the perfect position, not dead in the water. There are positives to be taken from the first two games, whether or not cliffjumpers on this board want to acknowledge them. They've found that playing their system will work if they can just impose it, rather than trying to run with the Dubs early and getting into double deficit holes. The series is 1-1, and come Game 5 the Spurs could be down 3-1, tied 2-2, or even up 3-1. As a result, I put them at a 5 for now.

emanueldavidginobili
05-09-2013, 03:32 PM

spurraider21
05-09-2013, 03:37 PM
9. miracle win in game 1, should be going to oakland down 0-2. no answer for curry, thompson, or jack. they are shutting down tp9 which in turn shuts down our offense. we are screwed.

i think 9 would be fair if we were actually losing in the series :rollin

Brunodf
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Budkin
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Horry Hipcheck
05-09-2013, 03:45 PM
i think 9 would be fair if we were actually losing in the series :rollin

He's the board's most vocal cliff jumper, banking on the seemingly probable outcome of the Spurs' next two games in Oakland leading to a 3-1 hole, so that if the Spurs fail to mount any sort of opposition to the Warriors, he can say "I told you so", but if the Spurs pull it out then he can be relieved and thank Based God that fortune favors the bold and his modesty about the Spurs chances going forward will be met with understanding and compassion from what he considers his fellow Spurs fans.

Stabula
05-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Can't say until we see how the Spurs perform in Game 3. If they lose big in Game 3 then yeah a 9 is totally justified.

slick'81
05-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Probably 7 warriors r for real .I didn't give them enough credit for their defense and figured the pressure would get to their shooters,that clearly isn't the case

kaji157
05-09-2013, 04:01 PM
5, maybe 6. Not more, because if they get the split they´ve regained home court advantage.
Plus, it´s not that the Spurs gave their best and GS was average and still won.
We won Game 1 playing subpar overall and with GS playing out of their minds and we lost game 2 on the same premise.
It wouldn´t surprise anyone if the spurs up their level a bit and GS comes down near their averages. In that scenario the series could be done in 5 games, maybe 6.
We, and the team, should not forget that if we execute a little better it will be very hard for GS to keep up by shooting wild 3´s as they have been.

look_at_g_shred
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM

look_at_g_shred
05-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Park really needs his jumper to fall though! He plays better when it's going down. It opens the game up for everyone.

spurs10
05-09-2013, 04:12 PM
3...I think we will win this series and needed the challenge. Our shooting could not have been much worse, and theirs could not have been much worse.:flag:

RD2191
05-09-2013, 04:13 PM
so the warriors easily go up 18-20 on us at the at&t center and you guys think we have a shot in one of the craziest arenas in the nba? LOL

look_at_g_shred
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
After two games, the Spurs now have the chance to make the proper adjustments. With GSW this is it. What we've seen is what we are going to continue to see. The real question is, when or if we make the proper adjustments to guard them properly and take them out of what they want to do..How will they respond??

blizz
05-09-2013, 04:22 PM
10 this series is over. They take the next three. Warriors vs Heat will be fun to watch.

spurs10
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
so the warriors easily go up 18-20 on us at the at&t center and you guys think we have a shot in one of the craziest arenas in the nba? LOL
Don't get me wrong, I see your point. GS is playing with a lot of energy, but I don't see the Spurs playing as poorly as they played last night. We will see...

Pentagruel
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I think it's very difficult to say and therefore I'd put it at 5, a coin flip in other words on who will win the series. There were stretches of time in both games where the spurs dominated and imposed their will so its clear they are capable of doing so. It will be interesting to see what gsw does when one of their shooters isn't utterly unconscious and how they react. In both games when the spurs made their runs, gsw lost the unconsciousness of curry and Thompson respectively and they didn't have an answer in game one.

I think it's likely to be a competitive series. I don't believe gsw will shoot as well the rest of this series and I think the spurs will improve their fg% to some degree. My biggest worry though is that gsw are defending tony Parker's drives extremely well and unless his jumper gets going we won't see the full force of our offense.

