PDA

View Full Version : In 106 minutes of play, Spurs have led a total of 4 minutes 56 secs

hater
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
:lol :wow

this is actually worse than I thought. it would take a total collapse from the Warriors or some kind of miracle for the series to turn in Spurs favor. I don't see that happening quickly. This is either going to be a long series or Warriors gona finish off the Spurs quickly and painfully. Things are pretty dire IMO

ironman2886
05-09-2013, 06:23 PM
1-1

hater
05-09-2013, 06:25 PM
1-1

exactly my point of the thread. 1-1 does not show the picture. This has been a spanking of monumental proportions so far.

Robz4000
05-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Meh, if they win Game 3 they'll win this thing. I think I'm gonna have to agree with Magic for once, all these series' are gonna go the distance (or at least 6 games).

hater
05-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Meh, if they win Game 3 they'll win this thing. I think I'm gonna have to agree with Magic for once, all these series' are gonna go the distance (or at least 6 games).

sure but if you even compare to the other series. NY-IND is a pretty close series, MEM-OKC is also close although Memphis seems to be controling OKC. Of course MIA-CHI is a slaughter, but that's understandable. Looking at SA-GS, and you see 1 team not only beating the other handily but drawing blood. Spurs already have a bloody nose coming into round 3.

unforeseen
05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
1-1PERIOD

Robz4000
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
sure but if you even compare to the other series. NY-IND is a pretty close series, MEM-OKC is also close although Memphis seems to be controling OKC. Of course MIA-CHI is a slaughter, but that's understandable. Looking at SA-GS, and you see 1 team not only beating the other handily but drawing blood. Spurs already have a bloody nose coming into round 3.

OKC should just as easily be down 0-2 as well. IMO they're in a worse situation than us (tho they have the refs to help out). In terms of who is in the worst situation, it goes OKC, then the Spurs, then the Knicks, and lastly the Heat (:lol). Spurs also have a couple of answers to better counter what GS is doing (stop leaving shooters open, stop trying to match small-ball with small-ball, etc.). Though they may not work, at least it's something. OKC is praying someone besides Durant can step up consistently.

suitedkings
05-09-2013, 06:54 PM
How did you not realize that the spurs have lead for a very very small amount of time in the series?

RD2191
05-09-2013, 06:57 PM
exactly my point of the thread. 1-1 does not show the picture. This has been a spanking of monumental proportions so far.

hater
05-09-2013, 06:58 PM
OKC should just as easily be down 0-2 as well. IMO they're in a worse situation than us (tho they have the refs to help out). In terms of who is in the worst situation, it goes OKC, then the Spurs, then the Knicks, and lastly the Heat (:lol). Spurs also have a couple of answers to better counter what GS is doing (stop leaving shooters open, stop trying to match small-ball with small-ball, etc.). Though they may not work, at least it's something. OKC is praying someone besides Durant can step up consistently.

ok then how do you explain the fact that GS has led over 90% of the time. And the fact that Spurs cannot seem to cut the lead to under 6, unless Dick Jefferson checks in?

Don't these numbers tell you this series has been very 1 sided?

spurraider21
05-09-2013, 07:01 PM
If spurs win either if the next 2 games I gotta like their chances

Robz4000
05-09-2013, 07:27 PM
ok then how do you explain the fact that GS has led over 90% of the time. And the fact that Spurs cannot seem to cut the lead to under 6, unless Dick Jefferson checks in?

Don't these numbers tell you this series has been very 1 sided?

It has been, but generally due to stupid mistakes/gameplans. The Spurs have had stretches where they've dominated, but only after digging themselves a big hole. Again, it doesn't help they've been deviating from their normal gameplan of going big; some seem to think smallball is the answer but I'm not too sure. Really hope the Spurs go back to the rotations they've used most of the season and start Splitter in Game 3, but we'll see.

Budkin
05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
They are losing for most of the game because the Warriors are shooting 90% from 3. If they can find a way to play some defense that won't be the case. Good thing about playing in Oakland is that they are going to go out there expecting to blow us away quickly again. That will most likely work in our favor.

