PDA

View Full Version : Pop is the problem

jermaine
05-10-2013, 10:15 AM
For the love of me I can't understand why is it when Green, Ginobili is struggling, he comes out with Neal who hasn't been on. When you have Tracy with Length sitting on the bench. I know yal gone say he doesn't know the system. But in the first half, it seems as if dont to many Spurs players seems to be in place. If we lose the series, I pray Pop gets fired for not using all available weapons. When its clear, what he's putting out there isn't working.

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Normally I would agree on this but you can't blame Pop if his players cant defend for shit or can't knock wide open shots to save their lives.

peacemaker885
05-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Normally I would agree on this but you can't blame Pop if his players cant defend for shit or can't knock wide open shots to save their lives.

^

ShinerBlack
05-10-2013, 10:36 AM
coaching only gets you so far. Coaches don't play the games. But where pop and rc should both be held accountable is the aquiring of players.trying to be the phoenix suns is nice and all but playing that way didn't win them any championships, don't know why pop and rc think they could, building the team the same way...

benstanfield
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I would usually laugh at the Tmac suggestions, but honestly him not knowing the system isn't an excuse not to play him, because WE AREN'T RUNNING OUR SHIT. We're catering to their style of play and trying to beat them at what THEY do, so it doesn't matter who "knows the system" cause Pop seems to have thrown that shit out the window after Curry hit a couple jumpers.

Paulie
05-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I would usually laugh at the Tmac suggestions, but honestly him not knowing the system isn't an excuse not to play him, because WE AREN'T RUNNING OUR SHIT. We're catering to their style of play and trying to beat them at what THEY do, so it doesn't matter who "knows the system" cause Pop seems to have thrown that shit out the window after Curry hit a couple jumpers.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't say Pop is the problem overall.

However, I do think he is tactician who excels when seeing things from a distance with his philosophical approach and preaching patience. This works great for the regular season.

However, he often panics in the post season and is unable to either stick with his plan or adjust on the fly, which is why when the team hits adversity it usually folds. And I'm afraid we are getting into that realm once again if we don't come out strong tonight.

I realize Tiago's injury dictated Pop had to adjust. But Tiago was healthy yesterday, but instead he goes to Bonner, which not to agree with the simple-minded Pop haters, but this was a bad sign that Pop has gone back to distrusting Tiago to some degree, or suggests that Pop doesn't have the confidence to stick to his own gameplan and season long approach, such as moving away from Bonner.

I think starting Tiago is crucial. The team needs movement more than it just needs to go big. Tim has been under the weather, but the 4 down approach has been awful and made everyone stand around and gives unneeded rest to the Warriors. We need to speed the game up while staying big. My two cents.

tesseractive
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Hey, I hear Vinny Del Negro might be available soon.

weebo
05-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Tony, Tim, and Manu are the reason the Spurs are in the hole they're in...Tony looks helpless...Tim looks tired...and Manu looks old...everyone else is just a role player that feeds off of whatever these three guys are doing...no need to blame Pop on this one....

jermaine
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree with you because your point helps mine. Pop keeps going to the same people an they cant throw a stick in a ocean. Why not try Tmac. Try something different for a change. Neal didn't come to play. Thats clear so scratch him out the lineup an see what a vet that you signed for the playoffs can do.

moisaenz
05-10-2013, 12:08 PM
TMac would be a good option to defend barnes that way you dont need to double team him,

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I agree with you because your point helps mine. Pop keeps going to the same people an they cant throw a stick in a ocean. Why not try Tmac. Try something different for a change. Neal didn't come to play. Thats clear so scratch him out the lineup an see what a vet that you signed for the playoffs can do.

It doesn't. TMac playing won't change jackshit.

boutons_deux
05-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Watch Pop play TMac only in the game where Spurs are eliminated, TMac goes for 30 in 24 minutes.

Horse
05-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Can't blame Pop for poor shooting, however he is to blame for starting Bonner and adjusting to their game instead of making them adjust to us. We need to go big and pound them, this is the playoff damnit!

SA210
05-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Watch Pop play TMac only in the game where Spurs are eliminated, TMac goes for 30 in 24 minutes.

That kinda seems to be a similar story for the past few years. Stubborn ass Pop just won't change. smh

AaronY
05-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Lol..T-Mac: Playoff Saviour..

AaronY
05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Same T-Mac couldn't get his ass out of the first round in his prime gonna be a big playoff stud now at 35..

elbamba
05-10-2013, 01:13 PM
If Bonner starts then I will agree.
If Bonner gets more than 10 minutes without hitting at least 2 three pointers, I will agree.
If Neal plays defense on Thompson or Curry for more than a rotational switch, I will agree.
If Diaw plays only 8 minutes and in injury is not clearly stated as the reason he is not playing, I will agree.

