PDA

View Full Version : Bandwagon fans begin to come out and bail...as always

twincam
05-10-2013, 12:38 PM
It's no surprise to see these "Spurs Bandwagon" fans come out of their closet. They are fanatics when they (Spurs) win, yet bail out when they lose and start to criticize and say that they (Spurs) are done. Listen "fans". I seriously doubt that any team will go 16-0 throughout the playoffs at any given time. Teams will win and lose games regardless if they are at home or on the road. If you are a "true" Spurs fan, you will stick to your guns and always continue to support your team, regardless. Sure we all get frustrated and send out negative messages on the board, but you should never just close the curtains on them. They lost a game, big deal. You should all be thankful that they are not down 0-2. If the Spurs are able to make a huge comeback from behind and win game one. Why not have faith that they will make the necessary adjustments and take game 3 in Golden State. I wouldn't call it a "steal". I'd call it a big victory. It all depends on how you see things, but if you are one of those members who simply say, "they suck", "they are toast", "they don't belong in the playoffs", "they are old", etc., then perhaps its time for "you" to move on.

Support your Spurs through thick and thin. That is why they are called the playoffs.

:flag:

RD2191
05-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Cept this team is full of pussies who fold under pressure.

Aztecfan03
05-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I haven't been here much in the past few days because there are chicken littles everywhere right now.

ironman2886
05-10-2013, 05:35 PM
I haven't been here much in the past few days because there are chicken littles everywhere right now.
Me too. Just a bunch of Skip Bayless' on this site.

hater
05-10-2013, 05:37 PM
101 minutes of anal pounding will do that to you

# of quarters the Spurs have started with a lead = 0 (zero) :lol

btw, I still think this series is going at least 6. but it's a toss up of whom the winner will be

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Because a fan sees flaws AND talks about them doesn't mean they are bandwaggon fans! They are still here upset talking about it so obviously they are still fans and care about the team. The definition of bandwaggon is when they are winning you are there, when they are not you don't root and go to a different team, thats a bandwaggon fan (Not someone on a board talking about flaws in a series or the team, which everyone is talking about on sports shows). The Spurs can go out there and win tonight and I expect a good game, if not they have to go out and get the win Sunday! If they lose both or tonight though and fans get concerned and make posts you don't like then don't read! That doesn't mean they are not REAL fans because they see the glass half empty and you see it half full!

I will root for this team forever, but if they lose and look bad tonight it doesn't look good. I will call a spade a spade and some others will as well. Different people and they deal with emotions different, not all can be positive all the time. The truth is they got their ass whipped the majority of the two games at home, they are lucky to be 1-1 as you said! That doesn't look too positive to me going to GS, but who knows maybe they will show up on D tonight and shoot better? Either or I will watch and comment on the game how it went and how I saw it.
101 minutes of anal pounding will do that to you

# of quarters the Spurs have started with a lead = 0 (zero) :lol

btw, I still think this series is going at least 6. but it's a toss up of whom the winner will be
I agree with you.

AaronY
05-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes, the only true fans are us blind homers!..11 game win streak coming!!..Go Spurs Go!!!..

:lobt2::flag:

tesseractive
05-10-2013, 06:14 PM
It's perfectly fair to watch the team struggling in the first 2 games and come here and post "the team is struggling." They are, and it's obvious that this series isn't going to be the milk run that I (and plenty of others) were expecting. But there's plenty of time left for the Spurs to keep fighting and making adjustments.

I will save any panic for if/when they come back for game 5 down 3-1. If the Spurs can get to 2-2, I like our chances.

dbestpro
05-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm not a bandwagon fan, but I always wanted to be one. Imagine what it would be like to only cheer for the team that's ahead. You would never have a bad sports day.

RD2191
05-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm not a bandwagon fan, but I always wanted to be one. Imagine what it would be like to only cheer for the team that's ahead. You would never have a bad sports day.

:lmao

Sean Cagney
05-10-2013, 06:20 PM

LOL.

Budkin
05-10-2013, 06:22 PM

I think that's why bandwagoners exist. They can't take being disappointed in a team.

weeks
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
through thick and thin, indeed

twincam
05-11-2013, 10:26 AM
It's no surprise to see these "Spurs Bandwagon" fans come out of their closet. They are fanatics when they (Spurs) win, yet bail out when they lose and start to criticize and say that they (Spurs) are done. Listen "fans". I seriously doubt that any team will go 16-0 throughout the playoffs at any given time. Teams will win and lose games regardless if they are at home or on the road. If you are a "true" Spurs fan, you will stick to your guns and always continue to support your team, regardless. Sure we all get frustrated and send out negative messages on the board, but you should never just close the curtains on them. They lost a game, big deal. You should all be thankful that they are not down 0-2. If the Spurs are able to make a huge comeback from behind and win game one. Why not have faith that they will make the necessary adjustments and take game 3 in Golden State. I wouldn't call it a "steal". I'd call it a big victory. It all depends on how you see things, but if you are one of those members who simply say, "they suck", "they are toast", "they don't belong in the playoffs", "they are old", etc., then perhaps its time for "you" to move on.

