PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Antonio Daniels

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_antonio_daniels.jpghttp://www.nba.com/sonics/images/sonics_logo.gif

Antonio Daniels | 33
Position: G
Born: Mar 19, 1975
Height: 6-4 / 1,93
Weight: 205 lbs. / 93,0 kg.
College : Bowling Green '97

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/antonio_daniels/index.html)

AD's done well for himself since he left SA. He stepped it up against the Spurs in the 2005 playoffs, averaging 17.8 pts, 4.2 assists, 3 rebs, 1.17 steals in 36.5 minutes a game while shooting 53.2% from the field and 88.4% on 43 attempts from the free throw line for the series. It would take the Spurs losing either Brent Barry or Devin Brown this summer plus probably a sign and trade to even land him in SA. Given that he has starting offers from a number of clubs around the league, the chances of him rejoining the Spurs are slim, but hey, it's the summer and he's on the market.

E20
07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Doesn't he play SG? Too small at 6'4. He'd have to play PG. Also, we don't really need any more G. What the Spurs FO should be looking at his a SF and some backup bigs. Also, MAYBE a backup PG but, Daniels would be too expensive and probably wouldn't accept the MIN. But, he's been doing really great and upped his game. Rumors I've been hearing he is going to sign with Miami for a chance to win another ring? Why not accept the MIN with SA and guarntee a ring for yourself?

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Devin's pretty small for a 2 and 3 but he's played both. In the Spurs' system the height of the swing players isn't all important though, yes, it is nice defensively to have some height and length.

Why should he take the min???

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Antonio Daniels, former Chosen Son of San Antonio.

But I'd rather keep Devean Brown i mean Devin.

E20
07-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Well, I don't know much about the Miami rumors and what they might offer him. But, with all the offseason talk of Scola coming in for the MLE. And Robert Horry being re-signed for the LLE I think? Or was it something else? That doesn't leave much $$ for Daniels unless if the Spurs are gonna do something else with there money.

Mr. Body
07-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Devin's pretty small for a 2 and 3 but he's played both.

He's good sized for the 2, a bit undersized for the 3.

Spursdaone
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
If anything Daniels could be a good backup to Parker and Ginobili. He would help against the physical point guards.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Well, I don't know much about the Miami rumors and what they might offer him. But, with all the offseason talk of Scola coming in for the MLE. And Robert Horry being re-signed for the LLE I think? Or was it something else? That doesn't leave much $$ for Daniels unless if the Spurs are gonna do something else with there money.

Yeah, the only way he would come would be in a sign and trade and only if Barry or Brown leave. So the chances are slim to none, but he would be a nice fit in SA, especially as a 2 man in the motion O.

E20
07-10-2005, 10:50 PM
It would be funny if we gave back Barry to the Sonics in exchange for Daniels :lol. If we got a hold of Antonio Daniels the postives would be up there, he could give Ginobili rest from playing the PG in stretches like he did this previous season, a reliable scorer and passer and would come of the bench to backup Parker. He could help develop Beno and from the Seattle series I hated Daniels like I hated Robert Horry when he was with the Lakers. The dude also has a MAD mid range jumper and has been seen to be really aggressive when going to the rim.

HB22inSA
07-10-2005, 10:52 PM
I would love to have Antonio Daniels back.

mavsfan1000
07-11-2005, 01:15 AM
He is a good player but I don't see him being a good fit in Miami. They would rather keep D. Jones because of his great 3 point shooting.

ceds
07-11-2005, 08:42 AM
LA is also after him

FoxMulder
07-11-2005, 09:26 AM
He was rejected by the Spurs and I guess heīs banned for the Spurs. I donīt know why... Iīloved to have him in any team... plus he is Tim Duncan's friend

Kori Ellis
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
There are so many teams looking at Daniels that I don't think the Spurs are even in the mix. At one point, his agent said 15 teams were after him. He can get a starting job at the point on a lot of teams, and will probably get the full MLE or more.

T Park
07-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I hope Antonio does, hes earned it, and good people like him deserve it.

Good luck Antonio, get shown the money.

Ginobilly
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
There are so many teams looking at Daniels that I don't think the Spurs are even in the mix. At one point, his agent said 15 teams were after him. He can get a starting job at the point on a lot of teams, and will probably get the full MLE or more.

True. He aint coming here period! He's 30 years old and his looking for his last lucrative contract that's going to take care of him and his family for the rest of his life. If he comes here for the LLE, the spurs will be more than happy to sign him, but obviously he doesn't want chump change and a bench role. I expect him to end up back home in Cleveland with Lebron or with the lakers for 3 year contract between 13 to 15 million.

Good luck Antonio............We'll send you a championship DVD on the 19th of July. :lol

Spursdaone
07-11-2005, 11:36 AM
He could be a backup in in 2 positions so if Parker plays 32 minutes, Ginobili plays 32 minutes than Daniels can play 32 minutes. That is starters minutes there.

Ginobilly
07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
He could be a backup in in 2 positions so if Parker plays 32 minutes, Ginobili plays 32 minutes than Daniels can play 32 minutes. That is starters minutes there.

You may be right that he could get that many minutes here and good role too but it's the $$ that will keep away from San Antonio. Remember that this is probably his last contract?

Medvedenko
07-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I hope he signs with the Lakers, not holding my breath....but it would be light years ahead of Sucky Crapkins....even though Up chuck has equal and even better offensive stats, it doesn't matter, he can't play D. Having Atkins come off the bench would be a better solution than giving him starter minutes. Actually, trading him to the Long Beach Jam would be a good start.