Pop made some calls in game 2 that I am pretty sure no one outside of his coaching circle and GS Warrior fans supported in game 2.

jermaine
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM
It doesn't. TMac playing won't change jackshit.
Never underestimate a vet. Look at Fisher for the Thunder. Tmac is a smart player.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Matt Bonner starting.

Tiago Splitter and Tim Duncan playing zero minutes together.

"Return to defense" = 4 guard lineups in the playoffs jacking up threes.

:lmao Pop isn't the problem.

Blake
05-10-2013, 02:20 PM

he's playing at a Chinese MVP level!

Fire Pop!

Blake
05-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Matt Bonner starting.

Splitter and Boris are hobbled.

Thanks a lot for their injuries, Pop.

jermaine
05-10-2013, 02:22 PM
No one has dubbed him savior but your stupid ass. The fact that we signed a vet should mean something. We can't keep putting the same product out if it's not working out. That's Pop's job. Put us in the best position possible to win. He's acting like the silly old man he is an stuck in his old ways. Any time any Spur shot a jumper, I held my breath. Tmac wouldn't have missed those chippies.

Mark in Austin
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Pop isn't the problem. David Lee is the problem. His injury has freed up Curry to be the perfect antidote to the Spurs defensive schemes. This is a worse matchup than 2006 Dallas or 2012 OKC. Read and learn:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/61766/the-new-stephen-curry-how-the-warriors-super-shooter-has-transformed-his-game-in-the-playoffs

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 02:43 PM
coaching only gets you so far. Coaches don't play the games. But where pop and rc should both be held accountable is the aquiring of players.trying to be the phoenix suns is nice and all but playing that way didn't win them any championships, don't know why pop and rc think they could, building the team the same way...

I agree on this here, this is not the formula to win in the playoffs and never was. You can't do the same thing yearly and expect different results.

unforeseen
05-10-2013, 03:00 PM
This forum is going in meltdown mode. The series is tied 1-1. Believe.

jermaine
05-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Believe in the same mofo who keeps doing the same thing over an over an losing. Spurs fans are starting to sound like old Dallas Cowboys fans. Still living off those old championship. Its time for dome up to date ones. You can't do new shit with the same old plans that has caused you to fail foe the past 5yrs.

RD2191
05-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Jermaine shitting on ST. Dropping truth bombs left and right.

Gagnrath
05-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I think it is a combination problem, pop isn't really playing spurs basketball as well as curry being on a tear.

Gagnrath
05-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Believe in the same mofo who keeps doing the same thing over an over an losing. Spurs fans are starting to sound like old Dallas Cowboys fans. Still living off those old championship. Its time for dome up to date ones. You can't do new shit with the same old plans that has caused you to fail foe the past 5yrs.

I see the problem more as a personal issue, there is a difference between players that go high in the first round versus low, maybe not so much in skill set, but there is athletic ability that is missed out on and the spurs have been picking low for a decade and a half now.

silverblk mystix
05-10-2013, 04:11 PM

lol always the Popsucker

These are the fuckin' playoffs! If you can breathe - you can fuckin' play. Splitter and Diaw - even if they were "hobbled" are still 100 times better than the pos RED PUSSY.

Once a Popsucker - always a Popsucker.

Xevious
05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
This is the most frustrating thing. GS has more speed and better shooters. We can't play their game and match up with them. Spurs have to play to their strengths and do what got them here. And that falls on Pop. There's several players in this series playing hurt. Splitter needs to grow a pair and play big minutes.

Brunodf
05-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Matt Bonner starting.

This

keywester
05-10-2013, 04:44 PM
I'll preface my comment by saying that I'm sure Pop and his coaches know a heck of a lot more than I do about the abilities of the currents Spurs players. My only worry is that Pop may be too fixed in his ways when all of the chips are on the table? Case in point, no matter how bad Neal plays PG, Pop will not bench him in favor of Cojo or Mills. If you look at Mill's history against GS and his head to head play against Curry in college, you will see that his offence and speed pay dividends. Also, statistically Mills plays better with Mano than most other Spurs. Despite this, Pop will not give Mills any time to see if he can change the flow of the game. I'm not saying Mill can play against other teams such as the Heat but, against GS...Yes. After all, he played college ball in the Bay Area and he considers himself at home.

silverblk mystix
05-10-2013, 04:47 PM
I'll preface my comment by saying that I'm sure Pop and his coaches know a heck of a lot more than I do about the abilities of the currents Spurs players. My only worry is that Pop may be too fixed in his ways when all of the chips are on the table? Case in point, no matter how bad Neal plays PG, Pop will not bench him in favor of Cojo or Mills. If you look at Mill's history against GS and his head to head play against Curry in college, you will see that his offence and speed pay dividends. Also, statistically Mills plays better with Mano than most other Spurs. Despite this, Pop will not give Mills any time to see if he can change the flow of the game. I'm not saying Mill can play against other teams such as the Heat but, against GS...Yes. After all, he played college ball in the Bay Area and he considers himself at home.