I think game 3 will very important. I won't say it's a must win but we absolutely must look much more competitive then we have in the past 2 games. We need to defend more aggressively and we need to take advantage of the easy baskets and free throws when they are available. If we come out with more energy and focus I believe we can win in Oakland. The spurs have been the better team throughout the season but we must start playing like that again or this will end up like the okc series from last year.

spurraider21
05-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Can we just make one official "the sky is falling" thread so all you cliff jumpers can hold each others hands during your mass suicide?

look_at_g_shred
05-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Can we just make one official "the sky is falling" thread so all you cliff jumpers can hold each others hands during your mass suicide?

This series just got a heck of a lot better!! How pumped are you for tomorrow's game?

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 04:58 PM
If Splitter and Duncan start together: 2

If the smallball romance continues to blossom: 9

The Spurs had to learn how to play a completely new style of basketball in 2006 against a much better team than they're facing now, and they had to learn it on the fly. They almost made it, losing in overtime of game 7. The only reason I don't put the above at a 10 is because I've seem them figure it out before, and the key guys that are getting hung out to dry by Pop got hung out to dry back then, so they can help the adjustment.

Legacy
05-09-2013, 04:58 PM
WOW. We are on the same boat as everyone else is in The Playoffs right now (1-1), and you guys act like you are ready to pass out razor blades and end it all already. That's simply BATSHIT INSANE. :downspin:

EVAY
05-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Thank you.

mexicanjunior
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM
8...we are at the point of just hoping Curry and Thompson cool off defensively. I don't see it happening in Oakland...we may win game 5 in SA but I think it ends in 6 just like OKC last year and Memphis in 2011. This version of the Spurs has not shown it can withstand a home loss and come back to win a series. No tough role players like Horry and Bowen to help right the ship like in 2007.

Mr Fundamental
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM

spurraider21
05-09-2013, 05:07 PM
This series just got a heck of a lot better!! How pumped are you for tomorrow's game?
I think everybody on this forum is impatiently waiting for game 3

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Spurs fans giving up already. Pathetic

RD2191
05-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Spurs fans giving up already. Pathetic

just a realist, is tp gonna miraculously learn how to play against taller defenders? i think not.

vander
05-09-2013, 05:17 PM
7. if Curry/Thompson can keep shooting like that the spurs have no chance, but they can't keep shooting like that can they?

Austin_Toros
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
5. As long as the Spurs pick it up and win one of the next two games, then I think they are still a good chance.

aal04
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
If curry and Klay play "Good" we can win.

The problem is they are playing "other worldly"

pgardn
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM

Kidd K
05-09-2013, 05:39 PM
7/10. right now. 9/10 if we look like shit again in game 3. 4/10 if we kill them in game 3.

Let's not forget how bad the Spurs played the last month of the season, and the fact that Tony, Timmy, Manu, and Spitter don't seem to be healthy right now. The Warriors only seem to be have one guy not at 100%. Meanwhile Curry is like 120% and Thompson is at 150% or some shit.

On one hand, you can think, "well they were just really hot", but they were hot for two straight games. . .on the road. While we were cold for two straight games at home. I think game 3 will determine the series.

hater
05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
as of right now 7/10

good news: chances of GSW to squander another game. close to 100%
bad news: chances of Elian or Thompson to go Candela in the next 2 games. close to 100%

pretty confidend this series is going at least 6 games. but now, not sure about which team will win.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Lineups, defense, jumpers aside, if the Spurs don't step up and play harder, they won't win another game this year. Whether or not Golden State are the quicker team or the younger team, they're definitely the team that's trying harder.

TXstbobcat
05-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I am going with 3. I think this is going 7 games but I'm still confident that the spurs take it.

blkroadrunners
05-09-2013, 06:28 PM

Robz4000
05-09-2013, 06:32 PM
A 4. Now that I've had the chance to process the last two games I've seen things I like and don't like. I think the Spurs also found something that works in terms of guarding Curry and Thompson reliably. We'll see how it goes tomorrow night. If they lose then I jump to a 7.

rmt
05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
8. Games (except for a 7th) are every other day. As the series goes on, the older Spurs will wear down. 2 of the Spurs' best 3 players are 37 and 35. One of their best 3 players is not playing at all and the other 2 are 23 and 25 - boundless energy, quick recovery and gaining in experience every game. Pop going away from the defense that was good this year - playing small ball with an expert. This reminds me of Mavs 06 but with 2 small Nowitzkis.

