PDA

View Full Version : Believe in Tony

glowacki.23
05-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Now almost everyone is hating on Tony and I can see why. I think his "just average" play is not only his fault.

He is our offense starter. I know Timmy is playing great but we still live and die by Tony. I'm just curious why Pop still didn't find out how to protect him. Some things you can't change, when GW want to play through him you can do very little to change it, but you should try.

You can mix your defense from time to time, play zone when someone is posting Tony, help him early, not when opponent is deep inside but when he start to post then you have shorter distance to recover to your man.

Spurs can rotate before GW will post Parker, there are always 2 players from GW near the basket when someone wants to post TP, Spurs should switch Tony with anyone who is guarding that second player before his man get the ball. Then, GW have to move the ball to the other side and again we should switch so Dubs haven't got easy pass to TP's man.

Set solid screens. 70% screens that Tony gets are so week that Thompson or whoever is guarding TP has no problem fighting through them and Tony gets nothing and is just getting tired. We need more Splitter, he is good at that.

Like someone said, you have easier life driving to the hoop and distributing the ball when there is a 7 footer (Tiago) rolling to the basket.

Tim can't play great for 30+ minutes, Ginobili can get hot only for short stretches, our only hope is Parker 'cause he can get hot for longer and with better results for the team. I still believe that Spurs coaching staff will find a way to force warriors to play our style, 2 bigs, pnr to death, driving and kicking.

Tony is this team "the man" and he will play like it

So give Tony just a little love and believe!
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/lifeline-live/2012/06/22/parkerx-large.jpg

peacemaker885
05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
We have no choice but to believe bro. He can make or break us. That simple imo.

spurs10
05-10-2013, 10:51 AM
How we handle our help defense will likely tell the tale.

sehui
05-10-2013, 11:00 AM
I've always had tony as my least favorite out of the big 3.

This isn't new - Tony always seems to crumble after having a great regular season. Why? He's still a PG with not a solid jumpshot. He's losing his step as age goes up - and jumpshot is really not that consistent. He can be very off, and as a driving PG that's losing speed it's pretty easy to guard with playoff defense.

FkLA
05-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I've always had tony as my least favorite out of the big 3.

This isn't new - Tony always seems to crumble after having a great regular season. Why? He's still a PG with not a solid jumpshot. He's losing his step as age goes up - and jumpshot is really not that consistent. He can be very off, and as a driving PG that's losing speed it's pretty easy to guard with playoff defense.

Yep. His inconsistent play will be our demise once again, whether it be this series or in a future one. Fuck him. Shouldve shipped his ass out a while back instead of trying to build the team around his pansy ass.

sehui
05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Yep. His inconsistent play will be our demise once again, whether it be this series or in a future one. Fuck him. Shouldve shipped his ass out a while back instead of trying to build the team around his pansy ass.

Well let's not be unreasonable.

If we shipped tony, our regular season wins would have surely dropped - tony is still worth it for the amount of money we pay him, and with a lower seeding we'd probably get crushed.

benstanfield
05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
The last 4 minutes of game 1 makes me believe that there's nothing stopping TP from taking it to the rack every possession but a mental block. Look at all of the positive stretches we've had against the Warriors: every time it comes down to tightening up the D and Manu or TP consistently going to the fucking hole. The times when the Warriors start to run away with it, our offense is usually pass it to Tim and stand there or pass it around the perimeter until Green/Neal/Manu brick a jumper. TP needs to take charge of this series.

moisaenz
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM
If tony does not step up the first minutes of game 3 we are losing...needs to force warrios to foul him..

it's me
05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Tony needs at least 6 more inches and 2007 speed to simply stay in front of this fuckers baby face and Mychal Thompson's "dumb son" hell even jack is rapping his ass......... this is over, sorry.

Brazil
05-10-2013, 12:49 PM
except 3 / 4 gnsf and FkLA nobody is hating tony tbh fwiw

therealtruth
05-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Well let's not be unreasonable.

If we shipped tony, our regular season wins would have surely dropped - tony is still worth it for the amount of money we pay him, and with a lower seeding we'd probably get crushed.

The Spurs need to get rid of some of the guys who only show up in the regular season. They need more Ginobili's.

spurraider21
05-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Good call OP :tu

Canibspur
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
:tu

05-10-2013, 11:02 PM
The Spurs need to get rid of some of the guys who only show up in the regular season. They need more Ginobili's.
regular season Ginoblis aren't winning 50+ wins