In other words...Mills isn't gonna see the floor until the Spurs are eliminated and it is garbage time.

jermaine
05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
We all will see how stubborn Pop is tonight! When Neal fails to show up, Leonard is consistently missing, an Pop stays with em. Just say Papichulo(my nic name), you were right. Pop is dumb an stuck onhimself.m

Blake
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
lol always the Popsucker

These are the fuckin' playoffs! If you can breathe - you can fuckin' play. Splitter and Diaw - even if they were "hobbled" are still 100 times better than the pos RED PUSSY.

Once a Popsucker - always a Popsucker.

Once a butthurt labeler, always a butthurt labeler

GrandeDavid
05-10-2013, 05:31 PM

That's exactly why he meant Neal shouldn't be playing much.

Chinook
05-10-2013, 05:45 PM
We're talking about Tracy "I can't win in the post-season" McGrady as the savior for this series? Seriously? This is the state of this board right now?

jermaine
05-10-2013, 06:22 PM
We're talking about Tracy "I can't win in the post-season" McGrady as the savior for this series? Seriously? This is the state of this board right now?
Once again another dipshit! No one is saying he's saving our series. Just saying try something different Pop. Neal didn't or don't wanna play. Quit skimming thru post an take the time to read.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Boris hopping on one leg >> Bonner

Splitter with a freshly amputated limb >>>>>>>> Bonner

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Never underestimate a vet. Look at Fisher for the Thunder. Tmac is a smart player.

I'm not. TMac can't stop those bullshit shots that go in. OKC is not facing a red hot team either, their facing a hard-nosed basketball teams, a slow pace which a corpse like Fisher can work well.

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 09:01 PM
That's exactly why he meant Neal shouldn't be playing much.

Neal is a professional basketball player. It's his fault not staying home on shooters. Also, if you change TMac with Neal what will it change? I hope somethings will change if this truly happens but I doubt it.

therealtruth
05-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Knowing the system doesn't help you much when you can't play defense or knockdown shots. We're really seeing two coaching philosophies going at each other. Mark Jackson believes in sticking with the hot hand and attacking matchups. Pop doesn't. It was pretty much the same thing with OKC last year and the Grizzlies the year before.

HemisfairArena
05-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Pop has been exposed for 6+ years now. We all see it in San Antonio...but the San Antonio media does everything it can to keep it under wraps. You gotta remember before David Robinson arrived..the Spurs were on their way out of town...going to Kansas City. Robinson saved the franchise...Duncan saved it again...and the media doesnt want to say anything bad about anyone...including Pop. It would mean the Spurs might leave and they are out of a job.

therealtruth
05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm not. TMac can't stop those bullshit shots that go in. OKC is not facing a red hot team either, their facing a hard-nosed basketball teams, a slow pace which a corpse like Fisher can work well.

I agree. But when ridiculous shots are going in you have to look at your defense and see if you're not doing enough to disrupt the other team's offense. It's much easier to hit shots when you have a good rhythm. The best defense that has worked for us is everyone staying home and playing Splitter/TD to clog/protect the paint. One of the things George Karl said about losing to the Warriors was that Bogut's biggest impact was defensively. He forced the Nuggets out of the paint. We have two skilled seven footers to clog the paint and allow our defenders to stay with their man and be disruptive.

The summary of my point is when teams are hitting shots at a good rate our defense isn't being disruptive enough.

therealtruth
05-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Pop has been exposed for 6+ years now. We all see it in San Antonio...but the San Antonio media does everything it can to keep it under wraps. You gotta remember before David Robinson arrived..the Spurs were on their way out of town...going to Kansas City. Robinson saved the franchise...Duncan saved it again...and the media doesnt want to say anything bad about anyone...including Pop. It would mean the Spurs might leave and they are out of a job.

The media does give him a ridiculous pass. There's no way he should be getting a pass when he's getting outcoached the last couple of years. He knows he's getting outcoached and has come up with excuses. Last year he finally admitted it was ridiculous for a COTY to get backdoor swept.