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 09:05 PM
24% shooting from 3 point range in game 2, 39% shooting overall in game 2.. Stupid shitty defense in the first half of game 2. Spurs held the Warriors to 38 points in the 2nd half and 17 in the 4th, we played stupid, lazy and shitty ball that doesn't have anything to do with the Warriors. If we get that 24% up to 35% we toast the Warriors.

Warriors are playing as good as they're gonna play, there is not another switch they can hit because we've seen them go cold and stagnant over long stretches which allowed us to win in game 1 and allowed us to attempt a comeback in game 2. We can win this series, no panic button. Now if we were cruising with a 10 point lead and then all of a sudden the warriors go on a 15 point run and take the lead in the 4th I'd say we're in bigger trouble because that shows GS can just turn it on and take it to us but that hasn't been the case.

hater
05-09-2013, 09:27 PM
24% shooting from 3 point range in game 2, 39% shooting overall in game 2.. Stupid shitty defense in the first half of game 2. Spurs held the Warriors to 38 points in the 2nd half and 17 in the 4th, we played stupid, lazy and shitty ball that doesn't have anything to do with the Warriors. If we get that 24% up to 35% we toast the Warriors.

Warriors are playing as good as they're gonna play, there is not another switch they can hit because we've seen them go cold and stagnant over long stretches which allowed us to win in game 1 and allowed us to attempt a comeback in game 2. We can win this series, no panic button. Now if we were cruising with a 10 point lead and then all of a sudden the warriors go on a 15 point run and take the lead in the 4th I'd say we're in bigger trouble because that shows GS can just turn it on and take it to us but that hasn't been the case.

once again you are missing the point that Warriors put in the work for a 19 point lead and then took a nap. They knew they won the game by half time. And no, they were not playing even close to as good as they can play in the 2nd half of game 2, or 4th quarter of game 1. They were just taking it easy.

don't get me wrong, they are a young team that might get overconfident and might have trouble closing us out. But don't be fooled if you think they were giving their 100% on the 2nd half of game 2.

TheGoldStandard
05-09-2013, 09:38 PM
once again you are missing the point that Warriors put in the work for a 19 point lead and then took a nap. They knew they won the game by half time. And no, they were not playing even close to as good as they can play in the 2nd half of game 2, or 4th quarter of game 1. They were just taking it easy.

don't get me wrong, they are a young team that might get overconfident and might have trouble closing us out. But don't be fooled if you think they were giving their 100% on the 2nd half of game 2.

This is a pattern not only seen in the Spurs series but also in Denver and during the regular season. I don't doubt that GS can beat us, they've proven they can knock down shots and take a lead but that 19 point lead is not just because GS is hitting shots and shutting us down. We're not moving the ball around, not hitting FTs, not hitting 3's and missing open layups and that has nothing to do with GS. Our percentages indicate that we are just not making shots and if we were then we wouldn't be climbing out of a 19 point hole, it might be closer or we'd be playing with a lead. Sure GS is playing great but this more about what we're not doing more than what they are doing.. It's simple basketball, deny the ball and play tough defense, can't help it if Klay hits 7 3s in the first half and half of those wide open.

therealtruth
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
It's simple basketball, deny the ball and play tough defense, can't help it if Klay hits 7 3s in the first half and half of those wide open.

That's the problem. If you allow a person to catch fire the shots become much easier even when you defend properly. The Spurs shouldn't be making as many mistakes as they are defensively. That's why playing two seven footers alongisde Kawhi works. It allows the Spurs to have to make less mistakes defensively. If Splitter's injury is what's preventing playing two seven footers then it was Pop's fault for not developing Baynes enough. We've got a formula that works and is fairly defensively sound. Pop just needs to use it.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 12:38 AM
If spurs win either if the next 2 games I gotta like their chances

I agree on this here.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 12:40 AM

don't get me wrong, they are a young team that might get overconfident and might have trouble closing us out. But don't be fooled if you think they were giving their 100% on the 2nd half of game 2.Yep, those using the second half as some sort of key to this series the other night are dead wrong! They won this one by the half, the Spurs got close at times but they answered every time. This one was OVER at the half, they didn't need more than 38 pts in the second half to beat the Spurs. They played horrible most of this series so far.

The sad thing is this was at HOME.

DesignatedT
05-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Spurs win game 3 or 4 and they win the series.

