PDA

View Full Version : The loss of Stephen Jackson

mystargtr34
05-10-2013, 08:46 PM
It was obvious Jack was terrible all year during the regular season.. but i think his presence on the team was/is underated.. The team lacks that extra bit of swagger and confidence in the playoffs which is huge IMO.

The role players are too timid and weak, guys like Diaw, Green, Neal, B:lolnner arent going to step up and make things uncomfortable for guys like Thompson and Curry when the going gets tough... Theres no way Thompson goes 8-9 from 3 without jack putting some elbows on him or hip checking him into the scorers table. Jack had that bit of Horry about him that is invaluable come playoff time.

The role players on this team remind me too much of the 09-11 - etc soft and weak... They are great when things are rolling i,e the regular season but you need something else come playoff time. Another thing.. its not a fluke when scrubs like Harrison Barnes and Jarret Jack start going off, not to mention Curry and Thompson when it happens time and time again.

When you look across and see Neal, Green, Joseph, Bonner guarding you you feel like you can score anytime you want.. its just the way it is. All players, and especially role players, thrive on confidence.. and they have that in abundance when playing the Spurs role players.

Its obviously of the Spurs own doing, as Pop is the guy recruiting the soft and quiet type to fit in with the 'Spurs way' :lol. IMO the loss of Jack is bigger than people think.

Thoughts? Would Jack have made a difference this series already? Not saying its over, but its not looking good.

RD2191
05-10-2013, 08:49 PM
:flag:

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Our role players are undersized for there position or they're playing out of position. Diaw is too timid on offense, Gary Neal is a chucker and is undersized, Bonner is a SF but is not fast enough to play that position, Green is too inconsistent etc.. it goes on and on.

Robz4000
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Would've been good for a couple hard fouls, but Curry and Thompson would've torched him like crazy.

biziofromdowntown
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe he was only a thug, but i'm missing him right now. we need another clutch player, and we all know Jax makes love the pressure.