HemisfairArena
05-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Agree. Thats kinda my point. We won in '07 and guess who Pop beat...Mike freaking Brown. One of his ex-assistants. Pop really owes Duncan in his prime for his rep as a great coach. I'm not Pop cant coach because he clearly can but his rep is way overrated.

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree. But when ridiculous shots are going in you have to look at your defense and see if you're not doing enough to disrupt the other team's offense. It's much easier to hit shots when you have a good rhythm. The best defense that has worked for us is everyone staying home and playing Splitter/TD to clog/protect the paint. One of the things George Karl said about losing to the Warriors was that Bogut's biggest impact was defensively. He forced the Nuggets out of the paint. We have two skilled seven footers to clog the paint and allow our defenders to stay with their man and be disruptive.

The summary of my point is when teams are hitting shots at a good rate our defense isn't being disruptive enough.

I know, I get that. But, remember they came back. They came back and got into within 8, 5 if that Manu charge was counted instead. The Spurs was in the game. And when they needed to get over the hump they didn't because they didn't hit their shots.

100%duncan
05-10-2013, 09:29 PM

I know, I get that. But, remember they came back. They came back and got into within 8, 5 if that Manu charge was counted instead. The Spurs was in the game. And when they needed to get over the hump they didn't because they didn't hit their shots.

Chinook
05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Once again another dipshit! No one is saying he's saving our series. Just saying try something different Pop. Neal didn't or don't wanna play. Quit skimming thru post an take the time to read.

I read your posts, man. The argument sucks. You're calling Pop out because he wouldn't put in an old wing who is beyond rusty and who wasn't even a good defender in his prime over the players in there now. The problem isn't the players; it's the effort. More importantly, it's the effort of the bigs. Changing players too early is why the Nuggets lost their series (and possibly why the Spurs lost to the Thunder). You dance with who brought you.

Kidd K
05-11-2013, 12:14 AM
OP, Pop is not the problem now and almost never is in general. Green was kept in because he can defend. Ginobili because his ceiling is higher than McGrady's. That's it.

therealtruth
05-11-2013, 12:25 AM
OP, Pop is not the problem now and almost never is in general. Green was kept in because he can defend. Ginobili because his ceiling is higher than McGrady's. That's it.

Ginobili's ceiling is higher than McGrady's? What's McGrady's ceiling?

Kidd K
05-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Ginobili's ceiling is higher than McGrady's? What's McGrady's ceiling?

At this point? Maybe around Ginobili's waist. McGrady is done.

jag
05-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Pop coached a hell of a game

ezau
05-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Pop coached a hell of a game

Agreed. He also made all the right adjustments.. We slowed the game down and that killed GSW's rhythm.

AaronY
05-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Unfortunately, he didn't adjust the number of minutes T-Mac played..so we're obviously going nowhere..

DesignatedT
05-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Lol. Here comes the "Well Pop started doing exactly what I said he should do" comments.

Just gtfo OP and stop starting threads in the future.

IronheadSpur
05-11-2013, 05:30 AM

You can't spell the word "and" but you're calling someone else a dipshit?

exstatic
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
jermaine, with the bads, per usual.

jermaine
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM
You can't spell the word "and" but you're calling someone else a dipshit?
Shut up u muddafucca! Spell that

jag
05-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Lol. Here comes the "Well Pop started doing exactly what I said he should do" comments.

Duncan-Splitter maybe could work... It could serve as a deterrent to players wanting to drive the lane. It could allow for perimeter defenders to focus more on defending the 3-point line and not worry about getting beat off the dribble and allowing penetration. Threes have been the killer in both games. Funneling their guards towards 7-footers in the lane for contested shots, seems like a better option than allowing Curry and Thompson to operate with space behind the 3-point line.

Pop went above and beyond with his adjustments. For me it was just nice to see two 7-footers in the lane on defense.

jermaine
05-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Pop did an impressive job last night. I can't complain. When someone didn't step up, Pop took em out. If they missed an assignment, he pulled em. I like what he came with.

jermaine
05-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Pop still going with Neal an Bonner. Both keeps getting beat an no offense. But no McGrady. I can't understand

jermaine
05-12-2013, 04:42 PM
No game having Neal, still getting burn. Just sad. Same play down with Tiago 3 times an 3 times they score. An Pop rewards them by taking Tiago out.

exstatic
05-12-2013, 05:25 PM
jermaine, with the further bads. Pop didn't miss double digit FTs.

MR-Clutch
05-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Don't understand why pop doesn't trust tim and tiago together after the initial starting lineup.

jermaine
05-12-2013, 05:28 PM
He's an ass! But he trust Neal

jermaine
05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
jermaine, with the further bads. Pop didn't miss double digit FTs.
No he didn't. But if he sees players struggling like some has, he needs to lull them. Not pull the ones playing well.

