PDA

View Full Version : :cry Relive the memories :cry

Floyd Pacquiao
05-09-2013, 09:18 PM
suns vs spurs 05 wcf....look at that line up...pop played 2 bigs while dantoni played amare at C and Marion at pf...pop dictated the terms; didn't get punked into playing a small line up...wtf pop:cry

game 5 enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2zpV36avrE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfVrRwjauLU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

DarrinS
05-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Are Bruce and Horry available?

therealtruth
05-09-2013, 10:34 PM
suns vs spurs 05 wcf....look at that line up...pop played 2 bigs while dantoni played amare at C and Marion at pf...pop dictated the terms; didn't get punked into playing a small line up...wtf pop:cry

game 5 enjoy

They also played alot less help defense and stayed at home on shooters.

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Bowen would be salivating at the thought of Curry's glass ankles:lol..

siraulo23
05-09-2013, 11:12 PM
hmm, when all spurs players were at least average defenders...

phxspurfan
05-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Bowen would be salivating at the thought of Curry's glass ankles:lol..

That's when I said when Curry took that one footed three lol. Bowen would've slid right under there

Sean Cagney
05-09-2013, 11:55 PM
They also played alot less help defense and stayed at home on shooters.

DING DING!!!!!! THIS!

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I love that 05 team.

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 12:38 AM
3 things stand out about this game
1. everyone staying at home, nobody trying to check down in between defender and the guy in the bock
2. Size, we played a center and PF with length who could rebound and actually scrambled for balls.
3. Weren't in love with the 3 point shot, ball movement and penetration and scoring around the rim.

superjames1992
05-10-2013, 02:04 AM
3 things stand out about this game
1. everyone staying at home, nobody trying to check down in between defender and the guy in the bock
2. Size, we played a center and PF with length who could rebound and actually scrambled for balls.
3. Weren't in love with the 3 point shot, ball movement and penetration and scoring around the rim.
Amare Stoudamire was vastly overrated by the announcers, too. At one point, they said that he was going to "redefine how basketball is played." :lol

superjames1992
05-10-2013, 02:12 AM
It was great to see Beno on the Spurs, tbh. The dude was straight stroking threes in that game. We haven't won jack since he left.

Mal
05-10-2013, 02:36 AM
That was awesome team. Defense, defense then a little of schematic offense. Loved that

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Amare Stoudamire was vastly overrated by the announcers, too. At one point, they said that he was going to "redefine how basketball is played." :lol

LOL at the time they thought so, oh boy how that turned out lmfao! He is now a guy who hurts his team and they are worse with him in there, never won a thing in his life and probably wont! I agree there very overrated but at the time they thought he would grow alot, he did not.

Mal
05-10-2013, 02:40 AM
I saw like 20 minutes of this video, and I can see that Suns crowded the paint in similar way Warriors do.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 02:43 AM
It was great to see Beno on the Spurs, tbh. The dude was straight stroking threes in that game. We haven't won jack since he left.
Get real he choked and his career was over here in the Pistons series!! He went out like a little girl then, that series broke his ass! We won in 07 as well! He wasn't shit then either!!!!!!! Beno sucked, he never had it in a physical series! LOL at that bum the reason we won! Get real! Barry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beno in our last two title runs, easily. He was not a key to our titles! STOP IT! I know you are a homer but stop it.
I saw like 20 minutes of this video, and I can see that Suns crowded the paint in similar way Warriors do.

Yes they did, the thing is we had talent then to overcome that and win :( Nowadays forget it! We don't have a prime Tim or Manu etc.

davidbowie
05-10-2013, 09:05 AM
kerr gets all the credit this game but damn jax killed it that night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

boutons_deux
05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Winning is easy ... when you hit your shots

Maddog
05-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Winning is easy ... when you hit your shots

Winning is easy ... when you have a under 30 Duncan and Ginobili

Dre_7
05-10-2013, 10:23 AM

game 5 enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2zpV36avrE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfVrRwjauLU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:rollin:rollin I forgot how much everyone hyped up that ONE block by Amare in game 4.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
God damn Manu Ginobili used to be such a baller in his 20s

EricB
05-10-2013, 11:24 AM
That maverick's run is still my favorite of all time. That game 6 was epic

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 08:29 PM

All those surgeries killed whatever made him special, now he's just a big guy with some game.

All these old vids of the Spurs success shows one thing constantly, ball movement and off ball movement, people are rotating around, passing.. No stagnant stand around iso at the top of the key and hope we can score.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2013, 08:38 PM

Michael Finley ruined this team. I used to think he and Keith Bogans were the only ones that did that, but Leonard does it, Bonner does it. Have the Spurs actually defended a corner three yet this series?

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 08:39 PM
It bothers me a lot. I'd rather give up a defended 2 then a wide open 3. Running out to the 3 point shooter is utter garbage and gets you in trouble.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2013, 08:39 PM
All those surgeries killed whatever made him special, now he's just a big guy with some game.

We all talked about how he relied too heavily on his athleticism, but he was fun as hell to watch, and he was full of potential. He just never bothered to develop his game at all other than that one year he decided to work on three pointers. Same thing that's ruining Serge O'baka.

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 08:42 PM
We all talked about how he relied too heavily on his athleticism, but he was fun as hell to watch, and he was full of potential. He just never bothered to develop his game at all other than that one year he decided to work on three pointers. Same thing that's ruining Serge O'baka.

What do you expect when you have Mike D'Antoni running the show for most of your career. He did develop a nice jumper that has disappeared.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2013, 08:45 PM
What do you expect when you have Mike D'Antoni running the show for most of your career. He did develop a nice jumper that has disappeared.

And I absolutely blame D'Antoni for wearing him out as well as failing to develop him. He was also young and talented and stupid, so that didn't help. Amare, after all, is the guy who turns his jerseys around so his name is on the front and the team's name is on the back.

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 08:49 PM
And I absolutely blame D'Antoni for wearing him out as well as failing to develop him. He was also young and talented and stupid, so that didn't help. Amare, after all, is the guy who turns his jerseys around so his name is on the front and the team's name is on the back.

That has a lot to do with the culture of the team, if you don't have strong leadership than the inmates run the asylum. If he had been with an organization like the Spurs they'd have maxed his potential, watched his minutes, taught him fundamentals. His personality probably wouldn't have fit but he'd be a better player for it.

vander
05-10-2013, 09:16 PM
05 SA sweeps 13 SA