ElNono
05-09-2013, 07:05 PM
7, bordering 8... two games in we haven't figured out what works offensively, or identified a matchup advantage that works. Our defense has also nose-dived pretty badly, a sign that GS has found some matchup advantages.

I also don't trust Pop not to knee-jerk into handing more minutes to Bonner/Neal "because we need more offense", while guys like Splitter watch from the bench. Duncan/Manu/Tony look slow too, for a variety of reasons, and that's who we rely on to carry us through. Obviously, a lot of this can change as the series goes on, so this just applies to "right now".

TJastal
05-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I think 7
Two games in a row with double digit deficits,
Tony not a 100%
A young talented team starting realize what it takes to win

Add 1 to that because Pop has no idea what to do except to keep trotting out Bonner & Neal..

Fabbs
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Golden has a sizeable coaching advantage.

Captivus
05-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I want to say 5, but +1 due to the defeat at home, and another +1 due to GSW HCA now.
So, 7.

siraulo23
05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd say seven, well you'd hope thompson/curry/green/barnes/jack cant play any better

But with gsw's defense, all it takes is for 1 guy to get hot and they got the game in their hands and curry/thompson are absolutely capable of doing it 3 more times this series. Obviously it's frustrating but we'll see if the spurs has what it takes to win the series. Spurs losing to okc was heartbreaking, so Im just gonna enjoy the series this year and enjoy great basketall, the warriors are a very likeable team and If I wasnt a spurs fan I'd be rooting for em.

Arcadian
05-09-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm assuming they are going to win game 3, so I'm at a 3/10 for now. It would increase significantly with a game 3 loss - but even then, a game 4 win would bring it back down.

Johnny RIngo
05-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Assuming Pop acts like the best coach in the league: 4 - GoldenState isn't THAT good, people.
Assuming Pop continues to get outcoached by Marc Jackson: 10

Morg1411
05-09-2013, 08:46 PM
WOW. We are on the same boat as everyone else is in The Playoffs right now (1-1), and you guys act like you are ready to pass out razor blades and end it all already. That's simply BATSHIT INSANE. :downspin:

This. You dumbshits seem to forget that EVERY SERIES is tied. This shit is fun! Apparently when competition is actually stiff the answer is to whine and flail like a 6-yr old whose parents forgot her Ridelin. CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

hater
05-09-2013, 08:53 PM
This. You dumbshits seem to forget that EVERY SERIES is tied. This shit is fun! Apparently when competition is actually stiff the answer is to whine and flail like a 6-yr old whose parents forgot her Ridelin. CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

:lmao look at the press conferences. Manu with tears in his eyes saying we had no business winning game 1. Manu + Parker shaking their heads and admitting if Elian+Klay keep shotting like this, there's really nothing to do. Pretty much the entire team hoping Eliand and Klay cool off.

the entire team looks deeply concerned, yet it's spursfan whos is insane and a defeatist :lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
05-09-2013, 08:55 PM
I thought the defense in the second half was superb. If Bonner and Neal don't get minutes I like our chances, a 3. If they play more than 5 mins I give their chances to win a 7.

ElNono
05-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I would disagree that this looks like every other series. IMO, this is the only series where one team has looked decidedly much better than the other through two games.

OKC/Memphis has looked like it's anybody's series. Very close games throughout.

NY/Pacers is kind of what everyone expected: if the Knicks are shooting great, they can win easily, if they don't, Pacers can win. Pacers looked better in the 1st game, Knicks in the 2nd game.

Heat/Chicago: Miami will win this, there was never any doubt, even after Game 1. Game 2 just drove the point home that when Miami wants, they can destroy you.

In our series, Golden State just looks the much better team so far. Taking 18 and 20 point leads, and only losing the 1st game after an historical choking/collapse.