Support your Spurs through thick and thin. That is why they are called the playoffs.

:flag:

I told you! I told you! I told you! Always support through thick and thin. Bandwagon fans need not reply. :nope Move on.:ihit

Cry Havoc
05-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Cept this team is full of pussies who fold under pressure.

Says the dude who's 10 feet out the door the minute the Spurs are behind in a playoff game.

You're the biggest bandwaggoner I've ever seen. Matter of fact why are you still here? You said this series was over after game 2. Why watch a series that you already know the outcome of?

freetiago
05-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Everyone should just have robdiaz on their ignore list
better yet have make a sitewide ignore list on robdiaz if you nomsayin

rascal
05-11-2013, 12:40 PM
The only way the Spurs win a title is injuries to Miami. I expected the Spurs to get past GS in 6 games. Game 4 will go to GS, the Spurs close them out in the next two.

If Miami stays healthy the Spurs don't even make it to the NBA finals, if Miami has injuries to its top players Spurs will win the title. The Spurs will never lose an NBA finals.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
If Miami stays healthy the Spurs don't even make it to the NBA finals

Doesn't make sense. How does the condition of the Miami Heat players affect whether the Spurs advance in the Western Conference playoffs to the NBA Finals or not? The Heat are in the Eastern Conference...........

The only teams that could stand in the way of the Spurs' advancing to the Finals are the Thunder, Warriors or Grizzlies. There's also the health of the Spurs' players, but again, the Miami Heat do not in any way affect whether San Antonio gets into the Finals or not.

DMC
05-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Anyone can cheer for a team and ignore it when they lose. Only a fan of the game can comfortably criticize the team they support and do so with technical talking points. Put on your skirt and get your pom poms and get after it if you want to be a pep squad member. I'll continue being a fan of the game itself, and I'll call ass when the game isn't being played how it should be. I don't give a fuck if the OP likes that or not.

RD2191
05-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey havoc go fuck yourself.

rascal
05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Doesn't make sense. How does the condition of the Miami Heat players affect whether the Spurs advance in the Western Conference playoffs to the NBA Finals or not? The Heat are in the Eastern Conference...........

The only teams that could stand in the way of the Spurs' advancing to the Finals are the Thunder, Warriors or Grizzlies. There's also the health of the Spurs' players, but again, the Miami Heat do not in any way affect whether San Antonio gets into the Finals or not.

This is how it makes sense.

A) Spurs will not beat a healthy Miami team
B) Spurs will never lose an NBA finals

Horse
05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I plead to all that doubted please Get the fuck out and never return. If you're a hater or another teams fan bring it on your shit is welcome. But if you're a debbie downer, negative nancy glass half empty fair weather motherfucker please just kill yourself.

rascal
05-11-2013, 01:21 PM

I hear some say Spur fans are supposed to be classy. lol

rascal
05-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I plead to all that doubted please Get the fuck out and never return. If you're a hater or another teams fan bring it on your shit is welcome. But if you're a debbie downer, negative nancy glass half empty fair weather motherfucker please just kill yourself.

Some say Spur fans are classy. lol

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-11-2013, 01:49 PM
B) Spurs will never lose an NBA finals

The Spurs can sure lose an NBA Finals.

The San Francisco 49ers were an undefeated 5-0 in Super Bowls before they lost to the Ravens in the Super Bowl this year.

spurraider21
05-11-2013, 02:20 PM
:lol robdiazz
:lol lakerfan trolling spurstalk since lakers got swept
:lol we can't win in oracle
:lol worse than hater

RD2191
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
:lol robdiazz
:lol lakerfan trolling spurstalk since lakers got swept
:lol we can't win in oracle
:lol worse than hater
:hat

RD2191
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
tf outta here calling me a lakerfan

Cry Havoc
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM

You sound mad. Are you mad?

Stabula
05-11-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm a Spurs fan through fair weather and bad but you have to understand that not everyone is a basketball fanatic who takes time out of their day to post about basketball on a forum. There are such things as casual fans, many who don't even know that much about basketball but still enjoy watching a good game from time to time. The Spurs are not the Jordan Bulls and since 07 have had a penchant for dramatic and spectacular collapse. So when the Spurs start showing signs of impending collapse it only makes sense to a lot of people to jump off the band wagon because it's no fun rooting for a team that's starting to crash and burn. Be more understanding.

RD2191
05-11-2013, 02:40 PM
im not a badwagon fan. i have watched just about every spurs game since the 07-08 season. i never even followed basketball before that. i had no idea the spurs even had championships. idk much about basketball but i really like watching the spurs even tho they have flamed out in epic fashion since i started watching.

Cry Havoc
05-11-2013, 02:50 PM
im not a badwagon fan. i have watched just about every spurs game since the 07-08 season.

Round 2, Game 2

BLOW THIS SHIT UP. FUKIN PATHETIC

we are outmatched, plain and simple. its over folks.