Bruno
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I had to agree with this thread.

As bad as Spurs played in that game, this loss is on Pop. For few years, I've found his choices highly questionable. I could name events like overplaying Bonner, putting Hill in the doghouse, Bogans...

Right now, Splitter is playing too little and Neal way too much. Neal shouldn't play and his minutes should go to Joseph or De Colo.

boutons_deux
05-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Remember when the playoff rotations were overwhelmingly 7 players, 3 bigs and 4 guards?

Pop is playing 10 or more, and getting nothing from the last 2.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm having a hard time not wishing for Splitter to go somewhere else and flourish, because I know it's bad for the team, but I'm really pissed about that right now.

jermaine
05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Like I said, they ran a play 3 times down court with Tiago. They got points each time down! For no reason, Pop pulls Tiago an puts Tim back in. Neal an Leonard is playing like they are afraid of the moment, but Pop sticks with them. In a time where you need points, he went inside to Tim 3 times in the paint, with no positive outcome. Once they tied the game, then he called Tonys number for they jumper. Tim seemed tired an not stepping up on Jack as he kept hitting pull up jumpers after the pick. Pop still never made a change. Pop Tim for a couple of positions to get a breather at least.

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Matt Bonner starting.

This

This[2]

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Pop was the problem today. He's just too stubborn and panics too much. Pop tries to control the game too much and doesn't let his players control it too much. Stupid rotations to try to counter whatever Marc Jackson does is retarded. He needs to just trust Splitter right now, it's his only option.

silverblk mystix
05-12-2013, 07:31 PM
:pop: "Tiago, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you think I want a 10 point lead in the 4th qtr of a playoff game on the road?
Sit your ass down and watch how it is done!

:lmao

Brunodf
05-12-2013, 08:13 PM
:pop: "Tiago, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you think I want a 10 point lead in the 4th qtr of a playoff game on the road?

:rollin8/10

therealtruth
05-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Pop has no philosophy. Making shots is not a philosophy. Defense first is a philosophy.

apalisoc_9
05-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Pop is not the problem, but his coaching is a head scratcher. I though going with Neal was the perfect bait to have Barnes take as many shots as he did today, but Bonner over Splitter is a bad decision from him IMO.

Tiago started of the 4th quarter really good only to be benched. terrible decision IMO.

jermaine, what's your PSN buddy? Add me up, let's play next weekend.

apalisoc_9
05-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Pop is not the problem, but his coaching is a head scratcher. I though going with Neal was the perfect bait to have Barnes take as many shots as he did today, but Bonner over Splitter is a bad decision from him IMO.

Tiago started of the 4th quarter really good only to be benched. terrible decision IMO.

SA210
05-13-2013, 01:17 AM

:lol This, tbh

jermaine
05-13-2013, 05:15 AM

Im sorry but idk what PSN means.

Slippy
05-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Pop was the problem today. He's just too stubborn and panics too much. Pop tries to control the game too much and doesn't let his players control it too much. Stupid rotations to try to counter whatever Marc Jackson does is retarded. He needs to just trust Splitter right now, it's his only option.

Yah when Pop pulled Tiago my first thought was he panicking. Then i saw Neal come in, Tim player 15mins straight. Tim looked tired in the last 5mins and OT. Almost all his shots were short at the rim.

Pop deserves a lot credit for setting up this loss. Spurs were rolling when he made an adjustment in response to a GS sub that never eventuated. Played into GS favour. Even Pop's morst ardent fans have to agree with this.

TJastal
05-13-2013, 06:44 AM

:lmao :rollin :lol

:pop: I don't care if you score 100 points! You must always rotate and help Gary and make sure he looks good. Bonny too! If Timmy can do it all these years so can you. Now sit your ass down!

jermaine
05-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Pop does the same thing all the time. Tim an Tiago help build a lead then Pip goes to Diaw for awhile. Then he tries to play small with Leonard at pf. The whole time I be saying why ho away fron Tim an Tiago. In a game we're getting out rebounded he rather go with Bonner than Blair. Staying with Leonard for defense I can understand. But short Neal who's not hitting shit, I can't understand.

elbamba
05-13-2013, 07:43 AM

As bad as Spurs played in that game, this loss is on Pop. For few years, I've found his choices highly questionable. I could name events like overplaying Bonner, putting Hill in the doghouse, Bogans...

Right now, Splitter is playing too little and Neal way too much. Neal shouldn't play and his minutes should go to Joseph or De Colo.