The Spurs have a lot of work to do to actually start looking like a team that will put up a fight in this series.

urunobili
05-09-2013, 09:12 PM

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 09:14 PM
2 at the moment.. We shot like shit.. Come on people we lost by 9 in game 2 and we made a significant run but shots were just not going down. 24% from 3, that has nothing to do with Klay and Curry going off, it has to do with the Spurs just not hitting shots and FT's. Thompson went off and we only lost by 9, they only scored 38 in the 2nd half.. Shots will fall and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

hater
05-09-2013, 09:21 PM
2 at the moment.. We shot like shit.. Come on people we lost by 9 in game 2 and we made a significant run but shots were just not going down. 24% from 3, that has nothing to do with Klay and Curry going off, it has to do with the Spurs just not hitting shots and FT's. Thompson went off and we only lost by 9, they only scored 38 in the 2nd half.. Shots will fall and everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

except you are missing the fact that Warriors took their foot off the accelerator in the 2nd half of game 2. this happens when teams have 19pt leads. (and no, Heat were making a statement) Warriors were pretty much in cruise control through much of the 2nd half. Same thing happened in game 1 after 3rd quarter Elian Gonzales show, but as manu ginobili said "what happened in that 4th quarter in game 1 happens once every thousand games. it was an aberration. we had no business winning that game"

so no, it's not just that "we lost by 9". Warriors went to sleep after lighting us up in the 1st. With full confidence that they can light us up anytime on they want.

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
except you are missing the fact that Warriors took their foot off the accelerator in the 2nd half of game 2. this happens when teams have 19pt leads. (and no, Heat were making a statement) Warriors were pretty much in cruise control through much of the 2nd half. Same thing happened in game 1 after 3rd quarter Elian Gonzales show, but as manu ginobili said "what happened in that 4th quarter in game 1 happens once every thousand games. it was an aberration. we had no business winning that game"

so no, it's not just that "we lost by 9". Warriors went to sleep after lighting us up in the 1st. With full confidence that they can light us up anytime on they want.

Warriors didn't take there foot off the gas, they started to cool off and approach there average at shooting and actually getting run off the 3 point line. We missed a shit load of shots, spurs missed there last 6 shots with the lead down to 6 and at 8 and at 9. Kawhi shit the bed on his 3's and at the FT line. GS built that lead with Klay going nuts but everyone else played pretty average especially at the 3 point line, GS 47% from 3 was built on that 2nd quarter barrage. Spurs just need to tighten up the D and not double down low. Fuck Bogut and Barnes they can have 15 and 20 if that means we deny Klay and Curry open shots.

hater
05-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Warriors didn't take there foot off the gas,

yes they did. they are a young team full of confidence. HOpefully that will be their undoing.

they started to cool off and approach there average at shooting and actually getting run off the 3 point line. We missed a shit load of shots, spurs missed there last 6 shots with the lead down to 6 and at 8 and at 9. Kawhi shit the bed on his 3's and at the FT line. GS built that lead with Klay going nuts but everyone else played pretty average especially at the 3 point line, GS 47% from 3 was built on that 2nd quarter barrage. Spurs just need to tighten up the D and not double down low. Fuck Bogut and Barnes they can have 15 and 20 if that means we deny Klay and Curry open shots.

I'm not gonna disagree that we played a bit better D and they also got a little tired. But just making the point, it's not as simple as you say that Warriors were giving their 100% the full 48 minutes. that is simply not true. They slowed down cause they knew they had the game in hand. It's only natural.

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
yes they did. they are a young team full of confidence. HOpefully that will be their undoing.

I'm not gonna disagree that we played a bit better D and they also got a little tired. But just making the point, it's not as simple as you say that Warriors were giving their 100% the full 48 minutes. that is simply not true. They slowed down cause they knew they had the game in hand. It's only natural.

Well lets keep hoping they think they have the game in hand and start intentionally playing shitty ball in the 2nd half like they did the last 2 games. Then let us suppose the spurs actually can hit an average 3 point percentage, lets say 33% and at least 42% overall FG% oh and maybe even 75% from FT.. Spurs in 6

hater
05-09-2013, 09:55 PM
agree. all we can hope for is their youth catches up to them and they come back to earth. Spurs can play better no doubt about that, IMO Duncan has been less than 100%. As series progresses the gap between the 2 teams should shrink rather than grow. something is gotta give. otherwise, congrats Warriors, the better team won.