Tell us again how you aren't a bandwagon fan.

i never even followed basketball before that. i had no idea the spurs even had championships. idk much about basketball but i really like watching the spurs even tho they have flamed out in epic fashion since i started watching.

So you admit to not knowing much about the sport, but you argue ad nauseam with people who have been watching the sport for 20 to 40 years? You are so fucking arrogant with that attitude, and so undeserving of a team like San Antonio. Go bandwagon somewhere else like Miami or the Lakers. They cater much more to your fairweather fandom.

Alternatively, you could SHUT THE FUCK UP, start actually listening/learning/paying attention to some of the more experienced posters on this site who's balls dropped long before you were born, and maybe you'll end up a decent fan someday.

But no. You have to run your mouth 24/7 on this site, constantly bash a team you state you support, and then act indignant while other posters (who know what being a fan of an actual non-contender is like) thrash you for your stupidity and endlessly airheaded takes.

Legacy
05-11-2013, 02:50 PM

I hear you. I understand that everyone has their own way of dealing with things when it comes to sports... but in the end... it's all just entertainment. It's supposed to be fun, and there are so many others in this world who have (and are currently going through) REAL trials and tribulations in their lives.

These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to win or lose. You think that they'll be wanting to kill themselves when their playoff ticket is over with? HELL NAH!! It's just back to the $good$ life for them. :lol

RD2191
05-11-2013, 02:52 PM
lmfao havoc, wannabe timvp. fukin loser, didnt you post your own game grades once? :lmao

Cry Havoc
05-11-2013, 02:57 PM
lmfao havoc, wannabe timvp. fukin loser, didnt you post your own game grades once? :lmao

I bet you're a hit at parties.

TheGoldStandard
05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I've been a fan of the Spurs since 92 and a Knicks fan since 95 when I first saw David Robinson in all those great matchups with Portland and Houston and Knicks battling the Bulls. I have been riding the tidal wave of championships and let downs over those years. I've soured a bit, become a little fickle and will blow up at times and say stupid things that I later regret but I'll never switch teams or wear other jerseys. San Antonio has been fantastic to watch over the last 20 years

biskvito
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Cool story, OP.

unforeseen
05-11-2013, 03:26 PM
God bless the OP.

spurraider21
05-11-2013, 03:35 PM
tf outta here calling me a lakerfan
If it smells like a rat...

DMC
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Don't you have some donuts to be eating you fat frijole?

HemisfairArena
05-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Why do people always say you are a "bandwagoner" if they dont like the way you support your team or lack thereof? Its comical actually. Every team has those fans that go to the automatic bandwagon card if they want to get under your skin and call your loyality to your team into question. If you cheer when they win...they call you a bandwagoner...if you criticize when they lose....you are a bandwonger that was never a true fan. Its a Catch-22.

vander
05-11-2013, 06:26 PM
real fans support losing

chapnis
05-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Real bandwagon fans don't join forums, the ones that get pissed off when the spurs lose are showing emotion, probably because they actually really do care about the spurs IMO.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2013, 08:02 PM
If Miami stays healthy the Spurs don't even make it to the NBA finals.

100% rascal. You and ducks make a whole wit between the two of you. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-11-2013, 08:03 PM
And :lol at fandom smack.

Stabula
05-11-2013, 08:28 PM
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv79/DavieDonna/ThreadGay1950s.jpg (http://s671.photobucket.com/user/DavieDonna/media/ThreadGay1950s.jpg.html)

MSPaint
05-11-2013, 09:48 PM
]Real bandwagon fans don't join forums[/B], the ones that get pissed off when the spurs lose are showing emotion, probably because they actually really do care about the spurs IMO.

Truth. If you've gone through the motions to make an account on a forum dedicated to a sports team, then your obviously NOT a bandwagoner. Troll, likely, bandwagon fan, not at all.

Cry Havoc
05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Real bandwagon fans don't join forums, the ones that get pissed off when the spurs lose are showing emotion, probably because they actually really do care about the spurs IMO.

Regardless, trash takes are trash takes. REAL fans don't say a series is over when your team is relatively healthy and leading the fucking series.

RD2191
05-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey havoc did you read that in your real fans rulebook?

chapnis
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Regardless, trash takes are trash takes. REAL fans don't say a series is over when your team is relatively healthy and leading the fucking series.

True, I'd be more inclined to label them as weak-willed fans as opposed to bandwagon fans, but at the end of the day maybe they are the same.

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Bunch of faggots tbh :lol Almost 50% of the board said the series was over after game 2 :lol

100%duncan
05-11-2013, 10:57 PM
CH goin ham at faggot rob :lmao

RD2191
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Going ham? You swag hipster you.

z0sa
05-11-2013, 11:34 PM
9. miracle win in game 1, should be going to oakland down 0-2. no answer for curry, thompson, or jack. they are shutting down tp9 which in turn shuts down our offense. we are screwed.

:lol Spurs win by double digits
:lol TP with 30
:lol unstoppable GS shoots 39%
:lol wrong about everything

Kool Bob Love
06-10-2013, 09:35 PM
TRRU