I have to agree. The Spurs win that game last night if Pop takes Neal out in the 4th when Jack was hitting pull up jumper one after another on Neal's pathetic defense. Neal scored one layup and gave up 8 points. It made no sense to have him out there. I can't think that a single Spurs fan or basketball person thought it was the right move to make. Why Pop sticks with someone who is a proven liability on defense in a game where the Spurs seemed to only care about defense is beyond me.

jermaine
05-13-2013, 08:14 AM
I would love to see Jack shoot pull up jumpers over McGrady! If you went with Manu, Green, McGrady, Leonard, an Tiago. We wouldn't have those rotation problems. An that lineup would give Tony an Tim rest.

silverblk mystix
05-13-2013, 08:15 AM
:lmao :rollin :lol

:pop: I don't care if you score 100 points! You must always rotate and help Gary and make sure he looks good. Bonny too! If Timmy can do it all these years so can you. Now sit your ass down!

:lol

:pop: "Don't let that talk of a big contract go to your head, son - look at Matty - his pay will always be above yours as long as I am here!"

biskvito
05-13-2013, 09:02 AM
KGB Pop wants to keep Splitter low on confidence so he won't get paid much. The only explanation for him playing 19min and getting yanked exactly when he was getting his rhythm.

Blake
05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
If the Spurs make free throws and point blank shots, this thread is quiet today.

head coach is the most overrated, over criticized position in the NBA, especially in this forum.

lol at the Pop haters doing what they do.

silverblk mystix
05-13-2013, 11:04 AM
If the Spurs make free throws and point blank shots, this thread is quiet today.

head coach is the most overrated, over criticized position in the NBA, especially in this forum.

How shocking that a Popsucker would run in here in defense of Pop. Even when it is obvious that Pop fucked the team - a Popsucker will refuse to see.

lol indeed

jermaine
05-13-2013, 11:38 AM

When Andrew Bouget missed those 2 fts an Parker was running to foul him to lut Bouget on the line. What did Mark Jackson do!?! Called a timeout an took his ass out. We call that a smart decision. Pop keep sticking with the same mofos missing shot, fts, an getting beat on defense. That means he's not making smart decisions.

SpurSpurSpurs
05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't care who he calls from the bench to play. What I care about is that he fucking PULLS OUT someone who begins to get hot. If someone hits a pair or more shots, he then suddenly throws that guy back to the bench.

silverblk mystix
05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't care who he calls from the bench to play. What I care about is that he fucking PULLS OUT someone who begins to get hot. If someone hits a pair or more shots, he then suddenly throws that guy back to the bench.

:pop: "My system is more important than a player who is hot. My system and doing things the right way is more important than winning. My system is more important than winning championships!"

jermaine
05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Which makes him the problem!

Blake
05-13-2013, 05:40 PM
When Andrew Bouget missed those 2 fts an Parker was running to foul him to lut Bouget on the line. What did Mark Jackson do!?! Called a timeout an took his ass out. We call that a smart decision. Pop keep sticking with the same mofos missing shot, fts, an getting beat on defense. That means he's not making smart decisions.

Duncan Leonard and Parker were the ones missing free throws and shots, so by your reasoning, they should be taken out.

Great strategy, coach.

Blake
05-13-2013, 05:41 PM
:pop: "My system is more important than a player who is hot. My system and doing things the right way is more important than winning. My system is more important than winning championships!"

hearsay

jermaine
05-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Blake is Pop your daddy? I mean, your sucking the shit out his dick! Boget was big for his team, but his coach knew when to pull his ass for the better of the team. Tim should've been on the dam bench in overtime. His legs was gone.

superbigtime
05-13-2013, 06:47 PM
No shit.

Blake
05-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Blake is Pop your daddy? I mean, your sucking the shit out his dick!

I'm just making fun of you. You pretending to be smart when you couldn't be dumber is funny.

Boget was big for his team, but his coach knew when to pull his ass for the better of the team. Tim should've been on the dam bench in overtime. His legs was gone.

You would have benched Duncan in OT?

Roflmao.

cd021
05-13-2013, 08:52 PM
For the love of me I can't understand why is it when Green, Ginobili is struggling, he comes out with Neal who hasn't been on. When you have Tracy with Length sitting on the bench. I know yal gone say he doesn't know the system. But in the first half, it seems as if dont to many Spurs players seems to be in place. If we lose the series, I pray Pop gets fired for not using all available weapons. When its clear, what he's putting out there isn't working.