Timmy4ever
05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Already missing S-Jax

heyheymymy
05-10-2013, 01:17 AM
it was a 7.

then i realized EVERY series in the entire playoffs right now is 1-1.

so it's a coin toss 5, and i'd lean towards a vet coach/team making the adjustment over klay fucking thompson hitting 88.9 % on 3 pointers the rest of the series and not come down to earth enough for the spurs to turn the tide on them.

actually, make it a 6, just because im not liking what im seeing and not very confident. but it is exciting right now even if it make you anxious, and were not in trouble yet at 1-1, imo.

baseline bum
05-10-2013, 01:24 AM
6. I think these teams are pretty evenly matched, but they have homecourt now.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 01:54 AM
10 this series is over. They take the next three. Warriors vs Heat will be fun to watch.

IF they make the WCF no way they beat the GRIZZ! I am sorry. LOL at just throwing them in the finals automatically.

I am at a 5 right now, if we lose tonight I will be at a 7 with the game early on Sunday and a short turnaround! IF they lose tomorrow the series comes down to one game to me, SUNDAY! If we lost that one forget it! Right now a 5 though, 1-1 seems to warrant a 5.

AaronY
05-10-2013, 01:59 AM

HI-FI
05-10-2013, 02:06 AM
http://aux-www.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/SpinalTap_Edith_503.jpg

i just wanted to post this pic if it already hasn't been posted.

in all seriousness, i'll say 5. just because it's in the middle and I keep flip flopping like usual.

jiggy_55
05-10-2013, 05:22 AM
8.. Spurs need to show they can properly lead a game and take it to GSW and stop their shooters.. So far it's been very one-sided and the Spurs need to wake up and play a GREAT game in Oracle Arena or else they'll come back down 1-3 and in major trouble..

rmt
05-10-2013, 06:18 AM
LOL at the optimism on this board. The Spurs players themselves are concerned. As Manu said they had no business winning game 1. They SHOULD be in a 0-2 hole going to GS. Look at how long in this series GS has led the lead. Players and fans are reduced to hoping Thompson and Curry will cool off. They might not - their form is picture perfect - nothing (that Pop's figured out yet) to stop them. Remember how well OKC played against SAS last year (and how poorly they played vs MIA). It's about match-ups and SAS don't have the perimeter defenders to defend Thompson AND Curry. Whoever Leonard is not on, is going to go off. And Pop's stubbornness in going small doesn't help matters as the interior defense/rebounding is shit even if they run them off the 3pt line.

I still think the way to go is play to your strengths (play big - it helps to not have 2 of your best players playing only 17 mins total) and foul a lot (not while they're shooting but to not let them get good position eg. anyone trying to post TP) - that'll throw them off their rhythm, slow down the game, hack-a-Bogut (get him off the court) and then TP can penetrate.

TJastal
05-10-2013, 06:34 AM
LOL at the optimism on this board. The Spurs players themselves are concerned. As Manu said they had no business winning game 1. They SHOULD be in a 0-2 hole going to GS. Look at how long in this series GS has led the lead. Players and fans are reduced to hoping Thompson and Curry will cool off. They might not - their form is picture perfect - nothing (that Pop's figured out yet) to stop them. Remember how well OKC played against SAS last year (and how poorly they played vs MIA). It's about match-ups and SAS don't have the perimeter defenders to defend Thompson AND Curry. Whoever Leonard is not on, is going to go off. And Pop's stubbornness in going small doesn't help matters as the interior defense/rebounding is shit even if they run them off the 3pt line.

I still think the way to go is play to your strengths (play big - it helps to not have 2 of your best players playing only 17 mins total) and foul a lot (not while they're shooting but to not let them get good position eg. anyone trying to post TP) - that'll throw them off their rhythm, slow down the game, hack-a-Bogut (get him off the court) and then TP can penetrate.

Blasphemy! You no faith! Spurs just need to take 1 at Oakland and series ovah! Rawwwr!

elec99
05-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Yes we need to win one but pressure is on them to hold serve, let's see how they deal with it.

Unless you think thompson is gonna have another career night, and we make our fts, then we have a chance.

It's a 6 now, goes to 9 if we are down 2-1.