Tuddy
05-10-2013, 01:12 AM
FREETIAGO

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 01:26 AM
1-1

Mal
05-10-2013, 02:19 AM
My wild thought about that stat is that Warriors are more vulnerable. Put them on pressure, make them chase yourself, jump on couple points early lead. This could break this young team.

pookenstein
05-10-2013, 02:34 AM

That may have been the case in game 1, but do you really think that they thought game 2 was over at halftime? I don't.

temujin
05-10-2013, 03:05 AM
GS killer has been Duncan, historically.
If he is finally OK, and with Splitter/Diaw back in a regular rotation, he has room to operate.
He must kill them inside. And stop the penetations.

If that doesn't work, the Spurs are in BIG trouble.
Contrary to what people think here, the Warriors have shot better in games they won vs Denver. So they have room to improve even there.
Not to mention that they have yet to use their excellent match-up zone, that was the real Denver killer. They did not need it so far.
They actually tried on one posssession at the end of the 3rd of G2 when Spurs made a little run, and luckily Green hit a 3 so they stopped.
Dont' count on Parker stepping up, Thompson is a fantastic defender and it's no coincidence that Parker went off after Thompson fouled out.
This series will be won inside, or it's going to be lost.

The other issue, of course, would be a a couple of hard fouls, to test the fortitutde of some of the Warriors.
But since there is no Horry, and no Jackson, nothing will be done in that direction. And it's too bad.

temujin
05-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Yep, those using the second half as some sort of key to this series the other night are dead wrong! They won this one by the half, the Spurs got close at times but they answered every time. This one was OVER at the half, they didn't need more than 38 pts in the second half to beat the Spurs. They played horrible most of this series so far.

The sad thing is this was at HOME.

The definition of HOME is very relative.
Even by European standards -I'am considering ALL NBA crowds as made of mere watchers not REAL fans- the SA crowd borders on pathetic.
In Game 1 the team came back DESPITE all those empty seats courtside. Inexcusable.
So I dont' expect for the Spurs to be a big problem playing in Oakland.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 03:19 AM
The definition of HOME is very relative.
Even by European standards -I'am considering ALL NBA crowds as made of mere watchers not REAL fans- the SA crowd borders on pathetic.
In Game 1 the team came back DESPITE all those empty seats courtside. Inexcusable.
So I dont' expect for the Spurs to be a big problem playing in Oakland.
Their fans are pathetic alot of times, I know that! I have seen it too! GS will be a rawkus crowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will have to go in there like 05 Pistons game 5! Put that crowd behind them and win the game! It will be tough but man they have to do it. I agree on their fans though, alot to be desired, period.

Oakland fans are alot louder though and make a difference, believe me bro they will get up and pump their team up, something SA fans do not DO alot of times. I can't compare them to EURO soccer fans as that would not be fair as they go to war for it lol! BUT THEIR fans are some of the best in the NBA at home! THESE next two will be very tough on the road, believe that. If they get one of two I am happy, period.

Horry Hipcheck
05-10-2013, 04:44 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m77rkeWTjN1qkqi0to1_500.gif

maverick1948
05-10-2013, 06:36 AM
I dont see any one panicing. Pop has stayed as he always does. Refs aint bad aint good. And we have not had any chippy rough play like some of the other games. The only thing that has to be slowed down is the GS 3 point shooting. They have been really good with it. Along with higher % of shots in the 2nd round, GS has just beaten us with better % of shooting. If the Spurs shot their 48.1 % instead of 38 %, we win every game. It is that simple MAKE THE DAMN SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darius McCrary
05-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Just like MEM 11 and OKC 12

bklynspursfan
05-10-2013, 08:55 AM
If our 3's fall and we don't miss so many dam FT's in Game 2, we're probably up 2-0. Just need to knock down open shots & FT's like we have been pretty much all year.

elec99
05-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Yeah, we need an early lead even if its a small one. They're a young team and havent had to play catchup against us. They can be rattled if you can do the fundamentals:

make your fts,
defend 1-3 of their 3 pt shots
make about 1-3 more of your 3pt shots

thats the game really. thompson will have a good game but i doubt it'll be another career game. curry will be curry, thats expected. Now if a 3rd warrior gets hot and has a career night then they win.