First playing 4 down basketball requires 5 wings at the minimum. Neal has shown in the past that he can get hot at any given time. Even playing him 15 minutes in the playoffs is worth the risk simply because he could get hot. He really only plays so Manu, Parker, Neal & even Kawhi can get rest. Mcgrady is the 15th man on the team ,genius, How many times does a player not make a roster in training camp and sign with a team in the final week of the season and play valuable minutes in the second round ona healthy team (K-mart on the Knicks is because of Wallace, & Amare being out). Pop isn't to blame his decision making has been solid. He sees something isn't working and moves away from it if possible.

Playing Kawhi on Curry didn't work because Parker would forced to defend Barnes in the post so he went with Green allowing Parker to play Thompson who his more of a spot up shooter. When both teams go four down he guards Jack. The Spurs need to execute better, we choked away a game on the road. Pop really helped us be competitive in GSW.

jermaine
05-13-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm just making fun of you. You pretending to be smart when you couldn't be dumber is funny.

Roflmao.
Where was he when we went into double overtime an won Mr. Smarty pants? Thank you an to the rest of you that wanna be mean. This is just my thoughts. If you don't agree, just say that. No need to try an make fun an poke at the lion sleeping in the jungle

Obstructed_View
05-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Pop isn't to blame his decision making has been solid. He sees something isn't working and moves away from it if possible.

Three baskets in a row is "something isn't working".

Blake
05-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Where was he when we went into double overtime an won Mr. Smarty pants? Thank you an to the rest of you that wanna be mean. This is just my thoughts. If you don't agree, just say that. No need to try an make fun an poke at the lion sleeping in the jungle

He was on the bench where coaches belong, Mr dumbass.

Thank you for being mean to Mr. Pop.

lol poking a lion

BackHome
05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
We are to old to be trying to just go with eight guys for the whole playoffs. I can tell you that unless Pop plays Baynes, Tmac and CoJo we will loose this game and the next on Bank on it! You can tell that our main guys are gassed including Kawhi and Bonner and Neal aren't doing shit but making it worse. I also can't stand how Pop pulls guys when they are doing good..it is like WTF you finally have a guy hit a open shot and you wanna take him out and put in brinking Neal?

cd021
05-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Three baskets in a row is "something isn't working".

Not sure exactly to what your referring to?
The teams offense buckled in the 2nd half

jermaine
05-14-2013, 02:28 PM

He's referring to Tiago had the P&R 3 straight plays an we scored 3 straight times an Pop's next move was to snatch Tiago for the rest on the game instead of letting his keep playing while a gased Duncan rest at least till the 5min mark.

jermaine
05-14-2013, 02:32 PM
He was on the bench where coaches belong, Mr dumbass.

Thank you for being mean to Mr. Pop.

lol poking a lion
No you dumb fuck! You ask should we bench Timmy for Tiago. I asked where was Timmy when we went into double ot an won. He was on the bench an Diaw was in the game. Your extra stupid cuz you wanna be an asshole but your to stupid to even be that. Get a life loser. I wont directany more comments your way stupid.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
You know all 4 Spurs title teams were hardly world beaters that cruised to a chip. 99 was maybe the closest thing to it. 03, 05, 07 all were battles in the playoffs. Pop must have done something right.

Blake
05-14-2013, 03:58 PM
No you dumb fuck! You ask should we bench Timmy for Tiago. I asked where was Timmy when we went into double ot an won. He was on the bench an Diaw was in the game. Your extra stupid cuz you wanna be an asshole but your to stupid to even be that. Get a life loser. I wont directany more comments your way stupid.

Lol you want Duncan on the bench.

There's no way around you being basketball dumb on that.

jermaine
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
You know all 4 Spurs title teams were hardly world beaters that cruised to a chip. 99 was maybe the closest thing to it. 03, 05, 07 all were battles in the playoffs. Pop must have done something right.

Yes he did...... almost 10yrs ago.

jermaine
05-14-2013, 04:49 PM
An Blake please stop quoting me. I dont like you. You remind me of my kids mother. No matter what I say or do, you got a rebuttal.

Blake
05-14-2013, 05:09 PM
An Blake please stop quoting me. I dont like you. You remind me of my kids mother. No matter what I say or do, you got a rebuttal.

unlike your baby momma, I'm not demanding child support.

nobody is forcing you to post your stupid basketball takes, so no need to cry about me making fun of those lol takes

dbreiden83080
05-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes he did...... almost 10yrs ago.

So every year the Spurs have lost in the playoffs is on Pop huh?

Interesting..

TD 21
05-14-2013, 06:10 PM

The Lakers series notwithstanding (and really, who read anything into that series?), this team has struggled mightily offensively for 2 and 1/2 months and you think playing two non scorers more is the answer?