G-Dawgg
05-10-2013, 11:40 AM
8/10 The Spurs are in a world of hurt... For the first 2 games they were never really in control and yet they were playing at home. GState dictated the tempo and were the ones playing with swagger while the Spurs are playing very passive. They have been just fighting to keep afloat. It's just going to get worse on their court.... -Mark my words. If the Spurs want to stay in this series mentally, they are going to have to win a game in convincing fashion on Golden State's court or else their confidence will be shaken and this series is as good as done.

Rummpd
05-10-2013, 12:34 PM
2 at most - lose tonight becomes a 5, but simply win one of two and goes back down to 2-3 at most. The best team should win the series and the Spurs are the best team.

urunobili
05-10-2013, 12:38 PM
anybody knows the Spurs record when being 1-1 on a series that started at home in the Popovich era?

Mugen
05-10-2013, 12:42 PM
anybody knows the Spurs record when being 1-1 on a series that started at home in the Popovich era?

I'd rather go with the Big 3 era.

The following resulted in the Spurs getting bounced: 2011 Grizzlies, 2009 Mavs, 2006 Mavs.

05 & 07 Denver series were split and we ended up winning each in 5 IIRC. 03 Suns & 03 Mavs also started out splitting the home games and the Spurs winning the seriees.

So....4-3?

urunobili
05-10-2013, 12:43 PM

The following resulted in the Spurs getting bounced: 2011 Grizzlies, 2009 Mavs, 2006 Mavs.

05 & 07 Denver series were split and we ended up winning each in 5 IIRC. 03 Suns & 03 Mavs also started out splitting the home games and the Spurs winning the seriees.

So....4-3?

Thanks Mugen :tu

Spursmania
05-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Spurs are 1-1 shooting a shitty percentage in both games and missing wide open shots. Curry will get his almost every game. Klay will not shoot 8-9 3 pointers again.
I'd say we're at a 4 right now. After Spurs win tonight, we'll be at a 2 and the cliff jumpers will be able to step back.

ElNono
05-10-2013, 12:50 PM

So....4-3?

So, when we won a series we split in the first two games, we won a 'ship, but when we didn't we flamed out...

Mugen
05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
So, when we won a series we split in the first two games, we won a 'ship, but when we didn't we flamed out...

:lol Pretty much. Spurfan can take comfort in knowing that based on past history, this season will either end in Championship Glory or horrible defeat. :toast

Chingo Bling
05-10-2013, 01:09 PM
http://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/bella_jumping_off_a_cliff_by_toriachernenko-d4ipm1p.gif

SayTown
05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
4. Spurs just need to win one on the road but they can win both in GS. Curry had his second best game of the whole season in game 1 besides that game against the Knicks and Klay had his best game of the whole season in game 2. It's not very likely they can keep it up the whole series but it's possible and if they do it again in game three then we will be in alot of trouble but i doubt it, but we will see.

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Right now...4.

Lose tonight...6.

Lose game four....9.

Hopefully the real Spurs show up before we reach defcon 9.

unforeseen
05-10-2013, 02:58 PM
The series is 1-1. How can the Spurs justify a 8 or 9 on the panic button? Right now, I would say a 3. A lost tonight will be a 5. Another loss would be 7.
Down 3-1, would be 10.

hater
05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
The series is 1-1. How can the Spurs justify a 8 or 9 on the panic button?

check the press conferences. Manu in tears saying "we had no business winning game 1"

Everyone else shaking their heads and saying "if the 2 guards don't cool off, there's pretty much nothing we can do"

the fact that Warriors led for 95% of the time, etc, etc,etc

unforeseen
05-10-2013, 03:38 PM
check the press conferences. Manu in tears saying "we had no business winning game 1"

Everyone else shaking their heads and saying "if the 2 guards don't cool off, there's pretty much nothing we can do"

the fact that Warriors led for 95% of the time, etc, etc,etc

Spurs shot terrible in the two games, (44% and 39%). Warriors definitely outshot the Spurs so they need to fine tune their defense. There is also so much you can do to defend Curry/Thompson but if they are hitting it from everywhere, there is not much you can do. I saw Curry with a one-footed 3 pointer and that was insane.

