PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett and coach Doc Rivers toClippers for Blake Griffin,bledso, butler rumor

ducks
05-09-2013, 03:03 PM
COMMENTARY | By now, just about every Boston Celtics fan has heard about the potential blockbuster reported by ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith on Monday, May 6.

For those living under a proverbial rock, Smith claimed "NBA circles" have discussed the prospect of Boston trading Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and coach Doc Rivers to the Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-rumored-boston-celtics-trade-only-absurd-los-183200934.html

Poolboy5623
05-09-2013, 03:18 PM
well...i dont live under a rock..i just dont watch espn(especially stephen a smith)...with that said, is it possible to have a blockbuster trade, that makes both teams worse? ...I guess there is..

BatManu20
05-09-2013, 03:27 PM
This rumor is a week old and has already been discredited and called "ridiculous" by the Clippers FO.

monkeypunk
05-09-2013, 03:29 PM
COMMENTARY | By now, just about every Boston Celtics fan has heard about the potential blockbuster reported by ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith on Monday, May 6.

For those living under a proverbial rock, Smith claimed "NBA circles" have discussed the prospect of Boston trading Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and coach Doc Rivers to the Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-rumored-boston-celtics-trade-only-absurd-los-183200934.html

Lay off the duck crack.

freetiago
05-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Paul will be in a wheelchair in a few years so the Clippers should be going all out tbh
Griffin has improved but his improvement in 3 years isnt even close to championship level PF or a 1-2 punch championship combo
Clippers become contenders with improved defense and actual playoff offense

Celtics rebuild on the fly and get a few assests
Bledsoe has a lot of trade value around the league
or they can stick with a rondo/bradley/bledsoe backcourt and have the best backcourt defense of all time

ducks
05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
we are talkign about the clippers

Darkwaters
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
You can trade a coach?

What do you think Pop is worth on the open market?

chazley
05-09-2013, 05:11 PM
You can trade a coach?

What do you think Pop is worth on the open market?

I know in the NFL the Jets traded Herm Edwards (coach) to the Chiefs for a draft pick. No idea if this is possible in NBA

Kool Bob Love
05-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Why the FUck is this in the Spurs forum?:nope

Obstructed_View
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I've never heard this. I don't live under a rock.

It's stupid: Evidence: The number of times "ridiculous" and "absurd" appear in the column.

Unless the ESPN trade machine doesn't work anymore, the Clippers are about 12 million dollars short. The Celtics likely can't buy out Pierce's contract and THEN trade him.

Kevin Garnett is old and will probably have double ankle surgery in the offseason.

This trade would guarantee Chris Paul to sign somewhere else.

Has nothing to do with the Spurs.

ducks r retard

Kidd K
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
That might be the dumbest and worst trade I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah let's trade away our meal ticket Blake Griffin and our great backup PG for a couple old fucks who have been openly discussing retirement this offseason and an overrated coach who's constantly talking about quitting.

No doubt this "rumor" originated in Boston, since nobody in Clipperland would ever do, much less think about making such a shitty trade.

Austin_Toros
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Stephen A. Smith is a clown and I never listen to the junk he has to say.

ironman2886
05-09-2013, 06:28 PM
So Clippers get old and slow. Boston gets a solid big man, a future starting PG in Bledsoe, and Butler. Clippers would get fisted. They aren't going to trade a coach. Laughable. How do these rumors get started?