Not having Neal at full strength is a major blow to this team, particularly with Ginobili no longer being a reliable scorer. I'd go so far as to say that if they had a fully healthy Neal, this series would be over in 5.

jermaine
05-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Four pgs from four days ago on a subject I started. Including multi comments from you as well Mrs. Blake. It must not to to much of a stupid thought. Seems to me more agree with things than not. They call you an others like yourself "Popsuckers" I believe.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Splitter layup, and 2 baskets by Kawhi, assisted by Splitter to start the 4th quarter, and Splitter was benched. The Spurs then went on a jumpshot binge and shit away the lead and got blown out in overtime.

jermaine
05-17-2013, 12:04 AM

Roflmao.
Are you roflyao now that Duncan is benched

ducks
05-17-2013, 01:32 AM
ownawage

therealtruth
05-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Give Pop credit. He didn't make the same mistake again.

SA210
05-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Lol you want Duncan on the bench.

There's no way around you being basketball dumb on that.

:lmao:rollin:rollin

jermaine
05-17-2013, 08:31 AM
They're eating crow for breakfast now.

moisaenz
05-17-2013, 10:38 AM
His best move was when Neal guarded jack and Jack made a shot, he didn't blink and took Neal out.

Blake
05-17-2013, 11:28 AM
They're eating crow for breakfast now.

So you called it for game 6?

Show where you said Pop needs to sit him in the 4th quarter for game 6, thanks.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2013, 11:31 AM
They're eating crow for breakfast now.This thread was you calling for heavy minutes from McGrady.

Brunodf
05-17-2013, 01:25 PM
His best move was when Neal guarded jack and Jack made a shot, he didn't blink and took Neal out.
This tbh, :cry our boy is growing up

silverblk mystix
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

jermaine
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
This thread was you calling for heavy minutes from McGrady.
Say Chump, you must not have read a couple post over yours where that Crow Eater Blake quoting me saying bench Duncan an he called me an idiot. An I didn't want heavy mins for Tracy. Just some mins cuz Neal was playing like shit.

Spur|n|Austin
05-17-2013, 02:49 PM
:lol:lol:downspin::lol:lol

Fail....

Blake
05-17-2013, 03:20 PM
So you called it for game 6?

Show where you said Pop needs to sit him in the 4th quarter for game 6, thanks.

jermaine
05-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Blake........ Seriously, just stop it. You know what gm im referring to. So just stop. Eat crow an shut up. Pop did what I said he should've in gm 5. You said I was basketball stupid for saying bench Duncan. Nowit was a good call in your eyes just cause your a Popsucker. GTFOI

jermaine
05-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Your the flip flopper

Obstructed_View
05-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Blake........ Seriously, just stop it. You know what gm im referring to. So just stop. Eat crow an shut up. Pop did what I said he should've in gm 5. You said I was basketball stupid for saying bench Duncan. Nowit was a good call in your eyes just cause your a Popsucker. GTFOI

Actually you're stupid because you said not to go away from Duncan and Splitter earlier in the thread, then got mad after the Spurs lost in overtime because Duncan was tired, when the actual problem was pop benching Splitter for the last 15 minutes of the game which made Duncan tired. That's also basketball stupid. Benching Duncan wasn't a good idea, but they won the game because the Spurs managed to hit a couple of three pointers. They missed all those same shots running the same offense in the game you got mad about. The team was the same in both games: Spurs going small and jacking up a lot of outside shots. It's why smart people say you won't win if you try to live on jump shots.

Blake
05-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Yes, you were referring to game 4. Now you want credit for game 6.

Not how credit/crow works

jermaine
05-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, you were referring to game 4. Now you want credit for game 6.

Not how credit/crow works
You was saying benching Duncan for Tiago is a joke. An I don't know basketball for even saying it. Pop did what he should've did then. So eat crow lil fella.

Blake
05-17-2013, 10:18 PM
You was saying benching Duncan for Tiago is a joke. An I don't know basketball for even saying it. Pop did what he should've did then. So eat crow lil fella.

Game 4 isn't game 6.

No crow.

ChumpDumper
05-18-2013, 04:00 AM
Say Chump, you must not have read a couple post over yours where that Crow Eater Blake quoting me saying bench Duncan an he called me an idiot. An I didn't want heavy mins for Tracy. Just some mins cuz Neal was playing like shit.And there were no minutes for Tracy over Neal -- so there is really nothing you can talk about in this thread you made about playing McGrady over Neal.

silverblk mystix
05-18-2013, 04:22 AM
:cry:cry

Raven
05-18-2013, 04:25 AM
:lol what a pathetic thread :lol