I am taking it one game at a time approach. However, many posters here are already jumping ship.

superbigtime
05-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Spurs are playing with the moxy of a kicked dog. Damn we need SJax. The role players are in disarray. Our clutch shooters are cold, sporadic, and unreliable. Pop starting Bonner brings back the warm fuzzies from last year's collapse.

We need strong inside game, good shooting, good FT%, limited TOs, and 48 mins of strong D and lots of energy, sound coaching, and fair refereeing. Sounds improbable. If we lose game 3, we lose the series most likely. I see it falling apart in third quarter.

8. Spurs are in trouble no doubt about it.

bus driver
05-10-2013, 04:01 PM

if it is going to GS to shoot lights out to beat the spurs than i can live with that.

pikkiwoki
05-10-2013, 05:49 PM
https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/332976949683187712

:drunk

therealtruth
05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Yes we need to win one but pressure is on them to hold serve, let's see how they deal with it.

Unless you think thompson is gonna have another career night, and we make our fts, then we have a chance.

It's a 6 now, goes to 9 if we are down 2-1.

The Spurs haven't put any pressure on the Warriors all series. I think they will be fine at home.

Agloco
05-10-2013, 09:40 PM
8...we are at the point of just hoping Curry and Thompson cool off defensively. I don't see it happening in Oakland...we may win game 5 in SA but I think it ends in 6 just like OKC last year and Memphis in 2011. This version of the Spurs has not shown it can withstand a home loss and come back to win a series. No tough role players like Horry and Bowen to help right the ship like in 2007.

http://flamesnation.ca/uploads/Image/bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329 .jpg

Spur|n|Austin
05-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Rarely post during games, but HUBIE BROWN is HORRIBLE

hater
05-13-2013, 06:30 PM
curious to see what anxiety levels are now?

For some reason not worried much anymore. Worry level dropped to a 3 IMO

spurs series to lose IMO Warriors are the ones who need to come with the adjustments for game 5. real tough to do for a young team on the road. We might finally see a Spurs blowout

Robz4000
05-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Around a 4. Hard to ignore the Big 3 look gassed, but being at home on top of the anger they feel at blowing game 4 makes me think they take the next two. Not sure how they'll fare next series,but if they can get at least 3 days off before the WCF I think this will be good for them.

Budkin
05-13-2013, 06:35 PM
4. Our guys are pissed and I can't see them dropping another game at home to these guys.

CitizenDwayne
05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
I agree. 3 or 4. People saying Game 4's loss was more worrisome than Game 2's are fucking insane.

Horry Hipcheck
05-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Game 4 isn't a loss if the Spurs make FTs and rebound. Two of the most easily corrected issues in the game, IMO. The Spurs will be in more trouble if they don't win Game 5.

dbreiden83080
05-13-2013, 07:48 PM

9.5 if they lose tomorrow night.. Spurs need to man up here and play like the deeper and more experienced team in game 5. They have failed in big game 5's before in the Duncan era. Lets not do it again..

Kidd K
05-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Still feels like 7/10 to me. Spurs haven't played well even once yet. Warriors have 2 well played games to our 0. We also lost to the Warriors' worst game of the series by playing even worse.

The Spurs just haven't shown great play in nearly 2 months. They can pretty much lose at any time, and right now my mindset is changing from "fuck we just need to get to the Finals then we can beat the Heat!" to: "I know we can't beat the Heat but I just hope we get there so these other 3 shitty west teams don't make it instead".

I'm not abandoning them or anything, but my confidence in them being contenders is practically gone. They've been playing too shitty for too long. They need to play way better to be a real contender.

Maddog
05-14-2013, 01:47 AM
I've come down from a 7, however things still look tenuous

spurraider21
05-14-2013, 02:13 AM
the one encouraging thing is that we are playing nowhere near our potential and are still 2-2 going back home

Obstructed_View
05-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Not terribly worried about this round, but every game the Spurs extend this series drops their chances going forward. The whole "ooh yay we got a split on the road lol" shit is for teams that are grateful to get into the second round.

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Not terribly worried about this round, but every game the Spurs extend this series drops their chances going forward. The whole "ooh yay we got a split on the road lol" shit is for teams that are grateful to get into the second round.

They really need to get this done in six. I have a suspicion OKC will win Game 5 back in their own gym but I don't think they're likely to extend the series much beyond that.

Rito3d30
05-14-2013, 02:42 AM
at least they will have a longer rest at home compare to what they had after game 3

Arcadian
05-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Still a 3/10. They won one in GS. Expect a win in game 5.

Brazil
05-14-2013, 08:18 AM
for this serie I'd say 5

for Memphis if we win the serie against GS I'd say 11

Old School 44
05-14-2013, 09:12 AM
1, but 1 will shoot to 10 if we lose game 5.

Venti Quattro
05-14-2013, 10:07 AM
4. It becomes 8 if they lose Gm 5.

Chief
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
4 spurs were up by 6 or 8 with 5 mins left. we just missed some shots.manus crossover shot almost sealed the deal. Spurs will win the next two. In a potiental 7 game series the best team will win. theres a reason gs is 6th seed

Horse
05-14-2013, 12:23 PM
for this serie I'd say 5

for Memphis if we win the serie against GS I'd say 11

This league is about matchups golden state is probly the worst for us cause they're quick and athletic, I think we take them in six. I believe we are the worst matchup for the grizz who are maybe slower and just as unathletic as we are. We have enough D to hold down their offense and I believe too much offense for them. Remember they're playing a one man okc team.

Brazil
05-14-2013, 01:13 PM
This league is about matchups golden state is probly the worst for us cause they're quick and athletic, I think we take them in six. I believe we are the worst matchup for the grizz who are maybe slower and just as unathletic as we are. We have enough D to hold down their offense and I believe too much offense for them. Remember they're playing a one man okc team.

unathletic ? grizz are pretty athletic in my book. If we play Grizz they would be favorite to win the serie

rascal
05-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Game 4 isn't a loss if the Spurs make FTs and rebound. Two of the most easily corrected issues in the game, IMO. The Spurs will be in more trouble if they don't win Game 5.

If the spurs don't win game 5 they won't win game 6. The spurs will lose the first time they are 1 game away from elimination. This current Spurs team has no heart when facing their elimination. I expect the Spurs to win games 5 and 6 to avoid being in the 1 game elimination zone.

rascal
05-14-2013, 04:41 PM

The Spurs will beat GS but will lose to a healthy Memphis team. Memphis will control the boards against the soft rebounding Spurs and they are young and athletic enough as compared to the Spurs.

This is what happens when Pop and RC build a team around old and athletically challenged players. They have been building their teams like this for years. They can get away with it during the regular season and put up great regular season records because the system works during the regular season but when the playoffs roll around the Spurs are fighting against quicker more athletic younger teams and falling short unless they get a lucky matchup against an injured team.

Budkin
05-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Not in trouble but they better fucking play like they are!

AFBlue
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
2. Spurs win big tonight and fight off the scrappy squad in a game 6 closeout on the road.

therealtruth
05-14-2013, 07:35 PM
The problem is we need to play to our strengths yet Pop insists on playing to the other team's strengths in the playoffs. We've got to get solid frontcourt production from more than Duncan to win. Our guards aren't enough. I still remember Doug Collins saying in '10 when we were getting swept by the Suns that it didn't make sense for Pop to play small since we weren't good enough.

The Spurs need to win playing their style of ball else it won't be sustainable.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2013, 11:25 PM
They really need to get this done in six. I have a suspicion OKC will win Game 5 back in their own gym but I don't think they're likely to extend the series much beyond that.

Just to play devil's advocate to my earlier position, at least the Spurs came out and played a complete game tonight. Follow it up Thursday with another convincing performance and it'll be a positive thing that they ended the series playing good basketball.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Pop will go back to small ball and Neal and Bonner, lol... then play this kind of game in game 7. Pop Trolling. No, seriously, this shows what happens when we attack the paint and play defense.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2013, 11:30 PM
They are at a 3 right now as they were after game 3, in the lead but as Gold said above more NEAL and BONNER! Pop just doesn't get it for long.

Agreed on all accounts too, play D and attack!

TampaDude
05-14-2013, 11:42 PM

This series is OVER. Pop DOES NOT LOSE once he gets that third win in a series.